/swg/ Rated Rrrrrr!

Post about X-Wing, Armada, FFG's Star Wars RPGs, d6, d20 (Saga), movies, shows, books, comics, vidya, lego, lore and everything else Star Wars related

Previous Thread: →

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault and the Star Wars LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZkpXpbJ1

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T

Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

bloomilk.com/Custom/24107/predator-hunter
bloomilk.com/Custom/24108/predator-warrior
bloomilk.com/Custom/24109/predator-hunt-master
bloomilk.com/Custom/24110/predator-elder
bloomilk.com/Custom/24042/predator--jungle-hunter
youtube.com/watch?v=Ww0k-80n-zI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

best fighter coming through

MORTAL KOMBAT

It literally got announced four days ago. So no, not a single person has it outside FFG.

Personally, I could go for some more X-Wing previews:

>What does Tailgunner do?
>How about Snaps and Jesse?
>Where we right about Finn and that one Tech card from the TIE-SF?
>What's the new Starviper going to look like?

Which new edition of F&D has those interesting new Force locations?

Nexus of Power

cool

Imperial Veterans is great

TIE Defender: · Colonel Vessery (35)
Veteran Instincts (1)
TIE/x7 (-2)
TIE/fo Fighter: · "Omega Leader" (21)
Juke (2)
Comm Relay (3)
TIE/fo Fighter: · "Zeta Leader" (20)
Wired (1)
TIE Bomber: Scimitar Squadron Pilot (16)
TIE Shuttle (0)
· Darth Vader (3)
-- TOTAL ------- 100/100p. --

I've been enjoying this little squad immensely. Doomshuttle Jr is such a great buy.

Asking for advice on d20 Saga
What are some of the pitfalls to balancing a game. E.g. dead picks, op picks.
What era do you recommend
Can a mix of Jedi and NonJedi work as a group
Are some races better than others
Whats a cool idea youve used that worked well

I'm pretty new to TTRPGs in general and looking to start off with a Star Wars game. Which RPG is the best and why?

>Doomshuttle Jr is such a great buy

I wondering about that build, but I wasn't sure given how you can only use it 3 times max.

Seconded. The Interceptor is sexy. And I love running them in X Wing. Unf.

Gonna be starting a new EotE campaign soon, first time as a player.

Since I'm basically the most knowledgeable about SW in the group, I thought it might be fun to play a very knowledgeable and educated character.

So far I'm thinking I'd play a Cerean, maybe force sensitive, maybe Mystic?

Any suggestions or tips?

>ywn be part of a TIE Interceptor flight heading somewhere for RnR.
>Pretending to be lead so no one knows the Admiral's favorite kind of Twi'lek is Blue.
>Or looks blue through the glitterstim haze anyway.

Just blow my Death Star up

Is there a reference I'm not getting here, or...?

Watch pic related to get in character.

Not really, it started with the Drake Squadron cover story from Solo Command. But then my imagination went places.

Scum and Villainy asker from previous thread.

Like I mentioned, I am considering starting to collect S&V for X Wing, and want some advice on what to pick up as a "base" so to say. I've been eyeing the Interceptor, StarViper and possibly picking up the Most Wanted pack since I already have the Firespray. Or should I pick up some Z-95's instead of the Interceptors? As I understand it, the StarViper is on the same level or equivilent of a Tie Interceptor for S&V, though this perhaps isn't true.

Always try to carry a healthy supply of explosives, a burner commlink, and false IDs.

Don't get into a starfighter if you're playing RAW. Starfighter combat is incredibly lethal without homebrew.

Trustworthy contacts are worth their weight in gold. A good info broker, fixer, fence, and black market dealer are always nice to have.

Stormtroopers are pretty damn lethal in groups, especially if the GM plays them smart and uses combined-arms tactics. Exercise extreme caution around them.

You probably already know this, but still: lightsabers and visually distinct Force powers should be used only as an "Oh shit" button in the Rebellion era.

And as always, watch your back, shoot straight, conserve ammunition, and never, ever make a deal with a Hutt.

Addendum: The Most Wanted pack seems like a must have, all in all.

Thanks for the general tips, but I was more looking for character advice, like what would be a good career, specialization, etc for a character like this?

I had a player interested in making a Cerean doctor from the Core Worlds who was coerced into letting a prominent Rebel sympathizer die on his operating table by an ISB agent and then hung out to dry after the deed was done. Disgraced and desperate to hide from several groups (Rebels, Medical Union, and an ISB agent looking to tie off loose ends) he made his way to the outer rim.

I talked the player down from the idea when he started talking about installing freezer units on the ship and selling body parts on the black market, but the base concept's a good one.

If Force-y maybe a Consular/Sage? Presence and Intel characteristics

Colonist Scholar works if you want to be a pure bookworm using just EotE's core classes. FaD's Force-sensitive bookworm is the Consular Sage, IIRC.

I've only used it twice at most, but for the points it's a big threat and at 6hp it can't be one shotted and can be really annoying to put down of its green dice hold up. And who wouldn't give up 19 points to finish off soontir or some other ahole?

None of the Star Wars RPGs are bad. In fact, they're all quite competent, if a bit obtuse at times.

Personally, I like the FFG games. Read the rules chapter and see if you like it.

Most Wanted is nice. Good bunch of upgrades and ships. Definitely pick up a HWK, too, as they're all fantastic.

Starviper is closer to a defender, maybe an interceptor/B-Wing mashup. It's not a dodger, more of a bruiser. They are a tad overpriced, but the named pilots are good.

Scyks are hot garbage. Fun to mess around with, but easily the worst ship in the faction and the game.

I would highly recommend the YV, jumpmaster, and G1-A. The YV is a tanky beast with lots of good builds, the jumpmaster can be damn near anything, and the G1 is a bit of a bruiser with a ton of great upgrades.

What's the opinion on the Kihraxz? It looks pretty beefy, and Talonbane looks like he could hurt a lot.

The Starviper is more like the TIE Defender (pre-patch). I love the Starviper, but it's not a ship you'll use very often.

You need Most Wanted if only for the Agromechs and Crew that come with it.

The other guy's recommendations were good.

Not him, but it's basically a Scum X-Wing.
Also, I hold out hope they release a Vaksai title for it at some point, because the Vaksai was my shit in Galaxies.

Shall do, cheers!

Is there anything official or semi-official on why FFG completely ignores the imperial assault gunboat?

Alright, so the list I've been running recently is two glaive Squadron Pilots with the Tie/D title and ion cannons with Predator as their Elite pilot Talent. I've also been teaming them up with a bomber shuttle that has the mark 2 engine and Fleet officer. This has been amazingly lethal, but I'm wondering if it is worth it to drop one of the glaive Squadron Pilots to the countess. It's the same points cost, just pilot skill 5 instead of 6. I lose that extra pilot skill that I love on the glaive Squadron pilot, but gain more unpredictability in my k-turn alignments. Thoughts?

It's probably because the upgrades on the gunboat would basically be exactly the same as what's on the Punisher. Maybe losing the bomb slots, but really just gaining a small amount of health and a large base.

Just take a shuttle with a heavy Laser cannon, and stick Red Line directly behind its base. Perform the same maneuvers on your dials, and there you go. One gun boat.

1) Well....its not a TIE, so visually it clashes with everything Sienar (except the Shuttle, which it does resemble, but babby casuls won't catch on easily)

2) Its basically an Imperial Y-Wing with no turret, which is useful, but how do you jazz it up to not be another bomb truck?

3) Technically non-canon anymore/for the moment, which, depending on how tightly Disney wants them to adhere to NuCanon is a stumbling block (unless it gets recanonized in a novel or Rebels or, hell, I'll even take a mobile game)

On the bright side, FFG gave it stats in EOtE.

Now what's criminally ignored is the Missile Boat...

It's basically an X-Wing without the options, pilots, and fix cards that make the X-Wing good. Talonbane has his uses as a "trade for your ace" guy or at least drawing fire. Not essential, but useful in the right circumstances. I get good mileage out of 2 Black Sun Aces w/glitterstim and crack shot running with Latts Razzi. Subtle as a brick to the face, but it works.

I think Countess is better than the Glaive. Dropping from 6 to 5 is largely irrelevant. You're still under Dash and aces but still over most generics. The extra stuff she can do more than makes up the difference.

That was my thinking as well, but I always have played with symmetrical lists of equal skill when in squadrons. Helps maneuvering options as well as my OCD is calmed.

>muffled techno music in the distance

Please tell me Johnny Cage/Han Solo and Lui K'Skywalker are a thing.

GM started the campaign with everyone indebted to a Hutt crime lord what do

Be a good lad and do as he says to stay on his good side.

give him a twilek on a length of chain and call it even

I find Glaives are at a nice spot, for PS 6 and 34pts. Countess is a beast, but she's a specific beast who doesn't benefit at all from Veteran Instincts (like Guri). Glaives do, and are a better fit for something like an x7 build with Predator. You want Countess to have stuff like Juke, Outmanuever, or PtL and MkII or Engine Upgrade.

Well, you're half right

Luke Kang...

Han Zero...

Leia Blade...

I really personally don't like these last three, Princess Kitana would have been better for Leia with the Princess connection and the gold bikini at the very least, and Han and Luke pieces are just Han and Luke with the MK clothing and no real changes to the character models

This next one is good though

And Darth Kabal.

MAGNIFICENT

Aw, come on, it's nowhere near THAT bad.

I legit like it. Mortal Kombat works best when it embraces its own ridiculousness, and I'm a sucker for retarded lightsaber designs.

Darth Kabal could actually be a real thing design wise.

Yeah, I'm genuinely suprised they didn't go for Princess Leitana or something for Leia.

Boba Fett should probably be Scorpion, because a Boba Fett who can breath fire is all the universe needs.

Get on my level, padawannabe.

>Hook sabers
Beautiful.

Is that a gunblade saber?

I unironically think this is fucking great, best of the set

>Buster Saber

YES

>I'm a sucker for retarded lightsaber designs.

Let's talk retarded

Kihraxz is like a correctly-priced X-Wing, that replaces it's astro slot with illicit. Torp and missiles are an even exchange.

Otherwise it has a pretty good dial, trading the X-Wing's hard 3-turns for 1-turns, and having both 1 and 2-banks as green.

Gameplay, it's a bit lacking and could use a bit of love. I'm hoping the Vectored Thrusters card in the Arc-170 helps it (and the X-Wing) regain some utility. The Kihraxz has a serious dud pilot in the form of Ghaz the Hunter. He's absolute rubbish, on par with lower-end Tie Interceptor pilots. His lack of EPT is what kills him, and his ability is only sub-par and doesn't make up for it. Talonbane is solid, and benefits from several different builds. I've had luck with engine upgrade, VI, and glitter, but he becomes a 35pt hail-mary. By far the best so far has been Cloak Device, Stygium, and an EPT like Predator, Adaptability (for low cost), etc. It helps him get into that sweet R1, makes him unpredictable, and he feels like a scummy Phantom.

Cartel Marauders are a decent 20pt filler ship. And Black Sun Aces are pretty good EPT carriers.

>Technically non-canon anymore/for the moment, which, depending on how tightly Disney wants them to adhere to NuCanon is a stumbling block

Aren't most of the ships currently available on TT not canon any more?

HWK-290s, Z-95 Headhunters, YT-2400s and TIE Defenders are back in canon and it wouldn't surprise me if more of them slipped back in. Disney/Lucasfilm owns the copyrights for them, so why not make money off them?

The going concern is with the increase in NuCanon movies, shows, books and games, that there's going to be increased pressure to "synergize" with the new products for cross-promotional purposes.

That said, FFG invented the Raider Corvette out of thin air, so who knows what's possible?

>The going concern is with the increase in NuCanon movies, shows, books and games, that there's going to be increased pressure to "synergize" with the new products for cross-promotional purposes.

Plsno. I don't want a rerun of all tie fighter models with a black paint job and slightly buffed stats.

I failed to convince my group to go with Edge of the Empire rather than Star Wars Saga. Consequently, I'll need some help making a gunslinger-type character in Saga. Any suggestions?

I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if the people at LFL/Disney working with FFG are like, leaning in and saying "hey some of our stuff is pretty hot right now, it'd be good if you could work in the new stuff", but that's as much marketing for FFG as for Disney. Since X-Wing is a competitive, trying to be balanced game which seems, y'know, moderately popular, I assume FFG is still limiting to doing stuff they find interesting or compelling with the game. You can do some real good stuff Ghost, and I saw video of several high finishing lists in Hoth Open using the Inquisitor. Most people seem to agree the latest wave has some interesting and probably useful ships in it.

The question is going to be if NuCanon continues to produce interesting ships or recanonizes interesting ships, and if they don't if FFG will go back to the well of old Flight sims or SWG.

>metal crossguard

Looking at Strongholds of the empire, Tierfon base, the samply (small) starfighter base, it only has eight starfighters, of a mix of x-wings and y-wings. Is that enough to succesfully attack a supply convoy? Seems on the lower end to me.

But why does the blade curve?

Scoundrel 1, then dump everything else into force-user class/es.

Remember that Use the Force is your primary, secondary and tertiary skill for everything. Grab any and all feats that replaces other skills with Use the Force.

It's on the low end, but its enough to attack lightly defended transports. Most of them are slow, have little to no weaponry, and poor shielding. They also aren't going to die to ship blaster packs, so showing up with a squad of ships saying you'll blow the shit out of them is sufficient.

Right. And what about if I want to remain friends with the DM, or have a character who is not a Force User?

>what about if I want to remain friends with the DM...
make sure either everyone is a force-user or no one is.

>or have a character who is not a Force User?
either A) be completely outperformed by the one guy who inevitably goes full force-user, or B) take another shot at convincing your group to play FFG or D6

Superior japanese lightsaber crystals folded over a thousand times.

I've had some success with Ion-scyks, but I have relatively little experience, all of it casual.

Upcoming Age of Rebellion adventure has the PC's on a mission to rescue rebel POW's from an imperial camp..but soon after the PCs realize they are being hunted by THE PREDATOR!!

>>pic incredibly related

Speaking of Preadtors in Star Wars, have some stats for yautja I made up for the Star Wars Miniatures game.

bloomilk.com/Custom/24107/predator-hunter

bloomilk.com/Custom/24108/predator-warrior

bloomilk.com/Custom/24109/predator-hunt-master

bloomilk.com/Custom/24110/predator-elder

bloomilk.com/Custom/24042/predator--jungle-hunter

I would specifically build a Chistori heavy machine gunner, just to have a goddamn sexual tyrannosaurus in that game.

Alright, how about a more specific question; what is the quickest/most efficient way into the Gunslinger Prestige?

>finally picked up binder pages for x-wing cards
>now every last upgrade is sorted.

God this feels good

Metal crossguards are perfectly acceptable if you use cortosis, phrik, or some other saber-resistant metal. They're certainly less dangerous to the user than Kylo Ren's lightsaber crossguard.

What are some movies and shows that could be good inspiration for an EotE campaign?

>inb4 Star Wars

I dunno about it being a good inspiration, and I certainly don't agree with it being good, but I'd love to see you try to do a campaign inspired by Turkish Star Wars.

I'd almost pay money to see it.

Though I'm not entirely sure how you'd replicate the caster gun.

Any Kurosawa movie
Fistful of Dollars trilogy
Cowboy Bebop
Firefly
Gunsmith Cats
Outlaw Star
Heat
Reservoir Dogs
Space Dandy
Hard Boiled
Red Dwarf
Planetes
Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas

Breaking Bad.
Ya know, I would actually want to play a game of being a bunch of low-level schmucks starting off as street hustlers and rising to power and prominence Scarface style.

Just going from what I've watched today, Midnight Run (for a smaller campaign), obviously firefly, The Wild Geese, The Dogs Of War, maybe some plots from CI-5
I've also got a list of westerns as long as your leg that'd be good inspiration

>And what about if I want to remain friends with the DM

If he gets pissy, remind him that he voted for Saga. If he wants to play a decent, balanced game, he can fucking pick the decent, balanced system.

But how do you do mechanics for a training montage?

youtube.com/watch?v=Ww0k-80n-zI

Try some humphrey bogart film

Personally, I'm more of a fan of Murder, My Sweet.

I've done that in the old 40K Black Crusade
Funny thing was the damn characters where plagued with bad luck, either half the product would end up in the crew or they'd set part of the ship on fire with an exploding drug lab... then successfully blame it on the crew so they didn't get in trouble with the chaos captain. Whole enterprise sort of lurched from hilarious shenanigans to abject failure every session.

Those are the best sorts of moments

Yeah, this unaligned tech priestess who used to make paint for the Imperium (well someone had to) that got into trouble with the ad-mech, running around with all this chemistry knowledge that got put to no good use and teamed up with a Slaanesh cultist charlatan.
Neither could roll their way out of bed to make/sell or ever break even, but somehow always managed to pull it back from the brink when they where cornered and truly fucked.

Rest of the group was sort of derp-fight types, but those two where memorable

Porco Rosso

Disappointed Baraka isn't a Barabel.

Do the ISB and Imperial Intelligence still hate each other with a passion in Nucanon?

Take the party to the gym and award bonuses based on calories burned/weight lost/muscle gains?

I want to play Force and Destiny, but I have no idea how to play, and I don't know where to go to play it.

When I say I have no idea how to play, I mean I've never played a tabletop RPG. My only experience with diceroll games is Kotor 1/2, and even then I don't think that counts because I played those when I was 8.