EDH/Commander General

'Every Commander is my Commander' Edition
>RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface
magiccards.info

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/08-06-16-hFP-mimeoplasm/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/19-08-15-mimeo-edh/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/its-all-about-the-little-things-in-life/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/alesha-in-progress-2/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/23-06-16-BVv-omnath-edh/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Any secret Ayli tech?

I have the revilark/karmic guide/ashnods altar/blood artist combo, I was wonder if there was anything else I should include.

Just preordered a playset of Thalias.
Did i do well?

Phyrexian Dreadnought is wonderful, gaining 12 life off 2 mana is fantastic.

Nope. We play commander son, you only needed 1.

This is a singleton format.

Lackluster survey time

What was the most flavorful deck you've played or played against?

What type of flavor do you go for? Tribal? Art? Storytelling?

Maybe for Legacy/Vintage

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/08-06-16-hFP-mimeoplasm/

Can I get some feedback for this deck?

how do you plan on actually getting your fatties into the graveyard besides buried alive? I would run more draw + discard like careful study and thirst for knowledge, entomb is good too. Plus you probably want more reanimation spells, reanimate, life//death, dance of the dead, necromancy, exhume, etc.

I love goo girls. I fap to that shit all the time. That fucking abomination of a alt deserves to be burned in a pit of hellfire. Mimeoplasm was awesome without waifu bullshit. He has a fucking t-rex arm! You have awful taste, and I am far too triggered to look at your deck.

Calm Down

I'm trying to cutback on buying cards right now. I'll add entomb and the like to my backlog list

HEY why is no one talking about this EDHrec update? The site is spicy as fuck now.

>hey guys, I need help building a deck, can you take a look?
>oh wait, I don't want to buy anything, so I'll just ignore you and add those cards to a list
Plebbery at it's finest.

I play more than one deck with w as it's colors though
I also hope she goes up in price so i can trade with the copies I don't need.

Tribal and/or story.
Not too much of a vorthos player though.

>ask for help
>not going to get anything recommended

This hobby may not be for you

I said I'll buy them you dense faggot. I'm just cutting back on buying cards for the moment. Is reading comprehension this hard you?

Methinks this is not your native board. Perhaps you should go back there. Veeky Forums is a nice place full of nice people. You seem like a edgy defensive fag with awful taste, I don't know if you'll fit in.

>Get called out being stupid because you lack reading comprehension
>We're nice people
>leave this board

Goddamn if this post isn't full of contradictions. Are you upset because you have nobody to play commander with?

If you want to dump mad cards, include traumatize in your list. It throws all your eggs in one basket and can fuck you over hard, but damn if it doesn't get creatures into your graveyard.

>I'm trying to cutback on buying cards right now. I'll add entombed and the like to my backlog list
There isn't much not to comprehend. You said you're cutting back on buying cards, and going to slap the ones that kind user suggested for you on a list with a half-sentance dismissive answer. And now you're doing whatever you think you're doing now. It's just embarassing.

I haven't played EDH since just before DTK was released.

Have any of the new sets given Nekusar any new toys to wheel and deal, or any good tech cards for Grixis?

I should probably remake my deck, to be fair, but I'm just looking at what's new that would work with the deck.

Wow I'm so sorry. Did it hurt your feelings for me to seemingly disregard your recommendations? Grow a fucking backbone or better yet stop pretending to be retarded. We both know neither of us is being serious

Which of the Budget commanders should I look into making? I'm looking for a cheep deck that can still hold its own against other decks, so I'm fine going into powerful strategies out the gate.

Talrand, Sky Summoner (Counter magic and board suppression)
Geth, Lord of the Vault (Reanimator)
Wrexial, the Risen Deep (Dimir funstuff)
Zada, Hedron Grinder (Draw and Damage)
Rakdos, Lord of Riots (Damage into Dragons and Demons)
Korlash, Heir to Blackblade (Swamp themed)
Teferi, Temporal Archmage (Blue goodstuffs)

All of these are made under $200 but which of these would be too crazy for just casual play or which would be the most interesting for casual play?

You're so mad you're sarcastically apologizing. I'm just calling you inconsiderate and new.

Whatever makes you feel good, neckbeard roastie.

Since we are mimeoplasm posting, here is my list:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/19-08-15-mimeo-edh/

I have it tuned for a more competitive meta where the decks I see most often are daretti stax, maelstrom wanderer, karador, and U/B control. The idea of the deck is to win as early as possible with buried alive, hermit druid, or jin gitaxias. My next pickups for the deck are mana crypt and force of will, so besides those, I am constantly looking to improve this list and would appreciate any input.

>edgy defensive fag with awful taste
>won't fit in with all the other edgy defensive fags with awful taste on Veeky Forums

I don't understand why you asked for advice on your deck if you weren't planning on buying new cards in the first place. Why even post?

Id add torrent elemental, birthing pod, jarads orders, and if annoying from the new set, the asylum land. Also some hand removal

What are good hatebears in general for anafenza? I'll have to work on meta stuff as I play more with the deck.

You're both faggots but the faggot asking for advice is a mad faggot, and therefore the biggest faggot. Now that we have the official verdict, can we put this issue to rest?

Summer is the worst time of the year

sorry bud, torrent elemental is trash. There are much better things to reanimate

Deathrite Shaman isn't really a hatebear but somehow still manages to be the best hatebear. Other than that, I've found creatures that destroy artifacts/enchantments to be immensely useful in every situation (Reclamation Sage, Qasali Pridemage, etc.) And then there's Containment Priest that always seems to get mad value. And Mother of Runes is pretty good at protecting your stuff AND getting through because Anafenza quickly gets outclassed on the ground.

The Leonin Arbiter type guys are good but I haven't been impressed, someone's going to wrath the board eventually and all the tutors people have been sitting on will fly out at the same time.

No it's not, /edhg/ is awful year round. And there's no indication this thread will be any worse than average. We haven't even mentioned Sheldon, Sol Ring or Mana Crypt yet.

>trash
>taps defending players creatures ON attack
>can come back from being exiled by mimeo
Its prefect for mimeo, the Fuck are you smoking?

Expanding on this, the issue with Anafenza Hatebears in multiplayer commander is that your lock pieces WILL get caught in wraths. Many of them. So it's my experience that your best hatebears aren't really bears, they're things like Stony Silence or Rest in Peace which you'll want to tutor out pretty much all the time. The creatures are used to handle more immediate issues (Phyrexian Revoker for instance can give you a temporary answer to many things without having to use removal), but I've found myself having to run a lot of creatures that aren't hatebears but that can dish out big damage or get mad value, like Scute Mob, Abzan Falconer, Sun Titan, etc. And also obvious ones like Eternal Witness and Den Protector, and you don't need to point out the stupidity of running those in a deck that wants to frequently tutor out Rest in Peace, Anafenza needs to make a lot of compromises in multiplayer.

My mimeoplasm, for reference. Why have your deck full of fairs when you can use value and use their own creatures against them?

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/its-all-about-the-little-things-in-life/

but why not just get skithiryx + 6 power creature and kill someone? what is so great about tapping creatures? You can cast misthollow griffin from exile, but you don't see everyone jamming that into mimeoplasm

Long-time D&T player here. You kind of have to accept the fact that the hatebears aren't there to lock out the game: they're there to slow the game down while you set up powerful recursion engines and wincons.

Because skittles is too expensive / not available in lgs and online store? Just a cheaper alternative, I think

Thanks guys I'll have to think up more wincons for the deck, I got TnN and some other just good green and black cards from decks ive taken apart. I'll find a think up something more for win cons.

One of my favorite new tricks in 8.5 is Burnished Hart+Emeria Shepherd. It's pretty good at land ramping while simultaneously maintaining board presence.

Good wincons in Anafenza are any of the Saffi Eriksdotter combos. Most of the cards involved are cards you might consider in the deck either way so there isn't much opportunity cost (if any) in throwing a combo in there. You've got excellent tutors and recursion in Abzan to set that up.

What the fuck am I doing wrong
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/alesha-in-progress-2/

Does Nekusar's ability let's him deal damage as poison counters if I give him infect?

Yes, since he's inflicting damage

too little ramp, no card draw, a bunch of useless artifacts, very little interaction, no tutors

You are trying to do a bunch of different things and they all look lackluster. You should focus on one theme so that you can tune it to actually do something

yes, that's how he wins games

suture priest to prevent other people from being a colossal faggot like yourself, also infinite life

you need edgewalker if you don't have it already

It makes him a legitimate threat, annihilate and lifegain are also pretty funny too.

r8 my decklist /edh/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/23-06-16-BVv-omnath-edh/

Best commander for Jund good stuff? No combo/sacrifice crap, just cool fatties and a value engine

This is the saddest excuse of samefagging I have ever seen.

I've won lots of games without it so far

Wasn't sure anymore if it had to be combat damage or not. I usually don't use infect as a win con.

Yep, already got Whip of Erebos and Venser's Journal in my list of cards to buy for him.

I'm guessing you're one of the aforementioned faggots if you think that.

I'm sure, if you want to win fast though you give him infect.

Prossh without a doubt. He does pretty much everything you want in these colors and removing him just makes his dick harder. He's a huge value engine, a powerful combo piece and an evasive finisher all rolled into one bullshit package. Doesn't matter if you want to make a combo, infect or sacrifice jund deck, you go with Prossh (assuming you like sucking dicks, which you should if you post here).

>someone calls both posts faggots but especially puts emphasis on one of the posts that the other was bashing

Yeah naw its samefagging.

Got that. Thanks user.

Also have one of those guys. Some kind local player gifted me a giant box of uncommons and it was in there.

Yeah, nah, you're the one being a prick lad.

That is pure sex. Did you make it? Can I buy one from you? You have excellent taste.

I think it's hilarious. There have been at least 3 different people replying to the same chain of posts, and that one guy thinking everyone on the internet is the same person. Oh Veeky Forums, good times, good times.

Fuck OK
I'm assuming some of those useless artifacts are my shit equipment
What could I add besides Phyrena for card draw?

>3 different repliers
>at least one of them kept replying to the original faggot
>someone chimes in calling both faggots but especially the original faggot

Samefagging accusations may not be that far of, at first I thought I went to the modern thread cause everyone is acting like children

Not only faster.
I can win by turn 4 or 5 with a good hand, what I'm looking for with infect cards is consistency and an optional wincon because I noticed if someone plays Aura Shards I need to either remove it or him from the game and I don't have too much enchantment removal.
I also die too quickly but I already got cards for lifegain in mind.

Post cards that you like, but no one else seems to.

Pic related, it's surprisingly useful because it's an etb effect.

I like my Mimeoplasm alter

Its Gooreat

Sacing 3 myr for blightsteel has ever been so fun.

>tfw successfully mana tithed an enter the infinite last night

You're a cool guy user.

10/10

goowain approves of this and needs more

This seems way better than a lot of equipment people are willing to run.

It is no Sword of X and Y, but still.

Are you being real? Yeah, I painted that. I could easily Commission one for you if you're intersted! Go to my tumblr, at tannersmodifiedmagiccardsblog.tumblr.com to see my other work. I'll do it for twenty bucks.

Message me there, and we can go over details

Can I ask why Painter's Servant is banned in Commander?

Proof

Iona.

I had assumed it was Teysa, but that seems dumb now. Maybe the usual Grindstone thing?

Painter Grindstone is a completely colorless combo that requires only 6 mana and can be split up.

Oh, I see.
I thought it had to do with players not being able to play cards if Painter Servant chooses a color that isn't in their commander's color identity.

Yup I'm being real. Two problems, I only have canadian dollerydoos, and I don't have a paypal account. If there was an alternate way I could acquire one, I'd happily pay $20 for it, but it might be more trouble than it's worth.

That being said, I will be in new york city next week, I don't know if that has anything to do with anything, but it's some information.

I'll tell you what, get in touch with me over tumblr, or you can add me on Skype or Facebook w/e. Mimeo is like 7 bucks, right?
Maybe I'll just get another, paint it for you, and ship it out no charge.

And if I mess up, I'll just keep it and ship the pictured one to you :)

Also, I'm going to alter this legendary right now, anyone want me to post the end result or updates?

It's banned because the rules committee fears that every deck would run Painter's Servant + Iona / Grindstone if it wasn't, the former being too unfun and the latter too oppressive (and colorless). Yes, the rules committee is a bit dumb.

I mean, there's legitimately no reason not to run a two card combo that is entirely colorless and is on incredibly cheap cards in every deck.

They could ban Grindstone, I guess. But Painter's does have other abusive junk associated with it.

There are tons of reasons. Namely that the two cards don't synergize with the rest of your deck. What the fuck is a Grindstone worth as a draw when you don't have the Painter's Servant? What the fuck is either card doing for you after you wasted a tutor assembling the combo only to have one of the pieces removed in response?

Only awful players would even think to throw Painter's Servant / Grindstone in all their decks. It would still only go in combo decks that have more synergies with either/both card.

Two card combos are fragile, but that's true of any. Most combos fold to instant speed removal, but that's only a problem if a lot of resources were invested.

Which is not the point of the post you're responding to. The point is that Painter's Servant and Grindstone, in most decks, are bad cards. They're only good when put together, and even then, they're rarely going to win you the game in multiplayer. You're sacrificing two deckslots for that, when you could be running good cards instead.

The combo would be used in some decks but not all of them as some idiots (see: the RC) seem to think, most properly built decks would have no desire at all to throw this combo in.

"Most properly built decks", huh? So, what decks are these? Zur? Scion Hermit Druid?

I'll be completely frank here, I play garbage decks. But I've seen competitive lists and decks and I genuinely think they can afford two deckslots to such a cheap, colorless two-card combo.

People underestimate the value of just good stuff. Synergy is fun and all and is a big part of the spirit of the format, but I have a hard time believing that it is a necessary component of highly tuned lists.

But hey, I'm an idiot apparently, so what do I know.

Garbage decks shouldn't want this combo either. Are you really going to dilute something like Aurelia even further by throwing in two cards that do next to nothing outside of their exclusive relationship? Deck slots aren't free.

Oh I love this guy.

>opponent has a meticulously established field full of artifacts, enchantments, and creatures
>drop this sultry bastard
>then give everything -2/-2 in any number of ways

Ixidron a best. Never played him in EDH, only in casual, but I assume it would be pretty hilarious to completely unfuck the boardstate. I like the plain cleanliness of vanilla 2/2s everywhere, it's so soothing.

I one time locked a Thalia player entirely out of the game by Ixidronning her while the other players countered all of his boardwipes to protect their own stuff. That guy never played that deck again after that.

>Thalia

Kaalia*

Secret pro edh strategy incoming:
>opponent has their commander on the feild
>drop ixidron
>slap an aura onto their commander preventing them from doing anything with it
>lap up their salty tears while they have to waste both mana and removal on their own commander in order to get him back
My judge friend fucked my Maelstrom hard that way.

I would have been pretty salty about that, but Kaalia is an aggro magnet, he had to have been expecting that at some point. Same reason I don't play Xenagos anymore.

Finished!

I like the cut of your jib.

Do you actually run massacre wurm? I find him almost impossible to cast in a non-monoblack deck.