Kill Me

Kill Me

>Enchanted creature is a colorless land
..and loses all other card types and abilities
I thought they said Humility effects were a mistake.

People called this ages ago
Actually now that I think about Veeky Forums thought that Emrakul was already in the moon or was THE moon

>Phyrexia takes 10,000 years to defeat
>The Eldrazi take 3 months to defeat

JUST

Remember Vindicate? Remember how sick that art was? Remember how important it was for the story?

This and Fall of the Titans are embarrassing. How are the Eldrazi even threats? Apparently all you gotta do is get a couple PWs together and its easy.

>Urza said he'd get rid of phyrexia
>Nissa said she'd get rid of the eldrazi
...Sure don't see any eldrazi around anymore.

Urza also ended up joining Phyrexia.

It was so impactful because it was the culmination of years of story development. It would've fallen similarly flat if Invasion came on the heels of another great victory for Weatherlight & Co.

Urza accomplished his goals, he had no idea Karn was infected by the oil.
No he was forced to fight in the arena against Gerrard who promptly decapitated Urza. It was Mishra who joined the phyrexians

That's because he saw the light.

All will be one.

So is this it? No more Eldrazi? Or is Emmy going to bust out in a few years?

Emrakul is still alive, just inside a moon.

Yawgmoth is dead.

>No he was forced to fight in the arena against Gerrard who promptly decapitated Urza
So that whole part when he ended up talking to yawgmoth for a good 30 minutes and promptly killed the other Titans never happened then?

thats a fairly decent removal card desu. about time blue got one. i like it

no, he willfully fought gerrard after abandoning his brother (or a phantom/illusion thereof) because he was brainwashed and it literally took him losing his head to bring him back to what passed for his senses.

I can't. Thus is already hell.

>he had no idea the Phyrexian Power Stone would infect Karn

chalk up another mistake to the ledger

>Urza accomplished his goals, he had no idea Karn was infected by the oil.
He also missed like, a million planes that phyrexia owned and controlled.
Elspeth is from an old phyrexia world. The only Karn phyrexia world is New Phyrexia/Mirrodin

>three Old Walkers have to lay an intricate trap on a special plane over the course of at least decades just to have a chance at imprisoning the Eldrazi
>a team of faggot Neowalkers, with essentially zero prep time, manage to imprison one on a plane essentially driven insane by the presence of Emrakul and straight up KILL Ulamog and Kozilek

10/10 writing.

>The only Karn phyrexia world is New Phyrexia/Mirrodin
>Implying Kaladesh wasn't one of the worlds he visited while infect with Super Aids
>Implying Kaladesh isn't going to be overrun by Phyrexians soon

Jacetice league ho!

I can't wait for them to encounter Phyrexia for the first time and get wrecked.

Emrakul is sealed in a moon in a setting where people don't have Piccolo moon-busting powers and surprisingly never really did. Emrakul is as good as gone now. Full moons'll give people hella nightmares and the angels will act wonky, but that's about it.

>Yawgmoth is dead
And his monsters are still running around countless planes and have already replaced him with a Porcelain Meat statue.
Back to square one, I guess?

>turn a permanent into a land
>blue
Of course.

It's worse than Oblivion Ring/Detention Sphere. But I guess those are too powerful for Standard...

>Yawgmoth is dead.
>believing the lie

>Phyrexiafags, every time and without fail. Imagine if you guys were eldrazifags, saying "Emrakul gonna eat your plane" for years. You're literally more annoying than them

>two old walkers are told what to do by a third and trust him implicitly for no reason
>a bunch of desperate neowalkers decide to ignore the old dragon's warnings and prove that he's full of shit
I'm not saying it's brilliant writing, but maybe, just maybe, Ugin is not some omnibenevolent genius.

>be me, a Lagefage
>Almost no-one remembers who Marit Lage is anymore
>Not even phyrexiafags, who are in the same place
fml

I thought the only reason Ugin said not to kill them was in case they had some greater purpose that removing them would cause even more damage

People tend to respect the giant, ancient glowy dragon who acts like a wise old man.

Karn Karn'd up pretty much every world Karn went to.
Elspeth's home could have been Karn'd by Karn.

Yes, there was some MYSTICAL COSMIC BULLSHIT about killing them, like they were aspects of inherent forces in the universe or some such shit.

>"So I swoop in and tell them what I want them to do. Give a few vague lines about greater purpose, and then show off how ancient and dragony I am. Works every time!"

For some reason. Has Ugin actually done anything to justify people thinking he's wise?

which is exactly what he wants
that's his story, and even if it's true, he never said they can't be killed, just that it's maybe not the best idea. the gatewatch basically just said "desperate times, fuck their shit."

Elspeth's world was ruled by Old Phyrexians

he tends to know a little more than his audience whenever possible, also he's a dragon, and in sorin's case, he was way older, which is saying something. otherwise, absolutely nothing

"The Eldrazi probably have a greater purpose and are a necessary part of the cosmic ecosystem. Killing them could cause untold danger. Instead let's imprison them indefinitely."

Ugin just said they *might* be that. He had no proof.

Anyway, there were two reasons they were able to imprison Emrakul with no "prep time": Tamiyo had already been studying the moon for a long time; and they already understood how the hedron network worked from Zendikar. Yes, Ugin, Sorin, and Nahiri spent a long time *developing* the system, but once it existed, anyone could understand the principles and apply them elsewhere.

No, they're just too powerful to be mono U.

Be realistic, they'll win in the second set.

THE COLOR PIEEEEEE!!! IS DEADDD!!!

I'll jam one into my UW decks for sure. Great way to get rid of Commanders.

Humility effects are a mistake when they can end up applying to the permanent that is producing them.

Source is the art book that came out Tuesday

>I can't wait for them to encounter Phyrexia for the first time and wreck them with zero prep time
fixed

Wizards has said Phyrexia is the be all, end all, final big bad of MTG. I doubt they'd lose that fast

Don't hold your breath. The Jacetice League will probably show up on New Phyrexia and use the moons of Mirrodin to pull some magic bullshit that destroys all the Phyrexians with no tension at all.

MaRO has, and that might just be MaRo's delusional wish.

that picture turned out shitty; here's a better one

>every block from now on will just be the jacetice league stumbling into danger and defeating it with zero effort

Return to Shadows of Innistrad will have Phyrexians bust Emmy out of moon-jail.

Moonlace

THIS fucking phyrexiafags thinking phyrexia will just show up like the Joker in a Batman movie.

>They arrive on New Phyrexia. Fight for 3 minutes.
>They all decide 'Nope' and drop the red and green moons haphazardly on the Artifact plane.
>Koth survives because they made Gideon kidnap him to Theros.

none of them were Green, NIssa's magics allow for this shit pretty easily.

the Old Walkers were simply not attuned to the right magic.

The two final bosses are either Phyrexia or Nicol Bolas.

Guys!

Guys!

Hey, listen, Guys!

What if...

What if they...

Shut up, Guys!

What if New Phyrexia attacked Ravnica and assimilated all the guilds?

>The final boss is both Phyrexia and Nicol Bolas.

>Emrakul was on top of them before they realize "we can just lock her in the moon" which they then immediately do with no effort

PHyrexian soldiers are nothing special

Elspeth (superhuman as she is though) killed them by the legions.

Well, Nissa's part sounded like it took a fuckton of effort. Then again, it seems Nissa's job here is permanently ramping for everyone.

>Elspeth (superhuman as she is though) killed them by the legions.
And they still lost because where 10,000 die there are 1,000,000,000 more tot take their place. Plus they can reuse their dead.

MtG : Age of Bolas will have Nick send his new minion Nahiri to break Emracool free, in half a set.

and? its just numbers, they aren't particularly strong or intelligent, infact, they are fanatics, and they are also fight amongst themselves.

they are not the threat they used to be.

and there isn't THAT many people on fucking MIrrodin son.

Nahiri wouldn't, nor would she serve Bolas, who, to her, would look like an even douchier version of Sorin.

just another manipulator that thinks nothing of his underlings, the very thing that caused her to rebel against sorin.

Fine, good, whatever. Can we get back to the other 2 big bads we had? Bolas and Phyrexia are way more interesting than Kaiju Cthulhus.

There don't need to have been "THAT" many people. Phyrexians breed their own minions as well as compleating people.

Phyrexia isn't interesting, and its been in so many sets that it got old.

splicing it into 3 other colors (Phyrexia was always black-red) didn't particularly change much for me.

literally the first 11 years of Magic is "PHYREXIAAAAAA" and now faggots still want more.

>Phyrexia was always black-red

Red was the worst color for Phyrexia, and it's good that New Phyrexia reexamined them.

They realized it then because that's when Tamiyo showed up

"As if following the moon, Tamiyo arrived on the scene"

Tamiyo bailed them out; they were fucked otherwise

>literal last minute deus ex machina

There's a marked difference between old phyrexia and new phyrexia. Old was yawg going on a power/revenge trip while new phyrexia is just "everything. Must. Be. Lizards."

thats how it was for everyone who was born under Phyrexia regardless of who's in power.

my point stands, people yearn for more of Phyrexia, when we've been given more than a decade of them.

Magic lacks true villians, just "PHYREXIA" again and again being the only interplanar vallain is weak as fuck, Bolas was their attempt to add another, but he's almost comically aloof.

the Eldrazi were just gaint Bacteria, no intent about them.

I'm not saying it's a flawless story or anything, but it's possible for people to complain about it without being idiots while doing so

>new phyrexia is just "everything. Must. Be. Lizards."

That's not even the case. The factions within New Phyrexia each have their own ideas about how Phyrexia should operate and only the voice of the Father of Machines can get them to compromise.

That would suck.

I kind of feel they struck a chord with everyone's favorite GB planeswalking Jason, but then they never developed further on that idea...

Phyrexia sans Yawgmoth just isn't the same.

>people actually wanting plots to take place over 3+ years

what the fuck is wrong with you guys? That would be fucking horrendous, It's way better that we get a semi-contained story in each block so we aren't stuck with the same old shit for half a decade, on top of that it would be terrible for new players trying to get into the game halfway through an arc

>terrible for new players
who the fuck cares

I don't see how he's wrong.

Tamiyo shows up, some magic mumbo jumbo is tossed around, and Emmy gets thrown into the moon in two short paragraphs.

It reads like I got my dumbest friend to give me a summary of a movie he watched a week ago.

You ARE reading the summary of the plot. That's what the artbook is. Now shut up and read the weekly stories so you can know how bad it is.

Yawgmoth's desire to invade Dominaria, the main setting of Magic at the time, and his conflicts with Urza is what made Phyrexia interesting. Without that, they're just dollar store Borg.

>plots to take place over 3+ years
Gideon has been slowly forming the gatewatch since 2010. He made Jace into a lawmage, forced Chandra into the purifying fire, turned Nissa away from species discrimination, and he's about to sink his claws into Liliana and make her able to summon spirits and shit. He is about to create a team of W/x fighters under his command for the express purpose of seeking to maintain order across the multiverse. The past 6 and next 5 years will be discussing how the greatest white planeswalker of all time won everything.

The people making money. That's who.

>Moonlace
What about it?

>the greatest white planeswalker of all time
Wait, Serra's back?

Yeah, I'd love semi-contained and contained world but it seems that current direction is connecting everything to the Gatewatch. I don't even mind seeing them once in awhile or in the background, like SOI story wise had a nice execution with Jace there, but having them in spotlight 24/7 gets really tiring.

Serra was an IDIOT.

she lost a loved one, made a safe space, and then when the safe space got invaded, killed herself.

I just realised Ugin's pattern on those flaps on his neck look just like the Eldrazi card frame from BFZ and the patterns on hedrons. Neat.

they are his design idiot.

of course they look the same he designed the HEdrons.

Precisely. They built up Yawgmoth as just the be-all, end-all villain. An evil man who ascended to higher and higher lofts of greatness, eventually becoming this Godlike figure.

Phyrexia itself and it's bio-machine compleation was just a backdrop to the evil of Yawgmoth, it was never the central element for why they served as an effective villain.

I think another factor that really helped Old Phyrexia was the cards themselves. I mean look at YawgWill and Bargain, you fucking know shit is real when the cards named after the BBEG are this fucking insane.

Then in Scars... I guess New Phyrexians have like AIDs... AIDS is cool I guess.

sounds like tumblr before its time

That's just an awful name. Why didn't they call it "Lunar Sealing"? That way it sounds cooler and could be reprinted sometime. Now it's stuck to this story and has an awkward name.

>people actually wanting plots to take place over 3+ years
The Eldrazi were introduced in original Zendikar ,so we had the three titans introduced in Rise of the Eldrazi they did nothing for 6 years and then are deal with in less than 1 year. With a pacing like that you couldn't build them as a serious threat.

Those were the most autistic , how can someone really think that emrakul was the moon.
but yeah, this is not a surprise for anyone

I mean, I didn't word it right. I never actually noticed he had any pattern on the flaps because I never saw a high res picture of him. Now, let's drop the insult use, shall we, Mr Fuckface?

Gideon is the man who started going by a different name because some stranger called him the wrong name and he never corrected them. He's kind of an idiot himself.

he did that because Kytheon essentially died with his friends

It's because Wizards kept dropping "subtle" hints that something was up with the moon, and people were hoping that there had to be more going on with the moon than it just being a giant Helvault. Turns out they gave Wizards too much credit.