WE

WE

ARE

THE CRYSTAL GEMS

I'm the only one that always gets annoyed how inconsistent is wizards with skin colors? and how non-inventive they've lately? Humans in every set? nigga please

AND

I vaguely recall someone elses post with a source from wizards saying this was intentional

Humanoids are relateable so all future planeswalkers will be at least humanoid and preferably human(and under that logic one would assume future sets will be the same.)

WUZ

WE'LL

ALWAYS

Bitch stole all of Sorin's melanin.

SAVE THE DAY

AND IF YOU THINK WE CAN'T

YOU'RE A FAG.

WE'LL TURN YOUR ASS GAY

Yes! Triggered!

Yeah I know, still annoys me.

Like, get weird with it man, you have all possibilities ever. Not always, but once in a while it'd be nice to have a not-even humanoid plane.

>yfw she's stealing all vampires melanin with her evil vamp powers

say whatever you want, he's got siegward of catarina on his side

>Humanoids are relateable
I keep seeing this shit popping out in the most varied of circumstances and still I can't wrap my head around it: is it a matter of people actually being incapable of empathy or just the company believing so?

The company believing so, more or less. It's a true statement that humans are more prone to, and easier to force it on for, creatures more alike themselves, but it's a raw fucking lie to presume that humans can't and won't develop empathy for non-humanoids if you make them likeable or visually appealing.

I mean, for fuck's sake, look at pets. Especially dogs and cats, people love the fuzzy goofballs, and while they are mammals and thus fairly close to us, they're not humanoid. Yet people gush over them and invest tons of empathy in their pets. Hell, you even have people with pet snakes and spiders and such that they love. The real world spits in the face of the idea that something needs to be humanoid for people to relate to it.

KANGZ

In one hand I get it.
In the other one, I really, really want a full on weird plane.

>muh diversity

I'm a world where all races are equally represented and there's no segregation based on ethnicity or skin color everyone would be some hue of brown.

Doubtful, most people like to stick to their own

Wouldn't that depend on population numbers? Like if we're assuming Africa actually hits that 7 billion population mark they're projected for, and you then mixed up all the people's of Earth, everyone would just look like black people.

I just want a five color sliver planeswalker. Sliver Ascended.

I'm so tired of niggers right now.
They don't even play table top games. Why must they be made to suit their needs?

*sucks blood*

SO YOU BE SAYIN

Don't discount the Billions of Hindustanis and Chinamen.

Indians have various skin tones, but their largest population is of Dravidians, who are also dark skinned. So that wouldn't water that down any, and the Chinese are a measly 1 billion to the 7.

There is a study that says if you include diversity in card art players react better to other players from diverse backgrounds. (It's by George Kaufman if you're willing to go look).

What they really mean by the statement is humans are creatures more relateable to the mass audience.

I'm sure for example that there are people who really got behind the idea of (old) sliver themed decks and related to them in some way, but that's pretty hit or miss and doesn't apply to everyone. If they always put humans in and don't offer another option people will always find a human related character to relate to as they and the property share the property of being human. It's a mass appeal strategy they're using to reduce the amount of characters concepts they produce people might not be able to get behind. The same goes for all the waifupandering, there are people who want the cute girls in their deck and there are people who want hot guys but very few people want, say, a snake with a necrotic face. Which is why there are no necrotic snake planeswalkers.

For example with the Eldrazi decks there may be some people who get behind the idea of being the betentacled nightmare beasts but there's plenty who won't whereas everyone can get a little behind the scrappy townspeople art, even if the people who like the Eldrazi won't get behind them nearly as much as they would the Eldrazi.

>Relating to the horrible characters they've been writing lately
Not a chance.

/POL/TARDS REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP AND DISCUSS Veeky Forums SHIT NOW.

YOU BANNED SMUT, YOU OSTRACIZED QUESTS, JUST SO IDIOTS AND ASSHOLES COULD POST /POL/ SHIT AND /SJW/ CRAP EVERYWHERE? Veeky Forums IS NOW /POL/ LITE AND /SWJ/ HAVEN.

I'm sorry but you're not the mass appeal

The people who read the MtG lore are not who it's meant to appeal to, they already have you by the balls. It's the casuals who will look at the cards and go yeah I like hot angels, I'll buy the one with hot angels in it.

>They have you by the balls
Yet they don't.

Actual problem with the art. All the white vampires actually look pale as death, like blood isn't rushing to their face.

But the black one doesn't. Funny that the people who try and draw black people in everything don't know what they look like. She should be loosing color in her face too.

Except you clearly care about the game on some level, even if you're not an active player now or have left the hobby, you're more likely to go back or pick up a deck sometime down the line than someone who never invested themselves enough to draw any judgement on the state of the lore. That's enough for them, considering the storyline is basically just a roundabout way of advertising their releases.

Why is this art not on a rare Markov Ascendancy card?