Horus Heresy General /hhg/

Handsome Flying Demigod Man Tackling Your Air-Support Edition
Rainbow Warriors Sub-Edition
In the last thread the Missing Legions were explained, the Dynat and power dagger argument and Primarch tarot card comparison still continued, we learned the troubles of one WEfag, Curzefag was Curzefag again, in the far future there is only Gary Busey, the prices of the 30k GW kits has been confirmed, murderous space bunnies, and Canadians live on Skallathrax plus much more in the last thread Red Book Links:
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww2.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fs15Jqk1t%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23!Jx1UGCTI!vMJN89z7p8tiEC7YOAj477g6RxDtJ7culVLF3q3godg
HH Book 6 - Retribution PDF:
mediafire.com/download/8aqx9j3a8erqv8d/The_Horus_Heresy_Book_6_-_Retribution.pdf or
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fkat.cr%2Fthe-horus-heresy-book-6-retribution-pdf-t12199249.html
HHG FAQ - pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016) - forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
Other official downloads: forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads#horusheresy
HH Rules:
Crusade Army List: mediafire.com/download/1lprm5vd99yafa3/
Mechanicum Taghmata Army List: mega.nz/#!LFwTjQ7B!mF0eVOY8P1MPT0a-QSXypXo_ZfskhYynD41PrkaTbD8
30k/40k Rules: mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!EVh0GZZS
30k/40k Rules and more (torrents): kat.cr/usearch/"Forge World" heresy user:epistolary/
30k Black Library: mega.nz/#F!0RlxDZQC!qAu9BaubWa3KeihJRmOcsg
Strawpoll links: strawpoll.me/10558764
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=NLcR8CdoDLg
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scoria
quotev.com/quiz/474091/Which-of-the-Space-Marine-First-Founding-Chapters-best-suits-you
quotev.com/quiz/1334826/What-40K-Primarch-are-you-most-like
strawpoll.me/10693684
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scoria_(disambiguation)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for the VIII Legion

>Curzefag was Curzefag again
That reminds of a thing I made

Give me back my sides.
>khaoskid663
I bet that's ADB.

I'm considering adding a Predator on my list, for AP2 blast support. What would be more viable turret choice? Plasma executioner? Heavy C-beamer?

>I like children... they are... tasty...
It's not edgy if it's true!

kek

So my FW order came with the 2016 catalog and I see it lists the Sokar Pattern Stormbird for 750GBP/1238US and the Mastodon for 300GBP/495US.

Since this is at the exchange rate of 1.65 do you think they'll try to up the price before they release them now that Brexit went down?

You sort of answered your own question. AP2 blast support= plasma destroyer

Well, C-Beamer is also an AP2 'large' blast support... Albeit only at 42"+ range.

>yfw new book is finally out

I've just started reading Angel Exterminatus and I think I'm in love.
Also, am I the only one who reads the Lord of Iron's voice as Aku's?

>Also, am I the only one who reads the Lord of Iron's voice as Aku's?
No. I don't think that's fitting really.

I don't either, but something feels right about it.

Angel Exterminatus Peturabo is absolutely NOTHING like the Iron Tyrant Peturabo FW have put out. They read like two utterly different people.

Perturabo is moody. We've been over this.

>gav_thorpe_boi84

Lost it.

40k general turned into scoria general.

Oh well.

How are Your Dudes going /hhg/?

Faggot couldn't even spell Scoria correct. It was just the same guy saying "scorcia" over and over. Which is why months ago I told you faggots to stop with the Scoria posting.

No one spells that name right. I saw some other faggot spell it skoria.

Whatever, it's still more entertaining than which primarch husbando is best discussions.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=NLcR8CdoDLg
Just replace Roy with Scoria.

There's a guy in my local group who pronounces it Scorias. Like, more than one Scoria. It grates every time.

I know, right? Everyone knows Konrad a best

Maybe it's a possessive noun version of Scoria.

Because he owns everyone.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scoria

This is obligatory in every thread

quotev.com/quiz/474091/Which-of-the-Space-Marine-First-Founding-Chapters-best-suits-you

quotev.com/quiz/1334826/What-40K-Primarch-are-you-most-like

is there any way to kit Orphans of Betrayal to be good?

Just make the roughest toughest praetor I can and kit out all my sergeants to use up that sweet sweet 4+ FNP in challenges?

>that result distribution
>fucking Raven Guard in the lead
Sheesh, I knew Quotev was emo as fuck, but really?

New Strawpoll, as I'm curious.
strawpoll.me/10693684

Not really almost any other RoW will be better, unless you often play against a friend who runs a traitor force from the same legion and uses the primarch. Then it's great.

His representation in the FW books is also throughout ~130 years of the later Great Crusade. He gets worn down hard and goes from the real firebrand hothead to someone who just doesn't give a fuck about anyone or anything.

Same.

"Curze died a broken thing, a husk of himself, with hatred the only
emotion strong enough to pierce his own confusion. He died to teach a
lesson to a father already slain; he died to show a truth that every
soul already knew. That was not vindication, it was stupidity. Proud,
blind, and deluded."

Scoria literally means slag.
Also, Escoria ("eh", not "ee") is also a mexican luchador, and Elvis Scoria is a croatian football player. Don't ask, don't tell, right?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scoria_(disambiguation)

>slag
Fitting as that's what he turns you into. He's also a Mexican wrestler and a Croatian football player? At least know we know what kind of culture Xana 2 had.

>Escoria

Means scum.

Yup, it means waste. He's a dung alright, entropic slapping your niggas on 1250pts matches.

Bump. Have dreams my friends.

Why thred ded

I'm busy reading Angel Exterminatus and keeping up with the 3-10 police officers dead in /pol/.

Did any other legions fight alongside daemons during the heresy?

Also, did the EC start switching over to black and pink by the Siege of Terra or did it not happen till like after the scouring

Shouldn't there be both Early Crusade and Late heresy versions of the allies table?
I doubt any IH would ever consider an EC their ally again. Those guys never forgave themselves, why would they trust others?
I guess we're busy sperging on the regular 40k thread

That list is pretty bad, honestly.

WB not Sworn Brothers with WE, Fellow Warriors with Dank Angels and Salamanders? Lolwut.

Imperial Army Sworn Brothers with Alpha Legion, but not the other way around. Huh?

Any others that seem weird to you, or ones that you'd just want for your canon/headcanon?

>Also, did the EC start switching over to black and pink by the Siege of Terra or did it not happen till like after the scouring
My bet is yes

Slaaneshis dont have a proper scheme, once they go into the extremes where they stop feeling anything that isnt as exciting as apocalyptic war on steroids while getting a blowjob from a demon that looks like your mother is when they also start changing their colors to shit that they can perceive not just 'black and pink', its just that 'black and pink' is a very contrasting color scheme and captures the idea. I figure that by the time of the Siege of Terra the EC will look like a fucking rainbow made of german landsknecht.

>WB not Sworn Brothers with WE

Why would they be? Lorgar is a fucking weakling and Angron hates everyone especially a weakling with no taste for war such as Lorgar.

>>WB not Sworn Brothers with WE
And let's not forget they were going to kill each other even before arriving to Ultramar. Lorgar managed to get a nice bonding time out of it because he's a charismatic diplomatic manlet, and indulged in Angron's nail-autism

I thought Alpharius Omegon was the manlet?

>1 less wound than Alpharius
They both were, but only because Alpharius was split into two guys, meaning he could have been Mortarion/Vulkan level of toughness, as his alohas are consistently huge, even for an astartes.
Also, Lorgar's brothers didn't really respect him as a warrior. But most of them were dickheads, so it's kinda iffy.

Lorgar wuz a gud boi, he dindu nuffin!

Hello, that IF noob that drops by now and then for questions. I have my list made and am assembling/painting, and am on my contemptor.

Does anyone know (or have a cool alternative) the high-gothic for "Even in death I still serve"?

I have looked up the latin for this, but I believe high-gothic isn't quite the same. I'd like something cool to write on the dreadnought's carapace.

Do you think this is too meme-y? It's a nod to the DoW series which is what got me into 40k/30k

>Why would they be?
They both have a W word as the first part of their name?

With Word Bearers you don't really need to worry about failing morale checks yeah? + Sweeping advance buffs mean you get that extra umpf against 40k armies.

>he dindu nuffin
Yeah, that was kind of the problem
>Lorgar, your legion is the least productive of them all
>As in, srsly, even Alpharius, who has about a century of delay has surpassed you. And he pulls stupid shit like "I let them fortify because it would have been to easy"
>Also, stop prostrating every time I speak to you. It was funny the first time, but I told you I'm not a g-STOP, Me-dammit!

Nah, you use Latin just as you use English for Low Gothic. It's all cool bro.

etiam post mortem,
ego serviturus?

It can help to translate yourself to other language and then to latin.

Alright, I have experimented with translating multiple english ways of saying it into latin. My main issue is that I just didn't know if latin was good for high-gothic.

If anyone else has a cooler more IF-fluffy label for a contemptor I am all auspex

Could you be more specific about what you're looking for and how do you want it to read?

Well the spirit of "my guys" is the last defenders of terra during the siege and just before the events on the vengeful spirit.

I'd like to encapsulate as much as I can, I have the base for the contemptor squashing a iron warrior underfoot.

I'm not sure if that helps, and I am not dis-satisfied with what I have as an idea. I just don't want to seem to spork-toting meme-y since I've discovered that many of the dreadnought lines from DoW are kind of ridiculed

>Iron Havocs can take free autocannons.

This confirms my legion. No other questions need be answered.

Also, have FW FAQ'd Tyrant Siege Termies to be Elites? As the page descibes them as Elites that can be taken in a PoTL list and such, yet are marked as Heavy Support?

autocannon teams kind of suck. Volkite culverin teams are p much superior

Shush! I love autocannons.

I LOVE THEM.

>I just don't want to seem to spork-toting meme-y since I've discovered that many of the dreadnought lines from DoW are kind of ridiculed
Well, they are cliche lines after all, and almost ALL DoW dialogue is ridiculed, BRUVA, but that's not bad -- "Even in death I still serve" is a badass boast.
If you want something more fisty, maybe add on the end
EGO MURUM -- I am the wall.
As in, the wall the enemy will crash against. Cringy, but this is warhammer after all.

These don't look like Mk.II heads to me.

>inb4 charge your phone.

Also, did they ever FAQ Tyrant Siege Termis? I'm curious.

And forgot pic.

as of right now, no. Still heavy support, which is shit

I like it, I was playing around with things along the lines of "I am the eternal shield" etcetra, I will keep playing around with things.

I just got DoW soulstorm on steam sale and am finding out first hand about metal boxes and spehss marines. It is kinda funny

Mk III is just Mk II with more armor plating bolted on, including the helmet. If you look at all the helmets that don't have a giant visor bolted on it to split the visor into two eyes, you'll notice it's the standard Mk II cyclops visor, such as in the first two top left helms.

The rest of them could technically be called Mk III.

Those are awful.

I suppose you're right. I'm still trying to decide which armor mark is my favorite, since BaC is probably going to be discontinued by the time I can get a job, so I'm thinking I'll just have Iron Warriors kitted out the way I want, and order in bulk once I've saved up quite a bit, probably use the heads in the upgrade pack for Sergeants and Non-Terminator Praetors.

>"I let them fortify because it would have been to easy"
Am I the only one who finds this stupidly edgy?

Oh, these might seem like obvious questions, but for a basic army what points should I start at and what choices should I get for a fluffy Iron Warriors list?

I know at least 1 HQ 2 Troops is the very basic of the army building part, but which should I get? Praetor and Tacs or Breachers? Make the Praetor into a Warsmith for extra fluffyness?

I don't care about being good, so long as it's fluffy amd I can do okay with it.

And does anyone know what the Iron Warriors upgrade set looks like on Mk. III armor? I think I've decided that it's my favorite of the armor sets.

wer r new red buk scanz

Glorious special edition pre-ordered. It's a great feel.

Same

Let us know how assault marines and breachers do.

?

I swear I will, user. I swear I will.
The new red book. There's a regular edition and a special edition. Figured I'd spend the extra few loonies and get a fancy limited one.

What's it come with?

Pages

Bless you, user

Oh. Will it be updated/FAQ'd as well?

the one piece of fluff the alpha legion has beyond "its a mystery" is literarily that they are super smug anime waif's who's entire existence is looking for the most challenging and obscure way to destroy their enemies. heck even gulliman had to ask "why not just shoot them"

>Dude. Just shoot them.
>Nah, I'm going to make it so that by the time the enemy leader's nachos are done next Tuesday they'll die of food poisoning after having infiltrated the factory the cheese was made in several months ago and secretly pretending to be part of the staff and figuring out the exact lunch they'd have then just by memorzing their orders and patterns of what they ate.
>Dude. Shoot. Them.

All current units, the new Dickbike heavy supports, the usual. But it's leather bound, has aquilla embossed metal corners, and is limited to 500 copies.

Oh, that's cool.

>tfw no one answered my question. I just want to get into 30k.

if you don't have anything yet I'd wait until the new book hits so you can see if breachers and assault marines are usable, but for iron warriors I think it'd be more fluffy with tacs and a warsmith. probably aim for around 1500 to start with, look at the ROWs you want to use and get stuff that fits. While each legion has a flanderized thing that they do well Iron warriors DID have assault troops and jump units, as well as fast recon elements so there isn't really anything in the list that is unfluffy.

it was less "dude. shoot. them." and more an ultra splerg running to horus whining about how smug alpharius was.

Alright then, makes sense.

I've heard that the box that will be replacing BaC has Mk. III Assaults and Breachers, which will be great for me, because I love Mk. III. Have there been any other rumours for what the box will have?

Sorry, user. To answer your question, I'd run two blobs of 20 marines each with apothecaries, and a Warsmith. Beyond that, you'd want Rapiers, artillery like Medusae, and probably Tyrants and Havocs. I guess there are also the Iron Circle to consider now too.

There's an E-Copy on BL as well. I expect someone will share it as they always do.

Same

>tfw shattered legion rules or blackshields wont be in this book

I would buy it to go with my Black-Cover Special Edition versions of CAL and ICL, but recent money issues and the need to save for Inferno have scuppered that plan. A shame really.

Why would they be in the first place? This book is only for the generic units that every legion can use regardless of affiliation.

I'll grace you with all the pictures, user.

You should. I graced everyone with CAL and ICL, but sadly I have to leave it to others to do the good work this time.

I think of them as kind of playing devil's advocate - they're doing all of the complicated schemes not so much out of necessity, but because they can and they feel compelled to.