How do you handle sexuality, sexually-charged themes, sexual NPCs/BBEGs; without making it Magical Realm?

How do you handle sexuality, sexually-charged themes, sexual NPCs/BBEGs; without making it Magical Realm?

How do you keep the balance?

Other urls found in this thread:

whatanime.ga/?url=http://i.4cdn.org/tg/1467885378629s.jpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

By not making the same fucking thread a thousand times.

That mummygirl is cute, post more of her

Don't do stuff that makes your players uncomfortable. That's it. That's all you need to do.
In order to do this, you have to talk to them before putting stuff in, and maybe check in now and then to see if you're going the right directions.
If they're cool with it, all systems are go. If they're not, don't do it.

It's REALLY simple, people.

for real post more of her

All I know is that you cant leave it up to die rolls. You gotta RP that whit. You can't let a player get away with ignoring it either; that just goes beyond the suspension of disbelief.

Those designs are sex. What's it from?

Off camera. If the bard wants to get laid every time he lays on a tavern wench, fine, but I'm not going to sit there and turn it into an ERP while the rest of my players sit their with their thumbs up their asses. Fade to black, have it happen off-camera, done.

Hells is an incredibly well animated and visually distinct -if poorly written- anime movie that you guys should watch.

It's full of really well-designed monster boys and girls and is charming from start to finish -if albeit very stupid and cool-.

It's about a girl who dies and is sent to hell where the devil has set up a highschool for the damned and he himself is the principle: people who graduate get to go to heaven.

The Devil is also an Elvis impersonator.

>sex is magical realm, right guize?
>So how do I make sex not magical realm?

Sweet Christ, I'm beginning to wonder if most people talking about "Magical Realm" have actually read the original Gunshow comic. If any of you haven't, here you go.

Notice the players are not complaining about sex or sexuality. The GM is not simply throwing in a seductress character or implying the BBEG likes to literally fuck people.

The point of this comic is the GM is vividly telegraphing his gross, outlandish fetish for no fucking reason. It doesn't contribute to the game. It doesn't have any purpose. He's just broadcasting what makes him hard because he's a fucking weirdo. And it annoys the players, to the point where they explicitly tell him to knock it off and threaten physical violence if he keeps it up.

Including sex or sexuality is not automatically Magical Realm.

Implying to the players Lady Renn the Vampire Knight may be a BDSM freak is not Magical Realm. Graphically describing her crazy rape fantasy vampire sex sessions to your players certainly is.

>Graphically describing her crazy rape fantasy vampire sex sessions to your players certainly is.

I don't think it is necessarily. If your players dig it, great. The thing is, The Whizzard's players DON'T like it, and they ask him to stop, and he keeps going. Magical Realm is just being That Guy with your weird fetishes.

Well, that was trippy. Thanks for the recommendation, user.

The very definition of Magical realm means that it's something that the players will be uncomfortable with.

Don't forget that he's also trying to force them to participate in his gross fetish.

>hey user, what did you do this summer
>I spent the whole summer complaining about summer

When you reply to attention-seeking threads, you just encourage their proliferation.

>The Devil is also an Elvis impersonator
Okay I'm sild

If that DM was a cute dorky girl with the same piss fetish her players would be way into in tho

>having no standards
>shit tier fetishes

shiggy diggy

At a given table, it's a certainly that at least one player will be uncomfortable to some degree with almost anything you care to name, sexual or not.

Fair enough, let me rephrase that:
>magical realm is anything that the GM forces on the player sexual in nature that makes said players uncomfortable.

You can't let that go, though. There's no way their characters have no interest in sex or love or something similar. It's just not realistic. If possible, it's good to have a private session or give a ring some night to do an RP then later tell the group the details that their characters would know. This way, the shyer player gets to RP and realism is kept.

Allowing for weird fetishes unknown to the GM (example: running a plot about centaurs when he doesn't know a player has a fetish for that and the player is uncomfortable because his fetish is front-and-center), that's not unreasonable.

Perhaps...
>magical realm is any sexual content which any game participant knowingly forces on another participant, with the intent to make any participant (including themselves) uncomfortable or unduly aroused.

No, no. You mean piss-tier fetishes.

Shit-tier fetishes would be scat.

user, you're full of baloney! The minute some girl says "the troll wants you to piss in her mouth,"I'm out, baby.

God damn it, beat me to it

The worst thing about Hells is that the story is made of three distinct parts that, although they're all part of the same movie, have very little thematic or stylistic connection. The transition is jarring every time and makes you feel like you saw three different parts of three different movies, creating an uncomfortably unfullfilled feeling.

It's got some great designs and some interesting premises, but completely fails on delivering a coherent experience.

By playing with adults.

But adults are the ones with magical realms, children and teenagers don't have them

i fucking love this art style.

why cant more anime/manga go for something like this

You don't.
That shit has no place in a god damn tabletop game.
I don't want to deal with your retarded fucking fetishes. Keep your dick to yourself.

What if they aren't playing as humans?
And even if they are, "muh realism" is no excuse to force someone who has no interest or desire, to bring sexual shite to the table, into doing so.

What said

These two posts, and their images, sum up Veeky Forums meme words in a nutshell. Magical Realm, Edgy, etc.

>Some people understand it and it's source material, and can use the term correctly

>But pretty much everyone else just heard that they're badwrong when they first got here and violently come out of the woodwork to shit on everything even vaguely related to the subject whenever their meme buzzwords get dropped.

It doesn't interest me. There is no fulcrum the GM can hit.

>There's no way their characters have no interest in sex or love or something similar
>Has never heard of asexual

I'm not saying it's even mildly reasonable to have a party of asexuals, but you can't force feelings on a player's character. and as pointed out, not every race has a sex drive like humans do, point in fact, in many settings human's sex drive is what sets them apart as a race.

But you do reach an impasse if you have a player who's interested in RP that will go a more intimate route and a player who's uncomfortable with that. The solo RP session you describe would be a good way to cover that, though.

>Magical Realm is just being That Guy with your weird fetishes.

I think i will steal this definition and repost it in every thread i see related to this.
Excellently put.

Can't tell if you're trolling or you haven't hit puberty yet.

Little kids don't have magical realms, right?

Teenagers do. I mean, I would know.

Underageb&?

Kekel my shekels

Were you never a teenager, user?

>in many settings human's sex drive is what sets them apart as a race.
What settings do this? Like, I can't even think of one.

My players are usually the ones having sex and raping and pillaging
One of my players was rapes by the bbeg, ended up killing the guy mid rape with a well placed shank to the neck (in this case a pen).

I handle it by not handling it, my players handle it.

By being extremely carful not to offend anyone, and take actions so they can't offend me or each other.
It's not people's sexual preferences that piss me off, it's this (almost ideological) need not to offend anyone during a game. Even though asking people to repress their sexuality is the ultimate form of insult.

It's generally not stated directly, but in most fantasy settings Humans are the highest populated and spread out race. You don't get to that point without a lot of fucking.

Obviously it varies from setting to setting, but "There's a lot of Humans" is about as common as "Elves live a 200+ years" or "Dwarf women have beards" as racial themes.

And humans breed with everything, too. Half-elf? The other half is human. Half-orc? Human. Half-ogre? Guess what the other half is. Half-dragon? Gonna be 50% human. If there was a half dwarf, I'd give you three guesses what the other half would be.

Didn't even think about all the half-breed humans, just further emphasizes my point in that Human's racial characteristic is that every time we find something even vaguely fuckable, we have to stick our dicks in it or get knocked up by it.

My magical realm is people bring slightly embarrassed in public by lewd things, so I insert my players' fetishes into games I run and watch them blush, squirm and try to hide their boners.

>I go to the brothel DM, spend my coin on elf slut loli traps
Alright, you spent all your gold fucking little boys in the ass. Next, please.

>b-but I want to know details DM..
Roll persuasion and athletics, keep the highest.
>... 17
You did ok. Next, please.

So are you a slut or just a fag?

>If that DM was a cute dorky girl
No, not again.

>had a gm that would force Twilight vampires into every setting
>group didn't care that it was obviously her realm. Because she was willing to gm, and we'd put up with her constant blood sucking cults/not Edward Cullen NPCs.
>she gets dumped IRL, and I guess because I was the only single guy at the table I became her rebound.
>So she made my PC a vampire, didn't allow me to cure it, and would awkwardly flirt before during and after games.
>after a session she gets drunk and invites me up to her room to watch movies. I try to turn her down politely, because gay and she knew that already.
>she insists "muh community college psychology class says that everyone is bi; gay don't real," then starts getting handsy.
>Noped out immediately, quit the group too.

All that said, I can see why most guys would be into it.

>Sexuality in RPGs is using a feather, Magical Realm is using the whole chicken

>BBEG
The femme fatale teases without ever truly exposing. It's about getting men addicted to her, which entirely defeats the purpose if she starts rubbing her tits in their faces from day one. By the time you're actually close enough to her for lewd shit to happen, you're probably already dead.

And if I was a cute dorky girl lesbians would be attracted to me. But I'm a fat neckbeard, so they aren't, and will probably get annoyed if I keep hitting on them.

Life's unfair, user. Let's hope they'll get mind uploading working in our lifetimes, then we can leave cruel offline world behind and become whatever we want. Until then, what you are matters.

>Life's unfair, user
>There's no need to raise awareness of this
>Unless it unfairly affects women of course, in which case it's literally worse than genocide

So do you have a point, or are you just bitter for not being as attractive as you'd like?

And yes, sex is a much more serious issue than murder, mass murder, or even genocide in every RPG I've ever heard of. That's why they all come with rules for combat ability cooldowns but not for refractory period.

The easy answer? It's hard to tween right,

>That's why they all come with rules for combat ability cooldowns but not for refractory period.

Most RPGs don't come with rules for modelling macro-economics in a fantasy world, or particularly detailed rules for falconry, or rules governing the impact of temperature on the fermentation process. I think you just have to look at mechanics in RPG as an indicator of what sort of thing your game time is going to be spent doing, rather than as whether or not something is a serious issue.

Tfw our D&d game has 4 lesbian players.

I was once, but now I'm an old man with an unreliable urethra and can't barely remember those days

>asexual
>Thinks that's actually a thing and not a label invented by people who are too retarded/ugly to get laid

What's the source on this?

Fun fact: those monster girl designs were originally from a toyline called Resurrection of Monstress

Are they hot enough to hotglue?

whatanime.ga/?url=http://i.4cdn.org/tg/1467885378629s.jpg

Danke, didn't know this site existed

I don't censor my players, but as soon as anybody drops their pants and succeeds a grapple check; it's fade to black time.

I don't need to know what you're about to do to that young green dragon and neither does the rest of the table.

There's a function in 4chanX for it as well.

Was she fat?

As mentioned above, magical realm is pushing your fetish ( be it whatever ) onto your players. It would be alright if everyone was aboard it, but chances are they won't be, and they will be just weirded out.

Sexual characters are not that difficult. However, having a sexual character is very different from characters having sex. You can sweep those under rugs, etc. It is different from just having a sexy character, too.

Consider vampires, who have traditionally ( and more recently ) painted as sexual creatures.
But you don't need sex appeal to make a sexual character. Maybe one of the villains is an amorous, suave shoggoth?

But I am an online player/GM. One limiting aspect would be what all players are ultimately comfortable with. Actual sex, fade to black, you don't need to describe bosom of the BBEG or mention length of her champion's dick. But they can still have the sensual and erotic side to their character.

I think she was overweight, but not grossly so. I also remember she had slightly crooked teeth, and a couple weird moles.
One thing to point out, I am not going to be the most charitable person when it comes to her appearance. I am sure she has attractive qualities, I am just blind to them due to preferences and past experience with her.

You should have banged her, just in case

Like a mature adult

Because its harder to animate and doesnt pull in the moe-bux.