What sort of thing does Veeky Forums drink while playing the weekly RPG?

What sort of thing does Veeky Forums drink while playing the weekly RPG?

Do you sip at it, chug it, or are you one of those SUPER SRS roleplayers who doesn't drink at the table?

Same goes for smoking. Tobacco or weed.

I prefer pic related. Comes with a free dice bag with every purchase.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Pe2L_3tPVTk
youtu.be/XNtTEibFvlQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Soda because we're unhealthy fucks.

Alcohol is expensive and cuts into gaming money.

Diet coke
we play at the local game store

Usually a beer or three (more if it goes long), and no smoking for me, though some of our players like to puff away at some fags.

Honestly, the only thing I don't like at a table is a player running late and eating dinner (especially if it's me), because this tends to slow down the already fairly arduous startup process of our games.

I tend to go through the better part of a 4 pack of >pic related on our sessions. Considering they go for about 6/7-ish hours and I space the drinks out over that period I get by pretty well.

Back in highschool, beer was the drink of choice, but soon we got old enough that we realized it was a bad idea to be having pee breaks every few minutes.

These days it's mainly whiskey, vodka, and rum, but we also have snacks. Never chips, but always stuff like crackers, cheese, and kielbasa, or fresh-baked bread, or other goodies that don't leave big messes.

The Forever DM of my group is married to a baker.

With D&D, I like a few beers- just feels good to me in a casual, friendly setting. Playing 40K and sending my Death Korps to their doom? Port wine or Scotch.
When I play Skaven all subtlety is abandoned. Absinthe (it even looks like warpstone)!

Gin. Gin, gin, gin, and more gin. It reminds me of home and all the childhood memories therein. Also weed. LOTS of weed. Cause it reminds me of my childhood just the same.
I didn't have a good childhood.

Guinness, for me. Anyone who games at my house gets unlimited venison jerky (or venison steaks and regular hot dogs, when it's warm enough outside to grill), because I was an archer in real life, before I ever started doing tabletop.

You can't afford a 10 dollar bottle of wine or something? Jesus

This. Prioritize your shit. 1/2 life 1/6 gaming 1/3 drugs. Keep shit simple.

Gaming drink of choice is either commie coke or non-alcoholic beer (I'm usually by bike and my country has zero tolerance policy).

As for the alcoholic stuff, either classic absinthe served bohemian style or gin (tonic optional).

that is seven 6ths. . .

Lately I've been having a bottle of Not Your Father's root beer for a few games each month. I schedule breaks at the halfway point and grab one then. It's relaxing and one of the only alcoholic drinks I legitimately enjoy.

2/6 drugs, 3/6 life, 1/6 gaming
l2count, lad

I homebrew so beer, mead, wine.

I do keep a small selection of various vodka's, gins, whiskey's, and rums though in case my players want something stronger.

Tobacco only, outside only. If you'd like a cigar from my selection you ask.

Coasters for drinks are requirement, especially with any of my chilled mugs or glasses.

Also be careful when you're moving mini's near the edge of the war table, I don't need dirt or sand everywhere.

I'm drunk on gin and high as fuck. Cut me some slack.

If I have some cash? IPAs, Especially anything from Stone Brewing Co (Arrogant Bastard Ale, fuck yes). For hard liquor I'm a gin man. Pour a glass of it, then open a bottle of gingerale and shoot it dirty looks as I sip.

I'm poor, though, so usually cheap beer. I've GM'd on a pair of 40oz before it it was an experience. Don't remember a lot of it but my players had a blast and tease me to this day over it.

Also the stickiest of the ickiest, especially when planning session. I like my games wierd.

in summer it's usually Angry Orchard because beer is shit and upsets my stomach. In winter I try to get down to the World Market and grab some gluwein because hot mulled wine is amazing.

You can get wasted for cheaper.
1 beer of choice 2 Rohypnol pills

Gonna go on a limb here. You have acid reflux? Cause you have acid reflux. Go down to costco and get something called OMEPRAZOLE and take 2 every morning first thing you do. Problem solved and thank me later. It's expensive as fuck but a 3 month supply is like $2 a week versus the $7 of a month supply.

>how to make it look like a suicide the post.

>IPAs

How does it feel to be a garbage hipster with garbage taste?

>a 10 dollar bottle of wine would be worth drinking

You have no idea how the dosing works. 2 pills are perfectly harmless unless you're feeding them to a toddler.
Hell, I've seen girl walk off half a package, that's like 25 pills (that was legitimate suicide attempt though)

Literally nothing wrong with basic cheap wines, faggot

I'm a medical proffesional i know exactly how the dose works. I also know that it can randomly synergize with literally anything and kill you which is usually how it goes.

Fag.

A pill is not a dose. Your dose is determined by your doctor. A pill is a conveniently packaged amount for easy swallowing.

Don't ever tell people "take 2 pills of X" they could find pills of X in a different dosage than you have and either feel nothing, encouraging them to go find more, or overdose.

Even if you're recommending a generic off the shelf product the actual dose per pill can vary from state to state and nation to nation.

Used to drink various drinks playing at a table at a vidya gaming bar, now playing at home and none of the others drink so just water. I kinda wish someone else liked alcohol at all and I like playing slightly less than sober, but it's cheaper and we're filthy students.

Also isn't Crown Royal overrated as fuck according to everyone at this board who talk about the drink? It is a nice bag but it doesn't seem quite worth it.

Everything is overrated as fuck to the elder patricians of the internet so trying to appease them is pointless. They can suck a demon cock in Hell for all I care.

who cares if people say what you're drinking is overrated, shitty, or what? drink what you enjoy and try new drinks when you want to.

Druid 1, archer, monk and I (GM) go to the store up the street and buy a handful of assorted bombers. Paladin and warlock bring a 6 pack each of Cariboo, and Druid 2 brings his own cheap teabags (I have a wide selection of fine teas on offer but he always declines) or some weird, obscure spirit and refuses to share.

It's a cheap, straightforward Canadian whiskey. Definitely not fine drinking, but more than acceptable for mixing drinks and/or drinking around to get a buzz with friends.

>it can randomly synergize with literally anything and kill you which is usually how it goes.
Any meds can randomly kill you if you got allergic reaction you didn't know of.
Handing my prescriptions pills to classmates to get wasted on them was what got me through the highschool unmolested. We're talking months to years of abuse on weekly basis, and nobody died.

Fair point. I'm talking 0.5mg pills.

I said what they ate not what they're allergic to you dumbshit. Anything they're not metabolizing right can fuck them over when you hand them that shit. Alcohol only makes it worse and being proud of what it did for you is sad. Most people got through school by growing a backbone and becoming an adult.

I did not say I'm taking pride in doing that, I'm bringing it up as an evidence that out of many attempts of approximately a dozen people there were absolutely no problems.

But damn, man, it's just a roofie, it's not like I'm advertising krokodil.

It's like advertising russian roullete as "safe".
"Yeah man! I've NEVER seen someone lose!"

Whatever liquor our group brought to the table.
youtube.com/watch?v=Pe2L_3tPVTk

Also weed, but those shots tho.

Shots! YEEE!
youtu.be/XNtTEibFvlQ

water...

get a pedal bike, bro

>wide selection of fine teas on offer
elaborate

You seem to underestimate the full extent of "zero tolerance". I could be riding a kiddie scooter or a goddamn tricycle and still get in the same kind of trouble as if it were a car.

I always get a 12 pack when playing 3.5 with my friends in our weekly DnD session. Try and mix it up each time with some new beer. It's mostly just me and one other guy drinking, though.

>hasn't had 2 buck chuck or ravenwood

Literally bottom shelf gold.

My nigga!

Currently drinking 2 buck chuck while lurking.

Fuck Stone Brewing. I blame them for this current trend of shitty, overly-hoppy beer that tastes like swill. Fuck them and fuck you for enabling them to pedal their shit.

You can like...not drink shit that you don't like.

No one is forcing you, user.

Forcing us to feel bad about drinking something we like is pretty shitty.

>CR

Gods I fucking hate plebs.

Pic related for me.

I prefer malt myself but even I'm fine with the current trend. I love having choices and new brews and brands come out every year.

It's great.

If your in the West Coast of the US, look up Reds's Apple Ale. You get a dozen cans for $13, tastes pretty good and get to pretend your wizard's drinking a cider!

Gimme a break down, how is it?

Eh.

No, no I can't. Because now the brewers that I like, such as Ballast Point, are jumping on this stupid fucking bandwagon and removing their good beers (ie Yellowtail) in exchange for wannabe Arrogant Bastard IPAs like Sculpin. Fuck Stone Brewing, they are a blight on the "craft beer" stage. Thank god I live close to Mexico and Modelo, Tecate and Pacifico are in high demand here.

And fuck Greg Koch specifically for denouncing Ballast Point; for saying that "he'll never become big beer". You fucking ponce. You're the owner of the biggest breweries in the United States. You're rated a "world-class brewery". YOU ARE BIG BEER YOU FUCK.

I'm mad.

One of the biggest breweries*

THE biggest in Southern California.

You basically described minnesota.

I like Modelo. It brings back certain memories that make gaming feel a bit bigger to me.

Minnesota ain't close to Mexico, bro.

You know I just got back after a decade of service and I went to Surley's to see what was good.

Place was a hop mine. Good, but a hop mine.

Guinness is good taste, my friend.

Just brew your own mate.

Who /oldcrow/ (poor) here?

>that much gin
>unmixed

user please, don't jump off a bridge. It gets better, really.

>brewing mate

Go away, super-devil.

I moved to LA from oregon at the beginning of the year and expected to have some problems with craft beer. Holy shit I was not ready for this. SoCal is dominated by Stone, and every fucking bar and supermarket has a huge mark up on beer prices. EIGHT FUCKING DOLLARS FOR A PINT. AND THATS JUST AN AVERAGE.

Fucking $10 six packs, $6 cheap pints, beers cost more with higher abv. No wonder there is so much murder here.

No. 1/2 = 3/6, 1/3 = 2/6. It's 6/6 in total.

Not the user you replied to but I moved here (LA) about a year ago from PA and we had distributors there. You literally cannot but a case of beer that isn't bottom tier shit like bud, colors, etc. Prices are high and choices for 12 packs are slim. I just get sierra nevada on its almost perpetual sale

Lately? Pic related. It's red wine, for all you plebs out there.

This. If you know what you're doing, you can get a tre bicchieri at that price level.

when dming: one beer. (less drinky group)

when playing: current house drink: 2 shots Rumchata, 1 shot fireball, touch of chocolate syrup, almond milk to fill the pint glass. (alcoholic group)

40's bro
Also most liquor stores sell singles, dont they?
3 bucks is 2 beers most places, that aint that bad.

It's 2016, you silly fag, it's pathetic to assume anyone's sexual preference based on what sort of beverage they drink.

Been drinking this recently, and a bottle of Glenmorangie 12yr

Fuck

Aight, user. Now I understand why you're mad.

I would be pissed too if I didn't like IPA's

When DMing:
I usually take a hit or two off my bowl, and then it's usually water only after that. I don't mind being buzzed, but as a DM I need to remain coherent.

When playing:
All games are my house so whatever liquor I have. Usually rum or whisky.

The exception is the Legend of the Five Rings game I run, I make sushi and nigiri and serve it with sake or shochu

Oh anons, don't try and be bitter at me.....my Delicious IPA is already perfectly, deliciously bitter.

I play at my local gaming store, and try to bring relevant beers for the session at hand, since this is a good excuse to socially drink something that isn't vodka.
Admittedly, only myself and the game store owner drink, but it's nice anyway.

Someone needs to explain to me the appeal of beer. It all tastes like bitter crap to me.

This or gin, but my group only drinks at about 1/3 of our games depends on the mood.

Some people like how it tastes. Not all beer tastes the same either. Personally I'm not a big beer person either, I prefer wine when playing and whiskey when gming

My group is very much the type who hate to drink because liquor taste like nail polish remover. So if the occasion arises where we want to drink, its usually rum chata with rootbeer. Taste like cinnamon toast crunch, cant taste the poison at all.

If your asking in general: Water, maybe some flavor squeeze things for it. I usually have a bunch so people are happy.

Is it stupid hot out (I live in AZ)? Then corona cause it's the only beer I've found where I'm legitimately refreshed after drinking it.

Is it not stupid hot out? Do I feel like beer? Stella then. Do I not feel like beer? Three olives cake vodka and cran/grape juice.

This guy has it correct. Beer can taste good, and in part in has to do with the changing of taste buds as you get older. If you are under 25 and don't like the taste of beer, then that's perfectly alright.
If you are over 25 and don't like the taste of beer, I would recommend trying so fruit or dessert beers, Wells Banana Bread Beer is fantastic.

>implying Apothic Red is bad

We are slavs, of course we chug beers, vodka, chaj, kava and other things in insane amounts. We dont get dizzy, if we want to get wasted we wait till the end of the session. I also sometimes home-make drinks (parsley, carrot, apple and others) and also liqeurs (fruit, egg, candy).

It's also possible they're super-tasters. I have a friend who spits out everything but super sweet sugary drinks and I always gave him shit for it and he went and got tested and, for a fact, his tastebuds had never aged past about 10 and anything that wasn't super sweet tasted awful to him. He also put ketchup on practically everything and hated spicy stuff.

People have been saying that for decades, user. But no one tells me WHEN it's supposed to get better.

That could be the case as well, I had never heard of such I thing.

>Beer
Moosehead or Guinness, depending on the weather.
>Liquor
40 creek or if I'm really fancy buffalo trace
>Smoke
Usually some indica based hybrid.

>Wells Banana Bread Beer is fantastic
Second.
I prefer their sticky toffee pudding ale though

Pic related. Or Korev

Diet coke.
We play online.

Just went out and got some Banana Bread Beer. It was still really bitter. I am under 25 though, so I really don't know. Most beer tastes the same to me and I made it a point to try a bunch of craft beers when I was in Michigan.

If you add a little ice cream or a Irish cream it cuts down the beer aftertaste, and tastes exactly like a root beer float.

It depends on my mood really. If I am running a game usually I grab a couple of inexpensive bottles of red wine or something fizzy from Trader Joe's. When I want to keep my consumption low I get some hard cider brewed locally. They brew it with pineapple, and jalapeno peppers. It is fantastic stuff. Other wise I go for something like Kentucky Bourbon ale, which tastes like magic, or just Bourbon on the rocks with a squeeze of lime.

Easy drinking red wine. Light and fruity.

As someone who's also waiting for it to get better, and as someone who's about to hit their 30's next year...I have this sneaking suspicion that it'll only get better when I make it better.

But the social stuff has gotten much easier as the people I associate with have gotten older, more mellow, more mature and more accepting.
I haven't really changed emotionally, and I haven't done enough to change my life, and that's why it's still so hard for me.

Don't dismiss therapy/psychiatry either. Until you've tried either, you can't say that they don't help. Especially if you've got childhood stuff that's still rattling around in your head; the therapy can teach you how to process that stuff and manage your emotional state, and prescriptions help with the way your brain chemistry has been fucked up by decades of torment.

If you think you're drinking/toking to escape all that shit, that's OK user. That's called self-medicating. I did that for ten years before I realized it wasn't going to be enough for me, you may be more functional than I am, i dunno. Just watch your dosage, and don't forget to treat yourself to nice things that aren't booze/weed; your body and mind will thank you.

I will include you in my cynical agnostic prayers, user, though I know that's not enough.

Cider Champagne. Very dry, but with a distinct apple cider flavor.