Horus Heresy General /hhg/

Cutting It Short Edition
ePub Sub-Edition
In the last thread talk on what Iron Havocs should be was made, Anons talked about what they were working on and complained about the ePub of the new book, this template is going to be overcrowded soon, and I have to cut this short due to bad internet Red Book Links:
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww2.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fs15Jqk1t%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23!Jx1UGCTI!vMJN89z7p8tiEC7YOAj477g6RxDtJ7culVLF3q3godg
HH Book 6 - Retribution PDF:
mediafire.com/download/8aqx9j3a8erqv8d/The_Horus_Heresy_Book_6_-_Retribution.pdf or
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fkat.cr%2Fthe-horus-heresy-book-6-retribution-pdf-t12199249.html
HHG FAQ - pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016) - forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
Other official downloads: forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads#horusheresy
HH Rules:
Crusade Army List: mediafire.com/download/1lprm5vd99yafa3/
Mechanicum Taghmata Army List: mega.nz/#!LFwTjQ7B!mF0eVOY8P1MPT0a-QSXypXo_ZfskhYynD41PrkaTbD8
30k/40k Rules: mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!EVh0GZZS
30k/40k Rules and more (torrents): kat.cr/usearch/"Forge World" heresy user:epistolary/
30k Black Library: mega.nz/#F!0RlxDZQC!qAu9BaubWa3KeihJRmOcsg
Strawpoll links: strawpoll.me/10558764
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

First for the Primordial truth!

Mate, if you don't count Ebay, all the Start Collecting boxes have some pretty sweet savings.

Has anyone had success with the Orbital Assault right of war?

I tried it yesterday and got stomped.

can we get a succinct batrep?

>ChSM
>just fuck my shit up.jpg

Fifth for the VIII!

>Mate, if you don't count Ebay
yeah, sure. if you are dumb enough to buy direct from GW, they are a 'savings'.

none of them work for 30k though unless you are doing militas and cults or maybe SA.

>Commisar
>Tax
For Scions sure, but IG?

Opponent got first turn, I let him have first turn, one tactical squad fell off the table, the other tactical squad landed and took out 4 devastators, turn 2 my tacticals and drop pod got wiped, the rest of my army came on and the Fellblade and Deredeo wrecked the rest of my army.

in hindsight, my Primaris Lighting and Fire Raptor combined probably wasn't enough to do serious damage to the Fellblade even if it (the Lighting) hadn't been shot down by the Deredeo. but my opponent had the Fellblade backed up against the edge and if I tried to focus all my army into the Fellblade's tailpipe it would have simply turned around next turn and finished me off sooner.

user. I even posted my list earlier.

Here, I'll repost it since the thread was dying.

Imperialis Militia Allied Detachment:

HQ
-Force Commander, 50
+Bolt Pistol, 2
+Charnabal Sabre, 5
+Melta Bombs, 5
+Carapace Armor, 5
+Survivors of the Dark Age, 75
+Warrior Elite, 50
Total, 192

Troops
-Imperialis Militia Grenadier Squad, 65
+Lasrifles, 15
+x2Special Weapons Grenadier with Flamer, 10 (20)
+Advanced Weapons, 20
Total, 120

Heavy Support
-Militia Leman Russ Exterminator, 140
+Hull Lascannon, 10
+Heavy Bolter Sponsons, 20
Total, 170

Complete Total, 482

Mostly because the Commissar can't be a compulsory HQ, and the HQ slot is better served by Command Tanks/Pask, and Psykers/Priests/Lord Commissars, as well as the fact that unlike the Scions Codex, Lord Commissars are a different unit rather than an upgrade to a Commissar.

Try podding dreads.

So, GW has put up the BaC stuff for their Ludicrous prices! Kek.

Seems like I'm going to keep purchasing FW instead of GW for my HH stuff then.

Going to take a break from my Imperial Guard for now, get back to reading Angel Exterminatus.

What's everyone else doing?

Where is everybody?

>wanting these squatting posed marines over forgeworld anyway

All Prices in USD

BAC 150

Tacticals 50x3
Termies 65
Dread 60
Characters 50

325 for everything w/o the board game.

So why is it so expensive. The only difference is the packaging!

So Tac x3 + Term + Dread + Chars + Packaging x2 (Bigger Box) = 150
and
Tac + Pack = 50
Termies + Pack = 65
Dread + Pack = 60
Chars + Pack = 50

Doing some math we get:
Packaging is 43.75
Tacs are 6.25
Termies are 21.25
Dread is 16.25
Chars are 6.25

They really need to reduce the cost of packaging. That shit will put them under one day.

༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽

>wanting FWs skinny leg marines

What the zog are those last things?

Things which should show that despite using sound math, my results should not be taken seriously.

I found them in a twitch chat and I think they originated from /b/.

>FW MkIV marine on his day off

200 points on a HQ unit when your total list is only 500 points is very excessive. Try and cheapen your HQ.

Fish staring at hooks. Seems to imply bait.

Eh, about 150 of those points are from the two provenances, which increases everyone's leadership and armor save by 1.

So everyone has a 3+ and Ld. 8 min. And the Grenadiers lasrifles have +1 Strength from the provenance as well.

>150
I mean 125

For 500pts. you can get 40 Marines with overall better stats. Militia provenances really are useful only in larger detachments where the price equals out among the units.

If you want lasrifle dudes, maybe look into SA.

True enough, this was more just meant as something from my box that I had, should probably cheapen it like you said.

Why are the wall niggers so damn superior?

With SA, for 500pts., you can have two 20 strong rifle sections with blast-charges and melta-bomb sergeants, and a tank commander in a vanquisher with a hull lascannon.

What are these provinces? Do the militia have a build an hq style list of options???

If you take a Force Commander, you can take up to two Provenances. They're a bit like Rites of War, giving most of your army (all units with the provenance rule) various bonuses.

For example Warrior Elite gives +1 leadership. Survivors of the Dark Age gives +1 armour save (up to 3+), Grenadiers become mandatory Troops, they can buy an upgrade to make their lasweapons and rotor cannons S4 and the army can buy Rhinos and Proteus Land Raiders. There's like 2-3 pages of them, ranging from traitor only corruption ones to cybernetic implants (become friendly with Mechanicum armies), abhumans, etc.

Should I aim for this list or just run it as a PotL list? Im not sure.

HH Imperial Fists 1750pts

>HQ
Delegatus [Armored Breakthrough RoW]

>Elites

3x Vet Squad [10vets, 2x Missile Launcher, Sniper]+Rhino

Vet Squad [10vets, 2x Heavy Bolter, Sniper]+Rhino

>Troops

Predator w/ Autocannon
Predator w/ Autocannon
Predator w/ Autocannon

Support Squad[5x Meltaguns]+Rhino (Delegatus goes here)

Yes. Sort of like Legion Praetors, except their rites of war are provenances which cost points, but benefit your army.

Survivors of the Dark Age is 75 points and improves your whole army's armor saves by +1 to a max of 3+. It also has the extra option of upgrading your Grenadier Squads and Company Command Squads lasweapons and rotor cannons Strength by 1 for 20 points per squad, though it must be taken by all squads in the army.

I'm my experience using vet squads as the backbone of your arrmy is a waste of points, I've had much better results running Tact's with a squad or two of vets to fill in specialized roles that the rest of my list hasn't met.

Second, they die to fast to juctify all the points sank into them.

Because they look so damn superior standing on top of their walls.

what's the logic behind not giving the predators any sponson guns? not saying it's a bad idea, just don't know anything about predators.

In an Iron Warriors Pride list, what should you equip Veteran Tacticals with?

Keeping them cheap, 75pts for a 4 shot autocannon and AV13 front is good enough for me and because I dont have the bits.

Run them as a 9 man squad with blooded gauntlets and give them shovels

I'm thinking a ten man squad with two Heavy Bolters and Artificer armor for the Sergeant. Would that be any good?

Always need to be 9 men strong

Why 9?

60% of the legs are good in BaC

Which Traitor Primarch and which Loyalist Primarch and their respective legion do you think could've been Loyalist/Traitor, and why?

I'd rate that squad a 9/10 would decimate

Oh. I get it now.

I feel stupid now.

Anyways, how should I kit out Iron Havocs? Vanilla with their Heavy Bolter, Free Autocannons, or 15 point Lascannons?

Depends on what you need. Autocannons are subpar though. Lascannons are pretty good at what they do. If you need more anti vech go with them, otherwise stick with HB.

That's interesting, I'll have to take a look and see what kind of cool thematic armies I could come up with.

Hmm... That's a tough choice. Heavy Bolters seem pretty nice, but Lascannons can pierce through 2+, and have good damage against vehicles as well.

Hmmm... And looking at FW's website, seeing as how I'd end up with leftover HBolters and regular Bolters from mixing them into my Vet squads, I think I'll just keep them with bolters and go with Lascannon Havocs. BS5 Lascannons seems pretty nice for removing things.

Well, that settles that!

What's a good and fluffy Praetor loadout for the IW?

Warsmith+Combi-Melta+Paragon Blade/Hammer

I need leaks

The last few weeks have been so fucking dry on the heresy front

So Horus Heresy General, what are some of the most exciting armies you've come up against?

My granpa died and left me $400

What should I buy and paint in his honor

Dreadnoughts. Emperor knows I wish I could have encased my Grandad in a Contemptor chassis. It would make painting houses easier too. Bless that man.

So, /hhg/ which legion has your favorite color scheme that isn't one you play?

For me, it's Sons of Horus.

Alpha legion

Ive gotten the tamiya clear metallic scheme down, so im debating whether i want to start them or not, but their units and rules are kind of boring

Aye mate, I'm in love with the SoH color scheme and upgrade set, but I don't care for their rules or characters outside of the Warmaster himself, who is also my favorite model.

Maybe Emperor's Children or Sons of Horus

night lords

thats why i have like 1500 points worth of extra shit sitting around for when i start them

How's this for a fluffy list? This is just from my theoretical shopping cart, unsure if I'll actually buy any of these yet, going to wait and see what's in the rumoured box in the fall.

And forgot the list like an idiot.

Iron Warriors Pride of the Legion.

HQ
-Legion Praetor, 100
+Archaeotech Pistol, 20
+Paragon Blade, 25
Total, 145

Elites
-Iron Havoc Heavy Support Squad, 185
+5 Lascannons, 75
+Sergeant Artificer Armor, 10
Total, 270

Troops
-x2Veteran Tactical Squad, 125 (250)
+5 extra Veteran Tacticals, 75 (150)
+Sergeant Artificer Armour, 10 (20)
+Two Heavy Bolters w/Suspensor Web and Shrapnel Bolts, 40 (80)
+Veteran Tactics, Sniper.
Total, 250 (500)

Total Points, 915

Are headhunter kill teams better than regular seeker squads?

Are we expecting any major changes with the new book?

World Eaters or Salamanders.

>Traitor Loyalist
Missing Primarchs
>Loyalist Traitor
Aleph Null, Magnus

I wish archeotech pistols were AP2. I like that list its cute, a good leaping off point.

We anticipate discounts on breachers and assault marines. Also legion armies will be able to take imperial guard super heavies in their armies as sort of auxillary super heavies, and we're getting a new jetbike squadron that is assumably an analogue to the attack bike squadrons of normal bikes.

new book as in red book or inferno?

New red book

The Malcador is now a Heavy Support, which pleases me greatly.

Thanks, user! To be honest, I can't really see myself using any other RoW other than Pride of the Legion. I find it too useful, as Veteran Tacticals being able to take 1-2 HBolters as well as all their other rules seem great for IW. Of course, once I build up enough units, I'll probably try out Tac spam and drown my friends in bodies.

Played against a buddy who frequents here. He plays IF and normally runs breacher blobs which he can use alright, haven't played against anyone who actually uses them as a main stead. I play IH so they aren't to big of a problem for me, medusas for the win. Last game he fielded outriders, again a unit I don't see used to often, and wrecked faced with them. Were both pushing 3k armies but usually play around 1.5-2k so we can try different loadouts and what not. Flexibility of the list and reasonable balance are the reason why I got into 30k, almost every game is different and fun.

If I were to build a Dark Angels 30k army, would it be in poor taste to also use them as my 40k CSM army? I mean would most people would get that they're Fallen?

People usually come to 30k to get away from the Chaos Space Marines book

Why would you play them as CSM though?

Why not just use the Dark Angels book and play them as Consecrators, one of their successor chapters with a crap ton of relics, no Mk.VII or VIII and the same color scheme as they have in 30k?

Would people object to play against 30k marines counting as 40k Codex marines? As in, a regular space marine army but with lots of ancient armour.
Those Red Scorpions and Minotaurs pet chapters have lots of ye olde armour, and there were so many UMs that at least 1000 suits mays exist:
0.004% of the UM's stocks of an armour already being phased out still fills a full 40k chapter.
Unless phased out armour (which isn't the same as"utterly broken") gets returned to the foundry to be smelteto,ID IDK, supply Perturabo's 30k metal minis or something.

Sons of Horus, I really like the Turquoise and Black colour scheme.

>Would people object to play against 30k marines counting as 40k Codex marines?
Shouldn't. As long as the models match up (marine is a marine, terminator is a terminator, lascannon is a lascannon) any reasonable person would be 100% fine with it.

They are power-armored dudes with bolters. I've used my night lords in 40k games as space marines and no one seems to mind.

Because of the Fallen. I figured most people might not care if I still used them as Dark Angels in both games, but in particular I was concerned about whether or not someone might say it's not fun to use them as an entirely different faction. Seems sort of like a dumb question in retrospect.

Hmm...
I'm debating between the Lascannons and HBolters.

On one hand, I can give the HBolters to my Vets, and the Iron Havocs for some nice accuracy and suppression thanks to Shrapnel rounds. Don't know how good it would do against vehicles of any kind though, even if the Havocs have Tank Hunters. Really I don't know, I'm new, please help.

On the other hand, Lascannons pack a nice punch, and since the Havocs are BS5 they'll be hitting pretty often as well, and I know for sure they'll hurt quite a bit of things, though they do lack Pinning and the sheer volume of fire the Heavy Bolters can bring.

hbolters a shit but fwiw you don't need 10 lascannons to kill something most of the time, you could just bring 50/50 and do both

is it optimal? no

but it gives you some ablative wounds for your lascannons and the option to blat hordes with your hbolters

havocs want missile launchers most of the time, leave the heavy bolters on vehicle pintle mounts/sponsons if you take them at all

While true, I do like how HBolters look, and would prefer to homogenize the weapons in a unit, as to make it simpler for myself. That, and I like how both look.

Eh, I'd rather choose between HBolters or Lascannons, don't really care about Missile Launchers myself.

Do you want some toilet paper with that shitpost sir?

in that case, take the lascannons, with the heavy bolters you waste the strong points of the havocs, namely the negatives to cover saves and tank hunters

>give them shovels
IG has some nice shovels, I bought some for my upcoming IW. I might use them as close combat weapons instead of knives, because the image of an IW hitting someone with a shovel is hilarious.

Give it a power weapon aura and were good buddy

Good point. I do like how they look as well.

Hoping Duncan does an IW painting video, not sure what paints I'd need for them.

I actually have a spare shovel from my HWT.

Probably just going to glue to to the hull or turret of my Leman Russ.

Now I'm just imagining if the Legions could use LRs, and the Thousand Suns raging at one of their tanks being named after the guy who sent his army after them.

They have Tank Hunters, so don't go for Heavy Bolters, you should have plenty else in your list for infantry killing. Give them missile launchers or autocannons, missiles are really versatile tho. Give em Flak missiles if you have the points.

*has mental image of marine hitting some xeno scum in the face with a shovel*

Yes, that'll work quite nicely indeed.

>We anticipate discounts on breachers and assault marines.
Mfw when it doesn't happen.

If they get a discount I'll accelerate my plans for my BA hoplite breachers.

I think I'm going to go with Lascannons. I like how they look, and they're strong as well, which is nice. I just don't really like how Missile Launchers look, really. I'll probably make some HBolter teams later on to see how they perform and to mix them in to my Vet squads.

Isn't it odd that the new box is rumoured to have MkIII Breachers and Assaults? Either way, that would be great for me, as I love MkIII armor, and if their prices are reduced I'll probably field them instead of Tacticals for when I'm not doing Pride lists.

Eh, the Ork one should be almost as bad. Boyz and Deff Dread should be tax at the highest, with the Painboy at good.

Aren't powershovels canon, I thought they had their own rules too.

Would love to field them in a Day of Sorrow list. I think it would fit the narrative of that Rite of Blood Angels holding the line.

>I just don't really like how Missile Launchers look, really
I see, I just hope you don't face flyers then.

Pretty sure that's just Angry Marines stuff.

That sounds pretty cool, even though I don't know what it does.

Also, does anyone know what book the Ironfire RoW is in? Or will it be in the new redbook? And what are some good artillery units for Iron Warriors?

I wish I had a competent Ork player in my group...