EDH/Commander General

Best board wipes edition
>RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface
magiccards.info

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/kalemne-sitter-of-faces/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ride-the-sky-and-carry-heavy-sticks/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/captain-facepunch/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for waifus aren't worth

I disagree.

What ARE the best board wipes?
Bonus points for wipes that don't touch you

This is one of my favorite boardwipes. No one ever expects a morph creature to clear the field, much less clear the field of indestructible shit. OP's is awesome too.

That doesn't make sense, though. The spell itself is dealing 5+2.

"If a red [stuff] you control would deal damage damage to a permanent or player, it deals that much damage plus 2 to that player or permanent instead."
Meanwhile, Furnace States "If a source would deal damage to a creature or player, it deals double that damage to that creature or player instead."

I see zero reason why it wouldn't be doubled regardless. The damage from the gauntlet would still double.
5*2 + 2*2 is the same as 2(5+2).

I've recently put together Sigarda, Host of Herons EDH and I'm actually rather fond of Divine Reckoning. It's great for Voltron decks, especially if your meta has a lot of token spam.

My playgroup loves playing board wipes literally all the time.

What's a good Commander or deck style to give them the middle finger?

Because a replacement effect can only be applied to the same source once.

So you have two ways of going about it:
>5
>5+2
>7x2
>14

>5
>5x2
>10+2
>12

If you apply the Furnace effect first, it won't be reapplied when the +2 is added.

Counterspells, indestructible, and mass flickers.

If I already have an Omnath (not angry omnath, locus of mana omnath) deck, is it worth it to get a Kruphix one as well?

I think you're right, I was confused

It makes sense that the person who owns the effect of beacon of d's deals 5 damage would control the order it is replaced

Sigarda is good for an indestructible/regeneration theme deck, make sure you run as much slow flicker as you can, ghostway and eerie interlude are the best possible board wipe answers, asceticism can be strong, avacyn Angel of hope

Another option is Gaddock teeg, who turns off most board wipes, besides the two best cyc rift and toxic deluge, but for those you have ghostway, etc

want to build my waifu but the cards I want for her are so expensive

Vela? Make it so they know you'll take a bite out of whoever plays the board wipe.

A Voltron with Wydwen or Selenia is also an option. Let them wipe the board just to clear the way for you.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/kalemne-sitter-of-faces/

Link related is my constant work in progress, all critiques welcome
>inb4 32 lands, we partial paris in my group

Junk Anafenza, get Living Plane, Nature's Revolt, Kormus Bell, Jolreal, Empress of Beasts, Faith's Reward, Second Sunrise, and Ghostway

>mfw trying to fine tune mimeplasm before tomorrow

I already run deadbridge chant, sands of delirium, grindlock, and phenax but how do I mill myself and others faster?

I'm a big fan of Akroma's Vengeance. Hits everything except planeswalkers and lands and if I don't need to wipe the board I can just cycle it.

Mesmeric Orb

How can i improve this deck to ramp, draw, and continually put fatties on the board?

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ride-the-sky-and-carry-heavy-sticks/

>mfw its 8 burger bucks on tcgplayer

Not much of a problem but it won't be here until after I play. Hopefully my group doesn't mind a proxy

hey it could be worse

>fall in love with waifu as soon as she's announced
>everyone is suspicious of her deck but I retain hope
>gets released and I customize the fuck out of it
>soon everyone realizes how great she is
>waifu is one of the best girls now and everyone either vehemently hates her or likes her

Traumatize.

altar of the brood

So I bought an English played vhati il-dal from troll and toad, and it appears to be signed? ??

Is this real life? Will reply with more images

Could just play Marcheesy

Is this real?

probably, look up the artist and compare his signature.

It looks close

It's real

Cards that are signed are not considered to be in Mint condition, even if the signature makes them more valuable. That's why it was considered to be "Played".

I know this isn't legacy thread but

>yfw lion's eye diamond and moat prices are receding to their original prices
>Berry is on suicide watch

Looks legit. Shit, yo, that's pretty neat.

do you have that Vhati list?

Holy fuck, he's underwhelming. I'm really disappointed.

You're late nigga

I know, I didn't have time to look up spoiler. Still, what the fuck.

Bumping for answers, please.

I just wanted a vhati, was considering making a deck for him.

Now I have to!

>GW
Well there's your problem.

There's only so much that you can support when playing GW. Yes, you *can* get fatties down quickly, but GW plays to its strengths when it plays and makes lots of little dudes which then grow huge.

I feel like you'd be better off with Karametra as your commander. You're not really utilizing Sigarda as anything but a beater.

Selvala is an option that can generate gas and pseudo-protects herself since she represents a resource to other players also.

Best

feels great, man.

I like you. And did you know it goes very nicely with this guy? I've made people get up in disgust because of those two cards.

Best boardwipes? Myself I prefer either Life's Finale or Phyrexian Rebirth.

Of course. Jesus, I love the fact that world queller exists. I love that moment of realization your opponents get the second time you name lands.

I play a very hated commander as well. Unfortunately, the fact remains that Meren has to die as soon as she hits the field.

What about Cradle and the other ones?

Cradle is at $198 median right now. Don't know what it was beforehand

What'S the most flavorful boardwipe for an angel tribal deck, apart from Descent upon the Sinful?

Which angel tribal deck, who's the commander?

Either going to be Tariel or, to make things more "competitive" (as far as tribals go) Kaalia, though I literally only have angels and landfetch artifact creatures in the entire deck.

It'd basically be Kaalia, 3 artifact land fetchers and 30 angels.

My actual nigger.

My friends always make fun of me whenever I play a morph creature, because I own like a playset of Bane. Constant "haha I wonder what that is!" I mean, until their boards full of INDESTRUCTIBLE GOD CARDS get annihilated.

Pic related, it's the rest of the table when I bust 8+ mana to 10-for-1.

Well Kaalia isn't technically an Angel.

With Tariel though anything that's a RWB board wipe would do.

Yeah, I know Kaalia isn't an angel, though she's probably the most powerful option for an otherwise angel tribal deck, considering how strong cheating in Avacyn turn 4 is.

I do run the 2 "type is angel" enchantments though.

It's even better with that tree of perdition in the game now. Spicy tech, I'll be picking one of these up.

Also, why does this not see much use? Just for not being a full wipe?

It's your call really. Truly efficient Kaalia decks are expensive so when it comes to Angel tribal for either Tariel or Kaalia it really just depends on your budget going further.

If you build Kaalia you'll probably end up wanting to incorporate Dragons and Demons in the deck though just because the power is too tempting not too.

Too slow, by the time you've spent 6 mana it's just global -1/-1 and so damnation or deluge or something are typically better.

Yeah, I've been tempted, though I'm mostly just building that deck as an angel waifu shiny deck with lots of pretty artworks, so Demons and Dragons joining is still far off.

Radiant

Damnit, picture didn't attach. This is the wipe I was asking about

>This foil will never exist
feelsbad

5 mana, often leaves something very powerful, and hits you too.

This guy.

They want to play board wipes? Great. You get a free yawgmoth's will during their turn.

Are there any wipes that don't hit you?

Cyclonic rift, insurrection, mass calcify, in garruk's wake, and a fuckton others.

So why exactly did the Kamigawa block have so many damn legendary creatures?

that was the theme, bra

Plenty. Death's Wind, In Garruk's Wake, and Cyclonic Rift come to mind

>So why did Kamigawa have so many black legendaries

Because the japanese are niggers

I threw together a cart of the cards for a deck and it ended up at $250 with a lot of the cards being cheaper than they usually are.

When did stoneforge hit 15

I'd like some help trying to improve this deck. I've tried to tune it a lot, but I'm not sure what I should do from here. It just feels unfinished to me. Any help would be appreciated.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/captain-facepunch/

the shitty templating on your card triggers me more than the charlie sheen face.

You choose what stays, meaning if they have an elesh norn, an avacyn, and a avacyn's pilgrim, you can force them to get rid of the norn and avacyn, but the pilgrim will stay

>go to my flgs to pick up a craterhoof for reasons
>nope, no craterhoofs instock
>pick up a few eternal masters packs, crack absolutely fuck all
>also got this
What's a non-oloro esper commander that isn't a aggro magnet? I'd really like to run this, just because, but why the fuck isn't it legendary?

You have a Crucible of Worlds, so run some type of LD (Armageddon/Catastrophe/Strip Mine/Ghost Quarter)
I don't think Gideon will help you all that much and then 2 planeswalkers isn't really that much of a reason to include Call the Gatewatch so i would nix both of those

I see alot of soldiers so possible cavern of souls

Land tax + Scroll rack is disgustingly good card draw for white

I don't know how lucky you've been with Entreat the Angels, i wopuld personally take it out in favor for something more reliable

Pic related is highly suggested for Iroas Commander. With it, all you creatures are unblockable

Yeah, but since we don't live in magical christmas land, often your opponents have only one enchantment/artifact/creature because it's powerful enough that it's all they need. Also, any deck with a sac outlet can just sacrifice their bad stuff in response. Even if you get rid of one player's elesh and avacyn, you probably leave them with a lurking predators or somethimg.

Sydri usually flies under the radar, most other Esper commanders are like you said though, aggro magnets.

Sydri.

That card has massive breasts and they're hilariously out of place. I'd still tap that though.

It was made for the Charlie Sheen joke, so I didn't really care about the templating.

3 out of your 9 instants are also untutorable via Sunforger so I would suggest taking a look at that

Well, there's my answer.

Is Sydri fun, or am I just better off cramming all my goodstuff into Sharuum and hope for the best?

Eh, I've had worse. Good, but weird, taste user.

saggy sphinx tits

You can't tell sag by a picture with a bra, what are you talking about? I'm sure they're nicer than yours.

Also, cut Anax and Cymede. You have zero cards to activate their heroic ability in your favor. Wild Guess is also a worse Faithless Looting IMO

uh oh did I trigger a fat sjw that identifies as sphinx-kin?

>not wanting to fuck the sphinx
Come on, user. Pull yourself together.

It's a mythic because it can literally win the draft

What? No. I just wanted to see amateur boobies on the internet and debate whether they're nicer than that sphinx's. I'd let that sphinx solve my riddle, if you catch what I'm saying.

Oh I want to fuck Sphinx, just not that sphinx

I understand why it's a mythic, it has like 8 keyword abilities. I don't understand why it isn't legendary. I would run that awful $2 card as my commander out of spite if I could.

God tier taste detected, assuming you're bigger than a house.

It's probably not a legendary because it's just a thing, not a named character. I'm kinda glad it isn't though, having an Esper Baneslayer/Akroma in the command zone sounds pretty nasty

>not just crawling in and out

Oh, I see what you're saying now. Sorry for being dumb, lol.

If you ran Sharuum, you could just express very loudly you're not artifact combo, you're just sphinx tribal. And then actually build sphinx tribal