pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=J2QsbFOCeD4
youtu.be/u3fyt322eGo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Rolled Tower of God, trying to decide how fucked I am. What's the danger/power level like? Comparable to Bleach/Naruto? Fairy Tail? Hopefully way less?

Just in case you didn't see my last post .

Jump 91: Neopets
>Page of Pentacles, reversed (Irrationality and failure to recognize obvious facts, coupled with a poor work ethic.)
Oh come on, it's Neopets! There is literally NOTHING TO TAKE SERIOUSLY HERE.
>Age: 15
>Location: Darigan Citadel
>Identity: Scholar (-100)
>Drawbacks: It's Just A Carrot (+200)
That's... not how carrots are normally shaped, you know. ew.
>Studious (Free, Scholar)
I am pretty sure I had the patience to do this before, but it never hurts to have it spelled out.
>Arcane Education (1000, Scholar)
Joy. Magic! Let's go with darkness, just to change it up a little.
>Accelerated Arcanum (800, Scholar)
Increased study speed with magic? Yes please.
>Archmage (400, Scholar)
So I've mastered darkness? Right then. I can work with this.
>Fyora's Rod (0, Scholar)
Speaking of 'I can work with this, I'll be taking THAT, thank you.

I... have absolutely no idea how things are going to go. On the one hand there's plenty of potential for adventure, given the way the jump is laid out.

But on the other... it's fucking Neopets!

What's been shown so far? Less then any of the ones you've mentioned by far.

Nah, it's fine. I think I'll just use my heavily enchanted sword to fight him. It has some fairly powerful Holy/Bane of Evil enchantments applied.

And if it come down to it, I picked up a perk from Overlord just for this sort of situation, anyway.

>Use Any Magic Item: A rare and potent innate talent. You possess the power to use any
magical item regardless of whether or not you actually meet the prerequisites or conditions
normally required to use it. Wield a Holy Avenger as a blackhearted demon? No problem. A book of spells only powerful wizards could even open, much less learn from, when you’re a fighter? You can use it. A specific magic item intended solely for its creator and that repels the touch of anyone else? As far as it's concerned you are its creator. While this innate talent has a very narrow effect within its purview it is virtually flawless.

Hey /jc/, is a simple method to make acceleration to faster than light travel possible and reasonable?

By mundane physics, things with mass can't hit light speed, but there's got to be a solution besides just hand-waiving the problem away with 'magic perks' or 'super-science perks'.

How would people feel about an Aurora 4x jump?

>There is literally NOTHING TO TAKE SERIOUSLY HERE.
Except for the colony drop and the godlike fairies who can fuck your shit up.

It's fucking Neopets. I wouldn't even take a colony drop seriously here.

Why can't you quote correctly?

>Use Any Magic Item: A rare and potent innate talent. You possess the power to use any magical item regardless of whether or not you actually meet the prerequisites or conditions normally required to use it. Wield a Holy Avenger as a blackhearted demon? No problem. A book of spells only powerful wizards could even open, much less learn from, when you’re a fighter? You can use it. A specific magic item intended solely for its creator and that repels the touch of anyone else? As far as it's concerned you are its creator. While this innate talent has a very narrow effect within its purview it is virtually flawless.

It's not that hard, just don't press enter at random parts of the quote, dumbass.

Whats a good reverse engineering perk you can take early (I.E. in a safe-ish setting)?

Possible?
I stole the Professor's Drive from Futruama

Reasonable? Fucked if I know.

Okay so explain what happened to the MK jump

I had this whole story arc planned and shit and then it disappeared on me

Am I just fucking blind?

Jump 92: Wheel of Time
>The Moon (Occult forces, sensitivities and intense dreams.)
...gee, y'think?
>Age: 21
>Location: Seanchan
I don't know who this Sean guy is, but I don't like his chans. I would rather have four chans please.
>Identity: Drop-In
>Drawbacks: Gai'shan (+100), Miasma (+200), Chosen (+300)
I'm stuck acting as a servant for an Aiel, in a place where anyone with power is scorned and controlled on a GOOD day. Let it not be said that life is not interesting. I think it's going to be amusing when shadowspawn start screwing with the guys here though. Less entertaining when one of the Forsaken comes after me, though.
>The Oneness (1500)
Because the setting's names aren't already bad enough. Bad guys are Darkfriends. Concentrating on a task is The Oneness. God damn, I'm going to come back here post spark and either give these people some fucking imagination, or turn it into a Saturday morning cartoon show.
>The Dark One's Own Luck (1250, Drop-In)
Plot armor, you say?
>The One Power (650, Drop-In)
Speaking of needing some god damned imagination. Oooh, spooky, it's that one power! This sounds like the opening to an Annoying Orange skit.
>Dice (Free, Drop-In)
...ivory dice? Well, I guess they're nice. Into the treasure room!
>Bag of Coin (600)
And this into the treasure room also, we don't need whoever I'm supposed to be acting as a servant for to take it.
>Sa'Angreal (0)
This on the other hand... hello, into my magical conglomeration of doom you go!

You know, I'm going to serve out my 366 days, but as soon as that ends I'm going to derail the plot with a vengeance.

Befriending. BEFRIENDING FOR EVERYONE.

God I hate Wheel of Time; so much wasted potential.

Huh, Tower of God isn't actually that dangerous to most. You can just ease your way into things, taking the Trials only when you feel you're ready and so on. However if you are an Irregular get ready to be picked on by the local Small Gods of each Floor. The second strongest dude in the Tower is an Irregular who murdered the crap out of one of the Guardians so a few of them just fucking hate people like him now. However if you manage to keep you head down until you get enough power and ability over Shinsoo you'll be fine. I'd recommend Legacy even if you aren't of the Great Families for the instant ten years of training with the new energy you know of.

Yep, U.A.M.D is awesome.

Perhaps they're used to a different format or forum?

MCU has Retro Engineering and it is awesome.

The one that looked all imaged and shit?

yeah, that was from a guy who got tweeted at to come in and make it after we already had a guy claim it. We kicked it out after the other guy said "please no, let me work on this."

>Perhaps they're used to a different format or forum?
This is correct. I haven't quite gotten used to enlarging the reply box before I paste.

>Use Any Magic Item: A rare and potent innate talent. You possess the power to use any magical item regardless of whether or not you actually meet the prerequisites or conditions normally required to use it. Wield a Holy Avenger as a blackhearted demon? No problem. A book of spells only powerful wizards could even open, much less learn from, when you’re a fighter? You can use it. A specific magic item intended solely for its creator and that repels the touch of anyone else? As far as it's concerned you are its creator. While this innate talent has a very narrow effect within its purview it is virtually flawless.

Better?

Jump 93: Legend of Mana
>Wheel of Fortune (An unexpected turn of good fortune.)
I think this means I don't have to roll to see how well I do against a 600 point drawback.
>Age: 20
>Location: Irrelevant
>Race: Human
>Drawbacks: No Future (+600)
Speaking of 600 point drawbacks. I'm going to be grinding against black rabites for a long time, aren't I?
>Abilities and Techniques (1500)
Because why get such abilities if I can't apply them to everything I use in combat?
>Green Thumb (1400)
So I can grow plants better? Sounds good to me.
>Duba Bubu? (1300)
And not only can I understand dudbears, I can also understand wookies!
>The Path of the Blacksmith (1100)
Well, this looks like it's going to be a very important part of surviving for the next however many years.
>Basic Golemology (900)
So let's use golems to do my dirty work for me.
>Tempering Tycoon (300)
I'm pretty sure that combining this with the other two perks I've attained will lead to some very interesting results.
>Mailbox (Free)
Gee. I've always wanted a mailbox for my warehouse.
>Blacksmithy (200)
This on the other hand... I don't recall if I have such a thing attached to my warehouse, but I definitely do now!
>Golem Laboratory (0)
A place to build golems and such automatons? Sounds good to me.

So. A decade spent grinding my way up to the more dangerous critters. This is going to be quite the ordeal, but as long as I play it smart, I'm pretty sure I should be able to go all the way.

Mass Effect FTL is simple in it's theory and application, but you need Eezo to make it work, so that might not be up your alley.

...However, Dead Space features gravity manipulation, which they use to form a Alcubierre/Shockpoint Drive, so maybe that?

Ah, that sucks. Thanks. At least I have an excuse to do Dogs of War or something now. I need me some vampire women. Delicious heresy.

Does anyone else write unholy amounts of shit for every jump?

That's just me, isn't it

Nigga if we could figure that shit out do you think we'd be here, bullshitting around, playing make-believe?

Hell no.
We'd be orbiting Alpha Centauri, bullshitting around and playing make-believe.

Maybe an Alcubierre Drive? It's still sci-fi, but it's the closest thing to 'realistic' that you could get.
Or maybe an Einstein-Rosen Bridge? It's a bit more out there, though, imo.

This user might be on to something. Dead Space FTL relies on the fact that they actually developed the Grand Unified Theorem, which let's them play with gravitons like we play with electrons.

God you're needlessly anal.

That name seems familiar. Is it the super duper realistic space simulator that has a shitton of windows and maybe spreadsheets and no real graphics.

That one'd be cool.

Thanks. Another quick question: if you're an Irregular who takes King's Chosen, will breaking the rules make many more people want to kill you than already did?

Has the dude who claimed it posted any WIP?

Can I say how that's one of my favorite little tidbits about Dead Space? It's what drove me to find each and every one of those notes in the games, because that's the only place they ever talked about it.

Nope. He vanished shortly after voicing his complaint.

New Chain Time!

>Hello everyone! Welcome, to Generic Chain NºLike-hell-I'm-counting-all-of-those! I'm your host [INTENSE ELDRITCH NOISES], but you may call me Jessie. And here with me, providing snarky commentary (but not really), is our lovely tes- protagonist, Jay!
You were going to say 'test subject', wasn't you?
>...Of course not. That would be mean. Are you saying I'm mean to you Jay? How dare you! After everything I've-
You threw me in Borderlands as my first jump.
>You're a tough boy, you could take it. You did, in fact!
Hell, you didn't even appear to offer a deal, or ask or anything. One moment I'll comfy, asleep in the safety of my home, the next this asshole is shaking me awake and screaming, we're in a bus, and he's kicking me out, and I'm in the middle of Nowhere Desert. Also, have wings.
>Woah, stop right there. I din' du nuffin'. You agreed to everything out of your own free will. The destination was set to Pandora, yes, but you chose all the details. Even the wings. It's not my fault that your ((Meta Awareness)) and ((Transdimensional Lore)) are so low that you can't remember the ((Point Allocation)).
THE FUCK!?
>Thanks for proving my point.
NO, seriously, what the fuck was that?
>Ask me again after Lovecraft. Or after meeting Wade, whichever comes first.
Lovec- No. Não. Nope. Nuh-huh. Hell no. Fuck that shit with fire.
>Ah, common sense. Be sure to conserve it, wouldn't want to run out of it, right? Now come on, we're running out of ((Post Space)), so let's do this at once. People might get bored otherwise.

>Jumpchain CYOA Thread #937: Alien-Squid-Dolphin Edition
Oh look, another hip twat who misnumbers the new thread to be ironic.

But Mass Effect FTL is also bullshit.
youtube.com/watch?v=J2QsbFOCeD4

Nope, and you've seen the last few arguments unless you're completely daft. Nothing good will come of advocating we keep the imaged one because the user who claimed it hasn't given it up.

Body Mod
>[000] Heavy
>[100] Athlete
Well, this is nice. Didn't change much, but thanks anyways.
>[050] I Stregth
>[100] II Endurance
>[000] II Speed
>[000] II Dexterity
>[000] 0 Appeal
>[000] 0 Shape
>[100] II Senses
>Huh, though you would have gone for more strenght, or maybe get rid of acne, you hate those.
Yeah, but as someone who had to use glasses for almost my entire life? Having good vision is worth the sacrifice, oh so very much.
>[000] Flexibility I
>[150] Winged
You said I chose it?
>Yep.
I mean, I can see the benefits, and I always wanted to get on the Air Force and all that. But they can be really inconvenient at times, restrict armor and equip choices. Not to mention the feathers match my hair. The guys in Pandora were rather chill with the 'fallen angel' jokes, but what if I had gone to some supersticious medieval place? Or somewhere with actual fallen angels? That would end badly.
>Well, spilt milk and all that. Maybe you should look for some shapeshifting.
>[100] Metavore
Awww Yissss.
>Ah, the sin of Gluttony. Stay classy, Jay.
Hey, good food is one of the greatest joys of life. And I'll still eat healthy, regardless. Besides, this fixed my liver, for which I shall be eternally thankful. Thank you again, by the way.
>Don't worry, sweety. I'm sure you'll need it.
...And that's not ominous, at all. Great

Basically everyone... however I'm not the user who wrote that so that's just what I understand from the comic/Jump as written.

I really like this idea. It'd be kinda cool to have it happen like that.

Forgot my name these last few posts, sorry.

Does Primordial Might from SMT increase your durability any?

>And here we are!

1. Borderlands
Did you really have nowhere else to send me to?
>Well, I could have just sent you to Pokémon, but that would be too mainstream.
What's that even supposed to mean? Also, that would have been great.
>And very misleading! You would have gotten lured into some false sense of security, and would get screwed the moment you landed in Marvel or some actually dangerous place.
Okay, that does make sense. In a roundabout, fucked up, 'hard love' way.
>I'm not your enemy, Jay. In fact, I'm cheering for you, wishing for you to succeed.
...thanks.
>[000] Old Haven (Rolled 5)
>[000] Drop In
Fucking Nowhere, The Middle of. Population: Lot of assholes.
>[000] Boom, Baby, Boom
>Cool guys don't look at explosions~ They blow things up and then walk away~
Who's got time to look at explosions?~ There's cool guy errands they have to walk to~
>[100] Fight for your Life
It's kinda dificult to aim when you have a baseball-sized hole in your guts, but hey, not complaining.
>[100] INCOMPREHENSIBLE SUBTITLE
Who the hell I think you are? I'll tell you: IT DOESN'T MATTER WHO THE FUCK YOU ARE!
>[100] Your Face Will Remember That
>And now you'll always know when you've traumatized the time-travelling BBEG's child self.
So help. Much use. Woah.
>[200] Badass
>[200] Legendary Luck
>No sassy coment?
Those two saved my fucking life so many times. They're awesome.
>[300] Action Skill: Phase Pierce
Definitely worth the weird looks. People tend to stop making jokes after you snipe a fucker from the other side of a city. With a pistol.
>[000] ECHO

>And this is where the prologue pastebin link would be.
>You know.
>IF WE HAD ONE.
Don't look at me like that. Not my fault.
>Oh, don't worry, It's not yours. It's ((Yours)). Yes, I'm talking to ((You)), right there, ((Behind the Screen)).
((STOP. THAT. IT'LL GET DONE WHEN IT GETS DONE))
*Winces*
> Whatever.

>Nothing good will come of advocating we keep the imaged one because the user who claimed it hasn't given it up.
In that case, I'm claiming all of exalted right now. See you guys in eventually if I ever actually make it.

Yeah.

Actually, Babylon already claimed that one.

inb4 some kind of fallacy designed to showcase what that user is complaining about currently.

Not trying stir anything up. However did he post as a name or something? Did anyone record his actual IP. Not advocating jump stealing, but if he was just another user who didn't put his mark on things. How we know if someone claims to be him, and throws down a jump or even a WIP?

Not that I'm advocating anyone to do so.

Hey /JC/ other than rolling, what do you think is a good way to order your jumps? How do you make the call?

We don't. But we do need to trust that people will stick to their claims. If someone does it like that guy up there claiming exalted, then yeah, ignore it because it's obviously bullshit. But if someone, not during a shitstorm, claims a jump, then they shouldn't have to give out their IP or something so that people will believe them.

Arcs? Strings of jumps back to back that all have a unifying theme? Like a Magic!arc, Bio!arc, etc.

Ask the thread to toss you to different places?

Or just choose for yourself. That's what I do.

"Increasing level of difficulty/danger" or "Whatever lets you tell the story you want to tell"

It doesn't really matter considering he's never coming back. If someone else wants to make it, they should go ahead, that guy's claim is as solid as air.

>jump stealing
>when someone claims something with no credibility that they'll uphold it.
Yeah, no.

My claim on exalted is more legitimate than that other guys claim though. At least I'm posting here right now and will probably be in every thread for the foreseeable future.

Really? What proof do we have? That guy was at least present for several threads, while you've only posted in this one. From what I see, you've got less claim then he had at the time, yet you're saying yours is more legitimate?

Except for the whole "already claimed" thing. It might help to use a franchise that isn't already being worked on as an example. It shouldn't be that hard to find something, it's 600-ish Jumps against the sum of human culture.

Autism the Video

For fuck sake, it's a Sci-fi universe. With some exceptions, you need to just accept FTL as a fact of the setting.

>yelling at the setting for pretending it knows special relativity
>while he himself is pretending at the same

>Theoretical fictional tech involving a theoretical principle has merit, but I'm going to bring it into the real world so I can properly bitch without your supporting sciences getting in the way.

People still watch these idiots?

It's been fun.
In jumpchain I just roll d100 yearly for survival, percentage of success dependent on particular factors/Drawback. I also roll once for every drawback to see how badly it screws with me.

If you wanna you could take it up with the Anons IRC (Link in OP) however Babylon user has already delivered the goods before and has said he'd do so again, so in truth he has more legitimacy than you. Basically in Jumpchain if you wanna make a Jump you take it up as long as no one else has it.
If someone does already have it then usually I've seen two reactions. First they agree to collaborate or second one or the other steps down from the plate whilst the other finishes the Jump.
This is merely my own opinion and thus has no influence upon the rules as written.

>Now, before we proceed, I have a gift for you.
...?
>Your own, personal pocket dimension!
What's the catch?
>None, silly! ...I mean, it looks like your regular warehouse, and it's up to you to find a way to summon and banish things there. But otherwise? Completely safe. No drawbacks.
I- Okay.

Warehouse
>[010] Electricity
>[010] Pumbling
>The basics.
>[020] Forcewall
Completely impenetrable, you say...
>Just don't decide to spend all your time inside. Remember-
"Live an interesting life", I know. Still, its a good last resort, in case I anger a dragon or something.
>[000] Shelving
>[020] Medbay
Not dying is always nice.
>[060] Stasis Pods x3
Wait, I can bring other people with me?
>Yes. They have to come out of their own free will, though. Not everyone is willing to leave all they've ever know behind just because a cosmic entity asked them to. Also, there may be special opportunities to recruit people, so you won't always need those.
>[030] Free Space
>SPAAAAAAACE!
That was bad, and you should feel bad.
>You still smiled.
...okay, yeah, fine.

>Why, thanks! It's so good that SOMEONE appreciates my creative talent.
Hey *snaps fingers* can you please stop talking to your fellow Outer Gods and continue this whole... thing here?
>Oh my fucking- They're not my 'fellow Outer Gods', they're - how can I explain with mininal SAN loss - It's like Deadpool, you know.
...Like, 4th Wall and- Is my life a fucking cartoon!?
>Fanfiction, actually.
I- bu- H- wa- gurh *deep breath* Okay, okay. So I'm, like, a Mary Sue Self-Insert avatar that's going to stomp over the multiverse?
>From a certain viewpoint? Yes. I do hope we'll have some quality content, though.
Oh. Okay, that's- that's fine. I can deal with... having a boring life of winning everything forever. There's worse fates to be had.

Look in the comments section.
Not only do people watch these idiots, they compliment them and thank them for giving them insights.

>Criticizing someone for autism
>In a place where the main export is autism

Not saying I support him but I can't believe he didn't mention the creation of energy ex nihilo thing Mass Effect guns have got going on. Did they ever explain how that was supposed to work?

He makes Autistic people look normal he's so Autistic.

And I think he was specifically targeting the FTL.

I think the idea is that they don't actually create energy when they transition from the low-mass state to high-mass state with no velocity change, they just draw it from the mass effect field. But that's still really sketchy physics.

Honestly on all of the videos of his that I have seen he just kind of grabs one tangent of the subject and goes off on that ignoring everything else and taking whatever he has to some absurd extreme.

What's funny, is that Science has proven that speed of light isn't as constant as it was once thought. He probably never mentioned the entire tech is based on highly advanced civilization that had millions of years to perfect it (Leviathans) and their creations (Reapers) were responsible for seeding the galaxy to make civilizations develop on a predictable path so they can harvest them to reproduce when time is right.

Wait, wouldn't that defeat the purpose of the Mass Effect field in the first place?
I thought they were supposed to be more energy efficient or something?

Maybe it's just easier/cheaper/less resource intensive for them to make a gun that works on wonky MacGuffin physics than an actual railgun. Less parts to replace every couple of rounds. I'd buy that.

Sorry, not MacGuffin physics, Phlebotinum physics.

>He probably never mentioned

Of course he doesn't mention it, logic gets in the way of his BEING CORRECT.

But never we mind his need to be correct because it's all JUST A THEORY. Despite him pushing it as fact.

Rolled 551, 223, 95 = 869 (3d595)

>Now, with that out of the way, onto the real business. Here's how things will be, I'll ((Roll)) three jumps-
Stop doing... whatever that is. It's giving me headaches.
>-and them I'll let you chose between them. Just so you can't blame about the location (you big crybaby).
Heard that.
>Now let's get this shit done.

Jump 94: Homeworld
>Seven of Swords (A desperate attempt to resolve a matter without conflict. The use of cleverness or outright deception to turn the tide in your favor.)
Because the enemy cannot adapt to... DIPLOMACY!
>Age: 28
>Location: Kharak Orbit
youtu.be/u3fyt322eGo
>Identity: Drop-In
>Drawbacks: The Greatest War (+1000)
Okay, yeah, there's no fucking way that diplomacy is going to work. But getting my enemies to fight each other? That's promising.
>Unbound (1700, Drop-In)
WE WILL NOT BE BOUND!
>Capital Ship: Carrier (1500)
If I'm going to be in a position to guide a fleet, I'm going to damn well make sure I can build one. Of course, with any amount of luck, I can convince the Hiigarans to permit me to buy more carriers from them... one is good, but not sufficient for resupply and bolstering the fleet on short notice.
>Sajuuk (300)
And if I'm going to be in a position to guide a fleet, I'm damned well going to make it worthwhile. It's going to take a long time to build, but I'm going to bring Sajuuk to bear.
>Progenitor Dreadnaught (Free, Sajuuk)
So. This is the craft I'm tethered to, then. On the plus side, it is better than even the two Dreadnaughts that are the key to Sajuuk. On the negative... well, repairing it is going to be a chore. But with the carrier, I can make repair corvettes and frigates to attend to such duties.
>Advanced Phased Telemetry (200, Frigate+ Class)
This is how you use Unbound to truly control all aspects of a fleet. As time goes on I'll be working this technology into all of the craft under my control - I shall stand at the ready, conducting battles as a lesser man might conduct an orchestra.

>Inertialess Drive (0, Frigate+ Class)
This... this is a technology I will keep in reserve. When the time comes, I'll have the Dreadnaught upgraded appropriately, but it will be a long time until it's installed where it belongs.
>Great Core (Free, Sajuuk)
Secreted within the Dreadnaught, no doubt - I can bring a fleet across the galaxy with this. And unlike the Hiigaran core during their flight from their scorched home, this is not working at six percent efficiency - this one fully operational.

This will be a very long jump. And I will be spending a great deal of time in cold sleep, between scenarios, but I have every intention of having a hand in all three of these scenarios. My greatest challenge is going to be taking everything appropriately, rather than just using some out-of-context ability to pave my way through what is clearly the HILARIOUSLY BROKEN fleet scaling that was in the Remastered release before it was patched.

Guess how completely fucked the later missions were for me before that was patched? We are talking HUNDREDS of ion cannon frigates, dozens of cap ships...

But enough about that. Let's take these scenarios one at a time, shall we?

Well, the point is less that they're energy efficient and more that it gives you unlimited ammo because the actual projectiles are the size of a grain of sand. Though I never liked that idea. It makes the specialty ammo completely nonsensical. The sad thing is, when they switched to the ammo-based system in ME2, they could have easily fixed it. Instead of saying "everyone decided to stop using the integrated cooling systems in the guns and now ONLY use disposable heat sinks", they could have just had it that the guns fired larger, heavier rounds for better penetration in this more dangerous era. Limited ammo again, no need for the stupidity of thermal clips, ammo powers make sense, everyone wins.

Kharak. Desert planet. Your time has come. As I arrive, the Exiles are simultaneously launching their craft to intercept the Taiidan frigates attacking the cryo trays. One Dreadnaught of unknown design, launched to intercept, lobbing plasma at the frigates and aiming to cripple them - and a lone carrier of design suspiciously similar to one the Kushan have a theoretical plan for. Regardless, the Dreadnaught cripples the frigates' drives and flips them about in space from the sheer force of its projectiles, and they're promptly captured by the Hiigarans-to-be. I remain silent, withdrawing until they make contact with me; I explain that I was thrown from another universe, lacking technical data, but confirm that I am using a carrier of their design. I know their objective. They need to reach Hiigara. I cannot offer advice on how to do it, but what I can do is offer my support. While the Dreadnaught cannot get involved for the most part... I can lend them support with my carrier, if they share technical data so that I may bolster my fleet.

Cooperative campaign is a go.

Much happens the way it otherwise would, until we reach the Great Nebula. I tell the Exiles not to use their harvesters and to remain in place - and the Dreadnaught advances instead, ever so slowly. Once I am well enough away from them, I announce myself.

>"Brothers. Sisters. I have been sent here at the behest of He Whose Hand Shapes What Is. I am not his chosen, but witness: I am his herald, his prophet, and he has sent me to your Garden. I know of your defeat of the raiders who thought they could take what they wanted from the Garden, and I congratulate you on a job well done. Come forth, and let us speak of what was and what is to be."

Technically the mass effect guns are railguns, with a mass effect field also playing part in there. iirc you reduce the mass of the projectile, then accelerate the low mass projectile with the rails, then it leaves the mass effect field and returns to it's former mass without losing speed somehow. It would make more sense in a way if it was using the mass effect field to accelerate the projectile without modifying it's mass, as the mass effect field does not have to have any components near the projectile, and you could have the acceleration of the projectile/gun from the mass effect field counteract the recoil from the railgun. Course as far as science that relies upon the fact that mass effect fields do not themselves transfer back on the device that produces them they straight up ignore the entire action and reaction thing.

I go off node points. I pick a setting I know alot about and think about how I'd want to change the plot. Then I go through jumps that give me the perks I need to pull it off. I keep the in depth writing to the node points and do random stuff for the in between ones.

and thank you captcha, that statue had a very aesthetic stone penis.

The Exiles were understandably shocked when a trio of Kadeshi motherships appeared from the clouds of the nebula and activate hyperspace inhibitors, boxing in my Dreadnaught. The Exiles are told to remain calm, and all shall become clear. And then I turn the diplomacy up full-force, abusing every bit of information that I should not know to bolster my position.

>"There is a great evil that drove you here. Drove you from your home, from Hiigara. For thirteen generations, you have watched. Waited. Kept the Garden of Kadesh from those who are unclean. Behold, your lost brothers and sisters - trapped for thirteen generations upon a desert world, Kharak, destroyed by that same great evil. All of you are the children of Hiigara, and fate has decreed that they are to return to the birthplace of our people. Fate has left unspoken whether you are to join them. Whether you shall hide forevermore within the sacred Garden... join them in purging the great evil... or set foot once more upon the ground of your home. It is up to you.

Much more discussion came after this... but not a shot was fired. In time, they came to state that their place was no longer on the ground, but amongst the stars in their holy place - but to drive a stake into the heart of the evil that drove them there would be nothing less than a holy war, and they took up arms beside the Exiles. Ship designs were shared between the two of them, and while their technologies were only barely compatible, it meant the Exiles still got multi-gun corvettes. And I, as Sajuuk's prophet... got the designs of their swarm fighters.

Hey, gotta start somewhere.

234. Darkest Dungeon
Origin: Vicious
Classes: Apprentice Occultist (-100)
Estate: Stage Coach, Familiar Faces (-100), Town Square, Graveyard (-100), Alchemist (-200), Blacksmith (-200)
Perks: Ancestor's Shade, Heir's Light, Self Made Men (-100), Animal Cunning, Death By Inches (-100), Dance Around Death (-150), Foes in Disarray (-150), Executed With Impunity (-200)
Dungeons: Prophet (+300), The Hag (+300), The Swine King (+300), The Drowned Crew (+300), The Darkest Dungeon
Drawbacks: The Collector (+300)
Rewards: Stalwart Heroes [Chimmy, Asriel, Falco, Occultist], The Dankest Estate, Ancestor's Shade

So, I'm laying there on the weird fleshy floor, my whole crew dead and that weird pulsing thing finally falling down, with my clip emptied and whatever unholy things that survived our trip up here circling, and I'm thinking to myself that this is probably a loss that I deserve. I mean, I won, technically, but I sent too many people to their death to do it. Bleeding out on the floor of some dead non-ancestor is something I deserve, really.

Still, they saved this world, and were given heroes burials. I lost the Vestal after I knocked her out for spitting on the Abomination's grave. That did earn me some accolades from Chimmy, though Chris was shocked. That's a good memory to think about when you die. A combination of pride and the nervousness of someone who thought they knew you.

>"Are you done being melodramatic?"
Jumpchan picked me up. There was no weight to her lifting me, just a sense of motion as a (100-pounds soaking wet) young lady lifted up a rat monster.
>"You won. Don't worry about getting up, though, I'm hauling this whole place into the next universe."

To refute the video, his assertion is based on the idea that Speed of Light is ABSOLUTELY static, where as he's explicitly wrong in that C is always relative to its observes own velocity. Speed of Light could be flexible, it's not his fucking place to make the assertion that it isn't.

Also, the only reason light takes years to travel from point A to point B, is because of our own speed as particles jostling against each other on a planet orbiting a sun moving through space in a galaxy moving who knows how fast. C is always constant relative to the perspective of the observer, regardless of who the observer is or how fast they're moving, but not constant in real terms due to time dilation.

Linear cannon, technically, not railgun. I don't think they actually come in contact with the projectile.

Doesn't that setting have something that rapes physics even harder than Element Zero called trans-newtonian metals?

Jump pretty much at random, every 25 Jumps do a Jump that's really out of my Pay Grade, occasionally do Jumps to set things up to fit my ideas of what I do in that Jump or because they're fun/cool.

Much of the remaining journey went as might be expected - the Kadeshi fighters had a key hand in negating the ghost ship's control, and the Bentusi shared super heavy chassis technology with the both of them, while I simply got to catch up with what I could produce with my carrier, and with the application of what I already have, it means I can operate them all unmanned. The combination of technologies under my design, Kushan and Kadeshi, makes for an interesting series of ships - ultimately they are no more effective than either side's, but they are slightly more compact, and lean toward the better in all respects.

The Kadeshi are ecstatic to receive super-heavy chassis research; this alone would have justified their journey out of the nebula. One of the two motherships that accompanied us out returns to the nebula, in order to make sure they have that technology and can build upon it for the future.

The attack on the Bentusi trade ship is routed quickly, though my carrier and the Dreadnaught both take damage as a result from a pair of heavy cruisers. Only partially repaired before the next jump, we are caught in a trap and all strike craft neutralized due to gravity wells. Fortunately, the trap was not for us, but for Captain Elson, a Taiidani rebel. Once the trap is dealt with, I go with the Kadeshi fleet, and let the Exiles follow up with him.

On our way to Hiigara, we act as the diversion to help them fly under the radar. Outposts are raided, technologies stolen, I manage to capture a Taiidani carrier and a couple of missile destroyers for myself (to say nothing of what the Kadeshi capture - salvage corvette army, anyone?), and we push on to Hiigara, reconnecting with the Exile fleet at the hyperspace inhibitor.

Anybody know where I can get a clockwork! alt-form?

They did in the first game, there was an upgrade, "Frictionless Materials" for the guns to reduce friction on the rails. Also two of the Barrel Upgrade were named such to imply rails, with the names of, "Rail Extension", and "Scram Rail".

Girl Genius? Yes Girl Genius can get you that if you become the Science Experiment.

You could Import a tech/industrial/steampunk/whatever pantheon into percy jackson and use the monster tree to create your altform.
I don't actually know of any such pantheons off hand but i"m sure they are out there.

>Well, here's your options. #1: Twilight.
...'Sparkles'?
>*nods*
Bwaahahahahahaa. Fuck that.
>2nd is Generic Parenting.
Wait, what?
>Sorry, can't explain them. You'll have to draw your own conclusions.
>And, behind door number three, we have Claymore.
Fuck, the only thing I know about it is it has a ton of monsters and superhuman girls with bigass swords.
>I'm actually surprised you know about it, at all.
I... might have read a fanfic about it. It was a crossover.
>Let me guess: Naruto.
Fate, actually.
>*sighs* Anyways, (The List) is not quite up to date, so if none of the rolls are appealing, you'll also have the option to go to Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt. This is valid for any future new jumps, but only until they get included on (The List).
...Is that the one with the slutty angels?
>...
>...fuck you Internet. Just choose one, already.

The codex says differently. Then again, the codex tends to retcon how in-game items work a lot. Like, the particle beam ammo from the first game got retconned in the second into being completely impossible with any Citadel race's technology, going by the Collector Particle Beam's description. I don't think there was much effort put into coordinating it.

If you're asking us to choose for the Jumper, then Claymore.

I think I remember something about the codex stuff being written up first and separately, then no one bothering to check with it before they did something in the game writing that ended up contradicting it. It's also worse between games where they clearly didn't check back for what they had previously done.

With the two fleets, the field generator at the Bridge of Sighs was annihilated, and the defending force... well, let's just say that this is where the Kadeshi knew that the Exiles were their brothers. Both sides sent in strike forces to distract the numerous defending frigates, before capturing them for salvage and using that to bolster their fleets. No less than eighty percent of those hundreds of frigates were captured and broken down by the Kushan and Kadeshi motherships and carriers. (Lucky me; I got a portion of them as well.) It was understood from that point forward that the Kadeshi and I would be dealing largely with strike craft, corvettes and frigates on the final approach to Hiigara, while the Exiles themselves would be primarily focused on heavy ships - destroyers and heavy cruisers.

And then, as we approached the Hiigaran system, we were wrenched out of hyperspace on the edge of the system and an asteroid was sent out way, on a collision course with the Exile mothership. An asteroid with a supporting fleet. At this point... the Kadeshi broke out their secret weapon: multibeam frigates. While the Exiles fought the defending cruisers and destroyers, the Kadeshi carved the asteroid to pieces most expertly. And then... we entered orbit around Hiigara.

Within range of the Emperor.

Whatever voodoo he worked on Karan to take her out of action... it worked on me, too. I was still able to guide my fleet, but 'sluggish' is too optimistic a word. It took me minutes to command the AI running my ships and it went very poorly for me as a result - my destroyers were lost, my carrier crippled, and if not for the Kadeshi covering for me, the Dreadnaught would have been destroyed by the simply massive fleet waiting there that came for us all.

Give them a child!

Generic Parenting. Single Dad Chain sounds like fun.

In the end, I could only engage in one tactic that I know would work. I had dozens of strike craft under my command, and I sent them for the Emperor's mothership. Every single one of them.

He was fighting off the uncoordinated attacks of the Exiles, and his defenses were minimal at that point. The multi-beam frigates of the Kadeshi were punching well above their weight class, and for every two of them that was lost, a heavy cruiser or two destroyers were destroyed.

When it was least expected... my masses of fighters got into position above and below his mothership. And with one last command as I slipped into unconsciousness, I gave them their final command: kamikaze.

I woke once more after the battle had been won. My attack was not crucial - victory, as it turns out, had been inevitable - but it sped things along handily and losses were greatly lessened. When all was said and done... I left to rest within the Garden of Kadesh. I knew I would be needed again in the future, and I told the Hiigarans that when their time of need came... to send someone to awaken me, and I would aid them.

In the meantime, I made the Kadeshi an offer: I had a ship that needed to be built. A greater undertaking than any ship they had ever built before, but I could tell them how to build a shipyard that could assemble it. I could share its technologies, so that they might incorporate them into their own vessels.

And then, I slept.

Years later, I was awoken with the news of an impending Imperial attack upon Hiigara. Relations between the Hiigarans and Kadeshi were friendly, though for obvious reasons the rest of the galaxy simply wanted nothing to do with Kadesh - which was fine by me, since all they ever wanted was to protect their Garden from the unclean. Still, I responded with a carrier, serving largely in a support role. After things had been mopped up, I offered to help the Kuun-Lan; after all, I was already awake, and I quietly confided that there was more to come; best to ensure their safety.

I went along with them, right up until the point that they located the distress beacon with the Beast infection upon it. At that point... well, I still had clout from helping secure Hiigara, but despite my warning, they elected to study the beacon anyway and things occurred as I warned them they might. When the Beast later attacked the Bentusi, however... I warned them - I told them EXACTLY what the Beast was, and that it must be avoided at all costs. When the heavy cruiser arrived, I launched my own ships; with remote control, as soon as I saw an infection beam lance toward a fighter, I immediately caused it to self-destruct, but ultimately the heavy cruiser was destroyed much earlier than it might have been.

With its destruction, things got much easier - there was only limited use of infected cruise missiles, none effective. The Caal-Shto, which itself had later been infected, made for a handy target for the siege cannon that the Somtaaw obtained. When the showdown with the Naggarok happened... sure, the ship could move with insane rapidity. But by then, I'd brought the Dreadnaught out of storage and was using that; a few choice words caused the Taiidan to turn on (and be destroyed by) the Beast, bombers crippled the Naggarok's engines, and the heart of the Beast was carved out by the siege cannon of the Somtaaw. The Beastslayers had earned their name.

And I slept once more.

Basically? Nope. You need sufficiently advanced magic/science or some other kind of maguffin, because otherwise you're trying to make lemonade when all you've got is asparagus.

So what is you hair color, Jumper? Do you dye? Do you change it constantly?

>"The End Times have come. Prepare."

I awoke in the Garden of Kadesh. At last, the project I had set them to a hundred years prior was complete. The Fourth Great Core that had been secreted within the Dreadnaught was where it belonged, in the heart of a scratch-built, customized, and rather heavily upgraded mothership of my own - that is, Sajuuk with the addition of an onboard production facility. My carrier's berths were full of Kadeshi/Somtaaw hybrid fighters. I had, by that point, been reduced to little more than a rumor; the Hiigarans had made quite a name for themselves and no one questioned their capabilities.

And so... Makaan called himself the Sajuuk-Khar. Thus when I appeared in orbit, launching gravity well generators and fighters from my carrier to engage his forces even as they began bombardment of Hiigara, I made it my mission to destroy all Vagyr forces and kill him personally. And... he promptly hyperspaced out ANYWAY, because apparently plot armor trumps hyperspace inhibitors. But at least Hiigara was no longer besieged.

[03:58] Dice don't fail me now.
[03:58] .d 1000
[03:58] :: Total 7 / 1000 [0%] :: Results [7] ::
[03:58] fuck you dice.
[03:58] fuck you forever.

As a result of my actions... battlecruisers made an appearance faster than anticipated, and in larger numbers. I had to up my game as well - the fighters were largely upgraded to bombers with an anti-fighter turret. With the addition of Somtaaw technology, two fighters could latch together and work as a corvette, basically functioning as a multi-gun corvette with a very lethal forward-firing weapon. It was surprisingly effective, even if it was difficult to keep up numbers when Vaygr lance fighters started being fielded against them.

>Spoiler
Did you piss off the dice gods or something?

Just about to update the jump list again. Anyone know which of the jumps in the uploads folder are finished so I can add them?

Also, if you know of something missing from the list, let me know and I'll add it. Not just jumps, I haven't read them all so if there's a jump that has warehouse add-ons, free gender swaps, or ways to stay longer or leave sooner lemme know so I can put it on the list too.

bald

Shapeshifting ftw

Honestly I never really changed it much, so it's still dark auburn as is naturally. In some jumps I lighten it so it goes bright red, though in Harry Potter I changed it constantly mostly to make note that I was a Metamorphmagus. Though in A Song of Ice and Fire it was white, due to going Targaryen.

I change it up occasionally but I like to stick to a nice dark brown/red tone, similar to a dark cherry wood tone.

Or white, if I'm pretending to be an old man.

Well my hair was brown until Fallen London, where I took the Correspondence Course. So now it's dyed the Closest Neathy Equivalent of brown (Violant (25%) + Viric (13%) + Peligin (63%)), because I couldn't just buy hair dye like a normal person.