Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

How willing is your character to play dress-up with optimal magic items? What if it means crossdressing? Wearing cute dresses and high heels?

N. Jolly's vigilante book playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1Hrk1hl8uXVHazaiPOCvWsFUHX3PB6fQVd13tzguJTgE/edit?usp=sharing

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hdPm41ad

Please search for the unerrata'd content here:
web.archive.org/web/http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

paizo.com/products/btpy9nda/discuss?Pathfinder-Player-Companion-Heroes-of-the-High-Court
paizo.com/products/btpy9mbl?Pathfinder-Player-Companion-Blood-of-the-Beast
paizo.com/products/btpy9nd4/discuss?Pathfinder-Player-Companion-Healers-Handbook
paizo.com/products/btpy9mbl/discuss?Pathfinder-Player-Companion-Blood-of-the-Beast#23
paizo.com/products/btpy9mbl/discuss?Pathfinder-Player-Companion-Blood-of-the-Beast#45
rpg.stackexchange.com/questions/45487/do-natural-attacks-count-as-melee-weapons
youtu.be/f234SLswpas
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Would a Dragon taking the Longevity mythic universal ability lose the age-category penalties to its Dexterity? While they *are* in-step with its size increases, the dex penalty is (like all the other age mods) specfically a factor of the age category, and not a size bonus or penalty.

My big manly monk dude wears a corset of delicate moves. It earns him a lot of shit

>Mythic Dragon
Jesus christ user why would the Dex penalty even matter to this nightmare beast

Because defending against touch attacks.
Oh also because it picked up a cannon.

>How willing is your character to play dress-up with optimal magic items? What if it means crossdressing?
She already wears suits, so ?

Let me make myself a bit more clear:
We don't know if it's proficient
We know it's mythic
We suspect it's got those siege feats to reload the things right quick, or maybe just has a dozen fucking cannons waiting readied in a bag, I don't fucking know.

What I need to know is if it's scatter-shotting villages and peasant levies for fun, or if it's not -8 dex due to age and built to snipe our heads off with broadsides

Innocent, guileless affection. I just want a friend I can hug and cuddle and and hold hands with, but all my friends hate touching.

So, PFG, I have been tasked to GM a game for some younger players (plus a couple of parents). They range from 8 to 12, and have enough of a grasp of math that I'm not TOO scared of playing. The request? Zootopia in Pathfinder.

This is NOT FOR LEWDS, and Pathfinder was specifically requested, so leave those comments tabled. I would have run FATE otherwise.

Anyway, long story short, they're a party of 6 starting from level 1 but leveling quickly until 3 or 4, stuff that's overtly magic is getting refluffed as technology, and I'm writing the starting characters and tightly controlling spell access and such. 3pp is allowed, all races must be anthropomorphic animals of some kind (need help finding ones of prey animals, I'm using some non-mammals despite the movie not including them). Finally, I'd like them easy to use for new players.

What I need help with is in generating ideas for characters and missions. Missions will either be for the new mayor or Mr. Big, depending on what the players want.

Thanks in advance.

What happens if someone casts Geas on you, then someone else casts Geas on you, and you can't complete one without failing the other? Are you just fucked?

Can Vigilantes select the Rogue Talent/Ninja Trick options more than once? Because it seems to lack the "you can select this multiple times" qualifier for those talents.

>Multiple Mental Control Effects: Sometimes magical effects that establish mental control render each other irrelevant, such as spells that remove the subject’s ability to act. Mental controls that don’t remove the recipient’s ability to act usually do not interfere with each other. If a creature is under the mental control of two or more creatures, it tends to obey each to the best of its ability, and to the extent of the control each effect allows. If the controlled creature receives conflicting orders simultaneously, the competing controllers must make opposed Charisma checks to determine which one the creature obeys.

Yeah. You're just limited by the restrictions on that particular trick/talent.

>Zootopia in Pathfinder.

You will look back upon this as the month when you sealed those children's fates as furries.

Their fate was sealed before this ever came up, they're the ones who requested the game and theme.

Anyway, I've found so far for races...

Kitsune and Tengu from Paizo
Skinwalkers will be changed to always be in hybrid form, and Half-Orcs can be used for pigs.
9 Akasha races, plus Ophiduan from DSP.

Currently doing up a Rhino Aegis and an Ibis Wizard (fluffed as basically a utility belt of special grenade rounds and stimulant injectors for buffs)

Curious choice of system aside, rescuing the boss' daughter/granddaughter is a classic mission. Retrieving a high-value stolen item is viable for good guys and bad guys as well.

I want to fuck that rabbit

If it doesn't say you can, then you can't. I don't know where is getting it from.

I'm still not seeing where you can do that.

>Unless otherwise noted, a talent can be selected only once.

The entire text for Rogue Talent is

>Rogue Talent (Ex): The vigilante gains a single rogue talent (not an advanced talent) of his choice. If he selects a rogue talent marked with an asterisk (*), that talent applies to his hidden strikes instead of to sneak attacks, and the talent counts as a stalker vigilante talent with an asterisk (*) for the limitation of only one applying to a given hidden strike. Only a stalker vigilante can select this talent.

Which says nothing about selecting it more than once.

It's assumed you can only take any talent once.

You and all of /co/

you and a large portion of the internet user

I would recommend a different system all toge
>Pathfinder was specifically requested,
by whom? and why exactly? Because my first reaction was to run it in Ironclaw or Ryuutama.

As for missions and jobs, I'd say you can't go wrong with either busting up a smuggling operation, rescuing kidnapped persons, or solving and either stopping or aprehending some major Wolf bank robber named Lupin III

>Ibis

Oh god, is Ssalarn still pushing his +4 (PLUS FUCKING FOUR) Intelligence race with Fly and Perception bonuses and flight?

Why?

Oh get over it you filthy gits, if you're going to include a magical realm at least make it lewd.

I'm removing flight from this one, would bypass too much of the challenge in certain regions (Rainforest and Mountains areas). Don't much care what's up Ssalarn's bonnet, with me doing the writing and controlling access to stuff it's fair. Probably won't even be picked.

Best magical realm is cursed items TF magical realm

paizo.com/products/btpy9nda/discuss?Pathfinder-Player-Companion-Heroes-of-the-High-Court

>Pathfinder Player Companion: Heroes of the High Court (PFRPG)

>Adventure is not limited to dank dungeons and grimy back alleys: sometimes the greatest risks and rewards are found in the halls of queens and emperors. Pathfinder Player Companion: Heroes of the High Court presents everything you need to take your adventures into the royal courts and noble houses of the Pathfinder campaign setting. Learn how to dress and act among devious nobles, gain access to the halls of political power, and take advantage of the privileges afforded to those who have mastered the arts of high court intrigue!

>Preorder - Expected approximately January 2017.

Is this where we get to dress up as pretty princesses even as boys?

Unless that TF stands for Team Fortress, you're describing worst (and most common) magical realm

I can't wait for the noble fighter archetype that gives you fuck all in exchange for weapon training.

>Cursed items Team Fortress magical realm

The funny thing is, that's probably a real fetish someone has.

paizo.com/products/btpy9mbl?Pathfinder-Player-Companion-Blood-of-the-Beast

>Pathfinder Player Companion: Blood of the Beast (PFRPG)

>There are far more fantasy races than just elves and dwarves! Pathfinder Player Companion: Blood of Beasts delves into individual details about seven races: the feline catfolk, froglike grippli, fox-tailed trickster kitsune, snakelike nagaji, cunning ratfolk, raven-headed tengu, and monkeylike vanara. Information for each race includes an examination of their place in the world of Golarion, expansions of their racial options, and new player options that can be used by characters of many races such as the luck magic created by catfolk, and the ki powers perfected by vanaras.

>Preorder - Expected approximately October 2016.

Hey kids, wanna yiff?

Goblinoids need more love. I like the fact Tengu and Grippli are getting stuff though. Bugbear should be playable.

Honestly I'm fucking hyped for some proper noble-oriented archetypes and items.

I've been making noble characters since forever in Pathfinder, it's about time I get the chance to actually make a legitimately noble dude.

This looks like the beastfolk's version of the Inner Sea Races, I'm actually excited to see how they write up Lizardfolk, Kitsune or Skinwalkers and werewolf knot.

paizo.com/products/btpy9nd4/discuss?Pathfinder-Player-Companion-Healers-Handbook

>Pathfinder Player Companion: Healer's Handbook (PFRPG)

>Whether it’s getting patched up after a fight, dealing with a debilitating disease you contracted in a dank dungeon, or negating the effects of a terrible poison in the middle of combat, eventually every adventurer needs a healer. The healers have their own agendas, of course, and those don’t always end at fixing up the ailments of their allies. With Pathfinder Player Companion: Healer’s Handbook, characters can learn to efficiently heal their patients, while making sure they don’t get reduced to a walking first-aid kit. In addition to class options and abilities, this Player Companion includes dozens of new healing-themed spells and magic items!!
DOUBLE EXCLAMATION MARK!!

>Preorder - Expected approximately December 2016.

Are you prepared for the cancerous healslut meme to be vindicated?

Right next to the wizard archetype that loses some of its bonus feats for 8+INT skill ranks and the ability to use intelligence for Diplomacy, Bluff, Intimidate, Sense Motive, Perform, Use Magic Device, and Perception.

>Luck magic created by catfolk

Oh, shit, we Wakfu now.

Hey man, don't joke about this shit when we already have an asston of "Int >>> Cha" in Paizofinder.

>Hey kids, wanna yiff?

You want to hear my crazy opinion that will probably get me called out by you lads?

Yes, I'm actually ready to yiff. I'm sick and fucking tired of playing humanoids, so sick and tired that the prospect of playing a goddamn animal with freaky animal genitals and a habit of using them stirs something within my hollow soul.

I can already smell it a mile away...
>Fighter Archetype
>At 2nd level, you gain Skill Focus: Diplomacy. This replaces the 1st level bonus feat
>At 4th level, you gain Signature Skill: Sense Motive. You must have Skill Focus: Sense Motive for the signature skill feat to function. This replaces the 2nd level bonus feat and Armor Mastery
>At 5th level, you gain a nonmagical crown, which you must sell before attaining level 6 at a value of 500gp. This replaces Weapon Mastery

>Freedom of Goodness
>Your spells, spell-like and supernatural abilities which affect or gain bonuses versus evil creatures treat Lawful-aligned or Lawful-Subtype creatures, as well as any with advanced firearms or technological items, as though they were Evil Outsiders if this would be beneficial to you.

>Male monarchy is invariably evil; only matriarchal society queens have good alignments and can have a successful kingdom

>Half the royals in the book are trans and must fight against the great injustices perpetrated against them by intolerant bigoted Evil entities to prove themselves worthy of the very things they are most worthy of.
>No intolerance or bigotry actually exists in their kingdoms, this is stated fact.

>Male monarchy is invariably evil; only matriarchal society queens have good alignments and can have a successful kingdom

What are some examples of a functioning male monarchy in Avistan?

Welp, this might help Zootopia user

There's no chance in hell they produce anything that actually makes combat healing worth your time.

Brevoy, Numeria, and Taldor are the only monarchies in Avistan with kings, and all of those are dysfunctional nations.

Osirion is the only Garundi monarchy. It has a king. It works well. WE WUZ KANGS

Yeah, it seems kind of odd how they've established a number of the biases and gender roles of our world don't exist in Golarion and then continue to write characters in Golarion as if they do.

There are plenty of good male rulers.

Codwin, Gyr, bunch of guys in the River Kingdoms, a bunch of Linnorn Kings, Aduard, the Pactmasters, Khemet

Hell the vast majority of rules are male, and most are not evil.

paizo.com/products/btpy9mbl/discuss?Pathfinder-Player-Companion-Blood-of-the-Beast#23

>Owen K. C. Stephens
>Developer
>I don't think it's saying to much to acknowledge Alex is working on this book, but I also have some awesome staff writers producing material for it as well!

I sure hope Alex Augunas is going to improve kitsune away from being furry fapbait! Right, everyone?

Kill me now.

>it seems kind of odd how they've established a number of the biases and gender roles of our world don't exist in Golarion and then continue to write characters in Golarion as if they do.

Except they've said the gender roles and biases do exist, just in different places.

This is why you have Cheliax and Taldor being a fairly patriarchal place, while Holomog is turbo-progressive and feminist.

>a bunch of Linnorn Kings

The only good Linnorm King is Sveinn Blood-Eagle.

The River Kingdoms have plenty of kings. LotLK have plenty of kings. Most countries just don't have a kings.

Male rulers are the majority.

The barbarian's own backstory is one of those contradictions actually.

>Fights against women's role
>Tribe stated to have no such thing

Good/Neutral. I think only 1 linnorm king is actually evil?

paizo.com/products/btpy9mbl/discuss?Pathfinder-Player-Companion-Blood-of-the-Beast#45

>Alexander Augunas

>Here's something I don't share often enough: I'm not a furry. I don't associate with that fandom, and when I was asked to come aboard on this project, I told Owen flat-out that the "furry folk" theme, as you called it, worried me. I really don't need any more people in my local PFS lodge assuming anything else about me. Owen, however, quickly convinced me that this wasn't the case with Blood of the Beast, and I felt foolish for thinking that he was going for a "furry folk" theme with this product. After all, I had forgotten the Rule of Owen; first and foremost, Owen is a genius.

>If you're part of the furry fandom, you will probably like this book. If you're not, but you're interested in even one of the races, you might still like this book. All I ask is that you give it a chance. Because if you don't, then Paizo-Freelancer-Cap off, 3PP-Publisher-Cap on it is highly unlikely that you'll see any of these races in any greater capacity then how you see them here. When you "vote with your wallet," your vote doesn't go against the layout or the flavor-to-crunch-ratio, it goes against the topic first and foremost. So if this topic even remotely interests you, please invest in it.

Not a furry. Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrre...

Sveinn is powerful and fair, but very old.

Opir Eight-Fingers is a sniveling worm and constantly regarded as a weakling and loser.

Ingimundr the Unruly is regarded as a warmonger and chaotic evil raider, dedicated to throwing the Ulfen back into the past.

White Estrid is ambitious, powerful, progressive yet traditional, and considered the greatest choice for High King when Sveinn leaves to Valenhall.

>Spends a paragraph talking about how the book is totally not furry
>Next paragraph is about how furries will love this book and people who aren't might find some things cool

10 internets says there's a racial variant to that "totally not a prostitute" compatible with magical child, in the new book.

For reasons entirely unrelated to "extra yiffing" - mostly because it's based on extra yiffing.

>Owen, however, quickly convinced me that this wasn't the case with Blood of the Beast, and I felt foolish for thinking that he was going for a "furry folk" theme with this product.

What a conversation that must have been.

Would people be interested in a total revamp of the Agathiel that was based off the unchained eidolon rules instead of forcing beast shape with shitty wording? Not quite "basically spell-less synthesist", but close. What things from the original archetype should I hang on to?

But Companion to the Lonely DOES work with the Magical Child.

If you use both N. Jolly and Ssalarn a shit's vigilante playtests, you can play a spherecasting Magical Child with full CL for Destruction and Intelligence instead of Charisma for everything. Even Companion to the Lonely!

"H-H-Hey Owen..."
*heavy breathing*
"This is... g-gonna have kitsune in it, right? RIGHT? :3"

Even funnier when you realize he goes right back to talking about how furry the book is immediately after convincing someone the book wasn't furry.

I've never been big on using genitals at the table, freaky animal variety or otherwise, but I kinda get where you're coming from. I ran nothing but humans for years and years, and eventually started feeling like I was in a rut. Took several decidedly non-human characters before I felt like picking up that extra feat again.

Doesn't help if you don't have ANY land speed man.

For one thing they're terrible for rolling dice.
I can hold like, A die on there without all of them toppling if I so much as breathe, tops.

And shaking them before a roll?
Awkward

>Imply my Spherecasting Magical Loli Prostitute isn't Charisma Based

Step it up, son.

ACTHUALLY, to expand, if I DID go write up an archetype that used unchained eidolon rules, should I keep it locked on the Agathian flavor or totally redo it as a "blessed by outsiders" archetype that lets you pick one of the eidolon subtypes? It would wind up being more complicated if I did that, but it would also free the archetype from being shackled to the "one step from NG". Of course, you'd probably have to still be shackled to the alignment of your "eidolon form" subtype so we don't have "totally good" devils running around.

Trickster: Fickle Attacks:
It says weapons and alchemicals, but does it include natural weapons?

And does it do this for ALL dice in an attack, or only the 1-2 basic weapon dice (making it a trap)?

Well, if you're just going to use eidolon rules anyhow, you might run into the same problem the devs themselves did-the people who think that shit is hella rad can just play a synthesist.

Can someone explain why girls are so into werewolves? Both times my character got infected one of the female players gets all concerned and close.

One form and equipment shaping, you don't gain the eidolon stats. Give it the agathion native evolutions and evolution points.

Not if they wanna do PFS

The same reason women like black men, they yearn to be taken by them and ravaged by them, to belong completely to that strong ape-like or wolf-like man.

Big bodies, big exotic dicks, rough sex and a type of animal magnetism that means the bad wolf might cherish you as a mate.

It's basically a bestial form of the vampire, small wonder the werewolf is the second most popular non-human pairing in smut stories.

Someone much taller, with broad shoulders, that's also a dumb brute for them to tame.

They get to feel they're the wiser/smarter/fairer sex, while having something that they can wrap around themselves at night.

What's wrong with you?

>just play a synthesist

Except that's the exact problem with the Agathiel /RIGHT NOW/. It's totally incompetent, and you can just play a synthesist and do everything it wants to do way better. At least if the archetype itself was "a different synthesist" it would at least be competent enough at it to consider an option.

This was actually the short of what I was thinking, you keep your own stats and equipment, but slap on evolutions and junk over yourself, and gain the bonus stats as you level. Also see: I should probably think of a way to incentivize having decent charisma, but I'll think on that later.

I'm shitposting.

>No Skinwalkers mentioned
I mean, I guess Blood of the Moon was released, but still, something to expand upon it would be nice.
Does the same logic apply to men and werewolf or vampire women?

>Does the same logic apply to men and werewolf or vampire women?

No idea, I'm used to playing the werewolf/vampire.

Up to a point it can, but do recall that we require less "scenario-building" to be in the mood than women; males and females have differing average 'ranges' in regards to attraction.

So generally speaking, women like the "tame the beast" part of that a bit more, while we like the "hot and exotic" part a bit more.

Make no mistake, though, it's fapbait in both cases!

Wasn't N.Jolly here just a couple days ago with something that was literally "Agathiel but actually usable and fun"?

I know most of us here have no love for the Mythic stuff, and I don't actually disagree with you, but it *would* help a lot if anyone can help figure it out.

>How willing is your character to play dress-up with optimal magic items? What if it means crossdressing? Wearing cute dresses and high heels?
My magus would adamantly refuse. The rogue would definitely consider it.

>Does the same logic apply to men and werewolf or vampire women?

Not really; men generally enjoy the werewolf girl or vampire woman for her exotic figure and things they can do in the sack, while women get off on the idea of becoming some vampire's Object of Desire or getting bred like a prime broodmare by some ravenous werewolf, worthy of bearing his pups.

Why is it so hard to believe that Augunas ISN'T a furry?

His version was actually just "here, have an animal companion and wildshape, go nuts" instead of "you have one form granted to you by outsiders that you can transform into". It's good, but it's JUST NOT THE SAME.

If I started posting cuck porn with a trip on on /gif/ for three years and told everyone "I don't like cuckolding' you wouldn't believe me either

Considering both adults grew up with that spoiler, it is TOTALLY the first mission. Incidentally also a good way to get ZPD and Mafia operatives working together.

>Incentivize CHA

Agathiel is divine in origin, yes? Just give them a form of Divine Grace to represent the power of their celestial fluffiness or whatever.

But does he post kitsune more than /pfg/ does?

My character has no fashion sense. The boots could be bright orange, he'll easily believe if you tell him it's numerian industrial safety codes or something and he'll put them on.

However, the "male/female" fashions let *others* identify you to figure whether it's something they want to pursue, stab, seduce, court, ignore, introduce to their sibling, or whatever.

So anyone crossdressing or the like is quite simply attempting to deceive other people; it's no different than those rubber masks. Whether you're untrained and walking around in an obvious nixon with misplaced eyeholes or a refined perfect-match right out of mission impossible is only a matter of your own skill at it, and it wouldn't be the first time anyone sees someone incompetent at their hobby or their job.

We should invite Augunas to this thread!

Who is the slut on that picture anyway?

I laughed much harder than was probably appropriate on that pic and file name

When something just says 'your weapon' or 'weapons', like Augmented Weapon (Aegis) or other such abilities; not "manufactured weapons" just "weapons" can it be applied to natural weapons?

Generally yeah, it should follow the blacklist method where the only things it can't do are specified.

As
said, and this might help:
rpg.stackexchange.com/questions/45487/do-natural-attacks-count-as-melee-weapons

The only question is: Will it be Red, Green, or Pink Jacket?

Also, you totally will have to play the music when the chase scene starts, which one in particular is up to you, but my favorite for chase scenes will always be
youtu.be/f234SLswpas

Probably Green Shirt, and accompanied by a ZS Bushi, Kaigun Marksman, and some flavor of other rogue.

>no fashion sense

BROTHER