WORDS WORDS WORDS

Have at it.

>Holy water burns if I spill it
I've got bad news for you.

He has Abyssal Gonorrhea? Really shouldn't have fucked that demon?

If it's wrong to fuck a demon then I don't want to live in this world anymore.

I don't get the joke.

No really, I like this comic and I actually don't mind the wordswordswords, but I don't get it. Something about homophobe?

Still a bit wordy, but I did what I could and it still sound reasonable.

Usually I chuckle at Veeky Forums's WORDS complaints, but with this page the entire thing is unnecessary. We've already built up the engineer's jealousy enough, and do we really need an explaination of where the stakes come from in the next scene?

Plus, the joke is weak.

Problem isn't WORDS, it is an entire unnecessary page. Even the action (dagger taken) was undone (dagger returned).

A homophone is a word that sounds like a different word. In this case Stake and Steak. He's cooking steaks to kill a vampire and doesn't understand the chef trying to explain homophones.
From homo - Same, Phone - sounds of words, as in phonics. Just FYI

What's the joke?

First part was the worst IMO, with repetitive panels in addition to words words words of nothing. Second part was actually doing some explaining and jokes other than "Belkar is ass".

>chef tries to explain a word
>halfling thinks chef is calling him a homophobe.
>halfling calls chef homophone because he thinks he is saying homophobe.
>joke explained.

"Stakes" sounds like "steaks".

>being this illiterate
Homophones are two words that sound the same, like steak and stake. Hopefully I don't need to explain further.

No, I know what a homophone is, I just didn't make the connection, I thought the joke was that Belkar misheard him or something.

Thanks.

>He has Abyssal Gonorrhea?

Every Game Master should know about this and inflict it on PCs as necessary.

The purpose of the comic was to build up the fact that Belkar is taking steps to prepare for his encounter with Durkula.
I found the joke to be funny. I honestly don't get why Veeky Forums reads this if they don't like humor and want a straight action/adventure comic.

If Durkula ever makes it back to the airship, I hope that the chef throws a steak at him.

I hope it works because it's been cooked in garlic.

And that Belkar then stabs him for cooking a steak in garlic.

>it is an entire unnecessary page
It's to establish that Belkar is making stakes - the gitp forums are incredibly autistic, so this page and the last one are to establish some set up for things that really don't need it, just so the forums don't sperg out, which they likely would if, for example, Belkar turned up with stakes out of nowhere.

Also it was an excuse for a steak/stake and a "lol Belkar evil" joke

brown thog return

Nice.

>Do you want a d?

>Hilarious and original. You're thog.

Priceless metacommentary, user.

a kek for you my friend

Gave me a good chuckle.

Why does Veeky Forums complain about this comic having too many words? What are you, 8? A little reading never hurt anybody. This story is dialog heavy, if you don't like the dialog, then why are you reading it?

I am convinced that Veeky Forums has never read a real comic book in their life.
No, Sunday Funnies and Political Cartoons are not real comics.

>I'm chopping up your shit
>Do you work every last crack?
kekles

Veeky Forums doesn't complain about the comic having too many words. We complain that a lot of the dialog is unnecessary and doesn't add anything to the story other than to explain obvious or unimportant things that did not need to be explained. The WORDS WORDS WORDS stuff was just one user who was bitching about it and complained that it took him over and hour to read one strip. He was an idiot and Veeky Forums made fun of him. Someone did some math and figured that if he was telling the truth the user had a reading speed of about 10 words a minute. Eventually people started editing strips to make it easier for 10-words-per-minute user to read, which is how thog strips started.

Actual edit. Can't find anything else I can trim off.

the best

Since when is Belkar the stupid one? Could have at least been creative with the old joke and gone for a "wood IN steak" solution.

>Since when is Belkar the stupid one?
Since #22, at least.
He's never been Elan levels of stupid, but the comic makes it pretty clear that he's pretty stupid when it comes to pretty much anything that isn't committing murder or revenge.

So in other words he should be an-expert at vampire slaying.

Words words words as usual, but the dual punchline is actually pretty funny.

Dear god I forgot how shitty the art used to be. How did this garbage make it to 1000+ strips?

D&D always had the ability to keep going for years with no real substance.

>missed an opportunity for "chick with the banana"

...*sigh*

Yup, they nitpick and ask questions over every little thing, which, coming from an OotS fan, is actually more annoying than non-fan complaints. Many of Rich Berlew's responses to forum nonsense are variations of "it's not important."

I think he could put more into these sorts of strips so as to pre-answer multiple things at once, but sometimes he does that without people even noticing, like the scrollsplosion a few strips ago that was established with a cutaway gag.

The strength of the writing. Laugh all you want, but Burlew is a good DM and is thus pretty competent at writing a story. This put him miles ahead of pretty much every other D&D webcomic out there.

Eagle Ordinary was more interesting than this this week.

Literally who, you fucking shill?

He's not stupid. Wisdom is his dumpstat. He was a 2nd Edition Ranger who's job was dual-wielding murder.

It's the inverse of wordwordswords.

Whoa, it's fucking nothing. Seriously why was this even made?

Sure is.

Anybody habe da fugging Uncivil Servant story?

At this point whenever I see an OotS thread, my first thought is "well, at least it's not goblins"

Where is this from?

Eagle Ordinary, as said.

Anyone remember this?

The last good thing about it was finally ruined.

I remember this really pissed me off, and I'm not sure if it was the elf/orc romance being consummated or something incredibly stupid.

It was posted last thread, check the archives.

God, I havn't read that piece of shit for years. Such a disappointment in where it went. Though I don't recognize the picture, is that old?

>but t burns if I spill too much
kek

Wait. which demon?
Did he fuck the brown succubus?

I still cant believe they let that faggot off for using bomb collars.

What was the last good thing? I dropped it ages ago, I don't even remember what pushed me over the edge. I only remember a couple things: the tauren died, Richard somehow being a secret good guy and them working for a dragon maybe (I remember the dwarf fighter/bard was maybe selling them out?).

:^u :^u¬:^u
:^u:^u :^u__:^u