Working on a starwars rp

>Working on a starwars rp
>have just the bare bones of a concept/story.

any advice on a system or any good ideas to toss in?

Make it about star fighter pilots. Ace Combat/Macross: Star Wars edition.

I've had the best luck with FFG's Star Wars systems. If your campaign is going to be more adventurous, go with Edge of the Empire. If more military, go with Age of Rebellion. If more mystical and focused on the Force, go with Fate and Destiny.

So how bare bones are we talking?

Rip off the shitty parts of the EU (that are no longer canon) and try to make them better.
Such as including Trioculus and Triclops, who both are three-eyed mutants.

Are you me? I've been wanting to see Ace Combat: Star Wars for years. You can create the craziest super weapons in history and everyone will just say 'yeah, that sounds like something the Empire would make.'

One idea I was always vaguely interested was the concept of complete Jedi domination. Make it so Order is harshly enforced, and their ideals are spread around to 'maintain balance'. In a way, they are as oppressive as the Sith, but in their own way. The plot could be that the players (if all are non-force sensitive) could be attempting to bring back the Sith, to balance out the Jedi and knock away the forceful regime.

If the party is ALL force power users, make it so something is hunting force users. For the first time, Jedi AND Sith numbers are so few, there are rumors they are even extinct, along with their secret is the bounty hunters have been ordered by a very wealthy person to erase all force users. This wealthy person is a force user himself, whom wants to lead a new era where HE is in control, as he is the only one with any real force control.

my idea is that the sith have broken into three groups and all are struggling for power, you get to choose witch one to support and fight for. Group 1 is basicallyt a group of merenaries the use the darkside
group 2 claim to be the remnants of the sith before the empire and they foresaw it happening and its destruction, thats why they didnt get involved
and group 3 is pretty much sith nazi's

>sith nazis
I've rarely seen a more redundant statement

I really dig that idea,deffinantly gonna use the hunting of force sensitive people as a plot device

I mean supper oppressive but in a systematic way, less force based

A rag-tag team of bounty hunters, of varying origins and skills, who've come together as a crew to tackle the galaxy's strongest, smartest, and sometimes strangest bounties.

At least, that's my ideal campaign. I could go for hours mapping out various marks for a group to chase, how they connect to things, and how the bigger marks tie into the overall story of the game.

To bust out some D&D parlance we're all likely familiar with, Sith have always been strongly Chaotic, mostly Chaotic Evil in the films but sometimes more Chaotic Neutral in some media. The Nazis, on the other hand, are the archetype of Lawful Evil.

Note that while the Empire was certainly LE (at least, the parts we see in the films are), the Emperor was personally more CE. An entire group of force-using Sith with the same level of organization and control and heirarchy would diverge pretty far from established tone for the baddies.

Edge of the Empire is the worst setting of the three by far, but has the most support. Obligation is a chore compared to duty or morality. If you use FFG Star Wars I suggest not using force powers, and just swap obligation for duty or ignore it entirely.

That Guy preparations:

if the party has any force power users, grant a means of resistance against force suggestion ("these aren't the droids you're looking for") or risk the whole thing becoming a hideous magical realm.

Sinestro?

>Obligation is a chore
I haven't played any of them, so I may be wrong, but isn't that the point? That whole "a death mark's not an easy thing to live with" thing?

Yandere/Tsundere Sith QT chasing down one of the party members.

Hrm.

So imagine, no matter how few options you take at character gen, you still get saddled with something that draws heavy on your soul to the point it effects combat characters to a huge degree and support characters to a degree as well.

Now imagine that by the book, unless a gm is using an optional rule, you role what is causing this. Even if you pick, your backstory is connected to the same plot points and one can even add penalty dice for not spending all of your character time focusing on it.

Add on to this the default for threat in combat is giving strain, you can see a wookie go down in melee combat to a goon with a stun pistol on the first hit because he rolled doubles on a mandatory obligation due to the gms stacking.

Oh and do not forget, they want you to stagger credits because everything but services are cheap as shit anywhere near the core and weapons cost next to nothing, so to pay for ship damage, stim packs and armor that can cost as much as a space ship you must take on more obligation.

At the very bitter end, obligation takes away the ability to spend xp once it reaches 100. So, you get 6 guys to play and you have to come up with some reason 5 games in to lower someones obligation so the players do not bolt.

I'd really like to play a Star Wars game one day. What system would do playing as an Astromech droid the best?

1. Group 1 were Dark Jedi broken by war and now claim to be Sith to fight the hypocrisy of the Jedi Order. They have a few Sith holocrons stolen from the Order and relied on their teachings.

2. Group 2 in actual fact were losers in a Sith Dynastic struggle and forced to leave Korriban before their tribe was massacred. They follow the oldest teachings and generally have more esoteric powers long thought lost after the Great Hyperspace Wars.

3. Group 3 is the big bad. The organized followers of Vitiate/Palpatine who secluded themselves after the fall of their respective Empires, they're the ones with the Stormtroopers and the massive fleets to pose a threat to the fledgling Alliance/Republic.

Use the free StarORE.

It doesn't look like much. But if you're building your own, ORE is the best you can find.

Pros:

Classic RPG structure unlike Fate (which I would totally use for less gritty space opera)

Very fast, dare I say fastest

Very flexible and easy to balance

Can do things you didn't even know you wanted, like relationships as dice (Monsters and Other Childish Things), moral stats (Dirty World), or have another player do the Dark Side (Better Angels)

I'd be especially interested in combining UA's Madness Meter found in the free Nemesis with Jedi/Sith skills.

Tsundere villainess are alway Top-tier

>I didn't read the fucking rules
You pick your fucking Obligation at chargen, you dumb fuck.
Wookiees are shit at taking strain damage anyway, their starting willpower is balls, having their strain threshold at -2 isn't that big a fucking deal when it's already shit.

>to pay for ship damage, stimpacks and armour you must take on more obligation
Or, you know, take on jobs and fucking save and budget for it. The entire point of EotE is nothing in the galaxy comes for free.

>you lose the ability to spend XP once your obligation total reaches 100
What the fuck did you do to hit 100 obligation? And why the fuck are you running for six goddamn players? That's my upper limit for FFG Star Wars.
Nevertheless, you fucked up if you hit that level of obligation, and you should fix things as soon as possible. Quit crying that you gotta have "like five sessions" lowering them, you have collectively reached Jabba wanting you as a fucking wall ornament levels of problems.

My DM is making a star wars campaign as well

>ctrl-f
>"glove of darth vader"
>No hits

Step up sempai.

The original Star Wars d6 had rules for making a R2 PC that was basically just "here's 18 d6, add as many cool shit as you want, but leave some for your stats"

The force only flows through force sensitives. Each time one of them dies, the remainder get stronger. The deeper the connection a user has with the force, the stronger they become, light siders get little increase from dark sider deaths and vice versa.

No one really noticed this since there were so many force users. No one except one Sith. Years later, the Sith are in ruin, Darth Reapara is public enemy number one, capable of decimating cities, flying and no longer needing food or air.

The players must now convince the remainder of the Jedi to enter in to a last battle or commit ritual suicide so their strength Passes to the others. Or, if they fall to the dark side, do as Reapara did, kill all force sensitives until they are strong enough to face him solo.