>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JuG7Y6wiPL8
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/44916529/#44923305
boards.fireden.net/tg/thread/47452483/#q47459115
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Fire in the Disco Edition
Funky Cops jump when?

is the jumpmaker for food fight around? I have questions 1.can you be an actual real-life product? 2. If you are no longer carried in the store but still in production and distribution overseas does that count as being discontinued?
3.does picking a real-life item count as an import? for "a perfectly good bag of chips"

Take a step back for a moment, realize what you are asking, and what it means. Are you really thinking about jumping Food Fight?

>Malefor is in his dark state, and while he is in control, he might not be forever
That's...incredibly interesting, actually. The Dark Aether seems to have a mind of it's own, even more so than something like the Dark Side from Star Wars. Actually, Spyro, this actually justifies that one drawback where he Malefor returns, but has pretty much lost his mind: the Dark Aether has overwhelmed him. It also justifies how he's weaker post-Jump, he's been knocked out of his Dark form.

What was your point here? You're still making yourself weaker for the sake of nothing more than immediate gratification. It's a trap.

What's a good fruit to import in Animal Crossing?

The fruit of the tree of might.

So in the Dresden Files, who are the options for Big Trouble parents? Lea, Cat Sith, and the Eldest Gruff, but are there any others?

Also, could you choose to be the child of, say, Lea, but buy Seelie magic? I assume you can't, but it's kind funny to me.

Spyro Had tossed me there, plus if you seen the stolen version rather than the Commercially available version it's not that horrible a movie.

Electric bananas

Go with Santa,trust me on this

Isn't that in dragon ball?

Wildcard said you have to take Job Offer with Big Trouble to be the child of someone with an actual Mantle.

That goblin king guy probably, I forgot his name

Erlking

What are some good low(ish) power/danger jumps that are good for early chain? Preferably not vacation jumps though.

youtube.com/watch?v=JuG7Y6wiPL8

He has a mantle. Summer King.

...the fact that boosting perks using Dormant Power makes you stronger in ways you would have never been able to achieve with just Dormant Power alone?

And that with just DP, a rockslide can apparently kill you. Whereas a super-angel/super-demon/a guy who's set his damage-negating barrier to defend against rocks can probably survive a rockslide.

>child of Lea but buy Seelie magic

Hmm. Not sure, but that it would. The ony example of something similar to that I recall involved one of Mab's daughters inheriting her sister's mantle upon her death, which made her the Lady of the Summer court. And that seems to be far beyond the degree of change regular Sidhe can do.

Any of the Naagloshii probably fit under that category. Skin walkers are no joke.

I would take Kringle or the Erlking, but I checked the archives and it's like said. And I can't afford everything I want AND Job Offer. If only I had 50 more CP.

Wuxia and Sims

Jumping Food Fight is perfectly acceptable as long as you make the right decision, user.

Because no world deserves to have an X over it more than that one.

Your customers won't be able to live... without Brand X.

Brand X. The Final Solution.

Huh. Could we pick one of these guys? They're real freaky characters.

I believe Erlking counts as wildfae actually? (or maybe even technically notionally winter, IIRC?)

Obligatory Harry Potter.
Kancolle
Ryanverse
Strike Witches with the SWQ drawback
Pretty sure there's a Gundam Build Fighters jump. (There's way too much HOT BLOODED to be a vacation)
Fast and Furious maybe.

>Strike Witches with the SWQ drawback
Why does that drawback lower the threat level?

Undertale
RWBY
Megaman
Sanic

Wild Card says you can be a Goodman Grey style Scion of one.
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/44916529/#44923305

It is makes the world a tad bit grimdark but since it changes things to WWII instead of fighting monsters the danger goes down.

Actually, I meant to ask, if you're. Changeling and don't take Un/Seelie Magic are you gimped to the point that all you get is illusions?

The Naagloshii aren't really fae though, are they? So not sure they'd be eligible?

>Ryanverse
Where is it?

Invader Zim's Irken background has some great perks. Jump also has a boredom nullifier, which is awesome.

Touhou is survivable as long as you play it right, and the available powers are really good. Time and Fate Manipulation in particular are really good safety nets for future jumps.

Symbiote is pretty much your standard Earth as long as you avoid the main action.

I mean, SW by default might be easy, I don't remember very much about the main series and I never paid any attention to the spinoffs.
In the SWQ universe though, witches are kind of bullshit.

Why would you want to be a Changeling? Don't Wizards have way more potential flexibility (and, ultimately, power)?

He's both Wyldfae and Summer King. The Kings aren't required to be part of the court.

Huh. I stand corrected.

>In the SWQ universe though, witches are kind of bullshit.
How so?

Yes.

Aren't most Changelings effectively Wyldfae?

>a super-angel/super-demon/a guy who's set his damage-negating barrier to defend against rocks can probably survive a rockslide.
Then get ganked by a determined human.

A Changeling belongs to the court of their fae parent.

It's in the WIP folder under "Ton Clancy's Jack Ryan-Rainbow Six". I thought it was a bit more done than it is, but it's still jumpable.

Scratch that idea then.

Great Detective and Sherlock Holmes

>Kancolle

What? Really?

>Kancolle
That sounds a little bit like a lie. . .

Well, they have bullshit sparkly magic for one, including shielding IIRC.
But more importantly, they're extremely small weapons platforms with stupidly high thrust-to-weight, omnidirectional thrust vectoring and the ability to fire at most any direction from their body.

Some of them are also crazy, so there's that.

For an Admiral or shipslut not named Kisiragi, yes. Probably.

What exactly is canon for Kancolle anyway?

Redwall
Neopets
Minecraft
Twilight
Scott Pilgrim

>Jump has a power I want for personal reasons
>it's probably completely evil, though

Send help.

>What exactly is canon for Kancolle anyway?
Depends on the ship, but the good girls have 16 inchers.

I found this. Wild Card says you can take a type of magic that doesn't match up with your Parent.

boards.fireden.net/tg/thread/47452483/#q47459115

>34)Spyro the Dragon
>Professor
>Beast Maker

>Harbinger of Magic
>Critical Analysis
>Mystical Engine
>Dr. Renaissance
>Grand Scheme of Things
>I Still Got It
>Quick Learner
>Little Rebel
>Dragon Crystals(Elusiveness) x5

>Sacred Charm

>From Beyond the Realms (Drop-In, Magic Crafter, Harbinger of Magic, Maniacal Laughter, Corruption Adept, Quick Learner, Dragon Crystals (Power) x 5)
Aradia, Kanaya, Porrim, Terezi, Vriska, Aranea, Feferi, Meenah

>Villain Magnet(Red)
>Crossover Panic
>Meta-catastrophe

Standard world saving procedures, gathering up the various Spyros and Crash the Bandicoots to save the universes. I owe it to Bass and Treble to upgrade them to have backup magitech power sources. Giffany too, because making the robots immune to instant magical annihilation sound useful. Then it's time to sit back, relax, research, and thwart Red's various plots.

Do it user. Join the Dark Side.

Go home /d/ you're drunk.

We have cookies.

This is lies, they had cookies, the only "cookies" they have left are gluten free.

But I mustn't!

What jump and power? Maybe someone could suggest an alternative, or compelling argument to go for it.

You're not wrong.

DO IT.
WE RESTOCKED!
It was Spyro's fault, anyway.

Come on user, the bad guys are cooler.
Search your feelings. You know it to be true.

basically it's Cannibal Nazis In miniskirts fighting Cronenberg horrors on the high seas,I wish I was making this up

A large chunk of my predictions on how things work turned out to be true.
They even now have an in setting explanation of how blue/spirit gems work. As well as upgrading using the "Aethercrest" which bares a striking resemblance to the menu/upgrade screens in the games.
Convexity/Aether being a source of metamagic, etc.

Should I give a jumper access to Dark Aether? Light Aether no problem. However it seems that balance is a key theme here. So perhaps make it a separate purchase with both sides being buyable. Also a general buff to strength of will perk. A creativity perk. And perhaps some changes based on the lore. And also perhaps a change to other perks. Keeping in line with lore only 3 elements total. But Aether might be an exception. It feels like it lies separate from the others enough to make it buyable even if you have the other 3 elements. It'll be combinable with the others acting more as an enhancer to your magic. Accessing both Dark and Light will grant you a whole host of drawbacks without points. But It'll be worth it right? Dark has the susceptible to corruption drawback. While light probably makes you needlessly light hearted and naive. Both Probably would get you the attention of both the ancestors and Malefor directly.

This is just off the top of my head however so this might not be the final idea. What do you think?

"Gank" is a bit of an exaggeration for what's still ostensibly a fairly hard series of battles. I honestly don't see what your point is here, the opportunity cost is whatever weird spirit juju lets a regular dude use regular fighting techniques to lay low angels and demons, in exchange for surpassing overall human limits before accounting for that specific spirit weirdness.

Mainly because of Multiple Choice, I'd assume. The exact details are unclear, but a fully fledged Fae's magic seems to be narrower but "deeper" metaphysically. The Wyld Hunt, for example, have much less trouble fucking up an army of Outsiders-one of which can hold their own against a room full of the world's most powerful wizards.

Warlock in WoW, a number of mind-control perks in various Jumps, the usual.

Can you two not bring this into the new thread?

Speaking of the Wild Hunt, I just remembered they can do stuff like transform a motorcycle in a demonic puma that can run over water. Wonder if you can do shit like that if you have the Erlking or Santa as a patron?

Not a shitstorm, still perfect fodder for conversation.

My point is that you are explicitly said to be superior if you do NOT use Dormant Power. You're sacrificing power for immediate gain, but that gain will be less than what you can eventually achieve. This is what makes it a trap.

And none of the secret or ultimate bosses in SMT are level 77. They're in the 80's at the very least.

I'd say both should be offered, and each require a drawback. Like you said, Light Aether is naive and kind, while Dark Aether is corrupted. I'd also say that for the latter, there's also a problem with keeping control. Given how having both is incredibly powerful, I'd agree with your idea of the Ancestors and Malefor immediately giving you their direct attention.
All in all, everything you said sounds reasonable, and also perhaps put a cap on the power they can gain till post-Spark, given that the source seems to take the whole "Cosmic Power" thing fairly literally.

So I might maybe have used Ungodly Soul from SotC to consume All The World's Evil in Fate. Now I'm the living incarnation of humanity's evil.

What do I do about this? What does this mean?

Quick question:

Raise dead and other such spells from D&D don't work on sentient/sapient undead from what I remember. If that's the case, is there any way to bring back a sapient undead that has been destroyed / rekilled?

Be fair now, the Wild Hunt had an army of superhuman monsters that were physically attacking things that could be physically attacked. The Wizards were facing a mistfiend with magic.

For X-Men movies Jump, can someone give me more examples for max point drawback version of Morlock?

Im taking omega level weather manipulation for reference

Mists shall herald my approach! And I might look like Orlok, I havent decided yet. I want to be something that walked out of a silent horror film.

The only two I can think of that might work, might mind you, are Wish / Miracle and True Resurrection. Even then it'd be kinda sketchy. Bringing undead back isn't something I've ever seen a ton of, as most splat books treat them as either monsters or fodder. They're mostly interchangeable with any others of their type.

Do you have perks for becoming a shadow? I seem to recall Orlok could do that, though I might be thinking of someone else. Aside from that, JoJo and Hellsing Vampires are the best vampires for the horror aspect.

well, there is a spell somewhere for that, you might find it in either the spell compendium or in the Libris Mortis if you have access to those. Don't recall the name, but there is definitely spells for restoring dead undead to unlife. Dead undead can be raised back to life with raise dead and the like though.(which I take it is not your intent.)

Go any healing class in WoW. Their resurrect spells regularly work on Undead.

Sorry I should be more specific: I already have means of looking/being a silent horror film

But I want to take the Morlock drawback for points and I cant think of a reasonable effect. The example they give is basically 'you mutation is physical and makes your life difficult like that you are a 1000 pound blob.'

Im just failing to think of something thematically appropriate for weather manipulation

Fuck, how did I not immediately think of that. That is unbelievably obvious.

Thanks, user.

>Libris Mortis
I'll give this a look as well.

I don't think The Wild Hunt is actually something that is an inherent part of their power. It's a natural phenomena that they just like to take part in. Anyone that is strong enough can challenge to take control of the hunt. It's just that those two are powerful enough to normally be in charge. Though how a hunt is instigated was never really explained. The Erlking is summer aligned (loosely) and Santa is winter so it may be possible if you are strong enough and have a chaotic alignment.

Calm down, we're just talking about a jump.

I think my point of contention lies in the fact that if gameplay mechanics are taken to represent setting feats, by the same token "what you can eventually achieve" still comes with very explicit limitations on your actual capabilities-namely the fact your regular attacks don't suddenly turn into mountain-levelling blasts or such, so you seemingly still need to actually fight the things the old-fashioned way to make use of your powerlevel. And death by rockslide seems really telling of just how many human weaknesses are retained.

I'm not saying you're wrong in terms of "raw spiritual power", in the context of an otherwise normal human fighter from SMT "raw spiritual power" isn't as relevant as being able to access certain special defence-breaching attacks-which the boosts do grant easier access to. So from the perspective of someone taking SMT as a standalone jump it is a much better option for surviving its' events.

Not to mention that there's absolutely nothing stopping you from whittling down someone with a higher level than you (just ask the protag!) save what they can Null or Reflect.

I was under the impression a) it was primarily the effect of the Hunt as a whole's collective power but it's not clear and if it was one or the other I'd say b) it'd be much more likely that it was Erlking's power doing that. Santa's speciality is time shifting, after all.

Fair point, but it doesn't change the fact that Winter's forces at the Outer Gates have gone toe to toe with the Outsiders many times over when the majority of wizards run from them.

I was also about to bring up Sharkface/He-Who-Walks-Before but I have to admit he generally kicked ass unless he got in a fight with Harry, at which point everything tends to go wrong for him.

Well, aside from mists, storms were associated with vampires I think. So perhaps whenever Orlok Jumper comes into town, that area is affected by rain storms or something like that?

Yet these attacks you vaunt can't even kill those humans.

Revive Undead in the spell compendium it is also in libris mortis

No, you can't resurrect a vampire, and you can't animate a destroyed vampire, but you can resurrect a destroyed vampire into a human* just fine.

While we are loosely on the topic of Dresden does anyone know of a way to prevent constructs, machines, or summons from being possessed? I took the trilogy drawback and want to throw down with a Golem army, but the Outsider's whole possession and ability to give things free will is making that seem like a bad idea. Giving them an army of jumper made metal shells to inhabit would be pretty bad.

Someone suggested giving them freewill and using social engineering to convinve them to fight for me but that would make them count as companions and I don't have room to take them with me. Leaving behind an army of golems to do as they please seems irresponsible.

not quite correct.

Thanks. I'll be sure to note this stuff down for future reference. I'll have to go now since I have work in literally 10 minutes. But hey keep tossing me ideas and suggestions if you guys have any.

Be fair-SMT player characters are ridiculous super stronk and special compared to regular humans; their friends are often also as well, or belong to organizations specifically dedicated to hunting demons. If they weren't it would be the demons screaming and running in fear from humanity, not the other way around.

Yeah, and that's what you get if you don't use the perk. See the issue?

"Not affected by raise dead and reincarnate spells or abilities. Resurrection and true resurrection can affect undead creatures. These spells turn undead creatures back into the living creatures they were before becoming undead."

It's a good thing I was talking about general resurrection then, though to be fair I miss read the original question and though he was asking if destroyed undead were completely inert.

Dormant Power gives you the potential of the PCs. You don't get it without it. From there, you have a choice—swap some of that potential for upfront power, or leave it as is for more potential. That's a choice, and you aren't forced to take it.

Well eventually you'll end up on one side of the fence or the other due to these sorts of dilemmas.

I went for fun evil.

Even if you do go evil you don't have to be evil all the time. You can even still pretty easily do more good than harm with an entirely evil powerset in a lot of settings.

Innistrad had a pretty big one of these for me, pretty clear that the Angel/Church background is the easiest to do a lot of good with but the Vampire stuff is so much more fun.

And using it in that way is a trap.

It's not a trap you demented fucknigger. If you boost a capstone, you're stronger than you would be if you just had dormant power and trained. You can choose to forgo that boost and become even stronger, while losing out on special abilities granted by the boosted version.

Dormant Power

Actually you only need to be worried for summons. That ability you're talking about is based on a disembodied...thing, called Nemesis that's sort of like a sentient Reaper indoctrination field. It works by taking something or someone that's ALREADY sentient and giving them some leeway to going against their own nature. The Outsiders have yet to demonstrate any capability to possess constructs or machines-in fact Demonreach, which is essentially an EXTREMELY high level construct, is one of the few things that can seemingly withstand an entire army of them while simultaneously being pummeled by two Sidhe Ladies and a dozen each of their best minions. And Mab implied Demonreach was holding back by thanking it for allowing her to arrive and give judgement when Harry summoned her.

If anything free will would probably make golems MORE vulnerable to them. As for the rest, the Ring of Pacts perk from Final Fantasy 12: Revenant Wings enables summons to pass abilities between each other, so if you mix your regulars with some specific summons that have possession-negation abilites that could help. Guardian Angel from Supernatural also enables you to prevent any harm you can see coming, and the Enochian sigils can be inscribed on surfaces to prevent angels or demons from possessing them-which may or may not work against other kinds of things triying to possess them. I think the Lore of Light from Warhammer Fantasy i.e. Dogs of War is also good for AoE effects that effectively do that, and the entire Student Meister perk tree from Soul Eater's handy for counter-corruptive effects.

Revive Undead, is a spell that restores dead undead to their formerly undead state(unless killed by turning). It's basically raise dead for the undead.