Warhammer 40k general

I don't care anymore edition.

>Rules databases
mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

games-workshop.com/en-US/blog/blog.jsp?_requestid=1432746
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_solvent-induced_encephalopathy
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for the Greater Good

Fuck this game

Kek, don't you know that the new janitors give bans for these posts?

Anyways, I'm trying to think up a camo scheme for my Leman Russ. Mainly Zandri Dust, though I want to work in Caledor Sky somewhere in there. Anyone have any ideas?

Hey Grey Knight players, how does this sound as a 2000 point army?
>2-3 purifiers in rhinos
>(ML3)librarian
>2 dreadknights fully kitted with psycannon, incinerator, and teleporters
>Kaldor draigo
>termies
> Land raider crusader

That's the backbone, what would make it better? Paladins? Another librarian? Coteaz and his inquisition palls?

Hard mode: no more than 300 points of allies and no Knights

Are you getting the inspiration from a movie/ certain regement? I'm trying to visualize it

What about tank markings? Blue instead of red.

Drop draigo, he costs as much as a land raider.

Well shit

He's one of those units I wish was better, I'm painting him right now but my guess is he isn't worth the points as an overpriced Challenge monster in a shooty meta, what should I replace him with? Is the xiphon interceptor good? My group says they'll let me use my doomscythe as a counts as for it.

So can someone sum up what the FaQ is changing? People seem to be pissing their pants about it at my LGS but I haven't heard what it does.

Go to Facebook and see for yourself.

Nah mate, trying to come up with one. Right now I'm thinking the main body of the tank to be the tan Zandri Dust color, though I'm not sure what to put for the camo scheme. Maybe a banded camo scheme, with large spots of Caledor Sky seperated with a line of Pallid Wych Flesh and Abbadon Black?

That could work, actually. Though I'm conflicted between either the banded camo I mentioned above, or the tank markings you posted.

Drop Land Raider. Draigo is better transport.

Drop draigo and transports Deep strike is better

At first i thought that was a joke but I remembered he can deep strike himself and his crew, who should be in his unit?

Can't deep strike purifiers unfortunately, land raider is there so my termies don't get blown up turn one and don't have to worry about mishaps, also it provides some much needed weight of fire

They cant shoot at you if they are dead, spam psycannons and flamers in termies or stike teams and you will only have to worry about tanks and remaininv heavy weapons

Termies or Paladins. Hell, you can even Gate of Infinity some Purifiers for some Cleansing Flame goodness. This tactic just needs a reliable way to deep strike. Allied Locator Beacons work, as do Inquisitions servo skulls.

Im trying to do some silly undeground cave/underhive battleground with homebrew rules.
here is what i did so far

>the terrain will be a gray rocky table, using rocks and pebbles to create the cave tunnels, they can be every size, from a small chockepoint that can barely let a guardsman pass to huge halls
>everytime a blast template hits (of course cant scatter outside the tunnel) a d3 must be rolled 1= nothing happens 2=a portion of the tunnel collapse, and the cave gets narrowed by half when the template has hit 3)the thing collapses completely and the tunnel is closed (still thinking if i should add a dangerous terrain test to the units that are in the portions that are collapsing)
>melta weapons can create a tunnel long 12" of the size of the weapon's user in theyr shooting phases
>deepstriking unit always take a dangerous terrain test if they teleport in, drop pods can buy a melta charge for 20pts for being deployed, if it scatters outside a tunnel a chamber is created around it

How does it sound? What should i fix and add?

first for da Waaagh!

i wanna make a fluffy speed freek army but also don't wanna lose game after game
can i get some input on what my list should look like?

i kinda also wanna play ghazghkull

Just play Zone Mortalis using cave rules.

>don't want to lose every game
>but wants to play Orks (of any variety)
Choose one and only one user

Can't have fluffy and competitive in one ork list. If anything, just take a lot of bikers, deffkopters, and boyz in trukks and wagons. Just go fast and throw on Ghazghkull.

Ah see my issue was getting a homing beakon in before turn 1 deep strikes, interceptors seemed good but I forgot servo skulls fill that niche, too bad coteaz can't take them which means I have to take a second dirt cheap inquisitor HQ

So I like playing Nids but there's a guy who likes bringing two wraithknights at 1000 points in common rotation at my lgs.

What do? Besides cry, which seems like the correct choice. I was thinking about trying to shove a Heirodule + Venomthrope in his face but that six on a wound roll haunts me.

Do I just play the "Have Flyrants kill everything else and try to out-objective him" game? Rolling Purge the Alien sounds like pain though.

Homing beacon doesn't work if you wanna Gate Purifiers though. I think the rule says only models in terminator armor may use it. I'd suggest that dirt cheap inquisitor or allied SM scout bikes with Locator beacon. You can infiltrate and scout them to position for some precision deep striking.

Also, Interceptors are pretty good. Like mini NDK.

can you please take a picture of this guy's army and then take a picture of the guy? I want to be able to see his face. I got shit for wanting to bring 3 imperial knights in a 2500 point 30k, but this makes me feel a lot better about myself.

Is your LGS a GW? Where do you live?

This sounds like you're making it up for (You)'s but on the extreme off chance you aren't - don't play him.

people gave you shit over that? at 2.5k you might as well be playing apoc and bringing loads of anti tank. heck i think the primarchs can solo a knight easily or at least the iron warriors guy can

games-workshop.com/en-US/blog/blog.jsp?_requestid=1432746

>Equips Librarian with force staff with no mention of Gallian's
>Doesn't mention the increase to Dreadnought attack profile
>"Just take grav bikers and Assault death star ;)"

Fuck you, John!

You shouldn't be giving tips, you should be begging for them at your low-paying job!

>What do?
If it were me in your situation, I just wouldn't play him.

>Eldar player
>two wraithknights at 1,000 points
>against Tyranids

He seems like an ass. I woudn't play him.

yep it was pretty depressing. I just couldn't afford the $200 resin tanks or do justice for $100 primarch models so I got the Knight Renegades box instead haha.

If you're using the GW rules, most groups will still let IA8 fly. Zhadsnark da Rippa has an at-initiative Power Klaw & allows taking bikers as troops. He's a great leader for a Speed Freakz army.

He disallows Walkers, but brings real fire when wrapped up in other bikers or Nob Bikers, plus a biker Painboy.

Trukk Boyz can't work unless they come in tremendous mass. If other players aren't faggots, they'll let you run FW stuff too, so you can loot up some Big Trakks with Supa Kannons to cover your biker advance.

Also, tons of Mek Gunz as backup--technically Zhadsnark disallows Big Gunz as well, but Mek Gunz =\= Big Gunz it's pedantic/rules lawyer as fuck, I guess, but anybody worth playing with at all will allow it, because you've already sandbagged yourself enough just playing Orks.

Militarum Tempestus as my main army. 2000pts so far. How doomed am I?

Warhammer 40K Conquest is better than the tabletop.
This makes me sad because it's audience isn't massive in my area.

How is that even possible? Needs 2 cads, the cheapest legal cad being spiritseer plus ten rangers, at 190 pts each. Isn't a wk like 300 pts? Is his army just 2 knights and twelve guys?

Nvm it would be 24 guys

Also I don't own a wraith knight so if I'm wrong on the cost, my apologies

Im in a tough situation.
Recently recovered from cancer, living with parents at the moment. My mom is incredibly paranoid and is thinking painting got/is gonna get me cancer again.
I use the GW acrylic paints and by accident sometimes lick the brush, but always cleans my mom. Ive show her so many sources online and she says "They say its fine because theyre trying to sell you it" and only trust from cancer-based websites.
Please, help me find some sort of proof for this. I just want to paint and play warhammer.

2500 in 30k is like 1500 at 40k. A 2500 marine army only has like 30 or 40 guys in it and I bet all his knights have AP3.

>lol I don't wanna buy expensive stuff I'll just buy plastic knight discount box

Maybe that's why they shit on you.

probably using windriders, 51pts for 3 jetbikes is a valid troops slot

pic related is likely what is being fielded, or some minor variant thereof

Just don't lick the brush, my friend, I don't think you can convince yo momma of anything else, if she is as much of a dum-dum as she sounds

Acrylic paints are non-toxic but many do actually have small amounts of carcinogens in them. I highly doubt your cancer will return, but if you're trying to prove to your mom that acrylic paints don't cause cancer, you're going to fail. Many ingredients for the colors such as cobalt minerals are actual carcinogens.

Also stop licking your brush that's disgusting. I don't know why so many painters do it. Just buy brush soap or use water/thinner to re-form the tip.

I'm pretty sure I read on 1D4Chan that homing beacon works for everything

Thanks for all the good advice though, this is a lot of good food for thought that wasn't just "grey Knights suck and must take massive amounts of allies"

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_solvent-induced_encephalopathy

This is the only thing that could happen to you with working with paints, and will only happen if you live in an air tight outhouse with your paints.

Get a doctor to tell her how ridiculous she's being.

Geez.... This is what makes me don't want to play 40k anymore. Its the game of "unofficial moral rules". Sure it was always somewhat of a "you can do this but don't that" kind of game, but it just seems more extreme now that players can actually do some really wicked combinations.

If there is a game where players have a hard time (and I really mean hard time!) to adjust to following the actual fucking rules, its 40k. Your supposed to give your opponent tactical tips. You're supposed to let anyone cheat 1/2" every once in a while. You're supposed to let people you play "re-do" shit they forgot, or adjust stuff they had already completed. This is all summarized in a "good sportsman" as far as 40k goes.
What you, on the other hand, CANT do is quote the rules to many times. You're a rule lawyering cunt if you point to the actual rule book and suggest players actually abide by the RAW. You think you can pick and chose from what ever you fancy? Well, not in this game you cant! You must understand and follow the un-written rules of your local meta. It gets even harder when you face of against random players as certain special occasional rules apply to this encounter. And it all just becomes a game of "you can pick that, but not this because then you're a fucking WAAC player and no one will play you... only letting you in on this secret because I'm such a good sport!" type of game.

Whoops. I forgot about windriders somehow. What a stupid list.

terribly. you won't be able to hold ground, no anti air, no psykers, limited range, ally tier. to your credit you'll have plenty of ap3, some fast units and deep strikers

stop doing dumb stuff user

Last thread I was told by some kindly anons that a GK+IQ force as a tribute to the days of olde could work.

I haven't played since 5th.

Starting at 1000 pts, would I want to go Librarian for HQ? I'm just not so hot on the idea of footslogging, which I assume is still bad.

I thought about a Brotherhood Champion because he can take a transport and is reasonably cheap, and also would mesh well with Inquisition Henchmen like Priests, Flagellants, Death Cults.

Am I on the right track?

grey knights work fine for a lot of things, however they are a small elite army, and the ONLY way I have had success playing a terminator heavy list against higher tier stuff (necron decurions, marines, eldar) is by abusing the shit out of superior psychic dice pool and giving as many squads invisibility from attached librarians/inquisitors as possible. its a shitty tactic but its one of the few ways to take enough strain off your invulnerables from all the grav/plas/distortion fire your small number of squads will attract.

Wait you can have two CADs?

Just use your Inquisitor as the HQ under 1000 and Draigo above 1250. GKs use their psykers to teleport around instead of footslogging. They can also deep strike onto the board.

Thanks man. You think a Vindicare or Eversor would be a good addition? I particularly love the Eversor.

>Wryyyyy

the game has changed user; you can have as many CADs/formations/allies/etc as the points allow

Most tournies limit you to 2. You can have as many detachments as you can fit for the points, including allies and formations, unless otherwise specified. A ten cad army is legal and counts as bound.

the only correct choice for GK hq is the librarian. full stop. he just brings so much more than any of the others for less, and mastery level 3 means you can choose some decent powers with a 50/50 of getting the specific ones you want/need, (see )

as for footslogging, its not as bad as it sounds, take a nemesis strike force detachment, deepstrike gets you most of the distance you want to go, then you can use the run/shoot benefit to get yourself into cover to weather the retaliation strike.

its also worth noting your entire army is exclusively close-range weapons and you're already paying a power weapon tax on every dude, so getting close and assaulting is actually something you'll want to do a lot of the time.

the only guys in my area who complain about buying on the cheap, dreadclaw conversions, and using the wrong mark armor for 30k are easily the biggest sperglords I've met. maybe it's an america thing, but I'm ok with being a more casual jew.

Unfortunately draigo is a LoW now so he can't be an HQ

stop brush licking that's gross

Can I get sauce on that list building program, looks pretty good.

They're pretty one-dimensional but I think they play pretty well. I bet your games are fun as hell.

Is $15 for five Mark VI tactical marines from Sylvia White worth?

So I've been trying to decide on a new army to start for awhile now. It's a difficult decision because I like so many of them.
Well, anyway, over the weekend I visited relatives in TN and discovered they have a FLGS. Surprising, considering how far out into the boonies they are. Long story short, 40k isn't popular in the area so they were selling their stock at 50% off.
I now have Space Marines, largely because they're the only thing they had on large numbers.

Now I just need to decide on a chapter.
In addition to what can be seen in this picture, I also have a Betrayal at Calth box.

Thoughts?

I'm currently at like 10+D6 dice for my psychic phase, people I play get pissed because it takes so long to use all my powers, what they don't realize is its my most important phase and without it I may as well forfeit

When it comes to grey Knights I would rather skip shooting/assault if I had to for a psychic phase

>also fuck the enemies single Psyker unit in their army trying to do anything without getting it denied

>>anybody worth playing
Nigga I play orks and I wouldn't let you get away with that shit. But way to deflect your blatant rules breaking trying to make the OTHER guy look like the cock for somehow pushing your wheelchaired ass down the stairs.

Garbage.

I want some dreadnoughts in drop pods for my tempestus scions (homibg beacons and hard points). What is the best way to get them?

I'd say GKs are one of the only armies left that can rely on assault (Khone daemonkin I'm looking at you)

The problem I've had with deep striking my army aggressively is that once they have a big turn of raping the opponent in the face they usually can't get around to cap objectives and stuff like bikes will literally drive circles around them, not to mention rolling a bunch of 1s and 2s on reserves

I found that having a couple fast moving units on the board already (NDK, interceptors, a rhino full of purifiers, and most unpopularly a LR) helps to negate the problem and give you a decently strong turn 1 even if The deep strike offensive goes belly up

My army most certainly likes going first and gutting armies in turn one so they even the odds when they are always outnumbered

The problem isn't being a Jew, it's that knights are so powerful and cheap.

1 Librarian, 2x5 Scouts, start spamming dreads

This just in

BaC units are getting reboxed for double the price and BaC is getting discontinued

Grab it while you can

Yeah..no psykers...or named characters....or relics...it is a bit depressing...
The games I have played typically tunr out to be pretty cinematic. Deepstrike behind a wraith knight with a command squad of 4 meltas felt pretty sweet. Then rolling up with 8 plasmas all twinked, pinning and dumping shots onto a ton of Wraithguard and fire dragons felt nice too. Fluffy games but still nice.

>I'd say GKs are one of the only armies left that can rely on assault (Khone daemonkin I'm looking at you)

KDK, SW, Necrons, Imperial Knights, and Daemons are all better than GK at assault.

Oh no we lost worst angels and chaos chosen and a hell brute

Take marine allies, a squad of scouts and the 50PT scout HQ, then throw a dread into a fast attack drop pop and volla

>Draigo can't be an HQ
Who the hell comes up with this stuff? Do GW think before they do things?

looks like you have the makings of an MSU battle company there, nice pickup.

for chapters, people will say a lot of things, but the correct answer is always "what makes you happy and/or has a color scheme you can stand to paint in large number"

look through the different styles of the major chapters, or find or create one with a paintscheme you really enjoy with an unknown progeitor and you can use whatever rules you like with them.

The scout HQ locks you into Ultramarines which is not only wasted on scouts but also gives no benefit to the dreadnoughts compared to other chapters. Just take a 65 point librarian instead.

Fuck I forgot about necrons and SW shoving their scythes/wolf cocks up my ass

Are standard daemons really that good in assault? I fuck them up pretty good, but I guess I am playing GKs

Not standard daemons, you have to be khorne/slaanesh or if you're Tzeentch you have to summon a SHIT LOAD of Daemonettes or Hounds. If you just do normal Daemons like Tzeentch or Nurgle you're going to be more casty than melee.

Welcome to 7th edition, where chapter masters and other elite characters cost as much as land raiders and are LoWs instead of HQ choices

Fuck I forgot he's ultramarines, I was just thinking of the absolute cheapest way to take marine allies, I should let more educated anons answer questions

and also the edition where the pleb guard sergeant sitting way over in the corner under piles of cover can be a warlord purely by virtue of being type (character)

>talking shit about Gabriel Seth

Say that to my face and not online heretic and see what happens.

All named chapter masters are LoW now. Calgar, Gabriel Seth, Draigo, Dante.

Fuck summoning armies, it sucks that that's what the new psychic phase encourages

I do like the time where I played a pretty novice tzeench daemon player who was just trying to fill the board with daemons but I just had so many GKs on the field and was getting lucky that I was actually denying more than half of the attempts, I out magic 'd the God of magic

Wow... Do people actually do that just to deny slay the warlord and assassinate?

Of all the carcinogens to worry about, acrylic paint shouldnt be high on the list. Point out a few things in your life that are identified contributors to cancer: animal fat found in dairy and red meat, sugar, etc.
Tell her to let you enjoy your life.

And I hope you are taking care of yourself. Your diet should be of the highest priority now. I strongly encourage you to explore alternatives to western medicine. Congrats on beating it user.

Seth is too busy trying to save his chapter of totally not vampires from destroying themselves to go after shit talkers

>but seriously I would not want to be in the same hive city as that tornado of rage and gore, that guy is pissed about something

Digging through my garage I found a box of Orks from Assault on Black Reach. I bought them when I was younger, it was purely out of hype. I never did end up painting them or playing them but now I feel the urge to get a proper waaagh going.

So I need to know from the Ork players out there, is it fun playing Orks? Does being defeated so much grind away at the amusement and lead to frustration? Should I hang up the choppas or try to make these fungus goons work?

If I should give it a go where would be a good place to start in terms of filling this army out?

I'll probably end up painting them up as a non-canon chapter; I've always enjoyed coming up with colour schemes and iconography.
But that's good advice.

>nice pickup
I thought so. I kind of regret not picking up the Tau (1 FW squad, 1 Pathfinder squad, 2 battlesuit squads, 1 broadside, 1 riptide), since it was technically enough to start an army, but I just hate the Riptide model and didn't want to build up the rest of an army.

But I think I made out alright.

>that guy is pissed about something

Eldar.

Eh Nurgle is more zerging with stealthed/shrouded units and forcing the entire board into a turn 2 combat. Numbers, durability, and poison.

sadly yes. the only guy at my local who does it gets a game maybe once a month out of either pity or because the person playing him doesn't know better yet.

his army is actually beautifully painted, shame he's such an asshole on the table.

not shrike or pedro cantor yet : ^ )

I would go with the Splitter camo from MGS3.