White Scars

So, I've been wanting to learn more about the White Scars, but I can't find much reading material on them. I know about Scars, but is there anything else out there that's obtainable? Short story, novel, or otherwise.

Index astartes was a white dwarf feature that focused on the history and background of a different chapter each month during the 90's (iirc?) - they were collected into books which you could buy through black library too (not sure if theyre still in print)
Someone will have a scan of the whitescars section somewhere.

The prequel and sequels to Scars. Brothers of the Storm, Brotherhood of the Moon, and Path of Heaven.

They are probably the least popular loyalist space marines. There's not much on them.

They are space mongolians. That's about it. AND THAT'S AWESOME.

They used to be native Americans once upon a time.

That is also awesome.

i thought that was the dark angels, i know in the old Deathwing book they were all native american terminators

Really? Ive been playing them for years and I always seem to run into other people playing them too.

I'd have put them in top 5 behind the Big 3 and templars.

that's iron hands

>Iron Hands are so unpopular I couldn't even remember them when thinking about who the least popular is

I think it's more that GW seems to forget the exist more than the players. Hell, the Raven Guard have been given more focus as of late than the White Scars.

What happened to those new White Scar models last year with the pigtails and buckteeth? Don't think I've seen a painted one yet.

Bigger picture.

The WS will probably start getting more love as the HH series (both FW and BL) nears the Siege of Terra.

I mean, even in fluff, the WS were pretty much non-existent in the early Heresy (having fucked off to the ends of the galaxy), and largely irrelevant in the mid-Heresy (oh shit gotta get home fast).

One of my favorite legions, think if I were a marine I would have wanted to end up there.

>You rike fast?

Sorry, don't have anything to add beyond what you can get from Lexicanum. I'll just post any pics I have White Scars cos why not...

The Great Khan er...inspiring his troops...

That's fucking team work!

I'm Duncan Banatyne an' I'm oot!

Whatever happened to field police?

just never expanded on, like many things in RT

Fuck me... what a fucked up picture.
>Every cunt there has a melta or plasma gun.
>The fucking bikes have forward mounted meltas.
>That razorback on the left has some kind of super multi directional mega melta.
>That plane? What is it? A T-hawk? A raptor? Some thing else?
>Those other odd tanks on the left. They look like land speeders speeding a long the ground. And there are actual land speeders above them!
>Ravenguard assault marine with the tactical squad arrow on his pauldron.

Like holy shit. This picture is just one giant fuck up. Who's the knob head of an "artist" who drew it?

Yup, just fell by the wayside same as the rank of Lieutenant. Though they at least explained that away by saying 'Lieutenant' was a Legion rank that doesn't get much use these days. The Space Marines were a lot more plain military in the RT days. I would imagine that Priestly et al merely replaced the Field Police with Chaplains.

Clint Langley I think.

It's why GW stopped using outside artists for their artwork and left everything to inhouse guys like John Blanche, Mark Gibbons etc. It was GW's way of removing inconsistancies in the artwork Kind of a shame though 'cos they used to have some amazing artists like Jim Burns doing stuff!

Oddly enough White Scars and Iron Hands are the two 1st Founding chapters that are the most ignored by GW, but have fucking amazing rules on the table top. They are easily the two most competitive chapter tactics and their Decurions are strong as fuck.

FW is giving the Iron Hands a lot of love in Horus Heresy and is fleshing out the origins of at least one of their successor chapters (Red Talons), so maybe White Scars will get the same?

The Khan doesn't want to be well known, he sees it as his legions greatest weapon. There's a lot that you can't plan for when facing an unknown enemy

>There's a lot that you can't plan for when facing an unknown enemy
Thats pretty useless considering his all his plans boils down to "charge the enemy in number while throat singing."

>all his plans boils down to"charge the enemy in number while throat singing."
That's a pretty good plan...

And as much as it hurts his brother primarchs to admit it. It was.

Twisted the nipples of Corax, and Girlyman to no end. The rest respected the dedication.

>yellow helmet
>slanted visor
>topknot
>ww2 propaganda grin

They knew exactly what they were doing.

Gulliman actually respected Khan's skills and considered him as a possible entry for the "Dauntless Few" if Jaghatai actually considered telling people what he was gonna do