Force of Will

New sets been out about 2 weeks, what are you playing and why is it not Machina?

Other urls found in this thread:

fow.cardgamerobot.com/deck/639
fow.cardgamerobot.com/deck/872/
coretcg.com/catalog/force_of_will_tcg-force_of_will_preorders/force_of_will_darkness_fire_light_water_wind_starter_deck_bundle_bipreorderbi/330243
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>the new fairy support
>the new robot support
>Too inconsistent to hit the RR for Flame King Shout
I'm scared.

But it IS Machina! Kind of unfinished right now but here's what I got so far

Machina, The Mechanical Emperor (Because I think he's way more useful all game than Machina 2.0)

4x March of the Machine Lord
2x Remote Control Golem
4x Clockwork Soldiers
4x Small Assistant, Mariabella
3x Dummy Doll (Dwimmy Doll? God I can't read this font)
2x Remote Control Beast
4x Marybell, Insane Self Aware Machine
4x Engineer of Legnius
3x Clockwork Scout Plane

4x Legnius, the Mechanical City
1x Marybell, the Steel Doll (I am honestly unsure how many of this one to be in the final decklist)
4x Maribella's Work
1x Magic Screw

10x Water Magic Stone (Because honestly the deck doesn't need more cycle, between Machina's Search, Mariabella and Mariabella's Work, the deck is consistent enough and Basic Stones Only helps it out significantly against Non-basic hate)

I'm thinking of replacing the Screw with another Regalia Marybell (I just need to get one), and debating turning the Remote Control Golems into more Remote Control Beasts. Other than that, I think the deck is how I like it.

Locals I went 4-0 playing fow.cardgamerobot.com/deck/639
Green is just better, mana dorks allow tutoring ever single turn, and you just mulligan everything but mana dorks and marches

Flame trap+fks main board is your answer

I play Kaguya with fast flip, turn 2 noble to slow down his dorks, turn 3 flip and ready to cancel his flip, Wall of Wind or Seal of Wind and Light at the ready to stop March shenanigans or final forfeit on noble. Interdimensional Escape to keep the board under control, wipe his 1 cost guys and slow his draw from Mariabella's work down.

I sideboard unseen pressure for if I suspect he is sideboarding artificial moon.

Still a tough matchup.

I want to fuck Piruruk.

I don't understand the Rewriting Laws. It just seems like it's there to thin the deck but not by anything. I'd replace it with Blessing of Yggdrasil for more ramp, if anything.

usually ive been running 2x robox, and 2x tick tock since they combo well with flipped machina, rewriting just something ive been testing

I'd imagine Rewrite is usually there to do just that: thin the deck. At 2 cost and refreshing 2 stones with a draw, unless your opponent decides to cancel the spell it's a free deck thinner in the event where you want to get to the power cards faster and don't want to risk having a non-optimal draw.

I've thought about using it in a few decks that don't have much tutoring/draw options that run on a pretty low card count core.

I'm going to sound dumb, what's robox?

I've tried searching for that card on every major site and I can't find anything with it.

ro-box

Playing a slow deck in this game takes so much fucking effort.

I'm now rebuilding my Knights of the Round table deck, but I'm going to need some of the magic stones from the Valkyria Chronicles set at the end of the month.

They did say in the new set the game is probably gonna slow down 2-3 turns though in the most recent stream.

>tfw got BTFO'd by a turn 3 Huang Long

Guys, what cards can produce Moon mana?

Well you got stones like Moonbreeze's Memoria, Black Moon's Memoria, Magic Stone of Moon Shade/Light.
Moonbreeze Fairy is the moon dork
The Apollo Regalia can if you're using it for an awakening ability, and the Demonic Globe can if you're using it for an activated ability.

Thank you for the response. I'm kind of new to this game, and I got kind of confused when I saw the "Moon" symbol on a card for one of it's "Awakening" abilities.

It's called Yggdrasil. It makes everything go nice and slow. Yggdor has only increased that slowdown.

He's still easy to deal with, much like Alice that comes in when it's almost dead.

They're just doing like a side licensed set?

The second Vingolf set is featuring VC1-3. It's an entire dedicated set featuring the series, including the one that the West never got.

Then we have this.

But at least this and Dual Stones are coming back with Vingolf 2.

And then we get this beast.

Just thinking about it, we haven't seen Selvaria's card yet, right?

>scaled up decade old 3d shit

You weren't expecting them to actually put effort into Vingolf, were you?

I know they like to grab random artists to fill in their card ranks, but sometimes they need to take a second look at some of them.

To be fair, Sega only gave them upscalde decade old 3D shit ripped right from the game.

They should made Vingolf 3 : Dorky Faces edition, and make this guy the art director.

Would've been nice to get some of the Raita art work, but I basically knew it wasn't going to happen when they announced the set.

They probably paid sega license, not raita.

Isn't his art from the project technically Sega Art? It wouldn't be paying him, since he doesn't technically own the art to it.

>Yggdrasil
What is even a viable deck list with that Ruler? Beasts?

RR is better for beasts.
Beasts go fast and hard
Yggdrasil is more for the long game I believe.

Thinking about doing beasts with the quickcast Rat/Squirrel thing and since this is a thing, I was just trying to think of what I can do with it.

Reflect/Refrain G/R beasts is my main deck.
While the 1400/1400 body on Yggdor is impressive, R/R provides just so much fucking utility. I cannot tell you how many times that filter ability drew me exactly what I needed like a sprint of the beast queen or pump spell. Uncovering a target resonator at the end can also be extremely relevant allowing for a "free" attack and the pump works at instant speed as well.

I really just don't want to run the same things as others do in my local shop. It's why my Knights of the Round Table deck really just consists of the Knights themselves. Not perfect, but does pretty damn well considering.

By Sprint I meant Pricia's Call to Action.

You shouldn't be afraid or ashamed to use a good ruler even if other people are using it.
A universal ruler like R/R does not change the deck at all.

I'm not either of those? I just want to build a fun deck, and I've done that with my Knights and wonky Machina one.

Dead thread
Deader game

Pre-rotation I ran a heavy ramp-and-counterspell Yggs deck that would get lots of mana and drop all my Excal-X then alice hits board, usually followed by one or two more.

What did you include in that deck to bide time that long?

4x Keen Sense
4x Wind-Swept Refuge
4x Wind Wall
4x Blessing of Yggdrasil
4x Branch of Yggdrasil

4x Child of the Forest
4x Alice
4x Spirit of Yggdrasil
4x Elvish Mystic
4x Gretel

4x Excal-X

Ramp fast enough that I had a ton of mana out really fast to get my Excals out when I want them, Counterspells to protect myself until I was ready to bring on the Alices.

Wait I got my numbers off. 3 sense, 3 Gretel, 2 Branch. Been a while since I used the deck and didn't doublecheck my numbers.

I just wish they tried.

Vingolf 1 was a sign of how these sets are treated. Then again, the normal sets have quite a few errors and other odd things.

I won't run R/R just on principle. That ruler has been ass cancer for the game.

The sad thing is that it's primarily an American thing with how rampant that ruler is being used. It's not an issue for the most part overseas nor is it seen being used nearly as much as we seem to.

I knew it was coming but I'm still a bit sad.

Thoughts on Apostle Zoo
Blazer Gill Rabus
4x Black Moon's Memoria
3x Sorrowful Necromancy's Memoria
3x Darkness Magic Stone

4x Guinevere Jealous Queen
4x Messenger Familiar
4x Rukh Egg
4x Lancelot The Knight of Mad Demon
4x Interdimensional Monarch, Gill Lapis
4x Izanami The Sealed Terror
3x Adombrali, the Unfathomable
1x Valentina Puppet Monarch
1x Behemoth The Earth Eater
1x Leviathan The First of the Sea
1x Attoractia, Dimension of the Seven Lands
2x Keeper of the Past, Urthr
1x Ywain Knight of Lions
3x Flame King's Shout
3x Soulhunt

>1x Ywain Knight of Lions
Hello Demonflame, my old friend.

It's there for fks if they are playing faeries or machines since that comboss wipes board

taking bets now on if anything in black vingolf will be even remotely playable.

R/R sees a lot of overseas representation in tourney top 8s too. There are the occasional tournament where people will point and say "hey look,

>R/R sees a lot of overseas representation in tourney top 8s too
Mind posting some of the top 8?

ded

Is the meta making any sort of shift or is RR still on top?

We got Razputin and Mozart last time, so I am betting two cards again.

But I am. Not with the big guy though. Mine is mono dark with a heavy discard theme. Machina can get your wincons any time so I just wait until my opponent is out of resources then attack.

Library of Will.

The Italy Master Final was 5 R/R, 3 Shion. Shion won the tournament, for what it is worth. There hasn't been much word on post BoA tournaments yet but supposedly Australia had one where yggdrasil took 5 of the top 8 slots.

My interest in the game is dying.
It's a fun game, but I really don't care for anyone in the shop. Most of them are yugioh player levels of cringe and annoyance.
Meta decks completely stomp everything else, which is to be expected because it's a TCG. But unfortunately for me it makes it hard to run anything that isn't T1 because they're so cheap to build.
It's fast, which can be good but a lot of times it feels way too fast. Even the control decks normally get their boss monsters and win cons out by turn 4-ish

>tree 5/8 top 8
ok im interested, wheres the list

eww nvm they are playing new frontiers

Yeah that's just part of playing a TCG unfortunately. If your local scene is still New Frontier, then you are gonna get the guy who netdecks Turbo Musketeers or Seer of the Blue Moon Crocosharks and derives amusement in t2-t3 wins. Shame the folks at your scene are ruining things for you. As for the general speed of the game, supposedly things are going to slow down in the new cluster, but they've been saying that for a while so who knows.

I was sad to see some of the grimm staples go, but man I am not missing the New Frontier decks.

What deck should I bring to my locals this week ? Should I go green machina, Apostle blazer or necrolance?

So do most of you play at an LGS or do you just have a playgroup? The only store that even sold FoW near me shut down and I've been forced to play with the same 3 guys I know willing to try this game out.

Try apostles blazer. Necrolance is the old bandwagon and green machines is becoming the new bandwagon. If your LGS tries to keep things very competitive, you'll see plenty of both to understand the two decks without having to actually play them and instead better understand the matchups.

Dark Alice Shadow Tribal, with some Undead Arthurs thrown in, and some removal. I do well enough in my local tournies, usually take around third or second.

>So do most of you play at an LGS

A friend and I do, but there's barely a scene here due to the shop kind of screwing over anything that isn't MTG, 40k, or D&D. Basically, there's no good day to run a tournament nor is there a slot to do so because of the sheer amount of events they run for MTG alone. At the moment, there's only one day in the week where MTG isn't having an event being held there. So it's been a bit hard to play in a tournament, except when they try to run it at the same time as Modern is being played. Which, by the way, is a terrible idea since it's been about 7 times so far since February that we've had to cancel it due to how many show up for MTG Modern.

It's all done on purpose as well, there's no other reason to try and run it on that day when the shop is full up on players from Magic, so of course there's no room for anything else that night.

>Cost of 6 to J activate.
>Reduce by 3 if you control Maximilian
Hmm, well that's not too bad, I mean, Aliasse was a hard cast at 5 which makes her nearly unplayable but at least she has promise for explosive otk shenanigans.
>Maximilian also costs 6
God damnit. Is there a good way to cheat this guy onto the field? Turn 7-8 activate if not using ramp is way too fucking slow for this game.

Also, looks like black got poor man's black moonbeam.

>Is there a good way to cheat this guy onto the field?
Maybe something along the lines of discarding him and so on? I'm not too sure, I generally don't run Water/Darkness at all.

The best I can think of is graveyard him into shadow doppelganger shenanigans, but it's still slow and clunky, weak to all forms of graveyard control and destroy effects, ALL to get your ruler out in a reasonable timeframe.

She's going to need some help from the unrevealed cards to be usable even amongst the Vingolf rulers. Still better then red though!

I play at my lgs, we have 12 people each weekend for constructed

Bought a box yesterday and pulled melgis and arla. I'm not really good at deck building so If any could give me some recommendations that would be great.

Are 4 sacred beasts still relevant? I really want to try them out with pricia

Extremely. Although right now it might as well be called Huang Long ramp. You can run either Pricia or R/R as a ruler, both have ups and downs.

Neat. Hopefully my states are running alice cluster only so i can test them out there.

My LGS runs stuff for fow every tuesday/sunday outside of special events with anywhere from 8-14 people showing up on average. Apparently there is another one nearby but i havent checked it out yet.

>buy box of battle for antarctica
>pull machina, full art machina, and uber machina from the same box
>don't really wanna play machines
I wonder if I should sell or hold on to them.

me and my friends have got a good play group of around 7 people but all of us are too much of jews to actually get a palyset of ruler's memoria so we're all waiting until duals are released before playing at an LGS

>have opened a total of 3 boxes, 1 a1, 1 a2, 1a3
>maybe one full art ruler from each box if im lucky and a few other full arts
>still no uber
Maybe one day

I assume this is Attoractia. Melgis' deck basically builds itself. Lancelot and strong 3 drop fire resonators. Then some Guinevere and rukh eggs. Laevaetinn x 4. The less 2-3 drop resonators you run the weaker his flip becomes. Tap Laevaetinn and crash him into an enemy to flip back every turn and keep activating to flood the field.

Pretty sure all boxes are guaranteed a full art ruler, at least from A2 forward I am nearly certain of this. If there are exceptions, they are far and few.

The chances are cited at 1 in 6 boxes to pull a god pack OR an uber from A2 forward. So not getting an uber in 3 boxes is hardly against the odds.

Do we know the full list of Dual Stones we're getting in Vingolf 2, or is it just the same ones basically from Vingolf 1?

Isn't Machina expensive?

Not at all, Machina 1.0 is like $4 on the market and his starter deck is still $15.

I've opened maybe 9 boxes total (though one was MoA and one was CMF) and I've gotten 3 god packs and one uber.

Has anyone tried this deck out?
fow.cardgamerobot.com/deck/872/
It looks extremely fun to play.

On another note; could I get some advice on what to main board and side board in general? For example, right now since alot of people are playing rulers memoria there is alot of regalia, would you want to mainboard hears and barrier of shadows? Or would it be better to keep them in sideboard then switch into them once you see your opponent use them?

That applies to a bunch of TCGs.

coretcg.com/catalog/force_of_will_tcg-force_of_will_preorders/force_of_will_darkness_fire_light_water_wind_starter_deck_bundle_bipreorderbi/330243

So new starter decks are going to be $25 each now?

It says they come with a playmat. If it's an actual playmat and it looks good it might be worth it.

Not expecting it to be anything other than the standard paper ones that usually come with starter decks. Jordan mentioned the prices will be increasing in the new ones, but never really said why they well. I'm hoping it is something decent, bu the boxes just don't look big enough to be getting a decent one with them.

>coretcg.com/catalog/force_of_will_tcg-force_of_will_preorders/force_of_will_darkness_fire_light_water_wind_starter_deck_bundle_bipreorderbi/330243
3 boosters, and 2 six sided die seem niice, also cards not printed yet

Also mainly wonder if they were going to release the standard ones they had for the Alice Cluster just with the cards, or if this is the new format they'll be doing from now on with them.