Persona 2129 Quest #54

You are Takashi Wakui, a sixteen year old Japanese high school student. In your world, half of humanity possesses a Persona—the corporeal manifestation of one’s personality as a supernatural entity. You had been an unlucky ordinary at first, lacking the potential to summon your Persona. Then the application AETHER was forcibly installed on your smartphone. It sucked you into the nightmarish realm of the Blackened Void, where you fought monsters and awakened your Persona in the process.

You are now the Wild Card of the 22nd Century. You possess the Fool Arcana, giving you the power to draw strength from bonds and wield multiple Personas at once. Already this places you in great danger, as the Fool Arcana is seen as an impossibility by the common masses. Revealing your newfound power to the common world would immediately land your head on a dissection table. To make matters worse, you and several others have been cursed as the Void’s Chosen, fated to traverse the wastelands of the Blackened Void until the end of the game. For what purpose does AETHER exist, what mysteries lie within and how is victory achieved?

Previous Threads: suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Persona 2129 Quest
Twitter: twitter.com/TwilightThorn
Mechanics: pastebin.com/Eq9mum2X
Spell/Skill List: pastebin.com/5NYivMQd
Part One Recap: pastebin.com/i1VjfnyX

Character List: pastebin.com/XKvEnFux
Aux. Persona List: pastebin.com/YYcdYYRs
Takashi's Stats: pastebin.com/yAHs5v814
Blackened Void Info: pastebin.com/wLBjhqgf

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/yAHs5v81
pastebin.com/gKkfYy5A
pastebin.com/HELLtjTw
pastebin.com/YYcdYYRs
twitter.com/TwilightThorn/status/750847442556317696
youtube.com/watch?v=_rcmeMxxGYw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>>Takashi: Reap spoils of battle.

>SOUL OF THE FROSTBITTEN SAMURAI: A powerful soul brimming with strength, belonging to the Frostbitten Samurai who guards the ruined throne of the old castle. It is said that Samurai was the offspring of an ordinary human and an ice demon. Where others shunned the Samurai for the eternal cold, the divine princess accepted. The two were said to be inseparable. When the kingdom fell into ruin, the Frostbitten Samurai remained, eternally protecting the divine princess and her crumbling throne. The ice that covers the Samurai’s armor represents an iron will and the cold judgement granted to the princess’s enemies. Use the soul to gain great power, or transform it into something of value.

>SOUL OF THE CHAINED PHOENIX: A powerful soul brimming with strength, belonging to the Chained Phoenix who rests atop the ruined throne of the old castle. The Phoenix was once a divine princess who failed to protect her nation against an invading army. As punishment, she was transformed into a bird and cursed with longevity. The flames that surround her embody the hatred against her enemy and the despair at her failure. She is always accompanied by her most loyal retainer, the Frostbitten Samurai. Use the soul to gain great power, or transform it into something of value.

The two souls, small, round and glistening with a pale, orange light, deposit themselves into your pocket. The sensation is somewhere between a balloon filled with cold water and a plate of jelly. You let out a tired sigh, relived that the ordeal is finally over. Your limbs seem to agree. They are suddenly as heavy as gym dumbbells, forcing themselves by your sides. It feels like the marrow inside your skeleton was just exchanged with liquid exhaustion.

“Is everyone alright?” The words stumble out of your mouth like a pile of gunk. You then groan, turning around, barely keeping yourself up.

“Just about, Takashi-kun.” Somebody moans back. It’s Celeste. You look at her and see her rummaging around in her pack. Everyone had flushed a lot of mana during that last battle, including Celeste. Especially Celeste. The tell-tale signs of mana exhaustion—pale cheeks, bloodshot eyes and sluggish movements—had already settled on her otherwise pretty features. You aren’t surprised to see her take out a packet of Skittles and guzzle the contents in three mouthfuls. Ruvyn stares at the sight and shakes his head. A second later, he’s gone, the summoning timer having run out.

Across from you, Akikazu heaves down his sledgehammer and sits cross-legged on the tattered carpet. A grunt escapes from him. Next to him, Laurence pats him on the shoulder, saying something about good work and how Akikazu’s hammerwork was fine for a child his age.

“The hell ‘you talking about, you tin freak?” Is Akikazu’s response. Laurence merely chuckles and gives another pat. He too disappears. Akikazu mutters something under his breath and spits into the gravel.

Finally, Fumika is in the opposite corner, reloading her pistol. Her expression is a stoic mask of stillness. Just as usual, from first impressions. Yet, judging from the slight twitches of her fingers and her quickened breaths you understand that even she is harrowed. She fiddles with her phone, tapping against the screen, before putting it back into her pocket.

“Let’s take a break.” You collapse against the wall. “A quick one. Break out the medkits.”

“Already on that.” Akikazu growls, tweezers in hand.

You reach into your own pack and draw out an emergency chocolate bar. It tastes bitter in your tongue, but you welcome the mana restoration nonetheless. The worst part, you think to yourself, is that the day isn’t over. There’s still the audience with the Observer upon clearing Act 2. It mostly consists of you asking questions to a voice in a screen. Yet, there’s something about it that rubs you up the wrong way, makes dealing with the situation a dozen more times exasperating than it needs to be. The knowledge of this fact, coupled with your mild mana exhaustion and a raging migraine, puts a simple thought in your fact. You are so not looking forward to what happens next.

You then tap yourself on the side of the head. In troubled times like these, your mother had said, it may be prudent to focus on the positives. You obtained a large amount of Macca that would contribute towards your medicinal debt. You would receive answers from the Observer. You had just beaten two powerful opponents and could feel a rush of power flowing through your battered body.

Yeah, that last one sounds really nice.

>LEVEL UP acquired!
>Please select your upgrades from below.

[Choose a stat]
NOTE: Increasing stats will make certain skills available to be learned.

>Increase STRENGTH to D (Stronger physical).
>Increase DEXTERITY to D- (More accurate, more precise).
>Increase MAGIC POTENTIAL to D+ (Stronger magic, more mana).
>Increase ENDURANCE to D (More vitality).
>Increase AGILITY to D- (Be faster).
>Increase LUCK to B- (More loot and macca, affects DCs slightly).
>[LOCKED] Increase DEVELOPMENT POTENTIAL to S+ (???, 400.00 total C. EXP required).

[Choose a skill]
>Snipe: Extremely accurate attack that does gun damage. Not all that strong. (Chi casting)
>Sukukaja: Increases 1 ally’s hit/evasion rates.
>Regenerate 1: Slowly recovers vitality over time.
>Agilao: Deals medium fire damage to 1 foe.
>Rapid Healing: Boosts the body's natural healing process and resistance to pain. (Chi casting)
>Rebellion: Increases critical hit rate on self.

[Choose a miscellaneous bonus]
>Gain one extra weapon slot.
>Gain one extra accessory slot.
>Gain one Star Point.
>Upgrade Savate III to Savate IV.
>Gain Willpower Boost: WILLPOWER gains will never be below 3.

>>Increase DEXTERITY to D- (More accurate, more precise).
>>Rapid Healing: Boosts the body's natural healing process and resistance to pain. (Chi casting)
>>Upgrade Savate III to Savate IV.
The "Takashi's Stats" page is broken, by the way.

>>Increase ENDURANCE to D (More vitality).
>Rapid Healing: Boosts the body's natural healing process and resistance to pain. (Chi casting)

This one should work: pastebin.com/yAHs5v81

Since Rapid Healing is a passive skill that means it's always active right?

We need more HP.

Passive Chi Casting skulls? Yes please!

More gear on hand at any given time is always useful.

>>[LOCKED] Increase DEVELOPMENT POTENTIAL to S+ (???, 400.00 total C. EXP required).
>Rebellion: Increases critical hit rate on self.
>Gain Willpower Boost: WILLPOWER gains will never be below 3.

Hey Thorn did we get any WILLPOWER from this fight?

My list of questions from the last thread: pastebin.com/gKkfYy5A

And to prove that none of them have already been asked, the summarized Observer questions so far: pastebin.com/HELLtjTw

Did you not see the [locked] on dev? means we cannot get it

One extra accessory won't make a big difference. We have or will get Personas that can buff, remove debuffs and block certain types of damage.

We almost die in every single fight so more HP would be nice.
More chi casting is great.
Time to be perfectly average at Savate. How long until we are able to hit the lovers boy?

You forgot:
[HIGHEST PRIORITY}
How do we get best programmer to warm up to us ?

Hey, given how fast we're learning we're a lot more than "perfectly average" in Savate. I'm pretty sure this growth rate should qualify us for prodigy status.

Can't disagree with any of those high priority questions.

>Increase Endurance to D
>Rapid Healing
TIME TO GET TUFF

>Increase from Savate III to Savate IV

Yes.

Writing now...

Oh, right, forgot to reply the post.

How fast would someone with Rapid Healing and Regenerate 3 recover?

>It is said that Samurai was the offspring of an ordinary human and an ice demon.

So fast, wounds would heal before they even happen.

They are basically a walking pile of cancer. Thats how fast.

>???
Does that mean evolution?

I just checked the timeline. The current in-game date is June 9. Takashi started practicing Savate on April 12. So a little over eight weeks of infrequent practice, mixed with occasional death battles, has gotten him to "average" levels of skill in a martial art. The figures I can find on the time it takes to master a martial art estimate four years even with the maximally efficient training regimen. So getting to average competence in eight weeks with sporadic training is actually pretty damn good.

Takashi becoming the star of martial arts club when?

And then Takauji's unwanted love triangle would cling to Takashi instead, and everyone's problems would be solved. Except Takashi's.

Thanks for the impromptu thread TT!

Remember that this is a chaos thread friends.

Not on my watch

I know I say this every time, but: That's not the Law alignment. That's Neutral. Trusting humans to make the right choice in regards to balancing freedom and safety without interference from demons influencing them otherwise is the Neutral alignment.

>ENDURANCE has increased to D. Vitality and pain resistance has increased.
>Rapid Healing skill has been acquired. As a passive skill, it is always active. Takashi’s body will now heal faster on its own.
>Savate III has been upgraded to Savate IV. Look at you go. Takauji has Karate VIII and Boxing VII, so Takashi still has a long way to go.

>Your WILLPOWER has increased by 5 points!

You and your teammates then spend the next five minutes patching yourselves up. Every single medkit in your packs is flung open and the contents quickly devoured. Celeste chomps down the mana restoration jellies with the speed of a frantic squirrel, chunks of rainbow clinging to gaps in her mystifyingly clean teeth. Akikazu clenches his jaw as he swabs his wounds with alcoholic wipes, then gets you and Celeste to seal them up. Fumika has the least amount of damage out of all of you, but goes about her business in a practiced efficiency. It’s almost embarrassing. Then you recall her past and contemplate how many times she’s had to do something similar.

>Everyone is now back to full vitality. All your medkits have disappeared.

“Wow,” Celeste says, breaking the silence that has submerged the area like liquid glass. “That was…”

“If you say it was fun I swear to every single deity in this tortured existence…” Akikazu threatens, standing up and slamming his palm against a nearby wall. It shakes and a bunch of pillar fragments fall onto his hair. He doesn’t react.

“I—no, yes, okay Akikazu, you have to admit the truth.” Celeste grins. “Sure, it was a really tough fight, but it was also a unique experience, right?”

His eyebrow twitches. “This is not how I imagined spending my Thursday afternoon.” He growls.

“Come on, it was fun. Really dangerous, but exciting and fun. You agree, Takashi-kun?”

You shift a bit. “Uh…”

“Tachibana, we almost died back there.”

“No we didn’t.”

“Fine. We almost lost.”

“But we won, didn’t we?”

“That’s not the point!”

“Look, it’s just like extreme sports. Like mountain climbing or skydiving. It starts off all scary before you’ve begun, but once you get in there everything is so intense you don’t think about anything and after you’re done you’re so excited you want to go back and do it all over again.” She crosses her arms. “Do you understand me?”

Akikazu squints at her. “Are you on a fucking sugar rush?”

“I might be.” Celeste admits. “Those were a lot of Skittles I ate.”

“Of course. Why did I expect anything else?” Akikazu looks ready to punch something. He’s always like this, except this time he’s actually got reddened cheeks, as if his face was an underground boiler.

“I think we should get out of here.” You state, bringing the argument to a halt. An exit should have appeared somewhere, but from your position you can only see the entrance, which is useless. You then spy a glint reflecting off something beneath the throne. Akikazu notices it as well. He stomps over, grabs the throne and tosses it into a pile of junk. A crunch is heard as the metal smashes against the rock.

A trapdoor is revealed, wooden in design with a thick, rusting iron knocker. Akikazu immediately grabs the handle and pulls with all his might. The trapdoor grunts and squeals, as if begging to remain where it is. Akikazu’s persistence and sheer intolerance for any more bullshit today is not listening to any complaints, no matter how sound the logic is. He gives the handle a final heave and it slams open.

There’s a rocky stairwell, leading down into the darkness. The objective is clear. You and your team enter.

>Takauji has Karate VIII and Boxing VII, so Takashi still has a long way to go.
Thanks for informing us.

why is this thread here when there's a board dedicated for quest shit?

so what happened to those three demons after we beat the bosses
enlighten us shibuya
Patience, Akikazu. All shall be revealed in due time.
how about now
You’re spoiling the surprise.
to hell with that
i dont know what takashi was thinking putting our chatlogs in our collective autobiography
its painful to read in several different ways
My my, knowing you I can come up with an equal amount of reasons why.
god dont get me started on that shit
sometimes i almost wish you stayed an emotionless robot forever
Your choice of profanities were also interesting to document.

The hatch slammed shut, the rusted metal ring jangling against the wood. Afterwards, the throne room lay in a state of silent decay. There wasn’t much else for it to do. Its former rulers had been slain by the group of chosen children. As twisted and reclusive as the Phoenix and the Samurai had been, they had at least filled the room with some semblance of life. Now, all that remained was an uneasy tranquillity, reeking of former bloodshed and death, undisturbed by the whistling of a gentle breeze through the cracked stained glass windows.

The throne room had long been an enigma to the demonic residents of the castle, so it wasn’t long before a certain trio of rats scurried out of their burrows and began snooping around.

“The…the fog wall is gone!”

“Is there anybody inside, ho?”

“Why are you asking me? Onwards, you lazy lot!”

From the stone archway outside the room, three heads popped out like rising wooden platforms in target ranges. The first was red-haired, with angular ears that were smaller than a pinhead. The second had a blue cap, with golden bells that sung whenever the owner walked. A wizard’s cap sat above the third, pointed as a stalactite, and flames simmered beneath the orange bone.

>“Are you on a fucking sugar rush?”
The answer to that question is usually "yes". She's been on a constant sugar rush since she was seven years old. At this point, if she ever stops eating sugar, she'll crash like the stock market in October 1929.

>Savate III has been upgraded to Savate IV. Look at you go. Takauji has Karate VIII and Boxing VII, so Takashi still has a long way to go.
But he's been training for more than eight weeks, so I'm still proud of how far we've come in such a short time.

“Do you guys see anything, ho?” The one named Jack Frost asked.

“No, because you’re leaning against my head, bro!” His brother, Pyro Jack, replied.

“Then stop doing that!” Pixie, the odd girl out, yelled.

“I can’t, hee. Bro’s right above me.” Jack Frost said, prompting Pixie to slam her palm against her forehead in irritation.

The three demons scanned across the throne room with their inquisitive eyes, revealing their shock, confusion and apprehension to the now-disturbed peace. They blinked often, rubbing their tiny eyes. They scanned the area from all angles, scrutinising the decay and the burns on the walls that were obviously remnants from prolonged use of magic. They compared what they believed was possible with the reality they were facing. No matter how many times they tried to dissuade themselves otherwise, they were forced to accept that the throne room was deserted. From that, a simple, horrifying conclusion followed.

“The king and queen are gone, ho. That means…”

“The humans beat them?” Pixie gasped, her wings beating twice as fast. She raised her tiny gloved fingers to her hands and her cheeks grew pale.

“No way!” Pyro Jack interjected. “That’s impossible, ho! Those two were super strong! Anyone who tried was chewed up and spat out as bones, hee-ho.”

“Then how do you explain this?” Pixie shouted, gesturing to the broken throne.

“The king and queen must’ve gone elsewhere, ho!”

“Everyone knows that they never leave the throne! If they’re not, that means they’re both dead!”

“Then where did the humans go?” Jack Frost asked. “Maybe they ate the humans and decided to leave.”

“I don’t think that’s right.”

“Then where’s your proof, ho?” Pyro Jack waggled a finger in front of Pixie. She had no response and Pyro Jack allowed himself a small grin of victory. Pixie scowled. She then noticed the entrance to the trapdoor. A trail led up to it, smelling of humans, fresh ones. The door looked too heavy to open, even with their strength combined.

With this new piece of evidence, demons put two and two together and then shivered as one.

“W-who did we just meet, ho?”

“What have we gotten ourselves into?” Pixie cried, her voice growing more and more hysteric by the second.

The three demons felt as if the walls were closing onto them. They were no stranger to the scent of bloodshed and death. Dog eat dog was practically the motto of the demons haunting the Forlorn Abyss. But the situation here was a little too much for them to handle. The walls in here were positively dripping with the foul muck. It gave them the impression that something was lingering behind and watching them, despite them being the only three living creatures in the room.

“What now, ho?” Jack Frost asked, trembling. “Maybe we should get out of here. It won’t be long before the stronger guys find out.”

“Good idea, bro!” Pyro Jack said, nodding his head feverishly as if he intended to dislodge it through vibration alone. “Today has been too crazy, ho. I’d rather spend the week with Troll, and that’s saying something, hee!”

“Yeah, that sounds—wait.” Pixie stopped mid-circle in the air. Her nose twitched. She began floating closer to the throne, narrowing her eyes.

“What are you doing, Pixie?”

“Do you guys smell that?”

“Smell what?” Pyro Jack asked.

Pixie pointed to the throne. “Magatsuhi!”

Oh boy Black Frost incoming

She might as well have pulled a fire alarm. The two demon brothers craned their necks towards the front of the room. They sniffed, the movements in perfect synchronization. They then were pounding across the tattered carpet to the front of the room, their tongues coated in a fresh layer of drool. Pixie was already there, staring down at the ground.

The semi-transparent, crimson gel-like substance was unmistakable. It was indeed Magatsuhi, the sustenance of all demonic beings. A large of quantity of it was gathering at the base of the fallen throne. Pixie dipped her index finger in a slowly congealing mass and licked it with her tongue. The reaction was instant. Color returned to her cheeks and a dreamy smile flittered across her features.

“Delicious…” She sighed, as a miasma of tastes saturated her tongue. “This…this is what true Magatsuhi tastes like…ahh…”

“What’s all this doing here?” Jack Frost queried, although every other instinct in his body was yelling at him to begin the feast. “Did the king and queen leave this behind?”

“It tastes of humanity, too!” Pyro Jack said, scooping a bunch into his mouth.

“The humans must’ve made it!” Pixie moaned, tasting another drop. “Now I realize why Queen Titania used to order humans be kidnapped instead of killed. More, I want more…”

>three idiot scrubs with the magatsuhi left behind by two bosses
uh
oh

“It’s a… a banquet, ho! A banquet just for us!” Pyro Jack exclaimed. “This must be our lucky day!”

“It’s ours…the Magatsuhi is all ours, ho!” Jack Frost uttered, his eyes wide with shock.

“And nobody else’s!” Pixie crowed, her expression one of pure euphoria.

“What are we standing around for?” Pyro Jack yelled, the flame inside him jiggling around like a maddened rabbit. “It’s feasting time!”

That was the cue. Instinct destroyed the last bastions of rationality within their minds. The three demons jumped on the pile of Magatsuhi like a pack of wolves on a stray lamb. They shoveled the energy into their mouths, swallowed without bothering to chew and began again. They bit, ripped, tore and gnashed through the collection of raw power on display, eating and devouring as if they were kings and it was the end of the world.

That’s more or less what transpired. What is your opinion?
eh it was okay
whats with the sudden shift in tone
Because I said so.

Seems like shadows are delicious to demons.

Well, given that Akikazu didn't know what happened to them, either we never see them again or they're so changed as they evolve that they were unrecognizable. So it's either completely harmless or utterly horrible.

I feel bad for Pyro Jack. Pixie and Jack Frost have evolved forms, Pyro Jack doesn't. His friends are going to get to change and get these cool shiny new bodies, but he's going to get left behind. Stronger, but still the same old Pyro Jack.

>implying he and his brother won't fuse in Black Frost.

Since we finished a Forlon Abyss Act we got a Star Point

>Act 2 has been cleared. You have gained 1 Star Point.

>>INTERMISSION 2.

The space between Acts is the same as always. A cold concrete room, lit by a single flickering lightbulb on the end of a frayed string. Square in design, a fog wall to the left, an elevator in front and a corridor to the right. The air is thick with dust, to the extent of making Fumika utter a small cough.

Unlike before, there are five wooden treasure chests in the center of the room. Fumika quickly scans them to ensure they are not mimics. She gives the confirmation nod and you and the rest of the team prises them open.

>SYMBOL OF AVARICE (x2): Golden coin from a long-toppled capital city, covered in an odd shine. Large quantities of it were said to induce obsession within the holders. Place it above a Persona’s card to convert the Persona into a quantity of Macca. The exact amount is determined by the chosen Persona’s rank and amount of skills.

>PRAYER BOOK PAGE (x2): A tattered piece of parchment, originating from a holy prayer book. Clerics used to recite the tales within to cast magic. The words have been ground to dust by time, but a small quantity of power remains. Place a Persona’s card on it to consume the Persona and create a new skill book. The skill acquired will depend on the chosen Persona’s rank, its stats and the skills it holds.

Hunger Personas will corrupt the book, unless the user has managed to fully overcome their insanity. This may lead to the acquisition of unexpected skills, but nevertheless caution is advised.

Wow, you think to yourself. These first four treasures are excellent. They are so great you decide to plan out how you will use them. As in, right now.

>Please select the four (or less) Personas to be converted.
>Persona List: pastebin.com/YYcdYYRs

>Symbol of Avarice:
Slime, Pixie
>Prayer Book Page:
Obariyon, Moh Shuvuu

>Avarice
>Moh shuuvu
>Archangel

Prayer bookpage
>Mokoi
>Slime

>>SYMBOL OF AVARICE (x2):
Convert Pixie and Slime.
>PRAYER BOOK PAGE (x2
Convert Saravasti (we might get Invigorate and/or media)

need one more prayer page persona.

Hmmm.. a tricky deal here. We should probably pick weaker personas with no real good abilities for the avarice coins, while personas with nice skills and decent stats should get the page. For example, boosts, auto-buffs, and passives should be personas we consider. Wonder what the 5th chest holds.

I don't know what else would be worth converting besides Matador for Auto-Sukukaja or Melchom for Moneybags

Obaryion?
Valyrie?
Mokoi for better darkness?

>Symbol of Avarice
Slime
Pixie

>Prayer Book Page
Moh Shuvuu
Narcissus

Can we save 1 page for later? Would love to try and get null/resist light and give it to Ippon.

If you want.

I also believe that saving 1 prayer book page would be a good idea. We should check what we get from the first sacrifice before deciding the second.
Supporting

Doesn't sound like a bad idea. If we eventually get null/resist/evade light on Ippon, we'd have all bases covered. I'll support it.

We're lucky that we don't have a skill limit like in the games.

sounds fair to me. Who knows what the future may bring.

Melt down Pixie for Macca and Archangel for skills. Save the two remaining conversion items for a later date, just in case we find something that would be really good for it.

>Slime has been converted into 10k Macca.
>Pixie has been converted into 15k Macca.
>Moh Shuuvu has been converted into the Dekunda skill book.

…at least, that is what you believe will happen in the future. The truth is, you already know these objects require the assistance of the Velvet Room twins. That is another event you are anticipating with all the fervor of a particularly idle sloth.

You open the fifth chest.

>FADED IVORY RIBBON: A white piece of thin cloth, stained with dried blood all over. A faint, magical presence emits from within. Other than that, it appears to do nothing.

“So that is the hallway to the Observer…” Fumika muses turning to stare at the door. “I wish to attempt something…”

She walks towards the entrance. Her footsteps start off strong and steady, but only a second flashes by before her body noticeably trembles. It is as if she is trying to walk through a body of solid ocean water. She soldiers on, pressing down each step with noticeable, straining effort. A beat of sweat trickles down the side of her neck. You hear a small clicking sound. It’s coming from her teeth.

“It’s no use.” Fumika mutters, a small inflection to her calm words. “The closer I approach, the less I feel like entering. Yet, back here, my curiosity remains unaffected.”

“Ugh, you could’ve just said that you get a bad feeling from what’s over there…” Akikazu grumbles. “Shit, it’s just like before. I don’t like this one bit.”

“I don’t feel anything strange.” You say, “That’s expected, though. Only the Leader of the AETHER Players can enter. It’s in the rules.”

“Damn the rules,” Celeste grouses. “What, is this Observer guy shy or something? Is he afraid to meet with a pretty girl?”

“Don’t get too far ahead of yourself, Tachibana.”

“Hey, rude!”

>S+ END, Fortify III, Rapid Healing III, Battle Aura III, Regenerate III
>Local man is fucking invincible

>Dekunda

>Dekunda
Could be worse. I hope Avarice appears more frequently than Prayer because the latter is potentially gamebreaking.

>Takashi tanks 10 Megidoladynes cast by the last word in rapid succession.

Dekunda on us is actually really nice since it allows us to do something very cruel to those who overuse buffs. Hell, imagine it in school duels.

We should use any skill cards we get on Ippon-Datara. Since we can't pass skills on to other Personas through Fusion, we have no reason to use them on Personas that are going to be faded out of use as we get more powerful ones.

You are confusing Dekunda with Dekaja.
Dekunda: Nullifies stat penalties on party.
Dekaja: Nullifies stat bonuses on all foes.

Ah, my mistake. Still, removing debuffs is also nice. Damn defense down..

What should we do with the Souls we have now? Let them both turn into equipment? Turn one of them into a Persona? Turn both of them into Personas?

Both into equips.

That phoenix hopefully can turn into a buff fire weapon for Celeste or Takashi. No idea about the samurai.

Equipment. We really need better gear. Though I think we might need to turn them into Personas to advance the Hunger S.Link, so one for equipment, one for Personas?

both into equipment and if possible, both into ONE piece of equipment. It'd make for one hell of an accessory, thats for sure. Would likely last us a good long while.

>Mana Fist: Unarmed attack that ignores defensive and agility/evasion buffs, scales with both STR and MAG.
>ignores defensive and agility/evasion buffs
Just something we should remember for the next duel.

I especially want to know about the possibility of an AETHER Alpha.

You do not need to turn them into personas to advance the hunger link. We went through this. We just need to beat them and take their souls.

Then why didn't it advance? Last time the Social Link UP! message appeared immediately. Though with the ninja boss we sealed the soul away into a card right after acquiring it. So maybe it doesn't rank up when we take the soul, but when we use it? Seal it away into a card or a piece of equipment, properly imprison them and earn the squatters' favor in the process.

Tomorrow is friday right? How about this:
>Kozue Yusa on afternoon and study at night

>Okay, announcement time. Really bad news announcement time. I am so, so sorry for what's about to happen next.
Quest is over

twitter.com/TwilightThorn/status/750847442556317696

Well, that's ominous. Everything alright, Thorn?

God, I loathe myself so much right now. I hate myself with every fibre of my being for announcing this and I know how much this is going to disappoint you all. I despise that I'm doing this in the middle of a thread when you're all getting excited about what's going to happen next. This is going to be a massive fucking middle finger to you guys and I sincerely apologize for that. I wish things could be different. I truly do.

But it's too much. I simply cannot continue any longer. Writing Persona 2129 Quest is no longer fun for me. Several factors have contribute to this, including real life issues preventing a good quest schedule, deteriorating health and the fact that I have slowly been losing interest in the SMT franchise over time. I have grown weary of it all. I now detest the world I have created, the characters and the plot.

Thus, I am now officially cancelling the quest.

I'm so, so sorry. You guys, my players, have supported me every step of the way. You have made questing enjoyable for me. You have written fanfiction of my stupid characters, done voices and made posts that have made me laugh with joy. The past fifty sessions would never have been made possible without you all.

This must be so betraying to you.

Once again, I apologise from the bottom of my heart. I cannot do this enough.

I hope you can understand.

Well fuck. Ah well. Stay safe Thorn

youtube.com/watch?v=_rcmeMxxGYw
Thread theme

Welp.. guess thats that. Been a hell of a ride and sorry about being a pain. Hope you feel better.

Oh. Well, alright. I can't say I'm not disappointed, but I understand. You've got no obligation to provide entertainment to us, ultimately whether you're enjoying yourself is the real deciding factor here. Thanks for giving us what you did, it was really fun for me. Be well, Thorn. You're a cool dude.

Welp..... thanks for the past 50 threads. Get better and I hope you regain your motivation to create and write something new in the future.

Welp. At least you told us instead of simply disappearing like most QMs.

Well, that's disheartening, to say the least. Couldn't you just take a break, then come back? It sounds like you're just having a case of QM burnout. Give it a couple of weeks to relax and cool off. You might get your spark back.

I'm fairly new to the quest and had caught up on the archives, and I'm honestly a little sad to see it go, but hey, it happens to the best of us. I don't blame you for doing what you did. I know writing about the same thing over and over again can be really draining. Your health issues and real life problems should take priority.

In any case, take care, Thorn. Hope things work out for you. Enjoyed the quest while it lasted. Whatever you're doing in the future, I wish you good luck.

Thank you for telling us TT. I means a lot that you aren't one of the ones that just go off the radar.

How abouty you consider it a hiatus until P5 is out? It might inspire you to continue again.