What would a Hybrid between an orc and an elf be called, and can it be done well without being a Mary Sue?

What would a Hybrid between an orc and an elf be called, and can it be done well without being a Mary Sue?

Other urls found in this thread:

naorhy.com/fkta.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Human

Why would it be Mary Sue? That term has lost all fucking meaning.

Elf-orc would be the simplest.

Half-anything was a mistake, again something copied by Tolkien without any thought and consideration about the implications.

*from Tolkien
Sorry.

Please elaborate.

I think he's referring to the fact that Tolkien did Half-Elves, then AD&D added them in, and now he's butthurt because of Biology, Special Snowflake Characters and shit

>Why would it be Mary Sue?
In traditional Tolkenesque settings, orcs and elves have such innate hatred towards each other that even sexual assault is too repulsive to contemplate. Or even if they could, the corruption of the union could never produce a viable pregnancy, presuming the victim doesn't spontaneously rapture back to Varda (which is what JRR presumed.)

By that standard an Elorc would be the Special-est of Special Snowflakes, like those "half-angel half-demon" character sheets that used to show up on MySpace profiles.

Personally, I just tell players that elves can't even get involuntarily pregnant because of the arcane rituals involved in conception, so I get to avoid character backstories involving rape.

Oaf.

It would be an orf. It would combine the orcs' aggression with the elves' arrogance. The one saving grace of the orcs is that they do not have a high opinion even of themselves, and the one saving grace of the elves is that they express their elitism nonviolently most of the time. An orf would think it was wonderful and also be ready to smash face at any moment.

Alright, but what about Eberron, Where Orcs aren't Rapey as a whole, and you can play whatever the hell you want so long as it actually has a decent backstory approved by your (suposedly)competent DM?

>Tolkien setting
It would probably be an elf, since orcs are tortured elf mutants and since elves both can and will auto-suicide from rapes according to JRR's canon, the union would have to be voluntary, which means the orc would have to be somehow redeemed and thus the corruption wouldn't be able to manifest in the kid.

>D&D
Human, probably. Mechanically human, at least.

>Other
Fuck if I know.

I imagine they would be called different things in orcish and elvish.

I'm thinking they would end up as a tall thin whip cord of a person suited to ambush hunting. Lots of sudden strength but little endurance.

So green Bruce Lee.

If we're talking a 5E stat-block, I'd say +1 to both Strength and Dex, and then the Player can choose to add another +1 to either. giving us that nice +2, +1 array, but lacking in the Endurance and Con department.

Honestly in Eberron it's more likely that the Valenar elves try to rape an orc than the other way around.

Eberron is Awesome.

Sounds about right.

That's what I was thinking as well, I threw together a quick stat block for 5e. Something like this:

Fey Orc:
1 Str, 1 Dex, +1 Any Other
Darkvision 60ft
Speed 35ft
Fey Ancestry
Proficient in Perception +1 other
Common, Elvish, Orc
Savage Attacks

>fey orc
I believe the technical term is fork.

What if we went full Tolkien on naming these guys. Urukken, taken from both Uruk, Dark Speech for Orc, and a shortening of Kwendi from the Elvish word for the race as a whole.

elrond was half elf

I haven't played him in a long time, but my old Paladin at one time adopted a half-orc half-drow baby.

It was kind of a shitty situation where the party had just finished off an orc warband and was freeing their slaves, and the drow mother cut her own throat pretty much the moment she was freed.

We ended up dropping the baby off with my character's wife who was little more than a background NPC and thankfully the baby never came up again, because I don't think I would have enjoyed it if the DM decided to turn her into a plot hook.

I was axtually inquiring about the implications. I see no problem with half-Xs.

Elrond was born a half elf.

He chose to become full elf and did.

His brother went full human and became human. Also Elrond is the great many greats uncle of Aragorn.

>ITT: All fantasy is Tolkien or D&D.

In Middle Earth, it would be a deformed result of inbreeding. In other words, an orc.

In Middle Earth, Orcs aren't capable of breeding to begin with so it's a moot point.

A very pretty orc but never the less an orc.

In fact that would be more dangereous than your avarage orc, cause there you are fending of another tribe of ugly fuckers and suddenly you just dodge ones stone axe but then stop in full motion because before you is the most beautiful orc you have ever seen, you feel like kissing it if it didn't just bring its axe down onto your skull.

dumping cute semi relevant picture

So, elf+orc=goblin?

You mean to tell me FATAL doesn't already have an answer for this?

elf + orc = elk

I suppose, but in "standard" D&D such a thing isn't actually possible.
Or rather, it IS possible but the resultant child is always a half-orc. Orcish blood overrides any other kind apparently, and orcs interbreeding with other orcs leads to more orcs or half-orcs while half-orcs interbreeding with any other race leads to more half-orcs.

Classic D&D orcs are insanely fecund.

According to The Silmarillion,they did breed and in numbers "like flies", and Tolkien says in his letters they reproduced just like humans.

Half orc-elf in Middle Earth are impossible. Elven women just can't survive coupling with an orc, and no elf would fuck an orc woman.

Came here to post this.

In my setting elves, orcs, and goblins are of the same species and can interbreed with each other. Elf/orcs are called Orolocs and look very similar to the Old Race for which the three came from. For the most part they just look like buff elves or lithe orcs.

Pic related

Depends on your setting. In Elder Scrolls, for example, Orcs are technically Elves.

This is cool, I like this.

progenitor race

Also Tolkien

In the Dark Eye, a union of orcs and elves produced a race known as
> Holberker
who were however guided and corrupted by a BBEG and only created to be a servant race.

Basically, the orcish and elven traits mixed or cancelled each other out. The resultat was something very akin to a baseline human statwise, and as ugly as any halfork was.

as a civilisation they failed due to elves not liking them for being inferior / result of dark magic / worshipping wrong gods, and the neighbouring orcish tribes captured them for slaves.

It is. Almost every part of the modern fantasy genre is something Tolkien already did.

Yes. That is standard fantasy. Compare Warhammer, Dragon Age, Song of Ice And Fire, Shannara, etc. All related fantasy.

This is what we mean when we say fantasy genre (without further qualifications). Welcome to the hobby.

/thread

Came here to post this.

Elf-orc?
>Elk

This

bump

In my setting, all orcs are male rape machines and all orc offspring are more orcs, so an elf-orc would just be an orc. That's how they proliferate. That's why they're so dangerous to other races. Coexistence is literally impossible.

According to the 5e M&M, you're not actually that far off as it turns out.

Breeding orcs with elves and humans may be a way that orcs try to unferalize themselves. If a good tomdo tribe sees their race barreling down a path of self destruction due to hyper violent meat heads, they may seek to water down the aggression. Humans are a very easy answer since there are plenty of human women and men that may be too ugly to get a human partner. Then again the orcs may choose to both water down yet beautify their race. In that case they may selectively choose courters of their finer looks and send them on a grand booty hunt, whether male or female orcs.

depends on the setting

>Implying every other race follows human standards of beauty

They will when hearing other races, or the races themselves, speak of beauty standards. If youre an orc tribe trading with humans or what have you and they start speaking of their values of beauty, then look down at their standards of crafting and technology, its not a real leap for them to believe there are higher standards of beauty than their own. Imagine being a good looking-ISH orc lad and landing an elven woman to share a bed. Elven women may like a bit of muscle compared to the more frail looking elven men. Who knows man

I wasn't prepared for that

Is there any particular reason Tolkienfags get devastated when people break the tolkien mold in shit that doesn't have to be related to Tolkiens works because fantasy is, fantasy.

Also do you think Tolkien fucking invented fantasy or something? Elves, Orcs, Dwarves, Goblins, Dragons, Wyrms, Demigods, Angels Demons and all that shit were all things before tolkien made his books.

Anyway, they'd be called Half Orcs probably. And I can't see any reason why such a hybrid would be mary sue at all.

It's likely just some wizard fuckery.

You don't see people looking at owlbears going "That's just plain fucking mary sue, and owl and a bear? Really. How special does that magical beast have to be?"

>strong smart orc
>ever laying with puny dumb elf girl

>What would a Hybrid between an orc and an elf be called

Demon.

Weren't uruk hai basically orc elves?

Check out some of Fred Anderson's art
naorhy.com/fkta.htm

It's got a few bits here and there unsuited to blue boards, but the guy loves various hybrids, including an illustrated family tree of elves and orcs mixing. Well, first with humans, then the hybrids got together and have a daughter who's probably human with pointy ears and tusks.

Elf+Orc=Elc's

Get your weapons ready lads were going Elc hunt'n.

>and can it be done well without being a Mary Sue?
Elves and orcs aren't genetically compatible.

Even if they were you're far more likely to end up with a mule, like those freaks versions of ripley.

Small hang up. Orc was pretty obscure word for demon before tolkien used it to describe his creations.

depends on the setting

>i really need to read the silmalarion

>i really need to suck a dick

eh, that was always a grey area. They have a handy dandy little chart for "type" overrides, but i dont think that orcs are an overridiing type compared to anything. if anything, the fey subtype of elves would override anything of the orcs.

fuck off, my tolkein isn't up to snuff, so what. There are only so many hours in a day and im busy filling them with Robert Jordan for the fourth time.

All of them, or just the good ones?

Not in 5e.
They say it right there in hard letters in the M&M.

I want to know this.