Dragonball Quest #44

>>Previous threads

suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?searchall=dragonball quest

>>Information

This quest, as the title suggests, takes place in the world of Dragon Ball. You're playing as a thirteen year old boy named Tofoo, and will adventure through the story of the Dragonball series alongside characters such as Goku, Yamcha, Bulma, Tien, and many others. Through your actions, you can make significant changes to the story, and perhaps even become the strongest fighter on Earth.

>Rules

At the end of each update you'll have ten minutes to vote on options. Write-ins are allowed, but I do reserve the right to veto them.

In the event of a draw, the option to receive the next vote wins

Rolls will be used on certain occasions, such as attempting a technique for the first time or attempting something extremely difficult. You will have three rolls, and if one succeeds, you succeed. There are no crits.

Rolls are made AFTER an option wins, not during the voting process

I hope everyone has fun.

>Current Saga

Tournament Training

>>youtube.com/watch?v=SPFCHuEegsk

Finally in on the ground floor of one of these. We'll Stone, Fornicators!

The new theater Doctor Briefs has installed is large enough to fit hundreds of people, but only the five of you sit in it, watching the newest Panput movie.

You're given to understand that Panput, in addition to being an actor, is also a prominent martial artist. And, his movies are quite heavy on stunts that he apparently did himself.

The snack delivery system brings any food you want; popcorn, pretzels, even hotdogs, burgers, and pizza. It apparently also has a direct line to the Briefs' kitchen, as Mrs. Briefs sends a batch of her cookies through for all of you to enjoy (though Goku eats most of them).

The movie's apparently about Panput fighting robotic overlords, and both the special effects and fight-choreography are pretty great, though Panputs acting isn't exactly top-notch.

Still, the experience of having a giant theater for just you and your friends, with delicious food to enjoy, is quite nice, especially after all you've had to do in the last few days.

Goku doesn't seem to follow what's going on very well, as he asks a lot of questions, which seems to irritated Bulma and Krillin, especially when Doctor Briefs loudly answers them. He does, however, seem to enjoy the fighting.

When the film comes to an end, the lights come on, and everyone gets up, making their ways out.

"Well, that was quite the show," Doctor Briefs comments. "I can't wait to see his next movie."

"That Panput is so dreamy," Bulma sighs. "And so strong."

"Hey, the three of us have done more impressive things than anything in his movies," Krillin says, pointing at you and Goku.

Bulma shrugs.

>A. Ask Bulma where you put your weighted clothes, you want to get started on training

>B. Ask Goku and Krillin if they're going to be getting started now

>C. Tell Krillin that he should try climbing Korin Tower

>D. Something else

>A. Ask Bulma where you put your weighted clothes, you want to get started on training
>D. "I missed hanging out Dr. Briefs"

>C, whisper A to Bulma
Gotta keep an edge somehow.

>D. Ask Bulma if she can make heavier gear

>>A. Ask Bulma where you put your weighted clothes, you want to get started on training
>>C. Tell Krillin that he should try climbing Korin Tower
>>D. Something else
Tell Dr. Briefs that we'll come back to hang out more after we're done with our training and to smack Mrs. Briefs on the ass for us.

This and

"Krillin, you should try climbing Korin Tower like me and Goku did," you tell your friend.

"What? Really?" Krillin asks. "You think I can do it?"

"Definitely!" Goku says. "Just make sure you start soon, it took Master Roshi three years."

"So I've got two to get started, then," Krillin says.

"No," Bulma tells him. "Didn't you hear? The turnout at the last tournament was so huge that they decided to hold it every three years instead of every five."

"Great," Krillin groans.

"Don't worry," Goku says. "It only took me and Tofoo three days. It shouldn't take you much longer."

"Heh, I bet you two kept getting in each other's way," Krillin chuckles. "I'll do it in two days."

"That's the spirit!" Goku says.

You walk over to Bulma, and whisper to her, asking where you left your weighted clothes.

"In your room, I think," Bulma says. "They should still be there."

"Well, you all seem busy," Doctor Briefs comments. "I suppose I'd better get back to work. Those new Capsule Planes won't invent themselves."

"Bye, Doctor Briefs," you say. "It was good hanging out, again. I missed it."

"Well, you're always welcome here, my boy," the doctor tells you. "And if you think of any fun movies to watch at any time, come over immediately. I'm planning on upgrading the stereos in the theater, and I could use something to test them with."

>A. Say goodbye to everyone

>B. Go get your clothes

>C. Ask Goku and Krillin what they're going to do now

>D. Something else

>B. Go get your clothes

>B. Go get your clothes

>B. Go get your clothes

>>A. Say goodbye to everyone
And tell Bulma we'll miss her.

>>C. Ask Goku and Krillin what they're going to do now
>B. Go get your clothes

>>A. Say goodbye to everyone
>B. Go get your clothes

This.

"What are you guys going to do now?" you ask Goku and Krillin.

"I'm going to go find Master Roshi," Goku tells you. "I want him to teach me everything he hasn't yet."

"I'm going to go visit Chichi," Krillin says, smiling. "Then I'll go climb Korin Tower. Then, after all that, I'll go back to Master Roshi."

It looks like it's time for you and your friends to part ways once more, this time for en even longer period. Then again, you know where they'll be, so if you really want to visit them, you suppose you can do that.

"Well, guess this is goodbye for now," Krillin says.

"Just for now," Goku says, smiling. "We'll all meet up at the tournament in three years."

"You two had better train hard, because this time, I'm not losing," Krillin promises.

Goku grins. "I can't wait to see how much better you two get."

Krillin nods, then turns to leave. "Goodbye!"

He waves, then runs out the door.

Goku follows, and you hear him shout for the Flying Nimbus.

You turn to Bulma. "I'll miss you."

She smiles. "You can visit any time you want. Now, get out there and start training. You don't want them getting ahead of you."

You head to your room, finding the weighted clothes right where you left them. You slip them on, feeling a weight you're no longer accustomed to after days without it.

It's time to start. Where should you go?

>A. Jingle Village

>B. Master Roshi's Island

>C. North City

>D. Korin Tower

>E. Just go explore, see what you find

>F. Something else

>D. Korin Tower

Could we possibly get to Kami's lookout early?

I wana make our way to Jingle Village instead of just heading straight for it.

>>E. Just go explore, see what you find
Time for demons, i want those near death experiences you promised SOM

>>F. Something else
Catch up with Goku real quick and remind him to TRAIN. HIS. TAIL.
Then
>>A. Jingle Village

Let's walk on our hands and see how far we can get

No

The world is our oyster, and soon the galaxy once we reach the Z part of Dragon Ball.

>Seconding
But let's head for Korin Tower while we do it, see if we can get a Nimbus/hook up with Kami.

No

Aww, still voting for Korin's tower though.

>A. Jingle Village
or maybe C

I didn't think you'd let us go to Kami yet. I'm switching my vote for walking on our hands to Jingle Village then.

>F. Something else

Yo, can we get even heavier clothes?

and

Ask if Bulma has a way to keep in contact with her, long-distance.

But head out towards Jingle village first.

This, but by way of North City

Wait do we want Bulma or Suno? Or are we like an NBA player, where we have Suno when not hunting for the Dragon Balls and Bulma when we are?
Because I don't know how to feel about that.

Environment training does not equal waifuing user

I mean Suno was given very little characterisation and would make a bad waifu because of such. Bulma is just eh in general and not at all interested in us at least right now

That's right, and there's Eighter in Jingle Village to train with as well.

He shall be our new cannonball

You decide to go out and explore, and to try and see if you can find anything that will help you out with your training.

Leaving Capsule Corp and your friends behind, you head outside, dashing down the streets of West City. It takes some time for you to get used to the weight, but once you do, you're moving faster than the people around you can keep track of.

You did this a million times during your last training, so this time, you decide to make things a bit different by walking on your hands. As soon as you're outside of the city limits, you get onto your hands and start running, heading North.

North City is there, and you're sure there are some things to do in the big city. There's also Jingle Village. The cold weather could be helpful for your training, and Eighter's super strong, he could be a big help.

For hours, you continue moving to the North, reaching the point where you need to choose what destination to head for.

>A. Jingle Village

>B. North City

We should climb Korin's Tower in our weighted clothes.

>>B. North City
Time to see if the siblings got nabbed

>>A. Jingle Village
TIME FOR SOME YOUTHFUL TRAINING
YOSH!

>B
We have friends we should check up on. Also, we can check the old RRA base for traps to test ourselves against and some sweet tech to sell.

>A. Quick visit to North City
>B. Head to Jingle Village by way of North City

>A. Jingle Village
Eighter pls

I'll second this.

>A. Jingle Village

Going with this

You decide to head to North City first, so you head in that direction, resolving to make a brief visit, then head for Jingle Village.

The sun's going down, so this could be tricky.

You make your way down a winding trail that cuts through forest and around mountains. The stars and moon provide just enough light for you to see where you're going, and the next morning, you reach North City.

It's as lively, and as similar to West City as you remember it, with people flying their cars, riding on motorbikes, and walking down the sidewalks.

You spot a familiar looking fighter doing some street fights, and wonder if you might be able to make an easy hundred thousand zeni.

The look the fighter gives you when you get closer tells you that's not going to happen, so you decide to take a look around for Lapis and Lazuli.

You head for the building they were living in last time, and find no sign of them. You guess with you breaking their door down, it wasn't a great place for them anymore.

>A. Take a look around the city, see if you can find them

>B. Head for Jingle Village

>C. Something else

Shall we alter their fates, or let destiny play as it shall be.

>A. Take a look for them around the city
If we can't find them before the end of the day, head to Jingle Village

I'll back this.

>>A. Take a look around the city, see if you can find them
We do have friends in the Police Department here. If we have to, we can ask them if they know.

Do we even have any money? Might be a good idea to at least by some food or a jacket since mountains separate Jingle village from North City.

>>A. Take a look around the city, see if you can find them

You aren't sure where they've gone, but you decide that it's worth taking a look around to see if you can find them.

Leaving the building, you make your way around the city, passing street vendors, gamblers, people on their way to work, people just walking around, and so on.

You don't see any sign of the siblings, but the city is a big place, and you're sure that they're around somewhere.

That's confirmed when a motorcycle goes speeding past you with a black haired boy and blonde haired girl on top of it, and several police cars chase after it.

>A. Follow the bike and the cars

>B. Chase down the motorcycle (30)

>C. Well, they're fine, head for Jingle Village

>D. Something else

Stupid protagonist-centered morality.

In any other situation, we'd be helping the police to catch criminals

But since these are named characters with their own plot arc, but the police are nameless mooks, we're on the side of Lapis and Lazuli.

fuggen plot

We also know their situation.

I mean, you could help catch them, or let the police handle it, you do have a choice

Can we chase them down by running with our hands only?

We should find out what they did.

I'm going for it, this is part of training.

Yeah sure, let's do it.

I don't want to use our favor with the NCPD to get Lapis and Lazuli off (kek), so it's probably best if we get them first, hear them out, and turn them in if we feel like they deserve it.

Going for this.

This.

Let's do this

As Olmac would say, let's rock fucker

RIP Som

ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLL

Rolled 96 (1d100)

+++ CASTING Rebirth ON %t+++

Rolled 18 (1d100)

Handfeet don't let us down!

Rolled 81 (1d100)

dice+1d100

In the options field user

Did we just catch the motorcycle so violently we turned the siblings into chili?

Rolled 65 (1d100)

Aw fuck I crapped all over it.

Lets ask them whats up nonchalantly

You know, I really hope when Tofoo gets older he becomes a cop on his off time.
It'd be hilarious during the Buu Arc, we could team up with THE GREAT SAIYAMAN!

Getting back on your hands, you tear down the street, following the police and the motorcycling teens.

Running on the road, you quickly manage to catch up with the cars, hopping on top of one and surfing on it as it gets closer to the motorcycle.

You hand-spring from it, and rush to run alongside the vehicle, looking up at the two teenagers aboard it.

"Hey," you greet. "What's up?"

"What in the world?" Lapis shouts, starting to lose control of his bike, only for Lazuli to lean up and grab the handles, keeping them balanced.

"Hey," she greets. "Didn't expect to see you again."

"Especially not now," Lapis agrees. "Mind giving us a hand with the cops?"

>A. Ask why there's being chased

>B. Sure (Go break some police cars)

>C. Pick up the bike and run away with it

>D. Something else

Then

"It depends on what you guys did."

Bet they can't chase us up buildings and across rooftops!

>>C. Pick up the bike and run away with it

YOUTH!

Seconding

>>A. Ask why they're being chased

Dear Kami or Kaguya or whatever deity, we've become Rock Lee.