Warcraft Lore Thread

Warcraft Discussion.

Also, playing Warcraft D&D game.

Whats the coolest cohort of the following to have.

A Dragon from the Ruby Flight.

A High Elf Archer girl.

A Vrykul Warrior girl.

A Succubus,

or a Female Gnome Tinker?

Other urls found in this thread:

wowhead.com/news=250451/mage-order-hall-preview-and-artifact-transmog-recommendations
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

gnomes are so goofy and cute.

Ruby dragon easily.

nice trips.

i'd go with the gnome tinker.

Does a WoW setting book for DnD4 exist?

Obviously a qt Val'kyr

it got changed a lot when the later WoW games played footloose with the lore.

>high elves never ever

>Blood elf DKs RPing as high elves
REEE

If they're not on the alliance, they're not high elves, no matter what their blue eyes say

they are spoopily reanimated corpses, no matter what their openRP tabs say.

Speaking of which, does anyone think its weird that DKs get a shitty tombstone like sword for their most distinctive spec while frost which is the least DK spec as possible gets frostmourne?

Gnome Tinker or a Ruby Dragon for sure.

I know Warcraft got a DnD3 ruleset, and it seems like Warcraft is the perfect fit for DnD (High fantasy, lots of themes like tech and magic and gods, lots of races etc) but has there ever been an effort to make the setting work in another system? Bonus points if not d20 based.

Gnome > Succubutt > dragon > elf > vrykul

Short stacks are GOAT, Horns are cute, Basicall a human with benefits, basically a human with down sides, are you kidding me how could any human please a vrykul lady or the other way around for that matter really.

>night elf
>downsides
I don't see any.

Sup, does anyone have "dk world police" pics saved? I need them for scientific reasons.

>tfw you didn't save a single one
sorry senpai, have a gnome instead.

I have nothing to add tot
The discussion, just wanted you to know I named my death knight female gnome Minithil, and thought I was really clever for it.

You missed the furfaggotry part

Gnome lovers are closet pedos.

>user thinks cause he's not man enough to please a vrykul chick no man is
Speak for yourself, user.

I'll go for the Vrykul warlady,thank you.

>night elves
>furfaggotry

u wot m98?

Tauren, Worgen and Pandaren are the furfaggot races.

Night Elves are actually one of the least furry races.

nah, night elves are too pure for that.

high elf archer girls a best

>blood elf RP
REEEEEE
No for real, I pride myself on being one of the good ones. But other blood elf RPers never fail to dissapoint both I, and my farstrider

I think he is referring to whole druid thing from WC3.

>Doesn't see that 40% of night elves are druids.
>Druids stay in animal shape permanently.
Worgen were a mistake and are a blight on the Alliance. I hate Tauren but they have been in it since Warcraft 3 so whatever.
Pandas I'm pretty neutral toward, which is funny because that's the way they feel about everyone else.

sucks that one of my friends only plays horde, rather be a dwarf or a human then anyone else.

IS THAT CRIME I SMELL?!

It's ok we took care of the t2 paladin all is safe now

thank you for this

Watch our movie

yes sir mr Mograine

its a shame blizzard had to kill that entire plot point.

isn't he the last DK garrisonbot?

All of them can be mounted, but only one of them can be a mount.

Wait DK's are no longer raiding Undercity?

he becomes new leader of the four horsemen, and is one of the first order hall dudes iirc
order halls aren't garrisons pls don't make me terrified they'll be garrisons 2 electric boogaloo

>We'll never get to go FULL retard
Just imagine it man.
>Bolvar revived
>Koltiras raid
>Death Knight wyrm dropship
>Riding your horsie around into battle
>Customizing your pets appearance

Thanks, based dk.

the entire world police thing took a back seat. Tyrion lectures the player about how defiling the dead is bad from the dead.
>spoiler.
when legion fails, thats gonna be blizzard's hail mary.

>the entire world police thing took a back seat
But user.
INCORRUPTIBLE.
UNSTOPPABLE.
UNBRIDABLE.
100% CENTRAL CONNECTION TO THE LICH KING
PERFECT. WORLD. POLICE.

Also World Police was the whole Koltiras' stuff rather than Bolvar's

yeah, I know. The quest is a damp squib though.

All the other classes get some cool notable characters for their Class Halls like Koltira Deathweaver or Vanessa van Cleef, but here I am, Mage Master Race, getting a bunch of nobodies for my Class Hall.

Fucking UD players crying like bitches.

I hope legion bombs and they go full on retard, like removing horde/alliance, class factions, etc...

what do mages get?
>tfw no angry jainafu as your alliance follower.
also, is it odd that if I hear anything else laura bailey is in, it tickles me in a weird way?

>these threads again

Fuck. The Warcraft generals attracted the worst kinds of autists. It was a blessing when the threads lost interest and died out.

Aarakoa. Birdhermit the best.

wowhead.com/news=250451/mage-order-hall-preview-and-artifact-transmog-recommendations

Basically, just a bunch of Mage class trainers and a quintessential wacky Goblin.

Which I guess isn't too surprising, since most of the notable Mage characters are pretty huge figures (Jaina and Khadgar) and/or dead. What I do find kinda weird, though, is that the Paladins get Lady Liadrin, but the Mages don't get Rommath.

I think rogues have it worse, though. Other classes get some pretty cool class halls. Deathknights have their flying necropolis, druids get to chill in the Emerald Dream, demon hunters have a fucking looted Legion spaceship. Rogues get...That bar in the Dalaran sewers where I had my warlock's hearthstone set during WotLK (and where the hell am I going to put my warlock now that we're back in Dalaran and rogues took over the bar?).

why?
it was pretty comfy.
Did anyone else get a warhammer high elf vibe from their design? After rereading tyrion & teclis, I imagine lothern to be like the arrakoa raid.
Rommath is pretty pro horde though, or blood elf at the least.

Yeah, but at the same time they get pic related.

But I suppose the Mage is at least evened-out by getting the Hall of the Guardian.

>Rommath is pretty pro horde though, or blood elf at the least.
While true, Lady Liadrin is a big blood elf figure. But I suppose she isn't really the Big Three of the blood elves, which is why she's a class follower and Rommath isn't.

>While true, Lady Liadrin is a big blood elf figure. But I suppose she isn't really the Big Three of the blood elves, which is why she's a class follower and Rommath isn't.
lady liadrin was largely a paladin figure as blood knight matriarch.

So what's the reason blood elves have for sticking with the Horde? I haven't played since halfway through Cata.

not too much of a reason. The purge of dalaran happened and a lot of the blood elves were arrested because a faction of blood elf mages had broken the neutrality of dalaran during the alliance horde war by actively stealing shit from dalaran and using it as a staging ground for horde operations.
It was jaina's finest hour.

They're literal sluts and orcs, trolls, and tauren have the biggest dicks around. Also they're barbaric as fuck so they don't question why every female hunter has a wolf companion that spends the night in the same bed with them.

It sounded like at the time Lor'themar was sending out diplomatic feelers to try and reconcile with the Alliance, until a faction of Sunreavers helped Garrosh steal an artifact.

What is this about? I can't find much from a cursory googling?

>A Dragon from the Ruby Flight.
For a paladin, carries him to fights and cleanses their enemies with purifying flames.
>A High Elf Archer girl.
For a warrior, rains death upon his enemies.
>A Vrykul Warrior girl.
For a mage, as a meatshield
>A Succubus
For a warlock.
>or a Female Gnome Tinker?
For a hunter, she crafts him mods and ammo for his gun.

yeah, that entire arc was utterly pointless.
>alliance gets a leader doing badass stuff
>"They were almost going to become allies guize :DDD"
fuck you blizzard.
Post WoTLK, DKs were just existing in a void, and a prominent DK character was taken to sylvie's magical realm. Alpha leaks showed DKs kicking ass and taking names.
>For a hunter, she crafts him mods and ammo for his gun.
silly user, guns don't need ammo anymore. Bring the player not the class.

>yeah, that entire arc was utterly pointless.
>>alliance gets a leader doing badass stuff
>>"They were almost going to become allies guize :DDD"
>fuck you blizzard.

You're retarded if you thought they were actually going to make Blood Elves Alliance. It was always a plot device destined to not go anywhere.

That would've been awesome, and nothing came of it in Cata? Did the DK guy return or is he still missing?

then why bother with it for some cheap drama that would not go anywhere?
Faction war was a mistake
The player DK rescues him in legion.

>then why bother with it for some cheap drama that would not go anywhere?
>Faction war was a mistake

Because in an MMO, lore can't take precedence over the gameplay. It sucks but that's how most MMOs are.

so why introduce it in the first place?
that entire idea about blood elves having diplomatic relations with the alliance is dumb as fuck.

I stopped caring about Warcraft lore. It's not fun to play a game where your faction gets screwed over because Blizz has a Horde Bias.

Not having a Troll Master-race girl.

hoo boy, you are going to love what they did to illidan then. A naaru kidnaps you and berates you for killing illidan in TBC.

As part of the artifact intro? Sounds good to me. DKs always felt a little redundant outside of WotLK fluffwise.

there's a thread on Veeky Forums for avatarfags bud

yeah, Cata was just an awful trainwreck
>sylvanas blighting and using the plague in the backyard of the AC and the EB

>so why introduce it in the first place?
>that entire idea about blood elves having diplomatic relations with the alliance is dumb as fuck.

You've already answered your own question.

I honestly forgot about that blurb.
It just made an awesome alliance moment taste bitter.

I don't think blood elves having diplomatic relations with the Alliance in itself is dumb; they used to be members of the Alliance and they joined the Horde entirely as allies of convenience (most of the are near Silvermoon is either in the hands of the Scourge or the Horde, and the whole Garithos incident soured their relations with the humans, so allying with the Horde for mutual defence made sense), so some among them maintaining ties to their former allies and hoping to reconsile between the two factions, or switch sides if the situation would favor it, doesn't seem unlikely. Blizz consantly coming up with contrived reasons for Horde and Alliance to be at each others' throats while also fighting againt a more dangerous common enemy is much dumber.

I do agree that it's stupid that they introduce storylines or plot points they surely must know they can't give a satisfactory ending to. Siege of Orgrimmar is even worse example: they want to maintain a status quo between the two factions as roughly equal powers (which is probably why Alliance has suffered so many losses: back in vanilla lore Alliance had an absolutely massive advantage over Horde both population- and military-wise), so you know from the start that it can't end with anything more severe than the Alliance giving the Horde a stern talking to and everybody going back to fighting each other the next week as if nothing happened.
Which begs the question why they choose to do the stroyline in the first place. Surely, if you can't tell the story in a satisfactory manner due to game mechanics getting in the way, common sense would dictate that you just don't do that storyline?

Blizzard made it worse by promising Alliance a good story for MoP, instead of the turgid lobotomized mess they gave us.

> All those big name NPC's as followers.
>fun follower quests and class hall

>YFW you play a Warrior have have to put up with no-name one dimensional Vrykul
>You're not the real class leader, Oydn is.
>they honestly expect you to be happy with Not! Valhalla, and that's it.

Fucking sucks to be a warrior this expansion.

>warriors don't get a secret base under fray island that is being run by mechanognomes

That gif is golden.

And Warriors are at least getting some snazzy new animations. It could always be worse user, you could be sitting in the sewers of Dalaran for some reason.

>A Vrykul Warrior girl
Big Veeky Forums warrior bitches forever.

>I don't think blood elves having diplomatic relations with the Alliance in itself is dumb; they used to be members of the Alliance and they joined the Horde entirely as allies of convenience (most of the are near Silvermoon is either in the hands of the Scourge or the Horde, and the whole Garithos incident soured their relations with the humans, so allying with the Horde for mutual defence made sense), so some among them maintaining ties to their former allies and hoping to reconsile between the two factions, or switch sides if the situation would favor it, doesn't seem unlikely. Blizz consantly coming up with contrived reasons for Horde and Alliance to be at each others' throats while also fighting againt a more dangerous common enemy is much dumber.
blizzard introduced it to the alliance in an offhand way that just made the biggest political shift in the status quo pointless.
>jaina does her coup and the alliance gets an iconic alliance city back
>turns out they would get it back either way because the belves wanted out but jaina ruined everything.

The snazzy animations are the only reason I'm considering playing my warrior. None of the class hall 'lore' makes sense as a Night Elf warrior though.

I will give you the Sewers thing. although you got us beat by a mile on NPCs and your class 'lore' is a bit easier to deal with.

>alliance is literally human stuff.
why?

No idea. Blizzard tends to write all the quests from a Stormwindian Human's perspective I've noticed. Much of the Horde quests are much more ambiguous.

The Aliiance is also protrayed as a Human-dominated empire with non-human member states. None of the diversity in NPC's or lore like the Horde is often written. All the NPCs in the Profession buildings in the Alliance Garrison are Humans. The Horde is more of an alliance than the alliance.

>Chronic stupidity led the Alliance to create a good third of their own enemies, particularly turning the High Elves into Blood Elves

Does it never end?

Not until Blizzard stops jerking off the Horde.

>"dk world police"

A fresh meme ruined by their failure at Light's Hope.
Thanks Bliz.

This stuff sounds hilarious as fuck but what's the story behind this 'DK world police'? Somebody explain this shit to me.

any particular quests you noticed?
no. its mr bones' wild ride.
>tfw some old fart who died lectures you
>its not even uther.

>Faction war was a mistake
I'm fine with faction war, but I'm also fine with cooperation. I just wish Blizzard would make up their fucking mind instead of flip-flopping every expansion or two.

>Vanilla WoW
Loose cooperation with some border skirmishes

>Burning Crusade
More coordinated cooperation with some skirmishes

>Wrath of the Lich King
Uh... divisive?

>Cataclysm
Open war

>Mists of Pandaria
Open war

>Warlords of Draenor
Close cooperation with fighting over Ashran for no explained reason.

>Legion
Heavy implications of yet another war based on political friction with Genn somehow having the rights to High King and Sylvanas magically becoming Warchief despite everyone in the Horde hating her.

Either have them at war or don't. Stop pussyfooting around. Jaysus.

>>YFW you play a Warrior have have to put up with no-name one dimensional Vrykul

Warriors get Thorim and shit.
Warriors have good followers.

>Ashran for no explained reason.

The Alliance are looking for a powerful artefact to use against the Iron Horde. Horde attack them because they don't want the Alliance to get a powerful artefact.

As someone that predominantly plays a human, that irritates the hell out of me. The Alliance consists of nations that include a 10,000-year-old empire of guerilla warriors and druids that can command entire forests to do their bidding, an industrial powerhouse, and a race of borderline demigods, and yet the humans are the only ones that get a focus.

I mean, Warcraft humans have shown to be pretty awesome because they've been able to stand-up to crazy odds due to their ability to adapt, produce some of the most powerful mages in history, and whatnot, but it's still a little silly. I find it a little poor to claim that the reason why the night elves or draenei don't take charge is because they don't really care much. At least the dwarves have the excuse of having a bunch of political infighting to prevent themselves from getting too involved (Moira for High Queen of the Alliance, just putting that out there).

But pushing lore aside, it's just boring that the Alliance is humans this, humans that, with the other races delegated to sidekicks. At least Warlords of Draenor gave the draenei a focus. Wish the night elves would get the same.

>Thorim

Was only relevant in Storm peaks and Ulduar. He's non-existent outside of that raid tier, much less outside of Wrath. Not everyone puts Wrath on a pedestal and worship it.

>Warriors have good followers.

There are a total of 12 unique named NPCs in the Warrior Class Hall, not including personal champions. The Paladin Class Hall contains 48. Other halls have similar numbers.

That's silly. But at least it's an explanation, I guess.

>gave draenei a focus
>half their towns are destroyed or burning
>can't visit karabor

all those years of waiting, of roaming the blasted remnants of outland and wondering what the space goats were like at their height, and then the doors are closed.

>Was only relevant in Storm peaks and Ulduar.

Which is more relevant than most followers.
You don't have to like Wrath, but you do have to recognise you that you have Thor as your manservant.
That's way cooler than any number of shitty rogues or mages.

>Draenor
>Height
>Not Argus

I was pretty buttmad about Karabor not being the Alliance capital. What a damned waste.

I squealed like a school girl when Akama picked up some scythes as a weapon, though. WoD was mostly a waste, but I at least got a kick out of seeing that.

So one relevant follower. While other classes have literally dozens.

There's at least King Ymiron and Hodir too.
Warriors have above average followers.