Connected to StuxNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files:
>2077_Model_Arm_Chainsaws.ad
>Junkyard_Jaw.trd
>Cyberweapon_or_Hyperweapon.sim
>Cyberarm_Troubleshooting_Guide.pdf

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 1752 (69% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled "Oh man, I shot Marvin in the face..."
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running FreeLove.BTL...

>Shoot straight (with your cybergun)
>Conserve ammo (for your cybergun)
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon (shoot it with your cybergun)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HtL7SW_j__0
arcologypodcast.com/
neo-anarchist.com/
violentlifepodcast.com/
criticalglitch.com/
shadowruntabletop.com/game-resources/slang-guidebook/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Well I done fucked up and made a thread too. But this one's nicer, so let's party here chummers, for sure?

Protip, open the catalog in another tab and refresh before you hit that "new thread" button; you'll prevent an awkward situation like this.

We all can't be perfect
But if you buy now, you'll be the closest you've ever been to it.

Fair 'nuff.

What are some cool things i can do with an eye patch?

I'm thinking about throwing a commlink into one, but outside of that, I don't really have anything. It's probably too small to put a gun into, but is there anything else interesting I could throw in one?

It'd be a handy place to stash a medical slap-patch.

sensors, exposive, eye drone

What about some sort of device to spoof a retina scan?

Forgive my ignorance, I'm new to Shadowrun.

couple companies are there multiple times, like red cab and dynalar
Are these actual shadowrun companies, by the way?
Rather new, don't recognize em.

They look like 2020 not Shadowrun.

So in the most recent release from the Arcology discussing the Howling Shadows release Red ('s writer) detailed what he (and according to him all the shadowrun writers) surmise would be the end of the Sixth World and the death of the entire planet. The cliff notes are:

>megacorps decide they want Asamondo's mineable resources
>they lobby for sanctions and trade restrictions against Asamondo
>without regular metahuman food supply the ghouls go nuts.
>mass exodus
>literal zombie apocalypse
>whole world turned/ dead in 6 months
>one year if dragons decide to get involved

Got thoughts on that? Personally I get HMHVV is super dangerous but I don't think it's that powerful. Also Red breathlessly overselling the power of vampires sounds about right.

end of the sixth world?
Are we talking yet another apocalypse or the actual end of the sixth age where magic goes back to sleep.

Cause the former we deal with all the time, but the latter sucks.

End of the world. Everyone dead or infected in 6 months to a year, the infected starve to death and die out a few weeks later.

The entire world loses out to HMHVV in 6 months.
Dragons, spirits, runners, corps, everyone (including other HMHVV who want to keep their slice of the world intact)

I don't buy this propaganda

I like that picture. That's a nice picture.

>Carp Ticket Centers

>United Express

So what kind of work I expect to do for courier services as a shadowrunner when wokring for NOTAmazon?

>It's probably too small to put a gun into

In Chrome Flesh there's a single-shot cybereye. If you have the patch built into your face like pic related, you could do that.

Sounds like nonsense. It better be nonsense.

Nah. If it got close to that point there would be massive retaliation in the form of corp- and gov-sanctioned pogroms against the Infected. See a ghoul/vamp/banshee/whathaveyou, shoot on sight as is your duty as a citizen.

I'd give the Infected a year at most before they go underground to survive.

Between the intelligent sociopath infected who see this as an excuse to mobilize and set the world on fire, the ghouls that go nuts and start frenzying everyone on the streets, and the dwindling number of sane, intelligent hmhvv who know that just binge eating and making more infeccted willy nilly is a stupid short sighted idea, apparently.

Who needs the coming of Horrors, nuclear war, cfd dirty bombs, or even just nature revolting when you can just end the world with a bog-standard hollywood fast zombie apocalypse right?

>all the shadowrun writers

Maybe dumb freelancers, but surely not all the writers. HMHVV is dangerous, but infection is not guaranteed (and even if you get infected survival is not guaranteed), even ghouls often go crazy and feral, and there's no way for it to last.

But the intelligent undead like Ordo Maximus know the world needs to survive for them to survive, and ghouls are just not that dangerous- they are slightly harder to kill than regular folks, which we can do in spades. Not to mention that Asamando and the surrounding African region is not wealthy by the standards of other nations. They're packing AKs and Defiances, and the response would be t-birds and Thor Shots. They'd lose a straight-up fight. The only reasons Asamando exists at all is because the region is too fractured to force them out, and the powers that be appreciate a place to ship off their infected for study and containment.

Are you insane? Shooting a dragon only pisses it off and is the quickest way to show what eventually happens to anyone who makes a seal with a dragon.

That is incredibly stupid.

The minute the sanctions/restrictions happen and exodus/revolt is even on the table, The entire Corporate Court would have people out in force to guard the borders with shoot on sight orders and nobody would really bat an eye. I mean, not only that, they'd be given carte blanche to try whatever skunkworks shit they'd want to try in the region.

Also if you think Dragons/Corps don't have contingencies for end of the world protocols with bunkers and systems in place, that's even dumber.

SaederKruppHoboKillingPersonaFix.btl

youtube.com/watch?v=HtL7SW_j__0

Well, the majority of deliveries are done by drones, so you'd be troubleshooting that for most of the time. Getting drones out of trees, rescuing them from Barrens-dwellers to make sure Mr. Jenkins gets his love pillow on time, etc.

You'd probably also do stuff like stealing the travel algorithms from notUPS and notFedEx, to optimize distribution networks, or (if the Johnson had bigger plans in mind) have you intercept or delay a large number of competitor drones (and convoys on the highways) on the day that the Apple iPhone 103 came out, slowing shipping down and making sure people post angry messages on P2.1, which will help the Johnson negotiate Apple's next shipping contract for his own company.

As with most things in Battleborn, it comes up with a cool idea and then takes it to a stupid "LMAO XD" conclusion.

Like, just act cool sometimes, goddamnit. Not every character needs to be fanatical and insane and over the top. It was well done when he was playing it straight and having a clear misunderstanding why he didn't have a gun to eliminate the poor with.

its fine,your just not using enough gun is all.

Well, this is how far SR has fallen with 5e... should fire the lot of them and roll back to 4th/20A and rebuild from there.

So, drone weapon mounts in Chummer are broken right now. Is that a known problem? Nothing shows up under the category and there's none under All, just the standard vehicle mounts.

Still an awesome idea for a Runner to face in Berlin? A SK company man who deludes himself as a spphisticated gentleman with a hateboner for sinless.

>implying that 4th was any better by the end

Chuck out Coleman, Hardy, Bull, and everyone else who participated in/covered up the embezzlement, and let SR and BT suffer for it. Get in new editors who actually can edit and have them work over 5e with a fine-toothed comb, including the new Technomancer book. Put out the missing errata for RF and beyond, and the techno book, but keep compiling all the rules. Publish equipment splats and more Shadows in Focus books- with a couple of decent writers per book, you can crank those out at a steady pace without fucking up anything too badly, and nerds love to buy that shit. Keep up the good metaplots like Megacorp Revision and whatever they're working on with Infected, give the headcases one last book for a send-off in 2080, and generally stay hands-off with new rules.

Then Jan 1., 2019, drop Shadowrun 25th Anniversary Edition. Updated core book, with updated RF, CF, DT, R5, etc. in a big cheap bundle. All the main splats will be out, so they can actually see how all the rules work and make 25A a streamlined version of 5e, with rules that are actually the same when written in two different places. then, inevitably, make SR6

>Team is hired by a Mr.Johnson that says he just wants them to eliminate the sinless and the poor
>They seem confused
>"I'm new to zis. I'll.. pay you for scalps? Is that how you people do business?"

Said 25A, meant 30A. We missed our chance to save it two years ago.

I don't know howhow fair that statement is desu. Red brought it up as a side point to the major point that as writers for the shadowrun system and lore they really have to triple check whatever new changes they make to the world to make sure they aren't indirectly causing a new apocalypse.

Red's questionable breathless enthusiasm for HMHVV aside, it is still fair considering how precarious the entire shadowrun world always is in regards to major world consequences.

>runners shoot up a novacoke den, take samples back to the Johnson
>He runs them through a scanner
>one has a Saeder-Krupp (Full) SIN

>it is still fair considering how precarious the entire shadowrun world always is in regards to major world consequences.

By 2077, they've seen multiple theoretical global catastrophes, from the Awakening and the Great Ghost Dance, toxic events all over the place, waves of VITAS, at least two concerted efforts to databomb us back to the stone age, and (most relevantly to infected apocalypse) both bug spirits and CFD trying to take over the world. And they're still standing.

It's not precarious. The names may change around, but the survival of metahumanity as a whole was not in doubt, at least by serious observers for very long. The Sixth World can take a punch.

>Ah that man's life iz forfeit when he went to the den for riff raff drugs. You are not proven to be abzeloutely worthless. Have a bar of gold for each of you. Good day!

But that's to be expected. That's why people who know movies know that the movie isn't (generally) going to end with everything going to shit and the main character dying because there's 20 minutes left in the film and no one's shot that gun that was owned by the villain ' s abusive father.

Obviously they can't have the world end on a whim because then they wouldn't be able to sell you more books and employ all those writers and artists.

The more valid aspect of your point would be that yeah the writers really could do with pushing the envelope and allow the world to have actual lasting change because clearly the Sixth World has been through worse. Short of Topps acquiring Earthdawn and nuking SR with a tide of Horrors probably Asamondo vs the World would allow for some interesting flavour and not exactly bring about the End times.

Also Megacorp Revision was pretty decent and the CFD metaplot keeps nanotechnology from being strictly better than all the outdated cool cybertech.

Is this a viable gunslinger/infiltrator build? I tried to make the pistols skill high enough that it wouldn't be too prohibitive to make called shots every now and again, but most of all I'm uncertain if I did so at the detriment of actually being useful.

If you're a PCC citizen, is that a Corporate Limited SIN, or a National SIN? Don't know which quality would more appropriately fit.

Not bad. Personally, I'd shave the points from Escape Artist, Perfrmance, and driving (you don't even have a car) and put them into perception, because 6 is not a great value there for someone who wants to be off on his own sneaking around. You're also not going to be blazing away with a gun in either hand just yet, but it's on the road.

Guessing you took the Light Fire for a sneaky weapon. Get the Colt New Model holdout from GH3; you keep your revolver bonus, and if you load it with pepper punch or narcojet it's a very accurate non-lethal.

Also, I'm guessing that haven't actually finished the character, because I don't see a lifestyle, knowledge skills, contacts, or any bullets. Do that.

Probably national, as I think the corporate SIN is mostly about being connected to a corp structure as an employee they can call upon, which being a citizen of the PCC wouldn't do. You're in the position of a shareholder rather than a wageslave in the PCC.

Yup.

CP2020 is weird. I've never actually played it, due to the fact that the mechanics seem to be on the shittier part of old school, but I can't help buying splats 'cause it's so much fun reading them.

PISTOLS
ARE
USEFUL

Why would anyone ever take the brand loyalty quality?
it's like the worst "positive" quality.
I can really only see someone taking it for roleplay reasons, like it and incomplete deprogramming together or something, but it's so bad, even that seems unlikely.

A gun is a gun, chummer.

Spoken like a man who doesn't love his weapons.

I took your advice on the skills, and moved a point from body to intuition to make perception better. The two guns thing is so that I can alternate firing from either hand, thus making my ammo pool larger.

I took the Light Fire so I could have a silenced holdout. You can't put a silencer on a revolver unfortunately. How would you load it with narcojet anyway? It can't shoot injection rounds as far as I can tell.

Anything else I should clean up? The enemy thing for one seems peculiar -- I can't find any actual rules on it but since it's in Chummer I thought it would be cool to have a fellow gunslinger rival.

I really think you should keep your relationship to your gun purely proffesional.

Looks pretty okay to me, you can even double as an asocial infiltrator. A few suggestions:

- grab some mild DEX/REA-boosting drugs - betameth, snuff, etc. Drugs are fun, drugs are nice.
- you get more mileage from loosing one point of essence to muscle toner than buying improved agility. You'll still be able to add on some cybereyes with inbuilt smartlink and other fun stuff. Nuyen's the limit.
- you have high Edge, so you're probably gonna use it a lot. See if you could find place for Daredevil and/or Revels in Murder.
- if I were you I'd take my points from longarms and put them into automatics so that I'd be able to both shoot stuff at longer range and lay down some suppresive fire if needed.
- grab an invisibility spell foci to be able to sneak even better, although not necesarilly at chargen.

if you want to do called shots, you want the Perfect Time quality to giver you a second free action so you can called shot while running or using rapid draw.

your smartgun systems do nothing because you dont have the smartlink to plug them in to. if you're as cash-strapped as i think you are, consider using laser sights instead (they're 95% as good if you dont have an implanted smartlink anyway)

speed loaders only matter if your agility is lower than the capacity of the cylinder. look at the table on page 163.

>How would you load it with narcojet anyway

Capsule rounds, mix narco and DMSO (you can do that to all non-contact toxins).

I eventually plan to get "burnout's way" and cyber up, but I'm too impoverished to do so from the start.

Yeah, I just realized I got rid of the smartlinked contacts but kept the smartguns. Thanks for pointing that out.

That makes sense. Didn't realize you could do that.

>putting bombs in your own head
I seriously hope you didn't have to pay for that.

They ARE shitty, in every single way.

It's really sad that there isn't a cyberpunk game with good mechanics.

Cyberpunk becomes more and more relevant, and yet the genre gets less and less attention.

Any recommendations for a alchemy Mentor Spirit? Some of them give benefits to specific types of preparations, but I don't know if there's a good general one.

It's growing in vidya, a few different cyberpunk games coming out soon.

> It's really sad that there isn't a cyberpunk game with good mechanics.

Looks like a nice niche to fill.

I've got a question for you folks.
My DM reccomended the following podcasts to learn about shadowrun. Am completely new.

>arcologypodcast.com/
>neo-anarchist.com/
>violentlifepodcast.com/
>criticalglitch.com/
is there a best?
all of them have like 40 episodes, and I really don't want to sort through and listen for good ones, especially since some of them are like fourty five minutes-hour long episodes.

I've been listening to neo-anarchist since it's short and packed with history, but something about his voice and the ultra biased roleplaying especially constantly saying crows rubs me the wrong way a little.

>It's growing in vidya, a few different cyberpunk games coming out soon.

Deus ex, cyberpunk 2077 (If that's ever coming out, their website stopping getting updated years before Witcher 3 came out IIRC)... I can't think of anything else, but there probably is something.

VA-11 HALL-A just came out, if you like waifus and non-runner cyberpunk

Didn't know about that one.

Gonna be real here, it looks like crap to me despite the rave reviews.
Are the waifus what give it such good reviews?
Are they that good?

Neon Chrome.
Black Ice.
NO THING.

god, especially fucking NO THING.
And these are just from my wishlist!

I think it has good reviews because you get to liquor up shadowrunners (actual fucking cyber assassins) and newspaper CEOs and listen to them talk about their lives.

I focus on NO THING because I feel like that is exactly what being brainhacked looks like.
That's exactly the shit I'm going to do when I give someone that special flavor of biofeedback that makes them hallucinate wildly.

The waifus are really not the appeal of the game. It's advertised as such, but the protagonist has no romantic interest with any of the characters, and none of them come as waifu-bait unless your idea of a dream girl is an android prostitute that takes her job in stride. Play it for the cyberpunk setting as seen through the eyes of a bartender on the outskirts of the action, getting their information from the people that come in to the bar and characterize the world, rather than by being on the front lines in the midst of action.

Every day has about two-three alternate conversations based on the drinks you serve, but I've yet to replay it and actually find everything. It's short as hell for a VN, but not bad for fifteen american fun bux either. Just be warned that it has more Veeky Forums-y humor for lack of better words. It's balanced well with the more serious topics, but if browsing danger/u/ or seeing mock-Costanza (who actually has some genuinely funny stories and makes for a neat detective) are going to send you into a seething rage, don't even bother.

Crows?

he keeps calling the viewers crows.
I don't quite get why.

Aw fuck, don't forget to play the Prologue followed by the Demo before playing the main game. Both are relevant and referenced back to, and you can get everything off MEGA if you dig through the archives.

Streamer-Chan is pretty funny.

He's a raven shaman. 'Little Crows' is his nickname for his audience.

Likewise. I'm still a little dissapointed she didn't get more conversations.

Know I'm wondering what it'd be like to play a technomancer/decker that was constantly streaming, or at least browsing social media, 24/7.

>your idea of a dream girl is an android prostitute that takes her job in stride

... Guilty. Dorothy is adorable.

Can someone explain why 'geek' is the slang for killing?

I imagine it's based in geek shows. "Geeks" biting the heads off chickens and the like.

But what happens when the Horrors come back?

A lot of SR Futureslang is dumb and doesn't make sense.

>shadowruntabletop.com/game-resources/slang-guidebook/
>Hoi
>Hi Hello. (Familiar form)

HOI!! I'M TEMMIE! I'M UR FIXER!

'Hoi' just a variation on hello in Japanese. It makes perfect sense.

Then humanity survives, probably. Made it through at least two waves already, and there's no reason the Sixth World should fail any harder than the Fourth at surviving, especially now that we have spaceships.

Hoi, chummer! It looks like we'll be partners on this mission. I'll be sure to lend you my strength.

Rather have Jonathan desu

Is it OK to do a Shadowrun campaign on a non Shadowrun system?
Like, I love Shadowrun's nomenclature but the system itself and the world is eh in my eyes.

>don't like system or world
>only like made-up slang

Yes, user, you can run a cyberpunk game, a fantasy game, a cyberpunk fantasy game, or something else entirely that is not Shadowrun but uses words stolen from the books. We're not going to try and press copyright.

They should be working properly, but I'm not in a position to test it right now. What version are you on?

>fixer that has no sense about money, will even buy back things they sold/gave us for more
I'd be ok with it.

Well, I like the world but not the creative restriction of having the mega corps pre-made. I feel like such a major part should be custom.

Arcology is a great actual play, it gets engaging really quick and they're a good group of role players playing in a diverse and colorful group with one of the better gms I've heard. Mr. Johnson always let's them do cool shit and occasionally breaks the group in half with hit squads and gang attacks.

But you should start at the beginning and also get ready for some shitty audio at first.

Also neo anarchist is pretty good. He's got a fun character who adds a lot of flavour and as he gets into the metaplots he adds a lot of interesting detail.

>Breeder n. Ork slang for a “normal” Human.
I don't get this one, since it's orks that 'Breed', insofar as they have lots of kids and die fast.

>Deckhead n. Simsense abuser; anyone with a datajack or chipjack.
I feel like 'Chiphead' or 'Beetlehead' (From BTL, Beetle) is a better slang term, to reduce confusion from cyberdecks.

>Drek n. (vul) A common curse word. adj: Drekky
>Frag v. Common swear word. adj: Fragging.
>Slot v. Mild curse word.

I prefer just going with actual profanity rather than these 'replacement' words. 'Fuck' is classic, I have a hard time imagining it going out of style.

>Go-go-go n. A bike gang or gang member.
I like 'Go-Gang' for bike/car gangs, I'm not sure I'm feeling go-go-go for the members of those gangs.

>Jander v. To walk in an arrogant yet casual manner; to strut.
Wut

>Razorguy n. Heavily cybered samurai or other muscle.
I prefer 'Razorboy/Razorgirl to Razorguy/Razorgal? Also, I tend to only apply that moniker to blade-focused Sams, not gunsams.

I think most of the rest works.

Wow, you weren't kidding about the shitty audio.
Thanks in any case, chummer.

I do agree that neo anarchist is good, but he has some quirks that bug the fuck out of me
>Yelling HOI directly into the mic at the start of half the episodes
That shit's annoying.

Then customize it. Shadowrun doesn't have to be exactly the same in each campaign and shit. If you want human headed centaurs that's fine. If you want the UCAS to get nuked then that's fine. And if you want to homered your megacorp go ahead.

He stops doing that eventually too.

As a GM, how do I shift a game towards being more and more noir without my players noticing?
It's not like I can add the widescreen bars and film gain to their imagination.

Those are fine, I like your substitutes.

Only thing I would disagree with is swearing. It's totally cheesy and stupid but it also is really cute and in-style for the gritty hardcore broody but totally goofy and over the top and laughable anksty atmosphere of 80's era cyberpunk.

The 10 AAA corps are specified, as are a few AAs and As.

There's dozens of other AAs and As out there, and hundreds of Bs and Cs. There's plenty of space to make up your own corps if you want, and for all practical purposes they are the same. The runners won't care if the corp has 100,000 employees in 90 countries, or 20,000 employees in 17, the facility they are going after is still a big factory with about 10 guards.

>Breeder
Because when a meta has kids with a human, the kids usually express as the meta. Hence, humans are for breeding.

>Swears
Fuck is still around, but there's also call for more than one swear in society; how many people say 'faggot' anymore outside of Veeky Forums, while new curse words pop up all the time. Plus, they need some stuff they can print in a book.

>Razorboy and razorgirl
Were commonly used terms, and still are most of the time. I never hear anyone use 'razorguy' or 'razorgal'.

>Jander and go-go-go
Don't know those ones. Amazingly, you don't have to use all the slang in the book all the time- you can pick and choose the words that come out of your mouth. If you don't like one, don't use it.

New York detective NPC fixer with a bum ticker and an AI inhabited biodrone dog partner with a wry sense of humor, obviously.

Also [spoilers]way too many fedoras [/spoilers]

Just updated to the latest version about an hour before I posted that.

What program do you use for your char sheet?

does he? that's good.
Guess I'll keep watching him.

Play up noir tropes. Cynical detectives doomed from the start, femme fatales, rainy streets and smoke-filled rooms, the players never get a job that doesn't already have innocent blood spilled because of it (and they can't get vengeance because the forces that be are just too powerful), etc.

That's Chummer, chummer.

Not to be confused with Omae, Omae.

>* You have 1 new private message, titled "Oh man, I shot Marvin in the face..."

That's what you get for keeping your arm loaded with lethals while driving.