ELDER SCROLLS LORE THREAD

-because I need one to exist.

If anyone has the links, that'd be swell.

I kinda prefer it when this is on Veeky Forums.

Take that up with the never ending slew of barbie funtime dress up friends that infest elder scrolls threads on Veeky Forums

So why are you here? Don't they talk/argue about lore between waifu posting?

I'm making a splat for Barbarians of Lemuria and I need ideas on how to adapt some of the more involved racial specials into a slightly simplified system.

It's still going to be more involved than default BoL, since I'm taking out Combat Abilities and replacing it with Combat, General, and Magic skills; which have a default value of -2. I do want to keep the numbers lower in general, so handing out summons and magic powers is sort of a had move to make. To this end I've taken some liberties with the racial abilities to simplify them, but keep the concept similar.

The ones I need second opinions/help with are:
> Imperials
Voice of the Emperor is as easy as giving them a free +1 to Speechcraft, but Star of the West is more difficult, since I've not included a Fatigue system; planing on just having a Fatigued state which spells will induce or amend.
> Balancing Altmer and Bretons
Altmer currently have +4 to thier Magicka Affinity (which governs their threshold for spell memorization, and is half of what determines their Magicka Pool), but suffer +1 damage from all spells that deal damage, while Bretons only get +3 to their Magicka Pool (of points with which to cast spells, not how many spells they can memorize), and the suffer 1 less damage from all spell sources. I'll provide a deeper explanation of Magicka Affinity and Magicka Pool if anyone's confused by the idea.
> Nords (Woad and frost resistance)
Currently I've given them "Burly," which halves damage from all frost damage sources, and "Tough," which makes it so they only suffer 1 damage every three rounds when they're dying (in BoL you take 1 per round until you drop far enough below 0 LB to die). It works for me but I'd like a second opinion.
> Dunmer
Dunmer get Ancestral Guidance, which gives them +1 Luck Point (which function like Hero Points, but are governed by the character's Luck Attribute), and Resistance which halves all fire damage they would suffer.

Welcome. Veeky Forums has ES threads on the weekly if you didn't know; it's pretty regular.

"Lore" is not Veeky Forums. Go to /v/ or Veeky Forums with this.

Veeky Forums has elder scrolls games/lore discussion threads like bi-weekly

That doesn't make it okay. Unless you're here to talk about the actual RPG, which you are clearly not, then you need to go elsewhere as this has nothing to do with traditional games.

For further examination
Altmer
> Long Lived - +4 to all rolls vs. diseases or poisons
> Mystical Attunement – +4 to Magicka Affinity, suffer +1 damage from damage spells
Argonian
> Immunity - +4 vs. diseases, immune to poison
> Amphibious - can breathe water, halve all penalties to or from swimming
Bosmer
> Beast Tongue - no penalties to rolls to influence animals; in fact they get a +1
> Resilient - +5 vs. all diseases
Breton
> Mystical Affinity - +3 to Magicka Pool
> Dragon Hide - +1 to all rolls vs. spells, or -1 damage from spells
Dunmer
> Ancestral Guidance - +1 Luck Pool
> Resistance - halve damage from heat/fire sources
Imperial
> Star of the West - halve all suffered fatigue penalties
> Voice of the Emperor - +1 Speechcraft
Khajiit
> Eye of Night - halve all penalties form poor illumination
TWO OPTIONS HERE
A : Eye of Fear - +1 to all Speechcraft rolls to intimidate or taunt
B: Agile - +1 to all rolls to leap/tumble, 1/2 fall damage
Orismer
> Resolve - halve the duration of all persistent spells cast on Orismer; for better or worse
> Berserk - below 1/2 LB gain +2 Attack and Damage in melee; lasts for Endurance rounds; more damage reinstates after the effect has ended. Suffer 1 Fatigue after combat for each count of Berserk that passed.
Nord
> Woad - halve all damage from frost sources
> Burly - if dying, suffer 1 damage at the end of every third round
Redugard
> Resolve - +3 vs. poisons and diseases
> Adrenaline Rush - gain +1 to all rolls during your next turn after suffering damage from a mighty or legendary success.

you say that like there's not two posts discussing an rpg

It shouldn't though, especially because the good games are outdated and the general series is shit.

Literally only time this has been true was during Nazimod, which means you're a fucktard like him. TES is Commander Keen-approved, a RPG, there's a homebrew RPG for it, and lore discussions are always Veeky Forums. Enough with your mental midgetry: contribute or fuck off, and by that I don't mean make a whiny shitpost thread about MLPs lore "because baaw all lore is Veeky Forums now". I've seen your dumb kind for years.

That's why it's weekly instead of being a permanent general.

Though this was posted a bit early and will probably go unseen by those who use to find particular generals.

Does anyone know what happened to the Aldmer? The Altmer claim to be close and "pure" descendants, but races in TES don't just slowly become something else, as far as I know at least. There's always divine fuckery afoot, like with the Dunmer and Orsimer.

Cont: Okay, I was a bit harsh perhaps. I apologize. But oughtn't you be complaining about something like the half dozen MtG lore threads? They're all the same shit and the lore doesn't even matter within the context of the very game, because there are no creative or roleplaying aspects to it whatsoever.

>Commander Keen-approved

Oh, fuck you.
Your "I like it, so I can spam it wherever I want" is not a rule, you dumb shit.
In fact, the only Veeky Forums specific rule is "Board games, paper games, war games, card games, etc. go here!", while the first Veeky Forums specific rule is "This board is for the posting of video game "general" threads, which are long-term, recurring threads about a specific topic."

There's nothing wrong with the occasional lore thread, even if it's a video game lore thread, if it might be useful or inspirational towards a traditional game, but if you just want a chatroom, then take your stupid Commander Keen non-rule and shove it WAAAAAAAAAY up your ass. Way up there.

Nazimod plz leave, you were kicked out in disgrace and nobody wants your raging autismo ass back.

>There's nothing wrong with the occasional lore thread, even if it's a video game lore thread, if it might be useful or inspirational towards a traditional game
Have you noticed how that's what the thread you're complaining about is? I mean, until you started screaming like a little baby about it?

They're just what's left after all the other Mer split off.

I'm not complaining about this thread.

I'm complaining about persistent, off-topic generals, and idiots who use bullshit to try and justify them.

We have TES lore threads every weekend! And you, my friend, are very welcome.

I'll be making the thread tommorow if no one else does so.

/tesg/ doesn't discuss lore, that's what /tgesg/ is for

That wouldn't be the case if you just posted there.

What?

Have you even taken a look at ?

It's just a waifu circlejerk. They know jackshit about lore.

That wouldn't be the case if you posted there.

There's no point in trying to discuss lore amongst a sea of waifufags which don't know their lore. I'm not gonna go in there like some lore posting one man army.

I'm in /tgesg/ every weekend for good reasons

Why are people fucking fighting. The Elder Scrolls is Veeky Forums. It has a fucking RPG, UESRPG.

Then get the five other people who post here and take them with you.
Or, just set up a chatroom on a more permanent forum.

I don't understand why you think you're special.

Then at least have the decency to discuss the RPG.

Why would I do that when there's /tgesg/? No-one in it would ever want to post in /tesg/.

Stop being a bitch, go ask us on friday why we're not posting in /tesg/ and you'll see why

ITT:
> Someone starts up an elder scrolls thread on a board that regularlly has elder scrolls threads
> "What the fuck are you doing? we don't have elderscrolls threads."
> "Yes we do, look at all the other elder scrolls threads."
> "Fuck you, I don't like the elder scrolls, so never talk about it around me!"
> "... no."

/tgesg/ discusses the lore of a fantasy universe, not the games

it's not /v/

>that double watermark
I agree with you though

We are discussing the lore of the RPG.

>"why are you posting something offtopic all the time?"
>"grandfather clause"
>"that's just a fallacy"
>"nuh uh"
>"you should post this on the appropriate board"
>"but the people who like this stuff are dumb faggots"
>"we know"

/tesg/ has NOTHING to do with elder scrolls

they only play skyrim but they don't even discuss the game itself, it's just about the waifus they make in it. They use one of the elder scrolls games as modding platform but that's it

ask them why they're not calling it modded skyrin general instead, guaranteed replies of 'you mad bro? xDD' and 'waifus are here to stay'. It's literally been like that for years

to get back on track, lets do this a race at a time

Context: Players chose one of the +1s and one of the -1s form the ability modifiers, assume both traits, and then roll/chose one boon and one flaw (which I'm not to yet in the process, but am open to suggestions). In BoL these would be things like, "Mountain Man - your character is accustom to the foothills and steppes of the Black Fire Mountains; gain an advantage when rolling to climb things," and they're based on your character's origins; a combination of heritage+homeland, which is basically what the ES races are to begin with.
So, with that context I'm open to boon suggestions, but am currently much more interested in getting the abilities and traits on-point.
SO, PROBLEM RACE 1:

Khajiit
> Ability Modifiers: +1 Speed or Agility, -1 Endurance or Willpower
this works for me
> Traits
> Eye of Night - only ever suffer penalties from poor illumination at half severity
- also good, but here's the deal with eye of terror: I'm trying to avoid handing out free magical spells. To that end I'd change Eye of Fear to something like, "+1 to all Speechcraft rolls to intimidate or taunt," or, "Fear effects only last half as long on Khajiit." However, the prior promotes players playing jerk-Khajiits (arguably accurate, but not all Khajiit are punk-ass dealers), and the latter isn't really accurate to game on any level; in fact Khajiit get penalties to their willpower (in every vidya I think).
So what to do? I could give them something like, "Agile - +1 to rolls to leap/swing/tumble, and reduce fall damage by the Khajiit's Speed (to a minimum of 1)". I think it works since Khajiit almost always have acrobatics/athletics/stealth bonuses.

Your replacement for Eye of Fear sounds good.

That's nice.

But what you need to do isn't to convince me that you don't like posting in Veeky Forums. What you need to do is start discussing the Elder Scrolls RPG in a way that makes me say "Oh, they're not just making these threads to discuss video games."

That's it, really. You can go through all kinds of leaps of logic to try and explain why you think your brand of offtopic chatter should get a special exception to the rules, but all we really want to see is you guys discussing something that might interest people looking to discuss traditional games, ie. traditional games.

So, please, don't go trying these terrible "justifications" that just about anyone could try and use to justify offtopic chatter, and just stick to the best defense you have. Discuss the RPG.

Really, this whole thread derail largely is the result of you trying to say "We don't have to follow the rules!" when you really could just easily follow the rules, unless you legitimately think it's hard to discuss the traditional games aspect of the series.

Or you can just leave and then use the filter.

/tgesg/ doesn't discuss anything from the games that is irrelevant to lore though

we don't talk about dungeon design or character building

>I'm trying to avoid handing out free magical spells.

Is there a particular reason?

tell me, where did /tgesg/ touch you?

>but all we really want to see
>all we
>we

Friend, you're the only one whose having a shitfit. Besides, we don't need to convince you of anything, you're just some nobody on the Internet like the rest of us. Are you gonna shut the thread down if we don't cater to you?

Barbarians of Lemuria operates on pretty small numbers; in the base game you're unlikely to see any characters stat or roll modifiers out side of a -1 to +4 range until one or two whole campaigns have passed. As such giving nords the ability to deal bonus frost-damage with their unarmed attacks would have to basically make them deal 2 damage instead of 1 damage (which is pointless, and just there for the sake of "that's what nords have,") without making it broken. Imagine if everyone else got to punch for STR damage, and nords got to punch for STR + 3 Frost damage in a game where everyone has ~10 HP. Same thing for things like Eye of Fear or Star of the West.
I'd rather just think up passive modifiers that would make contextual sense than hand out arbitrary abilities that are just there to fill in the quota of "that's what it does in the game."
Hence Nords have Woad (which gives them a minor frost resistance) and Hardy (which makes them take 1 damage every three rounds when dying).
Which, normally, you take 1 damage/round until you reach -X and die, spend a Hero Point to stabilize yourself, or somebody resuscitates you. Hence nords are very hard to kill outside of an instant-death blow or a coup de grace.

>Friend, you're the only one whose having a shitfit.

I hate to tell you this, because you seem to desperately need to convince yourself of the contrary to preserve your ego, but by my count at least three other people here who have "expressed concern" about these threads (or told you to fuck off). Offtopic posts are annoying, but what annoys me personally is your awful attempts to try and justify it, especially when this thread really isn't that offtopic.

I understand you think you're special, but you really should just follow the rules like the rest of us and stop acting like you think you're above the rules. If anything, I'd say your hornet like buzzing does more harm than good, and is the real shitfit here.

Just play by the rules. Discuss the RPG, reference the lore when applicable, and stop acting like you've got a free pass to post offtopic stuff just because you've decided to try and cram everything onto this board because you're lazy and feel entitled.

meanwhile I'm desperately trying to discus an ES RPG the lot of you shit up my thread

Agility? I think so too; it's probably what I'm going to go with. This is mostly just me fishing for second opinions on some of the stuff I'm unsure about.

SECOND PROBLEM RACE(S)
Balancing Altmer and Bretons
CONTEXT:
Since there are no classes and everyone can learn magic, a character's Magicka Affinity will govern how many spells they can keep memorized at once. So, if it were 4 they could memorize any combination of level 1, 2, and 3 spells, so long as they didn't add up to 5+, or one level 4 spell. They don't have to have spells memorized to cast them (scrolls, staves, direct-written-reference are also options), but those are the ones they've locked in their heads to cast on the fly.

A character's Magicka Pool is their pool of Magicka Points they expend when they cast a spell. It's equal to their affinity + their willpower.

So, All things equal, if a character had an Intelligence of 1 and a willpower of 1 they'd have a Magika Affinity of 3 (INT x2) + WIL, and a Magika Pool of 4, Affinity + WIL.

SO, Altmer are supposed to add their INT x 1.5 to their Magika pool, but the odds of a character having an INT higher than 3 or 4 is minimal. So, instead I changed it to a flat modifier of +2 to their Affinity, but they suffer 1 more damage from any spell that deals damage to them; i.e. if it normally dealt 1d3, they'd suffer 1d3+1.

Bretons, on the other hand, receive less damage from magic, so I opted to instead give them a +2 bonus directly to their pool instead.

So, all else equal, both characters having an Intelligence of 1 and willpower of 1:
An Altmer:
> Affinity: 5
> Pool: 6
> Suffers +1 damage from spells

A Breton:
> Affinity:3
> Pool: 5
> Suffers -1 damage from spells

Personally I think it works, but I'm unsure.

But they're not left, are they? Not even the Altmer claim to be Aldmer, just the closest descendants.

Man, don't give the idiot Nazimod wannabe attention. He's on some nofunallowed rampage because OP pushed a MtG thread off the board or something.

THIRD and FINAL PROBLEM RACE
Imperials; Star of the West to be specific.
SInce I was going to have Fatigue just be a flat penalty to your rolls for the spell's designated period of time, Start of the West could perhaps halve either the severity or duration of Fatigue effects, or reduce it by -1 while increasing the Fatigue penalties they impose by +1.

Dunmer: summoning a ghost
Not only a touch OP in-game, but I don't think it's something all dunmer are supposed to be able to do. The Luck stat in this game will have two functions: Bonus damage to Major Successes/Legendary Successes, and it determines the size of the character's Luck Pool, which is what they have instead of Hero Points (which work like you may expect any sort of Action/Fate/Hero/Luck Points mechanic to). So, I'm planing on giving Dunmer: Ancestral Guidance - +1 Luck (meaning they'll deal +1 damage when they crit, and get 1 bonus luck-point per-adventure); the idea being that their ancestors are watching over them and either providing literal guidance through meditation/seance, or bending fate in the favor of their descendants because of their devotion to the old ways.

On this pasta, if anyone's able to answer it: wasn't Amaranth Lorkhan's goal all along in creating uh, Creation, as in he had it created it to be the designated "Arena" where the various incarnations of the Chaos-Order conflict could play out, and eventually progress to a point where Amaranth would occur? Also got some questions on CHIM, but non-meme ones.

That pasta is mostly just a load of shit and asspulling, but yes Lorkhan's end goal seems to be making way for the creation of a new Amaranth.

What's incorrect, or not adequately proven or implied, in it? I've heard of the Marukhati Selective, but didn't know there was any substantial info on what they were or did. The rest seems pretty legit at least, if not always particularly coherently explained.

Ive been out of the loop for quite some time now. Did C0DA ever become a finished thing? Any major Kirkbride shenanigans?

el friendo, let me introduce you to the Commander Keen rule, an ancient and longstanding tenet of Veeky Forums and fundamental to the understanding of our culture.

The Commander Keen rule states that, should a videogame significantly overlap with the interests of Veeky Forums (such as strategy, roleplaying, etc.), or be of a genre that is traditionally Veeky Forums material (high fantasy, sci fi, etc.), then discussion of said property is acceptable within the bounds of Veeky Forums.

As such, since the Elder Scrolls series features, among other things, a fantasy setting and roleplaying mechanics, it is perfectly acceptable to discuss on Veeky Forums.

Also, the mods haven't banned us, so it can't be that bad.

>bothering to have this argument at all
>not just ignoring it like we should

Also, guy who wanted to play Scrollhammer, are do you have time this weekend?

>Dunmer: Ancestral Guidance
I don't think that's a good thematic fit. The Dunmer are the Cursed Folk. "Dun" means "dark-skinned, gloomy or ill-favored by fate".

I don't know how Barbarians of Lemuria works, but couldn't you instead tap into the origins of the Dunmer (in design terms) as the "spellsword race"?

>good thematic fit
but it very much is, here's an extract from 'Ancestors and the Dunmer':
>e Family Shrine

Each residence has a family shrine. In poorer homes, it may be no more than a hearth or alcove where family relics are displayed and venerated. In wealthy homes, a room is set aside for the use of the ancestors. This shrine is called the Waiting Door, and represents the door to Oblivion.

>Here the family members pay their respects to their ancestors through sacrifice and prayer, through oaths sworn upon duties, and through reports on the affairs of the family. In return, the family may receive information, training, and blessings from the family’s ancestors. The ancestors are thus the protectors of the home, and especially the precincts of the Waiting Door.

Yeah, pretty much covered it.
I'm still wide-open to suggestions though.

But that doesn't translate into luck. The blessing of a venerated ancestor spirit is not the same as being lucky.

I still don't think it would be appropriate to give the one race that above all others are known for misfortune and hardship, and thrive on challenge, to be the most inherently lucky one. The Testing is cheapened by luck.
The Dunmer know this and embrace it.

To quote Savants in Morrowind:
>The native of Morrowind is Dunmer -- literally 'the Dark, or Cursed People,' or 'Dark Elves' -- are the dark-skinned Elven peoples of the East. 'Dark' is variously understood to mean 'dark-skinned,' 'gloomy,' and 'ill-favored by fate.' The Dunmer and their national character embrace these various connotations enthusiastically.

Like I said, I'm open to suggestions.
I could give them a free +1 to any of their normal racial skills; player's choice, but I feel that sort of cheapens it. It may even be too strong an advantage considering a character'd normally have to spend like 2-6 advancement points to advance a low-end skill; they'd basically be getting 3 free EXP. It makes sense the more I think about it, but I still don't think it's very flavorful.

Well, too start.
We know very little as to what Aka-Tusk really is, but from what little Kirkbride has said about him, he definitely wasn't the original time-god, but is rather just another, albeit older, deviation.
From what I understand he is intended to be a retroactive 'Akatosh before Alessia made Akatosh,' as to explain the reason why Akatosh now somehow exists in ancient Nordic myth.

Also the whole time in Lorkhan's Heart thing, is still a concept very poorly understood and only exists in reference to a very brief and vague line at the end of C0DA which may very well have completely different implications.
The idea that Lorkhan purposefully trapped Akatosh in his heart then purposefully lost it is a stupid conclusion seeing as C0DA has Lorkhan's endgame achieved through doing the exact opposite.
Notice that the guy also just seems to completely run over the fact that it was "Auriel," not Trinimac, who launched Lorkhan's Heart to Nirn with "Auriel's" Bow, because to acknowledge his presence would go against his spiel.
Then there is the Marukhati thing that always seems to spawn the must unheard of claims. All we know about the Marukhati is that they wanted to completely separate the idea of the Elven god Auriel from their own god Akatosh, and their actions cause the Middle Dawn. We aren't even sure if they succeeded or not.
Also the whole 'in-game backing' he brings up consists of some of the most third grade tier asspulled connections I have ever seen. Nothing he brings up provides any indication of the claims he makes other than pointing at blind coincidences.
To be quite frank the whole Aka-spirits crap that people go on about is mostly just a load of nonsense. The truth is that there is a pretty abhorrent lack of information regarding the whole thing that people tend to fill in themselves and call it lore.

Also that little claim he makes about the Aedra having a "physical form" at the end there is just plain wrong.

Can one (accurately) describe House Redoran as a stratocracy, Hlaalu as a plutocracy, Dres a timocracy, Indoril a theocracy, and Telvanni a technocracy? What about Dagoth, maybe an aristocracy?

>Then there is the Marukhati thing that always seems to spawn the must unheard of claims. All we know about the Marukhati is that they wanted to completely separate the idea of the Elven god Auriel from their own god Akatosh, and their actions cause the Middle Dawn. We aren't even sure if they succeeded or not.
So the big difference is that you say that what we know is that the Selective (attempted and may have managed to) split Akatosh and Auril, while the pasta says they did it into as many as eight parts?

Probably not.
The majority of them would just be standard aristocracies.
Just because Redoran favors martial power does not mean they are a military government. Indoril is definitely not a theocracy, Morrowind in whole maybe, but just because Indoril is a particularly pious house does not mean it is entirely ran by the temple. I also tend to doubt anyone who owns land in Dres territory can participate in its government.
You are probably correct in calling Hlaalu a plutocracy.
Telvanni would best be called a magocracy.

Redoran's power base is described as their relevance as military protectors of Morrowind. When something needs to be fought or guarded against, Redoran thrives, when things are peaceful, they fall apart. Most of their councilors are military men. They're not a military junta, where the military has taken charge, but they've got a tradition of considering military prowess the greatest qualifier for authority.
House Indoril was almost indistinguishable from the Temple. When the Temple's influence waned, so did House Indoril's. When the Temple collapsed, so did House Indoril's power. Temple Ordinators wore Indoril armour. Most Indoril nobles were members of the Temple, often with prominent positions. Their capital of power was the center of the Temple and its most public Living God. Although they weren't identical with the Temple, they barely existed in any capacity outside of it.
Timocracy doesn't imply equal representation for landowners. Size does matter. Almost all manual labour is carried out by slaves, who are most certainly not represented. The soldiers are mercenaries, raiders and plantation guards. It's possible that there are pure slave merchants who don't own any land and yet have official authority, I suppose, but I haven't found anything to support that.
I don't think there's any real difference between technology and some kind of magic once you go beyond regular smithing or such in TES, but it wouldn't be incorrect to call Telvanni a magocracy.

>They're not a military junta, where the military has taken charge, but they've got a tradition of considering military prowess the greatest qualifier for authority
But that does not mean House Redoran is a military.
>House Indoril was almost indistinguishable from the Temple. When the Temple's influence waned, so did House Indoril's. When the Temple collapsed, so did House Indoril's power. Temple Ordinators wore Indoril armour. Most Indoril nobles were members of the Temple, often with prominent positions. Their capital of power was the center of the Temple and its most public Living God. Although they weren't identical with the Temple, they barely existed in any capacity outside of it.
Once again, just because they are heavily involved with the temple does not mean their House is actually run by the temple. The Temple, if anything, is mostly run by House Indoril.
> It's possible that there are pure slave merchants who don't own any land and yet have official authority, I suppose, but I haven't found anything to support that
We don't really have all that much information regarding the Dres to begin with. If in your headcanon Dres is a timocracy, that's fine, but as of right now we really have no information on how they govern themselves save for alleged references to a "Dark Leige Dhaunayne."

>But that does not mean House Redoran is a military.
But it's predominantly governed by military men and its creed, purpose, and function are almost entirely military in nature. Their entire influence is based on their military relevance.
>Once again, just because they are heavily involved with the temple does not mean their House is actually run by the temple
Same with the Temple as Redoran with the military: they exist almost entirely within the boundaries of it, and what little exists outside of it is just an extension of it or due to it.

True that Dres is mostly unknown and this is sort of conjecture, but their entire economical and social structure revolves around plantations worked by slaves and the selling of the goods they produce, and the selling of slaves. When a society is concerned with what amounts to one thing, then one's proficiency at it tends to be a big deal.

>But it's predominantly governed by military men and its creed
They are not military men, they are men who have raised their own armies and influence. If Redoran was a stratocracy it would not have councilors, no ruling families and heirs, it would work like the Imperial Legion and be governed by people of military rank.
>ame with the Temple as Redoran with the military: they exist almost entirely within the boundaries of it, and what little exists outside of it is just an extension of it or due to it
As I will say now for a third time, this has nothing to do with theocracy. If House Indoril was governed directly by the Archcanon, they would be a theocracy, but they are not. House Indoril has its own ruling council just like all the other houses. Just because the house has heavy ties to the Temple does not mean it is ruled by the temple, it still has an aristocracy.

I just beat Arena. Surprisingly good game, although the difficulty ended up all over the place, and I'll admit to cheesing my way through the final dungeon with Passwall.
Certainly excited to start playing Daggerfall now.

So what does having achieved CHIM actually do, beyond a level of meta-awareness? Both Talos and Vivec became gods around the same they cher-oo'd, so do we know how much they actually used it?

What can you tell me about the Mane?

Ra'Jota is the true heir of Elsweyr, her brother isn't a true Mane.

>Also, guy who wanted to play Scrollhammer, are do you have time this weekend?

Yep, should be free this weekend. Yell at me any time past like 3PM Pacific Time and I'll spot it in the thread. Anyone else feel free to join in.

How do I join, friend?

So why do orcs always get the shit end of the stick, Veeky Forums?

Their god is a pariah. Their home land is small and always on the bridge of being conquered.

Download the latest version of Maptools, and I'll host a server. From there all you really need to know is how to drag tokens around the screen.

alri lads. Different guy to the other one asking for help balancing here.
I'm using essentially basic 5e D&D and adding in a bunch of additional spells, subbing for the ten races and adding an enchanting mechanism, this is all going swimmingly and my campaign is three sessions deep chasing necromancers out of Skingrad county in 4e 431.
But another mechanism I've added is Et'Ada boons. these are just once a day spells (the equivalent of greater powers) you get for dilligently following your god.
for example devoting to talos gives: The Shezzarine; detect nearby elves once per day.
Devoting to Sanguine gives: Inebriate (advantage on rolls to convince NPC's to engage in morally dubious behaviour)
currently unbooned are Dibella, Mara, Clavicus Vile and Namira

>I'm using essentially basic 5e D&D and adding in a bunch of additional spells
Pretty much what I've done, I also changed the spell slots system to a magicka points one. Didn't add an enchanting mechanic though, how are you doing that? We have alchemy instead.

I think you can do better with that Talos, I can't think of a lot of situations where it would be useful.

I added soul trap as a spell, (my cleric learnt it by raiding some necromancers library) and soul gems as fairly common loot in most magey dungeons.
the system is deliberately underpowered for early game. Basically the soul levels are just what I decide them to be. the different levels use higher dice for heal on strike and activate on strike weapons with a fairly huge chance it just won't activate, the spell effect already has to be (loosely) known to the caster, and enchanting itself has to be learnt in game as a reward. Armour enchants are more of a clusterfuck but I'm going on the rule that anything below a CR5 soul on armour is basically useless.
Just for a quick example a dagger enchanted with a CR2 soul (petty) would do 1d4 additional damage, with only a 10% chance of the enchantment firing. chance to hit rises in increments of 5% capping at 30% to fire and 5d4 extra damage for a grand soul.

Nah, I prefer having the lore threads here.

The Commander Keen rule isn't a rule, it's what offtopic shitposters use to try and justify their offtopic shitposting.

If you hadn't noticed, many of the past video game generals that would be posted on Veeky Forums do get moved to Veeky Forums, because you are trying to cite a fake rule made before Veeky Forums existed and acting like a smug cunt about it.

Do Argonians have a political structure beyond the tribal level? Are they capable of defying the Hist?

I asked this in the ES General but I figured I'd ask it here too. What is the Aldmeri Dominion / Thalmor's stance on the Orsimer?

Do they recognize them as Mer? And do they have any particular issue with their Malacath worship (especially considering he's Trinimac; the elven hero).

>If Redoran was a stratocracy it would not have councilors, no ruling families and heirs
Stratocracy doesn't imply an absence of any of that. Nobody inherits important positions in House Redoran either, they have to be promoted or elected to advance. Sure, there's nepotism, but that doesn't run contrary to it being a stratocracy either. The Cossacks are an example of a historical stratocracy, and they had noble houses and heirs and such.
>it would work like the Imperial Legion and be governed by people of military rank.
There are other ways of organizing militaries than the Legion way, and Redoran's military chain of command is pretty much identical to its civilian chain of command. You position in the House determines both your civilian and military authority.

>"A stratocracy (from στρατός, stratos, "army" and kράτος, kratos, "dominion", "power") is a form of government headed by military chiefs. It is not the same as a military dictatorship or military junta where the military's political power is not enforced or even supported by other laws. Rather, stratocracy is a form of military government in which the state and the military are traditionally or constitutionally the same entity, and government positions are always occupied by commissioned officers and military leaders"
House Redoran fits it completely. House Redoran is always headed by military chiefs, because in becoming a head of the House, you're granted the military authority of a military and civilian chief both. There's no separation between civilian and military power in House Redoran.

I think the official stance is similar to their opinion of Dunmer. Better than humans but still not true Auriel worshipping elves. I don't think they recognise them as mer, there are some books written by altmer that theorise the orsimer are some sort of goblinkin, but that might be retconned.

Cool, a follow up to that. Do the Orsimer have prejudice against Orcs that pursue the favour of other Daedra? Can you even venerate Malacath and other Daedra at the same time e.g. An Orc hunter who venerates Hircine?

/tesg/ is tusking trash, even TESO player didn't want to be with waifufags. Even if we discussed from the lore or TESO, we don't want to see waifufags and shit memes etc. /tesg/ is almost the most /v/ thread in Veeky Forums

The only orcs I know of ever that didn't revere Malacath were a sect in Orsinium that believed that Malacath was a demon created the instant the Trinimac was transformed and his entire purpose is to distract orcs from their true god who is still alive, Trinimac. They did not last long as cults go.

let's go boys

>Yell at me any time past like 3PM Pacific Time
Might have to take you up on that offer.
Also hi, Duke. How are you doing?

>Stratocracy doesn't imply an absence of any of that
A stratocracy is a government ruled through military rank. Redoran members would have to go through military regiment to gain political power, their would be no ruling families.
>Nobody inherits important positions in House Redoran either, they have to be promoted or elected to advance
The book Hope of the Redoran heavily implies that council seats can be inherited.
Brara Morvayn inherited Remas Morvayn seat on the council after his death.
>The Cossacks are an example of a historical stratocracy, and they had noble houses and heirs and such.
The Cossacks are a stratocracy because they were basically a settled army. Their villages were military bases. Their political leaders were people of military rank. Their nation literally referred to itself as an "army." Their clans are not a quality of stratocracy, rather it denotes that they did not run a perfect stratocracy. Saying that cossacks had clans is not evidence that House Redoran is a stratocracy. If Redoran was actually a military, it would be far more organized than the tribal cossacks
>House Redoran fits it completely. House Redoran is always headed by military chiefs, because in becoming a head of the House, you're granted the military authority of a military and civilian chief both
I don't know if you don't know what a military is or not, but House Redoran is very clearly not a military.
House Redoran is clearly made up of powerful individuals and families who have used their influence to raise their own armies. They are certainly not people who have risen to their ranks through a singular military hegemony. Hell, you can tell by the way House Redoran's rankings work that the House is clearly not a military.
You are also pulling this 'Redoran military and civilians are the same' completely out of your ass.