Dragon Ball Tuffle Quest Z #39

>You are Maple Son-Mahogany, one of two young Tuffle twins thrown at Earth starting in early Dragon Ball by your "father," Dr. Raichi

>"Canon" had already taken a sharp turn from the "norm" when you began, and through your actions, choices, and dialogue, took even further turns from the "norm," and will probably continue to do so

>Stats and dice mechanics are used, and can be explained again as needed

>Let's all try to have some fun, ok?

And a pastebin: pastebin.com/21G6yqwe

youtu.be/NLOxUvbGG1I

Last time, on Dragon Ball Tuffle Quest Z! You found that Kami will be leaving for Namek as Tien and the Crane School search for Korin, Trip taking his place as Earth's "Kami." You then spent time trying to learn the Instant Transmission technique... with limited success, though with a bit of persuasion, you manage to learn the Mafuba from Master Roshi. Finally, Bulma tells you that the Galactic King will be visiting Earth formally on Christmas Eve, where you've decided to join in as added security...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OftGPa1-jSA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

"Goku, come on, we'll be late!" you shout, Peppa and Gohan on the Nimbus, your daughter playing with her adorable little dress as her brother sits patiently in his cute little suit.

"Sorry, sorry!" Goku pleads, closing the door. "Eheh, Groucho seemed worried about this chicken outside. Completely ignoring his dinner."

You spot said bird moving... strangely behind your house. Huh. You don't recall your neighbors keeping any, but it's a mystery that can wait. You move to Goku as he adjusts his tie. "Ready now?"

"Yep! Let's go!" he cheers.

You fly off towards Mifan, Goku with the kids on the Nimbus, meeting with Bulma's family halfway and getting on their jet. Yamcha and Acer greet you all, Chi-chi complimenting your dress. Your brother then pulls out a map of Mifan. "I'll be patrolling the streets in this area. Lapis is at Mifan already, Lazuli with him, both of them ready to help at a moment's notice." He makes a circling motion around the outer area of the main city, then points at the castle. "Sis, you and Yamcha will be at the formal event here. Chi-chi and Izumi will be with you as well, with her dad."

"It's been a long time since I've ever been formally invited to such a thing." the mountain of a man comments with a laugh. "I'll try not to cause too much trouble."

"I'd hope Taco is there again, Tights wanted me to give him a copy of her new book." Dr. Briefs adds.

"Jaco, dad. You're doing that on purpose." Bulma bemoans.

Acer looks around. "Anyway, any questions?"

>A. Have you had any premonitions on this, brobro, Yamcha? Flash of warning?
>B. Anyone else going to be here?
>C. You sure you don't want to attend the event with us, Acer?
>D. Something else?

WOOOOH! HAI KATOOO!

>D. Something else?
"You know bro, if your really worried. We could try fusion and combine our foresight! I bet together we could scry all the baddies at once!"

Fun fact from one of the discussion in the Space Monkeys quest, apparently Bulma's more powerful then the farmer from DBZ according to Power Level. In this quest she's like seven times more powerful.

Good morning sunshine! Also:
>B. Anyone else going to be here?

>C. You sure you don't want to attend the event with us, Acer?

You lean back on the ship's side. "Have you guys had any premonitions of things? Brobro, Yamcha? Any hints at something nefarious?"

"Aside from a samurai fighting an unspeakable evil in the far future, nothing." Acer responds with a comically serious expression.

"I did notice something, but the only thing it seemed to be was of Jaco terrified of something, pointing at it." Yamcha comments. "...starting to think I should ask Baba for some help on this kind of thing."

You smile and nod. "Smart move. Acer, maybe if we try the Fusion Dance we might be able to-"

"I would rather not." he requests with furrowed brows. "Besides, you and Chi-chi are a better fit."

You pout. "Fine. Well, anyone else gonna be here? I know Raditz is already there, Vegeta and Nappa seemed like they were headed to the Lookout..."

Acer rubs his chin. "I think I sensed Godzilla headed in the direction of it, but not completely sure. Nobody else, really."

You notice Peppa walk towards Izzy at the mention of the Fusion Dance, the two girls talking a bit. Gohan meanwhile heads to Pantea, who excitedly shows off a new model kit she's completed. Looks like a Gundam with large wings and two large rifles in its hands. Pantea then spots you looking at her and walks over, a wide smile on her face. "Mrs. Maple, I've been training real hard with dad! I think I've put together a really cool move!"

Gohan tilts his head curiously at her, then looks back at the model in her hands.

>A. Oh? Well after this is all over, how about you show me?
>B. How have you and Yamcha been training, by the way?
>C. Oh, that reminds me, Bulma, any luck with the Tree of Might's fruit?
>D. Something else?

>A. Oh? Well after this is all over, how about you show me?galactic donut??

How's it going Kato?

Pretty good. Have some good news for when the thread is over.

>D. Something else?
"Hey Baba has some paper weights that can help with your gun project Pantea!"

TUFFLE QUEST 24/7!

Can we suggest the idea of Tuffle Battle Jackets to Pantea?

Just something more like...power armor rather then a giant exoskeleton?

We've seen the weaknesses on those. We wanna stream line it. Make it more like the androids. But instead of technology on the inside, it's armored on the outside.

Good news in regards to this quest or something else?

You're pregnant?

Something lightweight and durable.

It's like one of my japanese yuris

Exactly! Something we can use to support and add on to our abilities not something bulky.

We could even use the Sleeping Princess for an arc reactor replacement.

....Maybe uncursed blood rubies too?

Damn now I can't leave this thread. I need to know!

You pat her head. "Well, how about you show me when this is all over, okay kiddo? Oh, and if you and your dad find the chance some time soon, maybe talk to Auntie Baba about a kind of Ki container."

"Sure!" she responds cheerfully, running around with her model. Gohan smiles at her and sticks with the purple-haired girl, asking her about the Gundam model she has.

As she heads back to you, circling the ship, you ask her parents, "How has her training been, by the way? I can tell you've been practicing hard with you, Yamcha."

Yamcha laughs. "Hah, squirt's about as strong as Raditz was when he arrived. Videl still has her beat, but she doesn't really mind it too much. And she's been keeping up on her studies."

"Keeping up? Girl's about almost as smart as I was when I was her age! She's been blasting through them, just like her mom did." Bulma comments with a prideful smile as she looks back, her daughter blushing a little.

"Oh, right, Bulma, any luck with the Tree of Might fruit?"

She nods with the same prideful smile on her face. "I've probably hit a breakthrough with it. The Fountain of Youth water has preserved it well, and I believe that with enough time, I can make a sort of drink using it that'll make it even more potent than normal."

Sounds like another thing that'll keep the edge against Freeza and Cooler, perfect!

(cont.)

You arrive on a little area near the main Mifan castle, Acer waving to his wife and daughter as he starts to fly off. A ways away you notice a far, far larger area that seems to resemble an airport terminal. The new Mifan Spaceport. And the guests of honor have already arrived. Let's see... Jaco, Jiya, Undine, and a few other individuals. One of them is clearly the Galactic King, looking like a space octopus and seeming fairly powerful, almost as strong as Ginyu, while there seems to be... wait, is that a Namek? Huh, well, guess one was part of the Galactic Patrol. Pilaf, flanked by Mai, Shu, and Shen, approach with King Furry.

"Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong. Oh behalf of the people of Earth, I welcome you visitors to our humble little planet." the dog King of the planet states, putting his paw forward.

The alien gives him a shake with one of his tentacles. "And I am honored to be here to welcome you to the Galactic community."

Flashes of photography are almost drowned out by a cacophony of voices from the people, mostly press, gathered there.

>A. Head over, see if you can say hi to them as well
>B. Head inside the castle, try to be discrete
>C. Something else?

>C. Something else?
SAMMA DITTHI

I don't trust this. This right where the sniper usually shoots one of the diplomats.

I watch action movies, I'm an expert.

This, and sense for Towa, and check scouter for any androids.

This!.

Rolled 14, 20, 2, 3, 4 = 43 (5d20)

Okay, roll me 1d20, best of five. DC is 14.

Rolled 6 (1d20)

Rolled 15 (1d20)

Rolled 16 (1d20)

Rolled 6 (1d20)

Cmon Tuffle Luck!

At least I didn't get a 1.

Rolled 8 (1d20)

oh shoot

All righty, writing...

>Just something more like...power armor rather then a giant exoskeleton?

You feel... suspicious, for a moment. Your foresight doesn't hit anything, but there's an uneasy sensation in the air. You breathe out "Samma Ditthi" and focus on the crowd. You look through and spot... oh no. There's someone there, a someone who's armed. You step forward, ready to stop them... but suddenly sense Lapis teleport in next to them. You try your best to eavesdrop on what he tells the person, a middle-aged and large panda man...

"You don't want to do this." Lapis states, hand on the person's shoulder. "It wouldn't accomplish anything aside from making everything worse. You attack him, and a gesture of friendship will quickly fade. Please."

"Kid, you know nothing of what I've lost because of aliens like that. My home. My family's honor. My-"

"This won't bring any of it back." Lapis lets go. "My sister tried to do what you're about to do once. It's still eating at her today, though she's working to move past it. I know how this ends, and I don't want someone to go through what she did."

You sense the panda person slowly calm himself, walking off. You sigh with relief. 'Thanks, Lapis.'

'Heh, Acer gave me a heads' up. Was just a little bit quicker on the draw than you this time. I'll help the guy out, Konkichi and Lazuli can talk with him a bit.'

(cont.)

"Something up?" Goku asks, everyone else heading inside the castle quietly.

You look to the crowd and smile. "...everything's fine."

"Great! Now let's head in, I can smell some delicious food inside."

You ruffle his hair. "Monkey boy, no stuffing your face in front of the alien royalty. It's usually rude." Though, given the other alien royalty you know of, you can guess there's at least one exception on Earth.

Inside, it's a much quieter affair. No reporters or other members of the press, just the ballroom with servants walking around, offering treats. You spot Pilaf nearly collapse as he enters. "I thought they were gonna eat me alive out there!"

"Oh come now, Sir, you handled yourself fine." Mai comments, helping him up.

"There're gonna be so many reporters for the next few weeks..." the blue imp Emperor mumbles out weakly.

King Furry and the Galactic King talk together, while Jaco has already started chatting with Bulma's family, to the Namekian's irritation. Tao seems to be in a corner, eyes watching the place like a hawk's. Your kids are sticking with Pantea and Izzy, thankfully, with the Ox King trying his best to make some small talk with one of the other aliens.

>A. Check in on Tao, see if he's noted anything
>B. Not noticing Blue around, check on your Scouter to see if he's busy with something
>C. Meet with the Galactic King, talk a bit
>D. People watch, but don't get too distracted
>E. Something else?

>A, D

>Properly greet the namekian officer and get his name. Introduce yourself with a business card magically materialized up as a way to show off without posing.

Can we greet the Namekian in proper tongue this time rather then sounding like a clumsy tourist?

He is forever the Blue Imperor to me now.

>Eats, Shoots and leaves.

>B. Not noticing Blue around, check on your Scouter to see if he's busy with something

>D. People watch, but don't get too distracted

>E. Greet the Namekian, ask how Namek has been doing since we last visited.

Kato ded?

Kato IS ded.

I guess we know what the good news was.

Yeah, now that she can haunt us, we don't have to worry about how much work she does or sleep she gets.

IF YOU DIE IN THE THREAD YOU DIE IN REAL LIFE

YOU BLEW IT ARNOLD! NO UNTOLD RICHES FOR YOU!

You walk towards Tao. "Been a while since we last met."

"Indeed it has." he notes, giving you a quick nod.

"Anything been up? Or... well, notice anything suspicious on the last few days?"

"Aside from a drunken monkey prince and his so-called General causing a mild incident involving one of the less savory criminal underground elements in Mifan, a disgruntled Giras, and a very disgruntled cabbage merchant a couple weeks ago, there's been little new to note." he responds, giving you a slightly accusing glare. Hoo boy he wasn't kidding about the drinking...

"Aha, w-well, it sounds like you cleared that up!" you reply nervously.

"Blue cleared that up. I'm the one who had to listen to him whine about it." he clarifies. "I have noticed a clan of Ninja seemed to arrive about a month ago, but they have done nothing suspicious, and nothing directed at Pilaf or the Mifan Government. I'm not paid to police the entire city, and that was a month ago, so they have apparently accomplished their goals without much incident."

Ninja? Huh. Strange. "Well... sorry that Vegeta's picked this place to vent."

"He could do worse, I suppose." Tao finishes, sighing. "...don't let your guard down, though. I know something is happening."

You look around, getting your Scouter out. "Say, where is Blue?"

"Preparing Pilaf's gift to the King. It is Christmas, after all."

Well, that's nice of him. Your Scouter does confirm that Blue's a good distance away, with some other guards. You next head in the direction of the Galactic King, but first move to the Namekian. "Avishta." you greet, to his surprise, introducing yourself.

(cont.)

He gives you a quizzical "Limako. I'm not actually from Namek, I descend from one of the Dragon Clan that ended up on Planet Sodia. My father's only child."

"Ah, Kami and Piccolo would've liked to meet you. They're Namekians that ended up on Earth during the catastrophe. Kami's actually gone to Namek himself, wanted to meet with his people."

He shrugs. "Well, can't blame them. Just- Jaco, please stop making a scene." he grunts, noting Jaco almost comically sobbing as he looks at a book. Seems to be... a signed copy of something that looks like him.

You laugh slightly, and then meet the Galactic King himself. "Ah, so you're the Tuffle Jaco told me about. Maple Son-Mahogany." he states, noting Goku finally finding Raditz, Peppa and Gohan running to their uncle.

>A. Greet him respectfully
>B. Maple introduction! POSE!
>C. Ask him a bit about what this meeting will mean for the Earth
>D. Something else?

A whole year passed!?

>D. Maple Mahogany, actually.

We were in space for half a year.

>B. Maple Mahogany introduction! POSE!

"Yep that right, Maple Son-Mahogany. Anyone who says different is an impostor!"
>D. Something else?
Magically materialize an awesome cape for him his majesty made from the same material as the scarf we made. Their crest on it and all that.

Protecting his majesty with style.

>D. Though it's Maple Mahogany, actually, but I can see why you'd be confused. See, some godlike entity keeps trying to force this totally uncatchy and tacky surname on me when this planet's Chinese/Japanese styled surnames really don't have any basis for that, and that's just not the name I and my brother decided upon the day we were born. Sorry for the confusion!

>D. Maple Mahoganyson, actually, it's got a ring to it, don't you think?

I think she does this purely to trigger you.

I hope she keeps doing this.

>But you can call me Maple the Alien Killer, you don't look a day over 12,000, fuck you!

Our last name's not changing without representation.

>>B. Maple introduction! POSE!
>>C. Ask him a bit about what this meeting will mean for the Earth

>all this last name salt

kek

I agree.

I thought our name was Maple Son-Mahogany-Mahogany made from the trees of Melcahior VII-Son.

what the fuck is a Melcahior

Melcahior VII is a dead world. Void of life, and tis a silly place.

MALCHIOR 7 IS WHERE THE TREES ARE 700 FEET TALL AND BREATHE FIRE!

so does my diiick

It's void of life and silly?

no, it breathes fire all day

You....might wanna see a doctor.

That sounds like an std.

A Super Transformed Dick you say?

Guys, I have a get-rich-quick scheme, first, we tell the kids that they're going in the Pendulum room to train, and then IT them to the PTO homeworld instead, and set them loose to wreak havoc and win the war while preserving some of their innocence.

You nod politely as you feel the sudden urge to blurt out that your name was once Maple Mahogany, before you married Goku, taking on his surname while keeping your own, but somehow you know Acer would laugh at you if you did such a thing in front of an alien monarch and never let you live it down. You instead give a more standard... "Turtle School Master, Faster than Lightning, honorary Ginyu member, Champion of Earth, last hope of a dying race, defender of Truth, Justice, and the Planet Plant way!" Aaaaaand POSE!

He blinks twice and then comments aloud, "Ginyu...?" before shaking his head and smiling. "A... pleasure." He gives a look like he'd been warned about this previously, just didn't expect it to be so... THAT.

King Furry laughs. "Yes, our Earth's Maple. I'm sure her exploits have reached you via the Galactic Patrol members who have visited this world?"

"Indeed they have." he nods.

You then spin around and CLOTHES BEAM up a cape for the alien monarch, presenting it to him. "Merry Christmas, your majesty. Thank you for meeting with our planet like this. I'm curious, though, what plans do you have now that the Earth is part of the larger galaxy?"

His expression warms slightly as he takes the gift. "We will do our best not to interfere with your local governments unless you wish to join us as a member, but we have opened diplomatic relations. I suspect this planet may get more tourists than before, but they will at least have to have such a thing recorded. Not a lot at first, Earth is fairly out there compared to the rest of the galaxy, though some agencies have already taken note of your planet's technology." He points a tentacle at Dr. Briefs. "And I thank you for the gift."

(cont.)

"We of Earth are just glad to finally have aliens that aren't trying to take us over, for once." King Furry jokes.

You notice a few aliens enjoying the snacks Pilaf provides as you head back to Goku, himself trying to control his appetite... as best he can. "Hewy Meypulh, whutz uhp?" he mumbles through a mouthful of shrimp.

>A. Monkey boy, chew, then question
>B. Good news, it sounds like. Things are going well
>C. Seems like this will wrap up soon, we should get the kids ready
>D. Something else?

Roll me 1d20, best of five. DC is 15.

Rolled 19 (1d20)

Rolled 4 (1d20)

>A. Monkey boy, chew, then question

>>B. Good news, it sounds like. Things are going well

Rolled 6 (1d20)

Eh fuh FEH eh fuck

>D. Have more shrimp, they're to die for.

Rolled 4 (1d20)

monkey prince inbound?

Rolled 8 (1d20)

>A
>B

Rolled 17, 11, 16, 4, 4 = 52 (5d20)

Closer than I thought it'd be.

Wait a minute, POWs can't be bailed out! Kato, this quest is unrealistic.

I mean they were put into custody of Tarble, the other Saiyan Prince. He just decided parole would be better, especially in the hands of another saiyan (like a PTO officer) and the ones who beat them.

You sigh. "Chew, then talk, monkey boy. Peppa and Gohan are gonna pick up on that bad habit."

Goku hurriedly chews and swallows. "Eheh, sorry."

You smile. "Anyway, seems things are going well, so there's the good news-"

A flash of insight hits you, you noticing it hit Yamcha as well before the vision comes. There's... some presence approaching the Earth. It looks like something massive, a ship? No... it's shaped like some kind of crystal formation. Whatever it is, it's massive, powerful... wait a second... it looks like a... blue Godzilla? It's... headed for Earth!

Goku blinks at you as the vision fades. "...was good news, I take it?"

"We need to do something, soon." Yamcha adds, walking to you.

>A. We'll try to move whatever it is away from populated areas, especially Mifan
>B. It's in space, try to sense for it and blast it before it approaches Earth!
>C. Wait for it to land, might not be hostile...
>D. Something else?

>A. We'll try to move whatever it is away from populated areas, especially Mifan

Get it somewhere secluded. If it's hostile, no harm no foul, blast it somewhere no one cares about. If it's friendly, bring it back to Mifan, we have a third friendly party arriving.

>D. Attempt mind reading/talking. We ARE opening up earth to the galactic scene

>D. Something else?
"Summon the Kaiju and get Melchior."

Its morphing time.

>D. Attempt mind reading/talking. We ARE opening up earth to the galactic scene

We got a godzilla jr or something?

>D. If we felt it like this is probably trouble, but let's give them the benefit of the doubt. We can blow them up nearly as easily after they land.

>D. Something else?
Everyone combine their spirit bit barriers overlaying all in the path of this thing to slow it down.

"All hands on deck for this. Let's keep it away from populated areas, but not engage it until it shows it's hostile. Especially Mifan."

Peppa, Gohan, and Izzy note what you're planning, and while your son and niece seem to move towards the Ox King, aware of what you're about to do... Peppa pouts, mumbling "Strongah..." as she turns away, sulking a walk to Pantea. Goku approaches her and talks with her a bit as you telepathically contact Acer, Lapis, and Lazuli. You apologize for having to leave for a bit, just have some security concerns to deal with, and head out, CLOTHES BEAMing some more proper outfits on yourself, Goku, and Yamcha. As this... thing nears Earth, you attempt to contact it. It's... definitely stronger than you were expecting. Power Level in the millions.

'Hello visitor, welcome to Earth. Do you come in pea-'

youtube.com/watch?v=OftGPa1-jSA

The psychic, shrieking replies echo in your mind painfully. You can... barely understand them. But whatever the thing is trying to tell you... it's hungry. It wants energy of some kind. You... are getting the feeling it's not welcoming. You try your best to tell it to meet you outside Mifan... and it does seem to change direction.

To Godzilla.

It touches down about a kilometer away from the monster, with you all noticing a large crystalline structure bursting out of the ground. In the middle of it all is the creature. Some kind of... Space Godzilla. It notices you all as you approach it, glaring, but doing nothing else. Instead, it eyes Godzilla. And makes an expression like it's smirking.

'Listen, buddy, whatever your beef is with him-'

It lets out a horrific roar that seems to shout at you its intentions: CONSUME.

Godzilla walks towards the alien mirror of himself, grunting at you that this thing is his to deal with.

>A. You do that, big G
>B. Attack the space monster
>C. Try to telekinetically toss it off the planet
>D. Lapis, see if you can teleport it away
>E. Something else?

Samma Vaca!

>A. You do that, big G

>A. You do that, big G
>"Do your best, but if you go down I'm stepping in."

I'll back this: Personal duels within reasonable limits.

This.

We gotta give Godzilla the fruit of might boost!

Then he'll no longer become your average godzillsaurus. He will have risen and become...THE LEGENDARY SUPER GODZILLA!