I don't intend to read this book because I hate David Annendale and I like the Mechanicum and hate how they've been...

I don't intend to read this book because I hate David Annendale and I like the Mechanicum and hate how they've been handled in the series. Can somebody give me a synopsis or the bulletpoints I'll need going into the next book?

It's safe to assume Vulkan doesn't come back and Mars doesn't [spoilers]zip out of the Sol system and hey thanks for making the Mechancum's arc in this new series a big fat waste of time[/spoilers]

Other urls found in this thread:

wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/War_of_the_Beast#Standoff_with_the_Mechanicum
desuarchive.org/tg/thread/45446081/#45446081
desuarchive.org/tg/thread/45972396/#45972396
desuarchive.org/tg/thread/46260041/#46260041
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/War_of_the_Beast#Standoff_with_the_Mechanicum

Read from this part to the end of the summary

Thanks fella

Why the fuck was Vulkan missing in the first place? Why is the last surviving loyal primarch niggering the Imperium out of a savior?

How is this series?
I've never read a 40K series and I really don't wanna start with HH based on what I've heard.

>It's safe to assume Vulkan doesn't come back
see you say that....

anyone recall how the mechanus would teleport mars out of the sol system

Excellent. It actually has quality control and consistency because it was all planned out before being written.

......Vulkan's a little too nice for his own good

Ridiculous. Outside some of the HH novels, the best ones are about normal humans (the Cain books, Abnett's books, etc).

This series is even worse in terms of crazy things happening that would be too big a deal to only be mentioned in some obscure novels.

>crazy things happening
>in one of the most important events in the Imperium's history after the Horus Heresy and the Thirteenth Black Crusade

No shit Sherlock.

The novels haven't been considered obscure since the Horus Heresy series started. Name the last important new event that was introduced in a codex. Not to mention the Beast and the Beheading were both already mentioned on the 40k timeline prior to the series, with as much detail as the Nova Terra Interregnum, which I can assure you had plenty of crazy stuff of its own going on.

>Muh codexes
Nothing of importance is ever introduced in a codex anymore. They've just been copy-pasting the same text for the last 6 years.

The only thing comes close would be the Abyssal Crusade, I guess.

Corax and Russ also went into voluntary exile alongside Vulkan, pledging to return in the endtimes. It's a stupid ambiguous thing to explain why GW doesnt want them in M41

in this book though he exposes himself by actively attacking the Orks, in order to uphold a vow he made to protect this world earlier in the great crusade. The Inquisition realizes it's him and Terra sends an expedition to recover him. Vulkan agrees to lead the Imperium temporarily because it's facing total destruction at the hands of the Orks

Hopefully the mechanicus can entrap his soul for eternity with technology so he can never go a away again

The books themselves are mixed.

Pros:
-A lot of look at all kinds of life in the Imperium. Guardsmen, Arbites, civilian life in Terra, navy crew, space marines, mechanicum, etc.., you see a lot of slice of lifes for mankind
-Well done naval warfare (in book 3)
-High Lords of Terra politicking. This is something a large part of the fanbase has wanted for years, and all the scenes with them are fairly entertaining
-There's a cohesive thought-out story going on, you can tell GW didn't just make this all up as it goes along like it is with the Horus Heresy (besides the obvious ending)
-The Grand Master of Assassins is basically the co-star alongside this Imperial Fist Captain
-Does a good job at showing that this war is "different" and more serious than anything besides the 13th Black Crusade and Horus Heresy. A Warboss the size of a Knight, Nobs the size of dreadnoughts, the whole Imperium imploding, Terra undefended and alone, and the return of a Primarch.
-The fate of the Sisters of Silence post-heresy and the founding of the Deathwatch will be explained. It's clearing up some blackholes in canon.

Cons:
-Quality varies a lot book for book. The Emperor Expects (the one that focuses mainly on naval warfare and High Lords scheming) is great, Predator, Prey is mostly a borefest.
-The books themselves have a lot of filler in an attempt to stretch them out
-The books are still too short, usually only 200-300 pages. They're more like pamphlets. GW really should have made this a series of 6 books instead of 12.
-While there's a lot of human characters, ultimately it falls into the trope of having the Space Marines save the day. Maybe you like this though.

After this, I hope GW releases another "event" novel series focusing on the Nova Terra Interregnum, complete with the schism spreading to the Mechanicum and Iron Hands.

I want some Eastern vs Western Roman Empire shenanigans.

But you won't get it, or regret it.

The only new event I can really think of added in a 40k codex recently is the 7th edition Dark Eldar codex, which establishes that Commorragh is essentially in a state of civil war on the tail-end of the 41st Millennium, and that daemons are most likely about to pour into the Webway in droves.

Which IS pretty big, but it's the only one that comes to mind.

Vulkan appearing is legit a big deal, but isn't this the book series in which Terra gets invaded by orks? That's just stupid.

>The fate of the Sisters of Silence post-heresy
Could someone elaborate on this for me? This is driving me nuts, and I doubt I'll be able to read this series anytime soon.

It's the greatest Ork Warboss who ever lived, and came from the Ork homeworld and is at least a thousand years or older. Pretty big dude too, easily larger than a dreadnought.

For there to be an identifiable ork homeworld is bigger news than Vulkan coming back!

The whole thing smells of one-upping every book writer that came before.

It's not that surprising. Ulanor was the Ork homeworld, the world where the Emperor and Horus faced down the horde of super-orks that were as powerful as space marines, and the nobs were as powerful as primarchs.

Turns out one of the super-orks survived and was forgotten about. Theories are that they were closer to Krorks and hadn't degenerated into modern orks that much. Or that they were so old they were becoming Krorks again.

Either way it's scary and shows that Orks are a real credible threat if you don't purge them daily.

>unsurprising

Because OF COURSE it is. The galaxy's biggest, most awesomest super speshul ultrasmart magical space orc diplomat fits perfectly in the lore, and is totally not just Ward-tier Green Primarch fagfiction with the author's sweaty self-insert fingerprints and semen stains all over it ...

>The whole thing smells of one-upping every book writer that came before.
not really

it's the orks the size of houses and the deathmoon orbiting earth that smell of one-upping previous events

>I hate David Annendale
How's it feel to have shit taste?

desuarchive.org/tg/thread/45446081/#45446081
desuarchive.org/tg/thread/45972396/#45972396
desuarchive.org/tg/thread/46260041/#46260041

They have to do Goge Vandire and the Reign of Blood first.

the more I read about the beast the more...UnOrky I find him

Do we get a view from Ork's perspective in series?