Is there any situation in which a person other than the God of Abraham could kill Caine?

Is there any situation in which a person other than the God of Abraham could kill Caine?

Shiki and Shiki likely could although Shiki's head could explode if he looked at Caine and the dots were too alien, Shiki should have no problem with this however, expecially if She is in Void Shiki mode.

Medea with rule breaker could outright break his curse is suppose which would have some interesting drawbacks. archer and shirou could likely do the same also. that said Sucking him into a reality marble would outright stop God from interfering, though killing caine is still not easy by any means.

There are likely a few others from typemoon how have a shot at slaying cain aswell

An asshole with a knife and magic eyes

In some settings, probably.
off the top of my head

spoopy eldritch with strange eons even death my die stuff, present in many settings

a whole menagerie of weabshit, first thing that comes to mind is saitama

Anything in fiction with poorly defined yet overwhelming power, whose purpose to the plot is to be unkillable.

Matbe not "kill", but...

Caine could probably kill Caine.

Shit. I meant within WoD. Sorry for not being clear on that point.

Nope, one of the stipulations of his curse was that he was marked so no one else can kill him.

So killing Cain isn't as simple as beating him, you have to get the God of Abraham to let you do it.

Honestly the Battle Tendency method of launching him into space to freeze and remain aware until he "stops thinking" is probably the best method.

Technocracy probably have a portal gun capable of doing that, Virtual Adepts might be able to trap him on a specially formatted section of the virtual web.

Yes, his great great great great great grandson could mistake him for a beast and shoot him with an arrow.

So we need to find a way to get to an alternate universe and steal their Caine to fight our Caine? Would alternate universe Caine trigger Gehenna in our universe if we brought him, or is it only our Caine that does that? And do they kill each other, or is there still a Caine left?

This is some looney toons level shit and I fucking love it.

There's a level of the Protean discipline in Vampire 20th anniversary dark ages that literally say you cannot die. It's called Draught of the Phoenix Blood. You don't need rolls or anything you just die then a number of night equal to your generation later you rise again fresh faced like nothing happened. Since Cain is the first Kindred we can safely assume he picked this up at some point. SO even if you could kill the fucker I doubt it matters.

BLESS OUR MOTHER EARTH!

Raziel tried, turns out that the Heart of Darkness is a hell of a drug when you need it to live for literal millenia

Funny Valentine, this isn't even your universe! Go back to America, Mr. President.

Maybe if Able had a character sheet for Wraith.

If God killed Caine, would God die?

Kinda off topic, but how powerful would Dio be in the WoD universe?

Dogma situation where gott contradicts himself and it destroys reality. The Final Nights were just the lead-up to Caine being forgiven.

Most likely gen 4-5

According to Gehenna, it's not really that ridiculous to kill Caine. He is very powerful, but would get his ass stomped in by a bunch of mages, by Lilith, and by the high-level endgame party of PCs who are supposed to kill him in that scenario.

Killing Caine is not the problem - the problem is that God's curse on Caine will kill whoever killed him, straight up, no save, don't pass Go, you're in a fucking grave kiddo. That's a dilemma raised in one of the Gehenna scenarios, and I think you're supposed to trick some dumbass into getting the final blow so it triggers on him.

In any case, Caine is not even at the power level of a level 20 wizard in D&D, let alone utterly unkillable.

>trick someone into last blow
>not sacrificing self to gain redemption in gehenna
>kindredwhatareyoudoing.jpg

Kind of surprising that both the first posts were fucking tsukihime related. I don't remember the Ciel ending's very well, but didn't his power not work on Arc perfectly? I imagine having god backing you up would lead to a similar case even if Cain's curse didn't work for some reason (I mean I just assume he could 'kill the curse' if he thought to do it)

Dude immortality is a sweet gig

To expand on it, wasn't it basically just that all damage dealt to him was returned 7 fold with no save or whatever? I wonder if Wiley Coyote style stunts would still bring damage back.

From what I remember Shiki did successfully kill Arc. It's just that she didn't stay dead because of her connection to Gaia, which allowed her to make a completely new body at the cost of most of her remaining power.

Use a Caine from a parallel universe where killing him would give you seven times the blessings that God had given him. When our Caine kills their Caine, their curses/blessings would cancel each other out.

No, no. You're looking at this wrong.

We don't get a Caine from another universe. Then we'd end up with a high risk of having which ever Caine was stronger running around in our backyard.

What we do, is find another universe, and then we convince them that it's a good idea to kill their Caine by taking our Caine, and locking the portal behind their asses. Then, no matter the outcome on their end, our Caine isn't a problem anymore.

All we gotta do, is find a universe where everybody is dumb enough that we can talk them into accepting an unholy demi-god that could very well trigger their apocalypse scenario.

>Throw Caine into the sun
>Sun inflicts one lethal of damage on Caine
>Caine inflicts seven lethals of damage on the sun, via god.

I don't know anything of Cain in particular besides that he's the first vamp and him coming back means Gehenna. I'm familiar with Vampire: The Requiem, and I've played the Bloodlines game.

Could Cain be disabled, but not killed? Could we put him in a brick of cement and launched into space?

Cain is not going to let you put him in a brick of cement and launch him into space. Also, I'm pretty sure his Protean mastery means he just phases out of that cement.

Basically it comes down to the fact that killing Cain is not impossible, it's just very costly, because whoever hurts Cain gets hurt seven times as much by God, and whoever kills Cain gets killed himself. There are a billion and one ways to get it done, and a lot of them are pretty workable even with limited resources and power, but then, that's why Cain (and vampiric society more broadly) is in hiding - he's a son of a bitch to take down but it's certainly doable.

>and whoever kills Cain gets killed himself.

specifically, gets killed 7 times.

So a catgirl with 8 or more lives left could do it and survive. Just hurt a lot.

What if Cain killed himself? And I don't mean an alternate Cain, I mean our timeline's original Cain, killed himself. How would that work out?

He's perfectly able to do so. I think one of the suggested outcomes of meeting him in one of the Gehenna scenarios is convincing him to kill himself. I'm pretty sure that's also what redeems him in God's eyes (though in WoD God is effectively dead by that point).

Type-Moon power levels are the fantasy equivalent of The Forever War. It's ridiculous bullshit. A level 30 D&D wizman is super average compared to, say, Shiki (Void), Wizard Marshall Zelretch or an ORT-brand ORT.

Depends on the source. Some say Lamech.

God's not dead just pissed off, said fuck it before giving all the finger and leaving cause.
1.Cain

2. half of afterlife was taken over.(god smiled before leaving and the joke was epic)

and last but not least

3.demons fucked up the plan and made humans awaken making the world into shit.

>Handle Animal
>Skill Focus Handle Animal
Wasn't Cain farmer? Abel was the herder.

Yeah, of course he might have picked it up later.

Of course, it being swapped with smithing would probably make more sense.

No way Dio is anything lower than 3rd gen

Probably. The problem is in making sure it sticks. HE LIVES IN DEATH

Pillarmen were at least gen 4 because of the crazy powers they possessed through vampirism. If you took away [The World] Dio would just be a particularly lucky gen 5.

Jesus could kill Caine

In Storyteller? No he literally wins those are the rules.
In other settings? Your mileage may vary.

We are talking about Cain not Kane, go back to blowing up dirt farmers in Africa.

Yes, DM handwaving.

Suddenly caine is getting rekt by a kitten.

The World and time stop in general are pretty broken powers.

So what killing Caine just ends everything?

Pretty sure God just brings him back to life.

And fucking kills you.

And sends you to hell.

I mean this is capital G God.

True that, senpai. God always did seem like the kind of assbandit that would do that.

>[Intelligence] You're an abomination of supernature and need to die.

One and done.

Killing Caine makes every vampire die immediately, including Antediluvians. The scenario where you kill him in Gehenna is one where humanity doesn't even notice, and IIRC one of the Mage endgame plots says vampires just vanished one day so in that sense it's possibly a prelude to humanity's Ascension/apotheosis.

Seems like I really ought to read up on the stuff