The Official MTG Snowstorm/Lore Thread

Welcome to the MTG flake/lore thread!

Previously: Flakepoint was discussed, Gideon has some impressive "charisma," spider mom lives in an octohedron. Innistrad's last hope is garbage. Lots of other stuff too, but idk.

Previous thread: Writefagging last time: Probably somewhere. I'm too lazy, kids.

REMINDER:

If you want ANYTHING to go in the repo, just summon me. Otherwise I will only put writefagging and sheets in the repo.

Also, I added the blank template to the ALL FLAKESHEETS folder.

To summon me simply say
>OP OP, I SUMMON THEE. PLACE THIS FILE IN THE REPOSITORY.
And I will do nothing because I don't have access to it.

>Current Repository

drive.google.com/open?id=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUDZRVGVfQ1BDbm8

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Dw4WAhyi1uY
mtgsalvation.gamepedia.com/Planeswalker_War
twitter.com/maro254/status/750374696940548096
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'm also going to be uploading the blank templates, just have to wait out the timers.

So uh it was new, maybe I should put it here too. I will get around coloring the image, i promise!

>Liliana cucks the life out of Gideon
>creates Zombiecuck army to defeat emmy

psst

I know, I just like jokily writing her as this ageless ideal of beauty that acts super dirty to be funny. if you want me to change it I can, it's no big deal

Serena is completely clueless about sex, then again I'm open to her body being played for jokes. There IS that story where she titfucks someone so hard their spark ignites....

Naahhh it's all good. I imagine she'd get a kick out of messing with people every now and then.

"He was paying so little attention to his surroundings that he didn’t see the trio of planeswalkers who were coming his way, and apparently so invested in their conversation were they that neither party took notice of the other. The resulting collision created the entire plane of Naya, and populated it with angry Greco-Roman Cathars and lion angels."

quick, guess which four flakes are interacting now

Diomedes, The Cathar, Serena and Nishal?

Could you please? I would like opinions not related to her tits.

Gaia! Write Bill & Æon's Excillent Adventure. Have the unlikely duo fix everything.

Shit nigga, I'm sorry. I didn't even notice. Sure, I'll give her a lookover on my lunch break (soon).

I'll leave that one to you and Will-user.

I can't read it all right now, but I plan on it. I only have time for short posts here and there. Is she blind?

The Simic are having a rough time of it.

Yup, phyrexian oil straight to the eyes.
I will give it to you, this one made me chuckle.

I really like the BUG (hehe) combo being used that way, instead of the Sultai interpretation. Is the end goal of her research immortality? Also, it's really neat to see the random-card-walker challenge pump out a quality flake.

>I only have time for shitposts here and there.
ftfy

I try.

I try.

>will shouldn't be able to travel through time since he's not silver
Oh, a silver time pod!

Didn't Teferi time travel? Or am I just high right now?

And yet, we have the Tarkir block.

I am not sure it works like that. Kharn had to literally make himself of pure silver again to time travel and it was incredibly difficult for him anyway.
Who cares, fucking simics.
It is less immortality and more... oldwalkerness, now that i think about it. Or eldraziness. Basically existing outside of the contingency of life.

Technically yes. He phased himself, Tolarian Academy, and an island and a half out and then made it reappear in the future. No time had passed for them.

>an island and a half
that sentence keeps really fucking bugging me. Is it ever acknowledged that it's only HALF a fucking island?
>"Well we got the main island, and half of that one. No big, we got the important side with the nice mountain."

That's pretty dead on. And yes, they only acknowledge it briefly when they realize everything that just phased out is gone.

It is not time travel tho, it is removin them from time. A stasis. Teferi himself admits that he is not able to time travel in planar chaos.
Because not even wotc knows their own canon.

Maybe the Mending made time travel possible without silver? Or something? And that's why the canon is inconsistent?

You don't believe it as much as i do not. And i don't remember it being mentioned anywya.

>that double-negative

>that is not my first language
>that being so anal
Thanks really. Don't you have lakes to take photos of, maybe upside down?

I like it. She seems like she could make for some great writing material. I would like to see how her and Des' goblin queen would act around eachother.

What a thirsty looking slut.

Still, leaving one designated time. Appearing at a future date. And no time having passed for you. That to me is traveling through time. Time travel is more of a perception of the ability rather than how the ability achieves time travel.

And I really need to see Intersteller. Still haven't watched it yet.

Thank you based plague lord

I know that smut user is writing a story with her, but, hear hear, non lewd. Pretty hyped.
Thanks honey.

Also, I think that time travel isn't only one method. I believe there are endless possibilities to achieve traveling through time.

Yes but it is only going forward, and i don't think Teferi could have pulled it off on such a big scale without oldwalker powers.

Very true. But, I believe that is time travel is true irl that it's only capable of future travel. I believe that past travel isn't possible because if you go back and change something, you are eliminating the need for yourself to go back and change said thing, and thus you never actually went back and changed it.

Now, the interesting part of this theory is what happens to a person if they try to travel to the past and change it? I like to believe the moment you try, you fade away from existence.

* believe that if time travel is possible irl
Correction.

Gaia! Are you still about?

Missed out on the Flakepoint discussion, but here's my thoughts on au versions of my flakes
>Veldren
Had he not been thrown into the volcano, he would've stayed in his island home, learning more of the natural magic of his home plane and he probably would have learned how to fly instead of using his wings as makeshift danger science shields during his time as an Izzet "scientist"
>Frances
Had he never been threatened or marked for death, he would've been a UW mage, keeping records and teaching others how to write notes on political intrigue without being killed.
>Belloski
Would've been a mono-black lifestealing monster a la Bolas. Turning point? Never deciding to turn into a dragon, since that infused him with a desire for material things to fit the look, and the Mending humbled him enough to not backstab every planeswalker he meets with bad deals.

>Flakepoint
Excellent name for it.
>Leon
Had he not been targeted by rebels, they might have struck somewhere else, growing bolder and bolder until they had assassinated his father and older siblings. When Leon took the throne, he would not tolerate rebellion in 'his' empire. Would have maybe gone Mardu with all the black shit he did to maintain control over a failing Empire.

Will-user here, so flakepoint?

Read the chain of conversations starting here.Writefagging time, based timelord.

Sadly, Serena's ignition is kind of set in stone. Unless she was distant from Avacyn and was not overly upset over her death, in which case she'd just be a supremely angry angel, possibly B/R?

Unless I missed the point and it was that we no longer had sparks, in which case that universes Serena would be another tentacled monstrosity without her spark to shield her from Emrakul's influence.

Dunno, I don't think time travel can be achieved. And anyway, I don't care if a flake timewalks as long as it is cool...
So you better make it cool.

Time travel does exist irl. We're all time travelers, it's just that we go forward in time 1 second per second, so we never realize it.

Interesting. Wouldn't want Will to be any closer to a main character except massive a villain the altered heroes try to stop. I figure it woukd end with an alliance of flakes teaming up to revert his flake point and thus set up our permanently retconned flakes.

Or maybe he wants to simply let things be because this way his Wife is happy and he has their kids, having learned his lesson. Now flakes must convince or force him to change things back

Will really needs to stop fucking with the timeline

I've been stuck on this part for like five minutes

“Nishal, this is fantastic!” She exclaimed, hugging the leonin around the middle of his mass and resting her head on his chest. “Oh, I missed dancing. On Esper there would be a dance every week, and we would attend them all.” She felt his arms circle her, resting gently on her back. His paws, massive as they were, took up the entirety of the small of her back. She liked the feel of it, for once not pushing the voice in the back of her mind down. She continued telling him all about her home on Esper, leaning into him as he started to rock back and forth.

will user, it's angerfish, what;s your steam?

Angerfish it's metalcat, what's your steam?

Do I have you? I could just pair you up so you don't have to post shit on Veeky Forums?

I sent you an invite forever ago, but I don't know if you accepted it. I'll resend it right now

What's to be stuck on? It's sappy, but that's inevitable in romance.

Gaia. Did you see Sock?

Who?

I was listening to shitty indie music and a song came on while I was writing it and I couldn't get past the imagery. Also, I changed the wording to "sway side to side" at the end because it sounded gentler, next I'm writing Iosha realising what she's doing and a)freaks out and leads to a later thing with more sap or b)goes with it and does the sap now.

Do.AaAaAa

And have I told you that the image I got of them from reading that excerpt was pretty much beauty and the beast? But the beauty is spunky and the beast is a gentleman? And both of them are awkward as hell?

that was p much the image in my head, lol
but yeah, beauty has a pixie(I think that's what it's called?) cut and beast has 0 idea how high society works. They're both gonna be awks as shit about everything though, that's for sure.

Wat?

Yesssss. Adorable. Right up there with Symon and Anna.

try those replies again

>Probably somewhere, I'm too lazy kids

I worked very hard on my Freedom Day story! What an outrage!

ain't I just the worst

Fuck.

Hey. The second half of Was meant for you.

So who is in for flakepoint where we can retcon our own problematic flakes?

I'm already retconning the Tolkien out of Gaia and pretending like it never happened. Eöl is providing a fun challenge.

I guess I'm doing a bit of retcon, since I'm changing around how the ship works. Change Iosha's backstory so she only understands how Aether works after she's already travelled through it or something, idk.

Rakkor could go through it, not sure how he'd change though. Maybe become a bigger dick, or sacrifice his alternate self since it'd be White because of Angels instead of Vampires background.

I actually cant retcon Messenger so I will just not take part of it I guess.

I might do a thing where Iosha and Nishal meet the Timeshifted versions of themselves, which would be neat.

Mine do not need retcon since they are lore abiding... actually, none does need it imho.

I don't know if any of mine are problems. I'll post them once I get home

Welp. This is going to be funny as fuck.

How is that green, even? Other than the flavor text.

What the fuck?

it's board control through combat. It's a pretty green thing to do.

It's a callback to Essence of the Wild.

youtu.be/Dw4WAhyi1uY

Huh... Neat.

How are the Theros gods related? Afaik, Erebos and Heliod are brothers? Obviously Mogis and Iroas are twins, but what about everyone else? Are Pharika and Erebos related? They seem like they would.

I do not think they are actually related.

Gaia, what about that war that pulled you away before starting your plane plan?

Hrm. Alright.

What?

I mean, yes, that war existed, but what about it?

Can you give details?

Truth be told, I left it intentionally ambiguous.

But vaguely, I'd imagined she had formed an alliance long ago between other oldwalkers. And during the time she was married to Will, something happened, and she had to make good on that alliance.

Do you have any ideas for it? Chronologically, it would've taken place about 900ish years before the current magic story line.

>not shoving your allies into closets when they come to you for help.
Step it up senpai

I don't push peeps in the closet.
I make them
come
out

I realized, retrospectively, that SOI was already pulling that alliance bs, and sucking at it. But seriously tho, I imagined a war was being fought, not resealing lelCthulu. Maybe an oldwalker war? That sounds thoroughly terrifying and worth attention.

Imagine going to war with basically the multiverse. Planes burn, horror from beyond sanity unleashed fueled by mana pyres of the dying sacrifices, and all the extremes of every color invoked. Imagine seeing the greatest beauties deformed into unspeakable terrors of mass destruction, and then coming home to finding out while you were trying to protect your children and husband, some fucking vampire marched and army up and slaughtered them. All those nights of struggling on, saying it was worth it, just for them. That for that single corner of the multiverse, you'd do anything to keep it safe. The crimes against nature committed, the innocents sent like lambs into meat grinders, the nightmares you'll carry with you forever.

mtgsalvation.gamepedia.com/Planeswalker_War

twitter.com/maro254/status/750374696940548096
It begins.

>Garruk
>Villain
Please. It's all Liliana's fault.

Oh gods these twits.
>no nahiri is not a villain people
>she is cool
>she did nothing wrong, she just got in a bad sitation
>i can't still call her a villain, she is just anatgonistic
>sorin was the bad guy all along