Starship/space Thread: The Taiidan did nothing wrong edition!

Starship/space Thread: The Taiidan did nothing wrong edition!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=J6JZhaNWA9s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Your party warps into an unknown space system, and suddenly this theme starts playing. What do they do?

youtube.com/watch?v=J6JZhaNWA9s

We need more Homeworld-style space tribalism/mysticism.

I love these starship threads

Durr

Not Homeworld but a game that started out as a mod for it.

Which game?

Originally called Enemy Starfighter. It's in early access on steam as House of the Dying Sun. It's first person flight-sim with a very HW-esque tactical command mode.

It's good fun, if a bit short.

Ah, I've seen the /m/ thread for that. It was a choice for me over the sale between deserts and that. I'll grab it next time

Few franchises nail the sense of scale.

fuck, didn;t realize that one was full monitor :/

Jumped back in for a few minutes to see if i couldn't find some more, non-spoilery screenshots.

Thanks!

I love that minimalist, understated ui

last one before bed.

Last one. I have a bunch more but I wouldn't want to fill up the entire thread with cockpit shots.

I'm told that VR in this game is sexual, but I've not had the chance to try it out myself.

Might go looking for some of my old concept art folders. Have a lot of cool shit in there.

>"Friendlies under fire. Moving in."

But probably I set up a defensive fighter screen with support from my flak frigates while my battle-cruiser and ion frigates turn the enemy into a burning slagpile.

Is there an entire series of these?

No, just those two :c

I fucking hate star trek ships.

Why?

Also, last decent Trek pic i have.

Anybody enjoy Space-Straya: The Setting?

Because they look like they're about to snap in half from a slightest collision. I mean, I understand they have magical shields and everything, but I just prefer my ships structurally solid.

>structurally solid.
e>xposed parts
>spindly bits waiting to be knocked off
>very little armor

It's a ship with two FUCKHUEG railguns. It's not going to be hit because it's going to stay far away from the battle.

Also,
>bringing up SW as an example of good ship design
Come on. They're iconic, but that's about it.

In that case you will love the Jupiter class!

Why do they always have their engines sticking out like that? Wouldn't it be logical to put them RIGHT BEHIND the ship?

I mean, it makes sense for dropships that need to position their engines depending on landing/flying mode some modern aircrafts already have that technology, but why the fuck would you do it to a spaceship?

Those are the warp nacellas and they are supposed to stick out so they can form a warp bubble around the ship.
The conventional engines are mostly set up at the "neck" of the ship or at tha back of the saucer.

Posting something that is solid and can take hits.

Tactical jumps can negate range advantages fairly well. Not sure if they're a thing in sw though.

Oh, I get it. At least there's a in-universe explanation for it.

I like circular warp drive designs more though. They look like NASA's design of a hypothetical warp drive ship.

Expanse mini-dump

Is this show worth it?

last one

The show is a decent watch, probably the best thing that Syfy have done in the last few years. Though I still definitely prefer the books.

That can happen in Star Trek too. Most notably in Vulcan ships(left). There are also more robust ships, like the Andorians use(right).

I'm sorry, but all the armour in the world can't make up for having your primary and only command centre exposed so that a stray fighter can cripple your ship.

I'm not even against the idea of an aircraft-carrier style command tower, but not having a secondary command centre buried deep in your powerful, expensive ship is just dumb.

Show is GOAT, even better than the books.

best game there is, and pretty unique too
wish we could stuck with the earth ships for a few more missions

For a second there I thought that was a SolForce ship from SotS. I always loved how they put so much of each race's character into their ships.

There are two perfect ideas for a homeworld sequel to keep the franchise going - either re-use with the Dust Wars concept from HW2, or do a prequel with the ancient Hiigaran-Taiidan War. It angers me to no end that no company want to pursue this since it would be the perfect way to bring interest back to the space RTS genre.

It sucks that SotS II was such a disappointment. I thought that the ship designs in it were extremely good, however.

Does anybody have the PDF who did up the Kushan as a Battlefleet Gothic faction?

Well now that Blackbird has access the Homeworld IP we might get another sequel eventually.

Does anyone has a link to download the add-on universe manual of Deserts? I honestly don't have money to buy it, can't even buy a pc capable of playing the game

Amen. Desert mysticism sci-fi is best sci-fi

Where does strike suit zero fall on that rating?

>E.A.S. GLADIUM FRONTAL ASSAULT VECTOR

>A new installation is the "encased" crew module: the whole command deck, that is well deep inside the hull, is an heavily armored capsule, that holds the whole crew of the ship in combat situations, and, in emergency conditions, can be ejected: the module holds life support facilities, an autonomous propulsion and navigation system, a booster that allows high "one shot" acceleration and a pre-charged small vortex generator, that allows the capsule to quickly open a jump point. The exit from the hyperspace can be done only through jump points opened by other units, or through jump-gates.

>The ship is well able to cover the dreadnought/battleship role, but the whole design it's aimed to a particular purpose: a fast linear attack to a single target, against which can be fired a devastating burst of the most piercing weapon ever developed. The ship is conceived to flank and support Warlocks and Centurions in situations of high menace. The care placed in the crew protection and escape installations seems to indicate that an high speed ramming of the target is something that cannot be deductively excluded.

>Frontal plate of 45 meters of thickness multi-layer/Nanotechnological armor.

So I couldn't find the Battlefleet Gothic thread, so I think here might be a good place to ask.

I'm trying to make a flash cartoon based on the Rogue Trader RPG, and I'm trying to find 3d models of the ships from BFG to use as reference. Does anybody know where I can find them?
I have the BFG: Armada game, and the models have got to be in those files somewhere, but I just can't figure out how to get to them.

I'll have a look later, I own the game too and my job is basically all about 3D modelling.

Cool, thanks!

you mean like the fremen?

This, totally lost interest after the science fantasy showed up, first few missions had so much promise.

I think that's how everybody reacts to it.

I got the game after watching Scot Manly try the first couple of missions and i was all pumed for a hard(ish) sci-fi battle for the resources of Jupiter.

Now I still enjoyed the slightly silly fantasy elements. And there was plenty of worthwhile mods( there's a bsg mod that's visually stunning). But I was still, overal disappointed to have moved away from the more low tech stuff so quickly.