Dragonball Quest #46

>>Previous threads

suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?searchall=dragonball quest

>>Information

This quest, as the title suggests, takes place in the world of Dragon Ball. You're playing as a thirteen year old boy named Tofoo, and will adventure through the story of the Dragonball series alongside characters such as Goku, Yamcha, Bulma, Tien, and many others. Through your actions, you can make significant changes to the story, and perhaps even become the strongest fighter on Earth.

>Rules

At the end of each update you'll have ten minutes to vote on options. Write-ins are allowed, but I do reserve the right to veto them.

In the event of a draw, the option to receive the next vote wins

Rolls will be used on certain occasions, such as attempting a technique for the first time or attempting something extremely difficult. You will have three rolls, and if one succeeds, you succeed. There are no crits.

Rolls are made AFTER an option wins, not during the voting process

I hope everyone has fun.

>Current Saga

Tournament Training

>>youtube.com/watch?v=SPFCHuEegsk

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10691992
twitter.com/AnonBabble

strawpoll.me/10691992

You and your friends rise soon after the sun, putting on your snow gear and running out the door.

Most of the villagers are still asleep, so you really don't see anybody as the three of you run toward the nearby woods, planning to enjoy a peaceful stroll together.

"Oh! There's a lake near here that's great for skating on!" Suno says cheerfully, hopping over a log. "We should go there!"

"We didn't bring skates," Eighter reminds her.

"Oh, come on, Eighter," Suno says. "We don't need them, we can slide around in our boots. It's lots of fun! The ice is strong, too, so you don't have to worry about breaking it."

Eighter smiles. "That does sound nice."

>A. That sounds fun

>B. You want to do something else (specify)

>>B. You want to do something else (specify)
Doing skating but do it in your bare feet. Make training out of it. Like a way to endure pain.

eh sounds interesting so I'll support.

>A. That sounds fun

You agree with the suggestion to go skating on the lake, but make a plan on your own to skate without shoes on as a kind of pain endurance. There definitely has to be time for fun with your friends, but training is one thing you can't slack off on.

The three of you walk through the woods, finding them to be empty and peaceful. Nothing disturbs you, and you see few animals beyond the occasional rabbit. It's quiet and serene.

At least until the shouting starts.

With how quiet everything else is, you're able to hear the voices loud and clear. You pick up two of them, both men, calling to each other from up ahead.

You find yourself staring at the lake Suno had described, where a pair of men armed with guns stand facing one another. They're wearing similar uniforms, and have the same kind of gun, so they probably work together.

"This is ridiculous," one of them tells the other. "How does the king expect us to find this thing? This area is huge, and it's probably not even here to begin with."

"And if it is, someone probably already found it," the other soldier says. "It's the Dragonballs all over again; the king's just chasing fairy tales."

"So then why are we even bothering with it?" the first soldier asks.

"Because he'll have our heads if we don't at least make it look like we were looking," the second soldier tells him. "He'll have Vango tear us apart,or Captain Moron will do it before we even leave this place."

"Suno, do you know these men?" Eighter asks.

The girl shakes her head. "I've never seen them before."

>A. Go up to the men and ask them what they're looking for

>B. Stay where you are and see if you can find out anything else

>C. Ask Suno if she knows about anything that's supposed to be hidden around here

>D. Something else

>>B. Stay where you are and see if you can find out anything else
>>C. Ask Suno if she knows about anything that's supposed to be hidden around here

>B. Stay where you are and see if you can find out anything else

>>B. Stay where you are and see if you can find out anything else

Going out and confronting these men doesn't seem like a great idea, especially without knowing why they're here. So, you stay where you are, listening as they continue to discuss how much they hate their jobs.

"This wouldn't be as bad if they'd sent more than a dozen people to cover an area this huge," one of the soldiers says. "I don't get why he didn't send more."

"Because all the others are busy helping with collecting those stupid gems," the other reminds him. "He says this is the most important thin, but he can't spare the manpower."

"Well, no use complaining," the first soldier sighs. "We have a job to do, so we might as well try and do it. I'll check around the lake, you head into the woods near the village, and try not to start any trouble."

"Why?" the second one asks. "I didn't think they were very hostile."

"Well, you heard about Muscle Tower, right?" the first one asks. "After that whole mess, they probably won't be too happy to see armed soldiers around.So just try and keep your distance."

"Fine," the second says. "I'll see you back at camp."

The first soldier turns way from you, beginning to circle the lake, while the other turns in your direction.

You and your friends duck behind some trees, hiding as the soldier passes.

>A. Let him pass

>B. Grab him so you can ask some questions

>C. Say hello

>D. Go back to the village

>E. Something else

>C. Say hello, but tell the others to go back to the village

seconded

Yeah

>E. Something else

>bluff that we know where the gem is

"Hello!" you say to the soldier as he passes.

The man spins, pointing his gun at you, lowering it when he sees that it's just a kid.

"Geeze, kid," the soldier sighs. "You almost gave me a heart attack. You shouldn't just surprise someone like that when they have a gun."

He sees Eighter, and he lets out a cry of fear, drawing his gun.

Eighter raises his hands in front of his face, waving them and shaking his head.

"Please, do not be afraid of me," the Android pleads. "I will not harm you."

The soldier takes a step back before lowering his gun.

You ask Eighter and Suno to go back to the village.

"But, what about you?" Suno asks.

"Come, Suno," Eighter tells her. "Tofoo will be fine."

Your friends head for home, leaving you and the soldier alone.

"Look, kid, I don't know what you're doing out here, but I don't have time to look after you," the soldier says. "I have a job to do."

>A. Ask what he's looking for

>B. Offer to help him out

>C. Ask who he works for

>D. Something else

>>A. Ask what he's looking for

>C. Ask who he works for

"What are you looking for?" you ask the man.

"Some old book the king wants," the soldier tells you. "There aren't any big libraries in the village, are there?"

You don't think there are any libraries at all in the village, so you tell the soldier you don't think the book is there.

"Who are you working for?" you ask.

"King Gurumes," the man answers. "He sent us to find this book. Anyway, when you head back to the village, can you let the people know what we're doing here? This job's bad enough without having to deal with a panic."

>A. Sure

>B. Ask what the book is about

>C. Tell him that he and the other soldiers should leave

>D. Something else

>B. Ask what the book is about

>>B. Ask what the book is about
I mean, we can keep an eye out and ask around.

>>B. Ask what the book is about

"What's the book about?" you ask the soldier.

"Some old story about a sleeping princess," the soldier tells you. "The king thinks the story's true, and thinks this book will tell him where the princess is."

>A. So, the king wants a girlfriend

>B. Ask about the story

>C. Tell him that you'll keep a look out

>D. Something else

>B. Ask about the story

>A. So, the king wants a girlfriend
nice trips

>A. So the king wants a girlfriend?
We movie now.

>>A. So, the king wants a girlfriend
>>B. Ask about the story

Is she cute?

Thank you

Indeed

>>A. So, the king wants a girlfriend
>C. Tell him that you'll keep a look out

"So, the king wants a girlfriend?" you ask.

"I don't know why the king wants to find her," the soldier admits. "Orders are orders, though, so we're supposed to do whatever we can to find her."

"Is she cute?" you ask.

"She's supposed to be beautiful," the soldier answers. "But it's a really old story, so I don't know how she looks now, if she even exists."

Curious now, you ask the man to tell you the story.

"Sorry, but I've spent enough time talking," the man says. "I need to get back to work. Goodbye!"

He walks past you, resuming his search.

>A. Go talk to the other soldier

>B. See if you can find the camp

>C. Go back to the village

>D. Something else

As the man disappears, you decide to go looking for the camp he and his friend had mentioned before.

Making your way around the lake while keeping to the trees, you see if you can find any signs of other soldiers. You don't see or hear anything, until you look up and spot some smoke billowing in the distance. Where there's smoke, there's usually fire.

The camp is probably there.

You decide to head in that direction, and as you get closer to the source of the smoke, you can hear someone shouting.

"I didn't ask for your opinion!" a shrill voice yells. "I told you that nobody is going home until we find the king's book!"

"But sir, how do we even know it's here?" a second voice asks.

"The king says it is, and that's enough!" the first voice hollers. "Unless you're doubting his majesty's wisdom."

Approaching the voices, you find a small clearing with a few tents set up, and a large bonfire.

In a recliner by the bonfire, a skinny man with pale skin lies, eyes looking bloodshot, and fingers tapping against the armrests.

A nervous looking soldier stands in front of him, shifting uncomfortably as he looks at the man.

"Well?!" the thin man demands. "Why are you still here? Get back to work!"

"Y-yes, sir!" the soldier stammers before turning and running into the woods.

>A. Observe the skinny man for a bit

>B. Walk over and say hello

>C. Tell him he should be nicer to his soldiers

>D. Something else

Who dat?

>>A. Observe the skinny man for a bit
As a human, it's a good idea for us to practice being a space duck.

You decide to watch the skinny man for a little bit.

His eyes dart around the clearing, possibly checking to make sure that he's alone. Once satisfied with his privacy, he reaches into his pocket, and pulls out a beautiful red gem, which he cradles gently in the palm of his hand.

"These fools are so weak and selfish," he mutters, whether to the gem or himself, you don't know. "Don't they understand what's at stake here? Gurumes promised, all the Blood Rubies I can carry. He promised. And all I need to do is bring him that book. But these soldiers just complain and ask questions. Worst excuses for soldiers I've ever seen, all the good ones are helping with the collection."

He closes his eyes. "But, it's okay. It's okay. Soon we'll have what we came here for, and we'll be well rewarded. I'll be rich beyond imagining, and I'll sleep so much easier."

>A. Go ask the man what that gem is

>B. Go tell the man to be nicer to his soldiers

>C. Walk over and see what happens

>E. Something else

>>D. Go back to the village
Lets see if anyone there knows about the gem or book or this guy.

>C. Walk over and see what happens

>E. Tell the man that the gem is pretty

You decide to head back to the village. Turning around, you begin to make your way back, when you hear the man's voice shrieking from behind you.

"WHO ARE YOU?!" he howls. "What are you doing here?! Men! We're under attack!"

You hear the sounds of soldiers moving toward you, but they're far enough off for you to easily avoid them. Moving as fast as you can, you reach the village rather soon, arriving at Suno's home to find her and Eighter playing in the snow fort the three of you built yesterday.

"Hi, Tofoo!" Suno greets, throwing a snowball that hits you in the face.

She laughs, while Eighter prepares to throw a huge one at you.

He stops, frowning. "Tofoo, what's wrong?"

>A. Something doesn't seem quite right about the soldiers in the area

>B. Ask if the village chief is around, you need to speak with him

>C. Ask Suno if you can speak to her parents

>D. Snowball fight!

>E. Something else

Every thread

It's warranted this time.

Thanks user, you're pretty.
E. Apologize for spoiling the fun

Hey goofball, there is a board for Quests now.

Wow, really? I didn't know, thanks, goofball

Hey goofball, there are ropes for hanging yourself now.

I know we are but I got to ask, should we get involved?

Suno stops laughing, looking between you and Eighter with some concern.

You explain to Eighter and Suno that something seems wrong about the soldiers, and ask if you can speak to the village chief.

"I will take you to him," Eighter says. "Suno, can you get more snowballs ready for when I get back?"

"Sure," the girl says before beginning to roll up snowballs.

Eighter leads you through the village, until you reach a house that you assume belongs to the chief.

"This is where I live, now," Eighter explains, opening the door. "The chief is a very nice person."

"Well, what's this?" the chief asks as Eighter leads you in. "You're one of the boys who beat the Red Ribbon Army, aren't you?"

The man smiles, walking over. "I heard you were staying at Suno's house. What brings you to mine?"

>A. Ask if he's ever heard the story of the Sleeping Princess

>B. Ask if he knows about any books being hidden around here

>C. Ask what he knows about King Gurumes

>D. Ask if he knows what a Blood Ruby is

>E. Something else

>>C. Ask what he knows about King Gurumes

>C. Ask what he knows about King Gurumes
>D. Ask if he knows what a Blood Ruby is

>E, all of the above

"Have you ever heard of someone named King Gurumes?" you ask the chief.

"Why yes, I have," he answers. "He rules a fairly small kingdom to the East. It's supposedly a beautiful place with fertile farmland that made the kingdom fairly wealthy. Gurumes himself is supposed to be a pretty good king, though very reclusive."

"Do you know what a Blood Ruby is?" you ask.

"They're the rarest and most valuable gemstones in the world," the chief explains. "If you find even one, you can sell it for enough money to never have to work again."

You guess that explains why the skinny man was so eager to get some from King Gurumes.

>A. Ask if he knows the story of the Sleeping Princess

>B. Ask if he knows about any valuable books around here

>C. Ask what he knows about King Gurumes's army

>D. Ask if he knows that King Gurumes sent soldiers nearby

>E. Something else

>A, B, C

Seconding.

>A. Ask if he knows the story of the Sleeping Princess

Backing

Wait, what year is the planet Vegeta destroyed? Has it happened yet? Was it like, right after Goku left, or not for awhile after?

It was right after Goku left.

Right after Goku left, so about 5 minutes.

It blew up right after Goku left, and Bardock has probably been dead for a few thousand years.

"Have you ever heard the story of the Sleeping Princess?" you ask the chief.

"Well, yes," he answers, seeming a bit confused. "The story goes that long ago, when demons and monsters still roamed the Earth, there was a wicked Count named Lucifer, who ruled over legions of demons and the undead from a place called Devil's Castle. Lucifer captured a princess of great beauty and power, and locked her away in the castle, placing a curse on her that has left her sleeping for thousands of years. They say that she remains locked within the Devil's Castle, sleeping to this day."

"Do you know about any valuable books around here?" you ask.

"Well, most families here have books, but I don't think any of them are all that valuable," the chief tells you. "In fact, we don't have too much of value here, these days. Before the Red Ribbon Army even showed up, a band of thieves attacked the village and stole from many people."

"How awful," Eighter comments.

The chief nods. "It was a shame, but luckily, no lives were lost. We can at least be thankful for that."

"Do you know anything about King Gurumes' army?" you ask.

"Not much," the chief says. "It's an old kingdom, and there used to be a lot of war. Like every other king, Gurumes has an army ready to defend his kingdom from invaders."

He gives you a puzzled look. "Where are all these questions coming from?"

>A. You're just curious

>B. Tell him about the soldiers in the woods

>C. Ask if he knows where the thieves went

>D. Ask if he knows where Devil's Castle is

>E. Something else

Damn.

"They seem to be looking for a book about the Sleeping Princess. They say their soldiers of King Gurumes, at the moment they don't seem they might cause trouble, but..."

At least if Frieza hits us with a Supernova we know it won't kill us, just send us back in time.

>C. Ask if he knows where the thieves went
>D. Ask if he knows where Devil's Castle is

This and C

Post more QT Saiyans

Gine is the best Saiyan girl.

Dragonball Minus a shit, but Gine a cute

>qt Saiyan waifu never
>18 never
It hurts.

I agree completely. Bardock: Father of Goku is so much better. And since we're doing movies, if we're hit by Supernova do we go back in time?

"There's soldiers in the woods who say they work for King Gurumes and are looking for the Sleeping Princess," you explain.

"Soldiers? Here?" the chief asks. "Oh, this is not good."

You assure him that right now, they don't seem be causing any trouble.

"Still, after the Red Ribbon Army, we can't take any chances," the chief says. "Something needs to be done. Eighter, can you get rid of them?"

"I can talk to them, but I do not like hurting people," Eighter answers. "Even bad people."

"I understand, you have a good heart," the chief tells him. "Tofoo, what about you?"

>A. You can try

>B. You don't want to hurt them, but you'll go talk to their leader

>C. No, they aren't hurting anyone

>D. Ask where the thieves went

>E. Something else

No, not only was Episode of Bardock non canon, but it was stupid as hell

Making some assumptions, there

>E. You're pretty chief, and just for that, I'll slaughter every last one of them.

Don't play with my head like that. Unless Vegeta has a vagina there are no qt saiyans left.

There's Separi and Savina, if SOM wants to take the GT route.

>GT Route
You mean the online fan fiction route.

You tell the chief that you don't want to hurt those people, but that you will go and talk to their leader for him.

"Thank you, Tofoo," the chief says. "Eighter, warn everyone to stay indoors, just in case."

"Alright," Eighter says, going outside to do as the chief asks.

You leave the building and rush into the woods, quickly making your way back toward the camp, and once again hearing shouting as you get closer.

"Captain, you can't expect us to just shoot a kid," a voice says.

"I expect you to follow orders!" a shrill voice snaps. "He is dangerous. And all threats must be destroyed!"

"Well, then, why didn't you do it?" another voice asks.

"I tried!" the voice shouts. "He was too fast."

Coming to the same clearing as before, you see the thin man standing in front of a group of soldiers, all of whom look rather uncomfortable.

The thin man's head turns, and his eyes lock on you.

"There he is!" the man shouts. "Kill him!"

The soldiers turn toward you, mostly looking unsure of what to do, while two or three take aim at you.

>A. Attack and knock them all out

>B. Stay where you are, bullets can't do much to you anymore

>C. Tell the skinny man that the chief of Jingle Village wants him to leave

>D. Something else

NA is better than anything in Super so far except maybe the Future Trunks arc.

Who and who? Are they those two from the stupid Absalon comic?

Well, since countless Saiyan babies were sent out into space, and the records of where they went were likely destroyed with Planet Vegeta, it's possible that a few of them are still out there. Though surely some died while trying to conquer planets, and it is possible that Frieza came across one or two and had them killed. Still, there's probably at least a few scattered out there

"That book your looking for was stolen by thieves long ago, not even the Chief knows where they went. So unless you want to waste more of your time here playing in the snow, get out."

>B. Stay where you are, bullets can't do much to you anymore

>>C. Tell the skinny man that the chief of Jingle Village wants him to leave

That art is not so good.

They're from New Age. Is Absalon the one that goes to Super Saiyan 7?

Idunno, there's the Absalon comics and the Absalon animated series, both of which kind of suck

"The chief wants you to leave," you tell the man and his followers. "The book you're looking for got stolen by thieves years ago, and the Chief doesn't know where they went. So, unless you want to waste time playing in the snow, get out."

Some of the soldiers look over at their captain, some looking unsure while others look like they just want confirmation that they can all go home.

The skinny man shakes his head. "No! NO! It is here! I know it is! You are standing in our way! So you must die! Soldiers, kill him now!"

Two soldiers draw their guns, and the skinny man pulls out a handgun, aiming it at your head and pulling the trigger.

The bullet hits you right between the eyes, but you shrug it off like a bee sting. The other two soldiers open fire with their assault rifles, and while they hurt, they don't do any actual damage.

"Sir, what should we do?" the two soldiers ask, stepping away from you nervously.

"YOU WON'T STOP US!" the thin man screams, breaking into a run and coming right at you.

>A. Stand your ground and let him hit you

>B. Block whatever attacks he uses

>C. Charge and hit him

>D. Something else