Is your girlfriend as into tabletop as you are?

Is your girlfriend as into tabletop as you are?
How do you manage that?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZhKGtgcZghc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>TFW you met her on /d/.
>TFW she was smart, funny, into games, and shared your fetishes.
>TFW even though you didn't ever really call yourselves that, you were getting pretty close and it was only a matter of time.
>TFW you fucked it up and she'll never speak to you again.

Nope, OP, my girlfriend isn't as into tabletop as I am... because she doesn't exist anymore.

>she doesn't exist anymore
RIP

>Girlfriend

How about boyfriends?

My long-distance boyfriend is into tabletop gaming. It's one of the things we do in common regularly. He also shares a decent number of my fetishes, and has some fairly 'out there' ones himself which I'm completely fine with. He wants to ERP too, but I'm a bit awkward about it.

Long-distance may remain a dream, but I'm enjoying it.

Shes the reason I got into tabletops... so I would say yeah maybe even more so.

i've tried to convince her to give it a chance but she is a typical girl

What?

No.

I mean, I'm pretty sure that she's still alive.

We haven't spoken in years.

I hope that she's okay.

almost. she hates magic, and despite really enjoying anime choice anime weeb shit disgusts her. These two things drop her interest in a game pretty low so she just isn't as familiar with as many systems as me. I like 5e, Burning wheel, L5R, shadwrun, WHFB, and homebrews, she likes mouseguard, vanilla WoD, Traveler, and Napoleonic wargames like Black Powder. Of course nobody we know likes any of that shit except 5e and pathfinder, so we're both pretty much fucked and tend to just play non-magical combo characters in whatever edition of DnD is being run.

This. If only.

Yes.
Unfortunately, also equally incompetent with the rules as most of the friends from that circle.
Come on, ye twats. It isn't even hard, it's 5e...

>Implying I'll ever have a girlfriend

I don't even have anyone to play anything with. I just experience stuff vicariously through reading Veeky Forums stories and threads.

She's into card games as much as I am, so we just maintain a large enough cardpool for us to share.

As much as I try I can't get her into miniatures games at all, though.

Of course! Without her I couldn't roll dice!

feet can roll dice fine.

not really

One time i played hi ho cherrio using only my feet with a friend of mine. we got pretty proficient at working a spinner and manipulating little cherries with our toes in about 20 minutes, so i think you underestimate your feet.

>this thread again

>As into it as me
As of yet no, though she has not had the opportunities that I have.

I've run 1 on 1 role plays for her to decent effect. She's a lil anxious, so her on the spot planning is occasionally questionable, to hilarious result. Like her ratfolk rogue hiding under the bed of an 8 year old peasant while her bumbling sidekick fucked up the mission on her poorly thought-out orders.

Good times.

This.

>go to local gaming club
>every girl there is obese

If I could find a girl who was into tabletop and not a slob it would be nice.

No.
Easily.
NURD.

He introduced me to it. I deal.

Don't do it, bug girls are trouble

Mine is, but she's trans.

She cute?

>she

>Is your girlfriend as into tabletop as you are?
God no. She tried to get into magic and help me organize my cards in objectively the dumbest way possible. She wanted to put every single common and uncommon categorized by set and card number in a binder. I told her that I have a metric fuckton of magic cards and she would never ever complete it. Needless to say I was right, and I'm happier now that I can organize things however I want without getting bitched at for touching a $30 card.

>How do you manage that?
I go to drafts and play limited once a week. I can quietly twiddle my cards in the living room, but in fairness to her, she doesn't want to put up with my drunk ass screaming about kalonian hydras all day.

My ex is and that makes still being friends pretty easy. The girl I have my eye on at the moment isn't, but there's a bit of potential for luring her in.

They tend to be scared off by how they're treated.
>people who think she's pretending for geek cred or faking it for whatever other reason
>people who see attractive nerd girl and instantly make her the target of a self-conjured romance subquest instead of just letting friendship and whatever may or may not come after build naturally
>guys who try not to do this but overthink everything and make shit hella awkward
>girls who get jealous because either "the other girl" is stepping on her turf or because one is prettier than the other
>that little batch of neets who escaped r9k and think she's automatically a slut regardless of all other factors

It will not be easy to find one, they are beset on all sides.

>guys who try not to do this but overthink everything and make shit hella awkward
Man, I used to be so guilty of this. It took me a long time to stop planning elaborate scenario flow charts in my head to facilitate simple interactions. Ironically it wasn't until coming out on the other side of a little depression that made me stop caring so much.

Sometimes a tower's weaknesses can be fixed with reinforcements and additions, sometimes you need to take the whole thing down and start over. Rebuilding yourself from a bad point in life is a perfectly natural part of growth, bro.

She's into it, but can't be arsed to read the manuals herself, apart from the one or two pages that describe character classes.

She likes to play MtG but, again, can't be bothered to build a deck, only play mine. Or the one's I build around a poorly defined concept she comes up with.

Yep. We only one on one nowadays though. She's literally too attractive to play with a pick up group since they get all spaghetti or creepy with her and all of my trusted friends I used to play dnd with are back in Texas.

>>girls who get jealous because either "the other girl" is stepping on her turf or because one is prettier than the other
And they start competing over the DM affection/attention, I don't get it

Attention is the point system for attractiveness. Getting more of it than your competitor in a social scenario you both partake in means you're winning.

It's stupid and you have to be a really jealous and possessive type of person but that's the mindset.

best girl
would make slow gentle passionate love to her and cook breakfast the next day

>girlfriend

>Girlfirend
youtube.com/watch?v=ZhKGtgcZghc

My wife gets cravings if we don't play a RPG at least every few months.

Didn't have to manage anything; she was already into that stuff before I met her.

We're more a Card game couple. She loves playing pokemon, even plays the card game online from time to time. She's been trying to get into yugioh, but I'm a horrible teacher. Hopefully she'll like magic, too.

She has better taste than you do.