Shinobi Quest #21

Shinobi Quest #21

This quest takes place within the lands of the Five Great Shinobi Nations (aka Narutoverse) starting roughly around the beginning of the original series. The world of this quest remains similar to the original, with slight but notable differences in certain areas, based upon the passage of time from a single slightly altered event.

(It’s a goddamn Naruto Quest, you bastards. Have fun, participate, and write in when you feel inclined. Most of the outcomes of this quest will be determined by you, the players. Critiques and questions are always welcome, as my knowledge of the weeby shit is not all encompassing.)

pastebin.com/WiPdCqLH

Previous Threads: suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Shinobi Quest

Last thread, Tsuki Norihime decided it was time to ask Danzo what he knew about Orochimaru, along with any potential ties to her father. After some strange dreams, she discovered most of what she wanted to know, although this may have created more questions than it actually answered. The next day, she met with Genma, one of Ebisu’s former teammates, and met her own team shortly afterward. It was there she declared her intention to win the chunin exams….

Alright I've been thinking of a rough outline of what our training should be

Training schedule:
Train with Danzo: Hand seals, Release, and learn jutsus
Train with team: Stamina, strength, Speed, and Taijutsu
Spend time with Dad: Intelligence
Train with Tenten: Strength, Stamina, and Speed

Ninjutsu 3.0
Taijutsu 2.0
Genjutsu 2.5
Intelligence 3.0 (+0.5 from Norihime Genius)
Strength 1.5
Speed 2.5
Stamina 3.0
Hand seals 3.0
Total: 20.5

Stellar Release Mastery Level: 2.5/5

I want to mostly focus on improving our releases and learning new jutsus

“Tsuki-dono! You have guests!” you hear Maru shout.

It was morning, although not very early- the day Itachi-sensei was leaving. You certainly weren’t expecting guests, however. You can make a few guesses who it might be, though.

“Ok! I’ll be down in a minute!” you shout in response, before changing into a clean uniform. Hopefully, it was Itachi, or maybe Nori or Hinata.

After changing, you jaunt through the manor to meet your guests-

-and you aren’t disappointed. Itachi, Nori, Hinata…. And another women, who you don’t recognize.

“Hello everyone! Sorry to keep you all waiting….” you apologize.

It’s Nori that speaks up first.

“Now worries, princess. You didn’t miss anything- sensei’s picked up some bimbo shinobi from off the streets….” she says, making a face at the woman.

“Nori! Enough. Do not take your morning attitude out on her- she’s doing this as a favor to me.” Itachi scolds.

Nori simply pouts.

Hinata looks concerned, but otherwise stays uninvolved.

Itachi sighs, and turns back to face you.

“Tsuki, this is Anko. She’s a former comrade of mine- we worked together in ANBU for a time. She’s offered to give you three additional training in my stead, while I’m away.

You turn and look to the woman- you could see why Nori holds a poor opinion of her. She certainly does look a bit like a tramp…..

You…

1. Greet her respectfully.
2. Casually greet her.
3. Acknowledge her presence.
4. Question her and Itachi’s relationship.

This sounds good. We need to strengthen our natural talents. I know we need to work on our weakness but ignoring Tsuki's other stats is bad as well.

>1. Greet her respectfully.

>4. Question her and Itachi’s relationship.

>5. Secretly grind your teeth at their relationship!

>4. Question her and Itachi’s relationship.
>Is she your girlfriend sensei?

>5. Question her about her career. What is her rank, how long did she hold that rank, what does she specialize in, and who was her jonin instructor?

4. Question her and Itachi’s relationship

1 & 4, with some questioning.

Writing.

I would also like to back this.

“Hello, Anko-san.” you say, keeping your opinions to yourself. “I appreciate you helping us out like this- all of us are working hard to become better shinobi- losing access to our sensei for any amount of time can be a huge setback.”

She nods.

“Right! I’m Anko Mitarashi, a tokubetsu-jonin. I’ll be happy to help you girls out- and it didn’t hurt that Itachi came and asked me himself!” she says, smiling.

Oh. Seems the street tramp doesn’t know her place…..

“....If you don’t mind me asking, Anko-san, what exactly *is* your relationship with our sensei?” you question, keeping a bright look and even tone. “He hasn’t told us of any women in his life. Isn’t he a bit young for you?”

Hinata barely contains a laugh, while it takes all of Nori’s self restraint not to hit the floor.

Itachi just looks confused….

Anko, however, doesn’t take the bait.

“Why, Itachi and I have known each other for years! I’m a bit older than him, sure, but he quickly elevated himself beyond his peers. We both were in ANBU, as he said, and I was happy when he received his full-jonin status. We followed slightly different paths afterward, but I’m flattered that he thought of me first.” she says, looking not even slightly perturbed.

Hmph- seems she might not be so easy to get a rise out of. This may take some time….

“...Well, anyway, I’m glad everyone has met. I need to leave shortly, to report to the Fourth before heading out. Do you girls have any questions for me before I go?” Itachi says, still not grasping the situation.

1. Ask an actual question (What?)
2. Tease him to get at Anko
3. Question his choice of Anko
4. No questions
>Write-in

>48136293
>2. Tease him to get at Anko
>3. Question his choice of Anko

>1. Question her about her career. How long has she held that rank, what does she specialize in, and who was her jonin instructor?

"What makes Anko-san your choice for us? Not to say that she'll be unfit or not a good choice. I'm just curious about your reasons for picking her."

>1. Ask an actual question (What are your strengths?)

>1. Ask an actual question (What?)
I look forward to working with you, being Ex-ANBU I expect great things

Not in an insulting way, genuine curiosity.

Team Mega Milk is a go

Don't forget to wish sensei good luck, take care and don't get hurt we still need you here to teach us things and stuff

>1. Ask an actual question (What?)
>2. Tease him to get at Anko
What has Itschi told you of us? Any areas of expertise particular to you we may take advantage of during your brief tenure? Did he always look so serious?

>1. Ask an actual question. What are your strengths? I do not intend to stagnate while my sensei is gone.

So kiss him on the cheek

1 & 3.

Evaluation time.

You take a deep breath.

In.

Out.

Not good to let sensei see this side of you, Tsuki. Stupid.

You clear your throat.

“Yes, I did have one. First, please be careful. We’ve all said it a thousand times by now, I’m sure, but we’ll be worrying about you out there.” you say, only pouting slightly.

He smiles.

“I’ll be careful, Tsuki. Work hard and show me what you can accomplish, alright?” he says, laughter in his eyes.

“I’ll hold you to that, sensei.” you say, holding the pout for effect. “Anyway, I was curious- why Anko-san here? Not that I don’t think she’s a good choice, but I don’t know anything about her.” you finally ask.

Nori starts to snicker again in the background.

“I’ll let her explain her strengths. Just know that she can be trusted, and her abilities are nothing to be trifled with, ok?” he answers.
“Good. Now, I’ll be off. Anko, thank you again. I’ll repay you when I get back.” he says, walking towards the door. “Be good you three! I expect a good show when I come home!”

Once the doors are shut behind him, Anko spins to face you three.

“Alright girls, here’s the deal. If Itachi says that I’m ready after his trip, the Fourth is going to assign me a squad of the next graduating genin, like yourselves. It’s conditional to my full jonin promotion, so he says. So! Once again: I’m Anko Mitarashi! I’m more than capable in all aspects of our craft, but my strongest skills are those of Genjutsu, along with my Summoning Technique. I’m no slouch in Ninjutsu, either. I’m sure I can teach you all many different skills!”

She seems to be ignoring your earlier quips at her expense- either she’s dealt with similar treatment, or focusing on her goal of a full jonin promotion.

Only time will tell….

“Now, I’d like to know what each of you would like to learn. We can build a training regimen for the two months Itachi will be gone. If you aren’t sure, that’s perfectly fine.” Anko says, gesturing to the three of you.

You say…

1. I’d like to learn techniques from you. (Standard Jutsu)
2. You mentioned a summoning technique?
3. Genjutsu sounds useful.
4. I’d like to focus on my physical abilities instead.

(THIS VOTE ONLY PERTAINS TO WHAT ANKO TEACHES YOU WHEN YOU SPEND TIME WITH HER- NOT YOUR OVERALL TRAINING)

>2. You mentioned a summoning technique?
Need some servants.

>3. Genjutsu sounds useful.

Can't pass it up.

I say we summon an owl

>1. I’d like to learn techniques from you. (Standard Jutsu)

It more useful then anything else and can let us learn more powerful jutsu from Danzo since we know the basics

Plus we already have others for physical abilities, genjutsu is useless, and she can't do much for summoning and were not taking the snakes

>2
>4
get a start on summoning, other wise, boost up our physical stats, we stick to danzo for most ninjutsu i think

>4. I’d like to focus on my physical abilities instead.
But not neglect my other areas.

IT'S HAPPENING

We'll get better summons later on.

Snakes aren't that great.

Genjutsu isn't useless. I do agree with your other opinions/points, though.

Although Nori's gonna be pretty flat.

Ninjutsu is our highest skill, we need more ways to kill people with it!

She can't do anything for us with summoning, we don't have any contracts so its pointless, and we already have others to work our physical abilities with

Its only semi-useful when you specialize in it, name one high ranking ninja thats genjutsu focused that doesn't have special eyes

>4. I’d like to focus on my physical abilities instead.
Being former ANBU im sure you have had your share of sword practice and strength/agility training

So that whatever it is we can apply a Stellar version later on

Kurenai.

time to get some use out of it

How long have you and Itachi sensei been dating? Does sasuke know?

We've been over this we're going to be just below Hinata

And whats one thing that she ever did?

Gib snek

I said Nori's gonna be pretty flat.

>And what's the one thing she ever did.

Not get properly used by Kishimoto.

Have a baby? As a jonin, that's actually pretty impressive to carry a fetus to term without complications, bullshit ninja healing magic or not.

NORI is going to be relatively flat. So sad, but that was Wargle's call on the matter.

My mistake user, sorry about that

>we don't have any contracts so its pointless
Presumably she'd be handing off the snake contract. Which does actually have some near stuff, just different neat stuff than most of the others, like fucked up snake regeneration.

We're already arguing about tit-size?

Christ almighty.

It goes Hinata > Tsuki > Nori.

Nori isn't gonna be flat, just smaller than the behemoths. Large B - C size.

No were not I just fucked up reading, my mistake

But it doesn't fit Tsuki, if were meant to have a contract lets have it come to us naturally

Look from the perspective of "team mega milk" that is flat since it, y'know, screws up Team Mega Milk.

>Nori isn't gonna be flat, just smaller than the behemoths.

How big are Tsuki's gonna become?

(Now I'm just curious 'cause you refer to both Hinata's and Tsuki's as "behemoths".)

i'm hoping for rabbits or some form of sealife, preferably something from the abyssal zone of the ocean since that place looks like a starfield when you turn off the lights.

Since when has a single contract ever come to anyone naturally.

I know five of the seven or eight summons we can possibly get in the future.

One of them is bunnies/rabbits, yes.

Everyone already knew Hinata, Wargle. And Tsuki's an early bloomer.

Anyway, standard jutsu learning is going to take it unless anyone wishes to change votes.

To clarify, you do have the option to learn ths snake summoning technique through her, if you wished, hence option 2.

This is not the only summoning contract you'll get, but definitely the only one before the exams.

Octopus would be pretty cool if only so we can be Tsuki of the depths and skies

Jiraya

Star Octupus or Squid

They're gonna be big but it's gonna take forever for them to start growing, so she's basically going to instantly switch from lady-doth-protest-too-much 'flat is best' hiding breast envy to "actually my current huge breasts are the exact perfect size and no one could ever argue otherwise."

From what wargle told me Bunnies are Taijutsu focused, so there's that.

The other possible summons are much cooler though.

I'm good with Standard jutsu.

1 and 2. More curiosity on 2

Leave the contract for now and stick with the Ninjutsu for the Stellar application later on.

If we do get an Octopus contract, get some genjutsu going and go full love craft on peoples asses.

I just wanna draw that sort of thing

Bunnies for number two contract...because fan service...fuck you world im an artfag of course I draw ecchi what do you take me for

I'm hoping the boss summon is literally just Cthulu

I'd rather not waste our summon slot on fanservice, but to each his own.

Draw whatever you want user. In an alternate universe, it's all canon anyway :'D

Sounds like 1 wins, with enough 2 votes to leave it rather open ended.

Writing.

But octopi/squids are cool. Fan service is shit.
Name one time that fan service actually improved anything for the story.

By definition it wouldn't be fan service anymore.

eh, I just want rabbit summons cause I like rabbits, plus going monty python on someone would be fun, also ever read/watch watership down? rabbits are brutal.

I want to say Golden Boy but it would be just as good if they took out most of the fan service

should have made genjutsu the dump stat

it gets fuck all for use

Because most people don't use it.

Maybe theirs a reason for that

Because they don't give it a chance.

I support rabbit because it's thematic, though I know fuck all about how useful it would actually be.

I think someone said it was good for Taijutsu, which might help shore up our weakness there.

Maybe we should go two specs.

>ROOT/ANBU Tsuki
Octopus and Genjutsu/Stellar

>Normal everyday Tsuki
Ninjutsu artillary and sword play for CQB

having a good melee fighter to hold off foes while we charge up a big jutsu should be useful.

I say otherwise. It will be weak and we're like a range fighter than close-combat. We really shouldn't pour all of our training on Taijutsu.

What about the fact that you can break out of any of them by stopping your chakra flow which is taught to everyone

Our Root should be Stellar and Octopus with no gen
and our Everyday should be fire and lightning with the Kiba swords only to boost our lightning

Rabbits aren't anywhere as good as some of the other summons. Those guys we saw in our dream/vision?

Yeah

Then get better at making sure people don't realize it's a genjutsu, or don't have the chance to cancel out of it.

Why would we get an Octopus summon?

We were literally visited in our dreams by the Four Beasts. Why not get one of them?

Reminder that we blew our shadow clone secret the instant the going got tough and there's no way we'll actually keep stellar release secret in the long term.

No shit.

Were most likely revealing it in the exams, I would prefer that we keep it for Jonin since were going to get alot of attention when we reveal it

>Why would we get an Octopus summon?

We won't, but let them wank to it.

suzaku, genbu, seryu and byakko?
or at least that was who i figured they were.
of those i'd go genbu cause its a super turtle with a snake tail... hmm if anko can work with snakes...

best summon option

People are talking about a secret root persona that has stellar release, I'm reminding them why that's dumb. Because the first chance something bad might happen to someone we like we'll reveal it and it'd make the secret persona's identity completely obvious.

Plus we can't keep it a secret for that long.

I highly doubt it.

If only user, if only

Da, those four.