How would he manage in 40K setting? I have a feeling he would consider Imperium to be too retarded to side with

How would he manage in 40K setting? I have a feeling he would consider Imperium to be too retarded to side with.

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Half_Life_40k
combineoverwiki.net/wiki/Vortigaunt/Quotes/Half-Life_2#All-Knowing_Vortigaunt.2FQuotes
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>too retarded
he worked for black mesa

Black Mesa did nothing wrong.

Black Mesa didn't do anything right either.

Black Mesa did EVERYTHING wrong.

Black Mesa didn't anything.

They did one experiment that went horribly wrong, otherwise they developed plenty of neat toys for the military, even even explored an alien realm to a small degree. Honestly f the Military hadn't shown up when they did and decided to go full potato things might've gone smoother.

Black Mesa did anything.

>even even

fuck I need sleep

Dindo incorporated

Mr. Cave Johnson, stop being mad that we are successful and you are not and stop blaming us that your bathroom appliances company went to shit, because you thought handing over all-access to the AI was a good idea.
Regards,
Black Mesa.

This coming from the company that LITERALLY DOOMED MANKIND. At least Cave's fuck up was contained.

He wouldn't give a shit. He'll just keep running towards the nearest teleporter, believing it'll return him home. He'll just crowbar the nearest moving being and be on his merry way.

>Gordon wrecking tyranid shit with just a crowbar for hours until he finally finds another portal and moves on. It's all witnessed by hundreds awed guardsmen and recorded.
>Ecclesiarchy shitting itself trying to find which saint came back to life to help.

Wasn't the whole thing a result of intentional sabotage?

Was it? Honestly don't remember at this point.

>Ends up on Craftworld running through all the gates trying to get off
>Farseer Council shitting itself trying to stop or even read this guy
>Keeps getting warlock blocked by a tall, pale, man with a creepy ass voice
>He brains 15 warriors and blows up no less than 4 tanks in the first hour
>With a crowbar
>Council's shitting intensifies as they try to figure out what kind of Man-spawned deamon he is
>Finally finds a gate that gets him off, but not before causing 3 centuries worth of repairs that need to be done
>Council's shitting intensifies even more when their spirit stones come up with the Eldar equivalent of "I dunno"

Gordon's got good eyesight right? If not, he might mistake those Guardsmen for HECU grunts..

It was.

The sample that Breen pushed so hard to have used, the one that caused the cascade, was deliberately provided by the G Man for unknown reasons.

Things would have worked out more or less the same, actually. Gordon would have still gone through to Xen and killed the giant baby, leaving the G-Man's employers to take over the place, and Combine still would have shown up and raped earth.

>hurr does the guy wearing glasses have a good eyesight xD?

>Implying those glasses are prescription

He's got like 20/2 vision and the glasses might be for show. Beyond that if his mission is protect the humans and kill the tyranids that's what he's programmed to do. If he's programmed just to kill the tyranids he'll brain all the guardsmen in a square mile if they get in his way.

>unknown reasons
It was so he could sell Gordan as the solution. Interdimensional interests say the cascade coming due to a non-linear view of time and needed a way to reduce the damage. Lo and behold, the G Man has JUST the solution needed and he had it on hand just in case you wanted it, how convenient.

It's to match the lab coat look at Black Mesa. Gotta be science fashion Chic to work at Black Mesa.

Chances are it's the latter. Officials will probably be just like "Oh those Guardsmen were probably heretics that's why that saint killed them"

>hurr all glasses are for good eyesight lol every building has bad eyesight xDD

>They did one experiment that went horribly wrong

And the whole disaster that doomed the planet could have been avoided, if not for their neglegence.

Wonder what the G-Man'd look like to Eldars. And what he'd carry instead of the suitcase.

Propably the most retarded post on Veeky Forums right now.

You haven't seen the post he's replying to?

I doubt he'd attack guardsmen for free if they leave him alone.

HL1 and 2 came way before this hipster fad of wearing useless glasses, man.

So who really is the G-Man? And who are his employers? All I've been able to gather is that he probably isn't human, has a vested interest in causing the resonance cascade, a vested interest in mucking up the Combine's plans, and has the ability to warp time and space at will.

Probably some slighly off shaded skin color and slightly off bodily proportioned eldar with a slight speech impediment in the guise of their species version of Business Fashion Standard attire.

Nobody knows, but I'm sure HL3 will answer all our questions!

Stop user ;_;

I mean, let's at least get some therories going.

Don't you mean HL^2+1?

That much's obvious user. Doesn't really help picture it. Especially the Business Fasion Standard attire bit.

An interdimensional businessman with a keen eye for business opportunities.
He caused the cascade through a self provided corrupted sample. This opened the path for the combine which weakened their stance elsewhere which let Gordon (a transdimensional biological construct, possible created as an avatar of G-Man) get into the Combine's home dimension and kill their leader which made way for the G-Man's current employers(we don't know who they are and probably never will) to now occupy and take over the combines territories and people. This has nice side effect, probably, of making his employers richer, painting the G-Man as a trusty source of solutioneering, a cancerous but technically smallish upstart empire dying off early, and hooking humanity(a possibly promising species) up in the multidimensional universe.

Well like i said. If they get in his way he brains them cause they're hindering the mission. If the combine guards didn't give him shit and let him walk through the front door he wouldn't have brained them either.

>It is then revealed the G-Man choose Gordon to act as trans-dimensional emissary for the human race do to his impeccable charades skills.

>Ooh I know this! It's..cheerleading!
>No? Hmm..eating a banana? Oooh, fondling a banana?
>Wait..how is that 'beating someone to death with a crowbar'?

Who knows maybe gordon was just made for this one task or maybe G-Man keeps him in cold storage until needed. We still aren't sure on if the G-Man actually looks that way or its just a "suit" to blend in and if gordon has the same issue. Hell there's theories gordon "dies" a few times and the G-Man just grabs the equivalent of a back-up and shoves it into some random Gordon he has in his closet hence why you just randomly showed up on the train in HL2 with the G-Man giving you your activation phrase.

>There is not just one Gordon, but dozens, even hundreds, of Gordon sleep-cells across the world. But only one Gordon can be activated at a time in order to prevent temporal paradoxes.

Half Life just got 20 times cooler.

So..he's basically an RTS Hero/Epic unit?

Secret weapon on Borealis was Gordon Freeman.

Would you even WANT more than one gordon? We're talking about a guy who completely destroyed not one but 5 dimensions, smacked a higher dimensional beings equivalent of a brain so hard it recursively imploded, is apparently space Jaysus to vortagaunts, and took on a higher dimensional tier 2-3 civilizations army head on with a piece of metal and won in the course of a few months of wake time. I don't want to imagine what would happen if there was two who could tag team even if it was just one slappng the other in wrestling style while the other took a nap.

Those dead bodies wearing HEV suits in Xen were actually all Gordon Freeman, it's just one decided to be a cheeky cunt and nick 2 helmets so the Gordon we play in HL1 doesn't have one.

>Gabe Newell reads this
>Well, we can finally explain the Co-op for the third game
>What's that? We're not making it? Oh okay, time to make more hats then.

Man. If Gordan had a Gordan for driving AND shooting the world would burn.

Hl3 sets in online mode on one server where everybody is Gordon Freeman and the goal is to liberate Earth from invasion.
Map is whole Earth. Key locations hidden and required to win. Players have limited numbers of Gordon Freemans, if we run out - humanity is doomed.

Wonder if there is a Gordon Freeman like miniature to run as a count as character.

Then Ross Scott has to make a series called "Freemans' Minds" and it's and entire game-worth of Freeman arguing with himself.

>"Man, you now, I never realized how much of an asshole I was."

>Gordons communicating
Does he know sign language now or something?

His stare can convey any and all needed amount of information.

Please don't. I recently finished playing all the Half Lives in order, and the after-downer still hasn't worn off.

>walk into a broom closet one day
>see 80 nerd chic hipster clones all staring intently into each others eyes in what i swear wasn't an entrance to some null dimensional space 2 hours ago
>half a second later i'm beig stared at intently as 80 beings worth of thoughts pour into me
>leave
To this day the weirdest part of the encounter was, and i SWEAR, as i was leaving my ass got a telepathic message that equivocated roughly "Dayum!"

>Gordon (a transdimensional biological construct, possible created as an avatar of G-Man)

What's the reasoning behind this statement?

Several dev statements, gameplay, hidden shit ingame, and unused files.
Basically once the last 3 were all discovered the first one happened.
Gordon is either a heavily modified human, some sort of construct(a blank clone), or he's just like G-Man and is some transdimensional creature and the image we have of him is merely the 3 dimensional envelope we can perceive. Ingame and lore states gordon has no memories before mesa or before the HL2 train and each time G-Man says an activation phrase before the "lights" turn on and his mental gears start running.
He also seems entirely incapable of speaking but comes "preloaded" with all necessary knowledge ahead of time including the use of highly advanced alien weaponry and vehicles that he just happens to instantly know how to use. Back to that speaking people around him seem to have this mental block from recognizing the fact without a lot of exposure and even seem to subconciously cover for this by speaking for him in ways they themselves seem oblivious to. Along with that we know G-Man occasionally freezes time and transplants him after deactivating him and you don't put up a fight either way.
Either he knows whats going on and doesn't care or he's a blank and hasn't been programmed to think about caring about that.
I also recall some vortagaunt you can find that backs a few things up with this shit in mind as a framing mechanism in HL2.

But he was born in Seattle and Kleiner was a long time friend.

Veeky Forums actually wrote a piece of writefaggotry about this scenario, back when they would get shit done instead of rampantly shitpost constantly.

1d4chan.org/wiki/Half_Life_40k

Gross incompetence is pretty sabotaging, alright.

So they say. Again, it wouldn't be the first time he's had false memories implanted or had memories of himself implanted in others. G-Man basically paved the way for him.

But you can deny the G-man's offer at the end of HL1
And during the HL2 "saga" Vorts block the G-man from reclaiming you. He does "put up a fight"
If Gordon was a construct with a purpose, then why can he disobey his master?

>I also recall some vortagaunt you can find that backs a few things up with this shit in mind as a framing mechanism in HL2.
You mean the All-Knowing Vortiguant? If so, then i can't see which quote you mean
combineoverwiki.net/wiki/Vortigaunt/Quotes/Half-Life_2#All-Knowing_Vortigaunt.2FQuotes

Gordon appearing on the train is just the G-Man pulling him out of storage. From his perspective, it's been seconds since the last game ended.