Who's excited for this?

Who's excited for this?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Wizards_DnD/status/751513285833269252
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>What is this? An image for Dwarves?

Kidding aside excited to see the first adventure post Curse of Strahd. They seem to have remembered how to write adventures now and I'm excited to play this with my area's very disorganized organized play.

...once we finish dicking around in the sandbox that is Barovia.

I'm more interested for this tbqh

I'm more interested in this tbqh

I am excited to see the playable version of Orcs, Firbolgs, and possibly goblinoids, as well as reprints of the playable Minotaur from UA, Arakocra from EE, and what ever else they have.

>Kidding aside
Never, user.

>Photoshop Strong Bad, "Email Thunder" when?
>Photoshop Black RDJr, "Tropic Thunder" when?

I think Forgotten Realms' giants are pretty nifty, so I'll keep an eye on it, sure.

I'll be even more interested if it turns out it's not shit.

I want monsters like barghests, devourers, swordwraiths, atropals, gibbering mounds, and klurichirs back! Not to mention fey! Lots and lots of fey, especially the unseelie court! I want more monsters! Moooooooooore!

Not me. I want a PHB 2 or a Monster manual 2. Hell, any core book v2.

>firbolgs
Oh shit I'd forgotten that. Wild Hunt party is a go!

>implying is not MM2

I want an official 5e Warforged race

I miss my robofriends

i agree. i can't wait to be a goblin

hell yea!!!

twitter.com/Wizards_DnD/status/751513285833269252

>sword coast fetch quest

No thanks, hopefully I can incorporate new spells into my setting

There's a really boring one in the Unearthed Arcana articles, and an okay homebrew from the guy who made Ebberon.

>I want splat book bloat
Get out of this hobby, they almost buried the game with two editions of fucking class, feat, and spell splats. All it did was make min maxers have new toys to ruin games with and put off any newer player. Lord help me when 4e tried to reboot itself mid stream and made every older book unusable with errata.

They've talked about this. You know how people bitched about the Monster manual not having 3 pages devoted to fluff and 1 page with stats? This addresses it, it's going to be a giant fluff book. They've mentioned they're not adding new books unless they're themed or an adventure modle, I can see them breaking this but they haven't shown signs yet cause they ahven't burried us in "hurr durr thief variant 7 and cleric variant 54 with fighter variant 8 that can't do anything well!" like all the 3.5 splats they shat out.

THIS!
I need my TN cannibalistic orc druid waifu!

This. I want my MM2.

>Get out of this hobby, they almost buried the game with two editions of fucking class, feat, and spell splats. All it did was make min maxers have new toys to ruin games with and put off any newer player. Lord help me when 4e tried to reboot itself mid stream and made every older book unusable with errata.

4e's release schedule was perfectly fine, and the quality went steadily upwards until Mike Mearls (the 5e lead designer) brought out Essentials.

>DM says it's too OP for us to use
>"just count is as a +2 to strength instead of +1 to be even"

If the writing is as good as the old 2E Volo's Guides series then it should be pretty good fluff.

They haven't exactly buried us in variants, but there are a LOT of fighter subclasses in UA.

If its good I may use it for a different system. I always like good adventures. And settings.

Mystic when? That's all I really want to see.

Probably the non-adventure book after Volo's Guide. I'm hoping for spring but betting on next fall.

Yeah, but UA also means it's only slightly more valid than homebrew as far as I'm concerned, and I don't think I'm alone in that.

UA articles aren't playtested and count as homebrew in my circles. It's all beta stuff.

Oh hey, a new 5e book that's actually worth buying. I was starting to think the Sword Coast book was a one time fluke.

I'm more excited for the minis, our group loves having a variety of them, even if they don't 100% match what were doing, its nice to have options for representation.
Bookwise, is the correct answer.

You mean she eats orcs?

>Sword Coast Adventure Guide
>Release Date: 03 November 2015

>Volo's Guide to Monsters
>Release Date: 15 November 2016

Apparently we get one real sourcebook per year.

I guess that's one way to fight splat bloat?

Christmas gift to DM every year sounds like a plan.

That's a good point, but I was more referring to humanoids in general.

same desu senpai

if only it had one new class option to all classes that would have been justified but come on they left 3 classes completely empty I think

:(
Is this in Volo's or Sword Coast?

Yes, because adding classes that function without having to minmax them to hell and back is making things harder on newer players. Do you even listen to yourself?