Aliens

We need more sci-fi stuff round here, so i'll start shall I?

Pictured are the Isungrules (I-sung-rules) coming from the latin words for join and blue. (Picture also shamelessly taken from Stellaris)

They're an alien species that evolved to have a symbiotic relationship with the natural plant life on there homeworld, as evidenced by the giant mushroom growing out of this fellers head.

It's hard for them to adapt to new environments so this has coloured there society, they usually keep to close knit family groups and their system of government is a representative democracy.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/HaloMythic/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Sure, I'll give some info on my current race in Stellaris.

The Visari are a race of theocratic avians descended from raptor-analogues on the arid world of Mirabel, orbiting the cruel blue giant Kerak. A race desperate to escape the scorched earth, the Visari erected vast monolithic cities that stretched high above the planet, where they took to Solar worship in reverence to what was now viewed as a stern but life-giving father, the one who gave their eggs nourishing heat to grow and flourish.

Today, the Visari have taken to the stars in search of new suns to join their pantheon, as any Visari born on an alien world may call that sun their father. A lifetime of industry have made them brutally efficient in mineral extraction, and their studies in the secrets of life are second to none. Unfortunately, their curious preening habits developed over the existence of their species can be considered repugnant by most, and the Visari's natural disgust towards foreign races has given them a non-violent, but rigid stance of self-imposed isolation.

Visari ships employ powerful shields and vicious laser-based weaponry, in reverence to the light. Their leader is divine, a God-Emperor considered to be of those infused with raw star-stuff (and thus, godhood) granted unto them by Kerak, the Life-Giver.

Here are some short recaps of the major faction in my WIP sci-fi settings I exlude the humans from this

>The Ar'arb Holdings
The species known as the Ar'arb is a race of four legged avians. They are very secluded from the other factions and races due to their home world and nearby stars is bordering several black holes (by bordering I mean they are close, but not close enough to do any harm, for now. And the gravity from the black holes is enough to pull ships out of FTL in my setting). By being very secluded from the others has made them very protective of what little planets and stars they control, this has lead to the name of their goverment to be "The Ar'arb Holdings

>The Eshi Alliance
The Eshi's are a species of insectoids that live on the planet "Erstahr" a cold and almost lifeless planet that lies on the border of the goldielock-zone in their home system. Before the achived spaceflight the nation and states on Erstahr were always fighting, ruled by warlord who wanted to do nothing more that gain glory to their many gods. But this all changed when they gained the knowlagde to split the atom. Realizingthat warring with eachother would enchur in M.A.D, they instead looked up to the starts and used the nuclear power to achive spaceflight. They are now one of the most well armed neutral faction in my setting.

>The Vrobrak Coalition of Stars
The Vrobraks are a short lived humanoid species that hail from the massive high gravity world of "Jurt-Ba". Compared to the Eshi Alliance, the Vrobraks had a relative peacefull and almost uneventfull past, but over time they manage to eascape the high gravity of their homeworld due to an advanced fuel source known as "Ziontonium" origional am i right... . This spurred in a mssive boom in tachnology, cities and population. Now in the present day not a single plot of untouched land can be found on Jurt-Ba (Imagine corousant from SW). cont...

>The Vrobrak Coalition of Stars, cont...
At the moment there are tentions between the Human Empire and the Vrobrak Coalition of Stars due the fact that tend to stripmine and "urbanize" every habital planet they come across in search for more pockets of Ziontonium

>The Ukmelh Dynasty
The Ukmelh Dynasty isn't called that becuase the species name is Ukmelh, the name of the species is Travlanok but it is the Dynasty of Ukmelh that is the current rules of their empire. The Travlanok's themselves are a race of long limbed bipeds that hail from the jungle planet Ke'Otom. They have a very large empire but it is not well enforced or protected so many minor Dynasties pop up and claim parts of their empire as thier own. But with weapons bought from Eshi merchants and traders have made the Ukmelh Dynasty the supreme rules for many years.

Those are larger factions in my setting, I have some thought of other minor ones, including nomads, spacers and mercenaries.

Also, here is a map over the galaxy so far, most of it is going to be unexplored or unknown due to my limit and creativity since I like to build upon it over time

>Light Blue: The Human Empire
>Red: The Vrobrak Coalition of Stars
>Green: The Ehsi Alliance
>Black: The Ar'arb Holdings
>Purple: The Ukmelh Dynasty (Dark purple are current minor Dynasites that are fighting for claim on their Empire)
>Dark Blue: This represents the border of what is explored/safe routes to use FTL, and what is not safe and/or explored.

Please give me ideas of factions, planets, races, events, etc. And I could use some help on fleshing out the Human Empire since I just picture them as a generic human sci fi goverment

bamp

Every single human world and solar system has its own languages, Cultures, and currency. The individual systems owe fealty to the rest of the human empire in a loose feudal kind of way.

Does anyone use aliens in their fantasy settings? I like how some settings like Warcraft have managed to blend aliens like the draenei/eredar into their setting without it feeling too overwhelmingly scifi-ish.

I want to have sex with aliens

right now I'm trying to recreate some of the precursor races from stellaris maybe I'll share what I come up with later

Im not a /d/eviant but I want to face fuck that alien into unconsciousness

Who's the black?

Ar'arb

I need to develope some alien races that would work in a human dominated setting. Ones that work directly under humans. But I keep falling into the same, standard tropes.

I'm playing as the Vril-Ya, who come from the planet Nommo, which can be found orbiting the star Nibiru.

What's the most broken, easy-mode combination of Ethos and Government in Stellaris?

Assuming that one wanted to play a Lovecraftian species, are there any with the prerequisite information? Species name, homeworld, and star?

spacebump

I have just thought of a new minor faction in my setting:

>The Porsavoo remnants

The Porsavoo is a nomadic aincent species thar currently mostly reside inisde the borders of the Human Empire. Not much is known about the way they look since they more than often travel inside sealed power armour to further increase protection of their species as less that 10 million of them are left in the explored parts of the galaxy. They travel in giant cylindrical ships knows as "havens" when translated to english.

Not much in known about their origins but some of their folktales that they have shared with the other factions indicate that they hail from the other side of the galaxy, and fled to this part due to the destruction of their empire many thousands of years ago. The journey to this end of the galaxy was said to take over a thousand years, even with the more advanced FTL drives that the Porsavoo posses.

The reason for why the majority of the Porsavoo "Havens" reside inside the Human Empire is mainly becuase of thier jumpdrive technology is several hundred of years more advanced than the rest of the races drives, and the blueprints or even pieces of the jumpdrives is worth a lot on the black market.

Btw what system do you guys use for you sci-fi settings?

I've heard about Stars without Numbers but it seems too close to D&D for me.

Are you alright with the setting being an already existing universe before being adapted to roleplay?

Sure

Then, Halo Mythic is pretty good, it used to be updated here but Vorked moved to reddit. Its not complete, has a a lot of tables to sift through for weapons, and damage is all over the place, but its still pretty good.
Here senpaitachi: reddit.com/r/HaloMythic/

>not pulling a Namor

I fucking hate new Star lord

thanks m8

Bump for interest.

Seriously space stuff needs more characters not giving a shit of the alien looks humanoid or not

I always liked these guys.

Bump

This! ^

Who?

based Namor

Also Prophet.

How difficult is it to manage ethics divergance as an individualist (militarist materialist) empire? Not sure if I want to give them conformist to keep everyone in line, or intelligent and fast learner for smart ayys. Government would be direct democracy either way.

Just have most of them enjoy buying shit. Makes the individual ethical choices mostly about consumer aesthetics. Its still difficult but we manage.

If you're going Individualist, divergence is just something that you're going to have to deal with.

You can buy both Conformist and Intelligent if you take two negatives -- I use Stationary and Slow Breeders.

A mechanical race perhaps? A form of alien AI that is so intrigued by humans' ability to see innate value in machines and care for them beyond their immediate utility and disposal, to say nothing of the sheer novelty of humans to even concoct the idea of being friendly with an artificial life form.

>What's the most broken, easy-mode combination of Ethos and Government in Stellaris?

Fanatic Materialist / Individualist.

I know its sci-fi heresy, but I've never been a fan of mechanical races.

Why not go for a servitor race uplifted from pre-sapient stock Humanity encountered in one of the early solar systems?

Basically a bio-engineered race custom-designed to suit Humanity's particular needs at the time, and have since evolved into stalwart friends and companions as they travel the stars?

A fearful race of skilled [enter desired role here] that was on the brink of extinction due to alien warlords and pirates. Humanity saved them, and they practically worship us because of it.

Hmm, those are good ideas.

bump

Is Stellaris good? Would you recommend it? What's the gameplay like?

pretty low replay value

blimp

I played it for 115 hours. Then I declared it uplayable shit. And kept playing.

The game is very barebones right now, but is still fun to goof around.

Game is fun, but needs some more love. It's been worth my money so far, but damn, playing anything but xenophobe militarists right now is a fucking slog. It really is bare bones, but they keep releasing free updates and will have dlc down the line.

Here's how it plays out for me:
>build up home system
>colonize
>constantly work on research
>expand until you get boxed in by neighbors
>start a war to take their space
>don't have the xenophobe ethics that make me hate aliens so I can just kill them all
>have no control or influence over them, so you can't make them like you
>have to settle for making them my vassal and letting them hate me until they decide to rebel
Alternately:
>liberate planet, making them guaranteed to like you
>make into protectorate
>they're fucking weak and can never merge into your empire because they need to hit a certain tech level relevant to you

I'll be fucked if they aren't on the right track, though. So far in my games I've researched Gene Seed Purification for better armies and made Xenomorph armies. No joke, those are the actual names. I've also researched AI and acquired an undying AI general to lead my fleet.

Personally, I enjoy collecting as many xenos as I can into my empire. They stir shit in sectors, get into my core planets via free migration and this is how I'm having fun.

The big problem is that Paradox aren't seem to be very good at balancing anything. They used to make historical games where fun comes from absurd excesses of sandbox experience, like one day you start as Baltic pagans and next thing you know is Europe overrun by your empire and Moors and steppes are filled with vikings.

Stellaris can't do it.

Xenomorph armies are shit. In the time it takes to make one, you can make a dozen clone armies.

Armies can be stockpiles in peace time. They can also be produced on different planets.

Holy shit just get some Genetically Enhanced Super Soldiers like normal people.

It's a rare tech, mate.
Although clones are still probably the most convinient. Who cares what your army composition is when there's 36 of them.

>Who cares what your army composition is when there's 36 of them.

>He doesn't stockpile Very Strong supersoldiers on all his worlds during times of peace

>doesn't field Titanic Warbeasts to crush the hopes and will of lesser species