/cofd/&/wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness General

>Previous Thread:

>Pastebin:
pastebin.com/7sSgGVPH

mediafire.com/download/n7htcqyqk0y0acy/[WtF]The_Pack.PDF

mediafire.com/download/a1kpjrm41yzozkq/V20_Ghouls_&_Revenants.pdf

>Latest News
The Kickstarter for Beckett's Jyhad Diary is live!(Technically the latest news is Beast&Exalted shirts, but I doubt anybody gives a fuck about that)
theonyxpath.com/the-deluxe-becketts-jyhad-diary-kickstarter-is-now-live/
This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
theonyxpath.com/monday-no-tuesday-meeting-notes-monday-meeting-notes/ *

>Question
Have you ever done a Weird War type game? (Like the Germans summoning demons to fight the allies or whatever)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2E1yfaMC4Js
youtube.com/watch?v=QpwhPMVBfik
youtube.com/watch?v=l4dzJo_947Y
drivethrurpg.com/product/185028
docs.google.com/document/d/1_TDJ5dAXW3iGx9XLn7lvmLUnixDw6MYN4EBJho5m2d0/pub
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronicle_(film)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Nope, I'm not really interested in Weird War stuff. I do wonder how long it'll take for the inevitable World War I/II Dark Era, though.

First for Werewolf
youtube.com/watch?v=2E1yfaMC4Js

What about the allies summoning demons to fight the Germans?

What about Demons summoning allies to fight the Germans?

I liked the little story point in What We Do in the Shadows, where Hitler had a division of Vampires on his side, but after Germany lost the war they all had to go into hiding

>"Why yes, the summoning circle works both ways."

yo but what are they doing to that shackled woman

A turn/round lasts 3 seconds.

Not in CofD/WoD, but I had a Call of Cthulhu game a while back where the party was a group of people who were being forced to help the Third Reich search for occult shit they could use to gain an advantage in the coming war.

We left a small town investigating rumors of a mysterious mist and people disappearing, with a half a platoon of Italian Soldiers to keep us safe(we were all German), and ended up finding the remains of the other half of the platoon torn to pieces before our radio crapped out, and we found our way to an empty villa with a bunch of eerily realistic statues out front, all of them looking terrified. Inside, shit got really weird with us seeing flashes of distant worlds, and eventually finding a projector that gave off a yellow light, and anything organic touched by the light turned to stone. We started trying to make our way out, when we suddenly heard something sloshing along behind us, and after nearly catching it in our lantern lights a few times, one of the other guys shot his flamethrower at it, and another tried to hit it with the projector's light. We caught a short glimpse of a shadowy oozy tendril, then promptly ran the fuck away.
Ended up finding our way out of the villa, eventually, and realizing our radio worked again. We immediately called in to tell the people in charge of the platoon we had with us(all of whom were dead now) to do an air strike on the villa, and started driving away.

We ended with my dude getting struck and killed by random shrapnel as we drove away.

So this is late because I had stuff to do but while most of the logophage's stuff works the willpower and secret hunting doesn't. Either everything ever regarding a secret has to go including any tablets manuscripts or other tools that are in impossibly obscure locations for what is essentially 3 wp or the secret only matters if no one knows and thus you can create a physical copy of the knowledge and re eat the secret until you have enough willpower to casual throw willpower at anything ever from start to finish of the campaign. The first, while it makes sense doesn't give you any tools to search from anything that isn't a person. It also gives you very little for finding a secret. The second is absurdly broken. the legacy while possibly my favorite is poorly made like a bunch of early legacies.

Forge masters is another legacy i have issues with because the second and third attainments didn't focus on the permanent nature but temporary which didn't make sense.

>Players so evil demons summon THEM for aid.

I feel like this could be a campaign, but I've no clue how to present it.

Speaking of Dark Eras
youtube.com/watch?v=QpwhPMVBfik

Can we have some cool character concepts that you'd like to see others play? I'll start in my next post.

So I'm interested in this game. What draws you to it? The setting? The mechanics?

I'm particularly interested in the mechanics right now,because I've already determined the setting is cool. I feel I can convert any setting to most of the generic systems, so are the mechanics in this system worth using, over say DnD, Gurps, a ORE, or Apocalypse world type system?

The setting. The mechanics are really just their to support the fluff. If you try to play a hack and slash WoD game it will be absolutely terrible. If you get deep into the characterization of your guys it'll be great.

>so are the mechanics in this system worth using, over say
>DnD
Yes
>Gurps
Depends on how strong you want your supernatural creatures to be. From what I understand GURPS is the very lowest end of the power scale when it comes to universal systems, and going higher power with it leads to the system buckling under itself
>ORE
I dunno shit about ORE, so, maybe?
>Apocalypse World
There's actually at least 2 Apocalypse Engine games you could use to run a CofD/WoD game; Monsterhearts, for the typical high school urbfan themes, or Urban Shadows, for what I understand is basically just CofD with Apocalypse Engine mechanics

Your mileage may vary, though

Crinos pup: Could he stop your hunter dead with cute?

Anybody else think EVOLVE could work for Deviant inspiration? Or, hell, even Hunter.
>Deviant
You're a monster, and you're being hunted by people. The only way for you to survive is to get stronger, and to do that, you'll have to evolve.
>Hunter
I don't think it really needs explanation; the Hunters are Hunters, the Monster is a monster.
Kala is a strong candidate for the Cheiron Group, ofc

When are we getting a new VtM game from Paradox White Wolf?

I love the mechanics of CofD a lot. It's very easy to create a character without worrying if it'll be viable or not or needing to research a lot of information before filling out the character sheet. In fact, the bottom of a character sheet explains exactly how much goes into each section, so with a few minutes explaining how dicepools and successes work, most people understand what to do. Compared to something like D&D where a character class has a lot of bearing on how to fill out your character sheet, it's very straightforward.

One issue with the mechanics is that due to lower healthpools, most of the time combat winds up exceedingly deadly or with a lot of glancing attacks and misses. I still think it's pretty fun, but because of the nature of exploding dice (You reroll 10s and keep the original success, so you can potentially roll an infinitely high number of successes if you've got the devil's luck) and sometimes the larger dicepools being contested by only a few other modifiers, it can wind up with weird situations like players one shotting or getting one shot by NPCs compared to other systems' NPCs having a finite cap on how much damage they can do to someone per turn. Still though, if you instead extrapolate successes into RP talk, things can get pretty interesting and give you some leeway in how much damage can actually be done (For example, I've sort of houseruled exceptional combat successes to generate an instant kill against unimportant NPCs, high RP based damage against more important ones such as lots of damage plus negative stat modifiers, and require a "confirmed roll" against players -- failed exceptional successes against players do a good amount of damage but leave no lingering effects, successful ones tend to incapacitate or dehabilitate players in some way.).

GURPS can handle powerful pretty well, though guns are, by default, pretty fucking brutal and able to handle many supernatural threats.

That said, GURPS world of darkness works better at the lower end of power levels. Your lycanthrope might not be a match for an elite solider with an assault rifle (outside an ambush) but he can be an exceptional tracker and hunter that can recover from painful misadventure fast.

2020 at it's earliest and it's gonna be shit, so I have no idea why you would want it.

Yeah all those deformities are really cute.

>2020 at it's earliest
What? You got a source on that?

>Yeah all those deformities are really cute.
Deformities are metis, m8

My bumhole

Homid first change: middle to late teenager years
Lupus first change: 2 to 3 years, considered an adult in wolf years

At best you can have a smelly teenager crinos, if you want a pup crinos you get a metis monstrosity.

>Make the PCs all Slashers.
>I am literally about to run a campaign just like this. Instead of Task Force Valkyrie, it's VASCU
The Suicide Squad game idea is actually based on a plot hook originally presented in the Slasher book about VASCU using Slashers and other monsters (or something like that) to hunt down other Slashers. I basically half remembered it when watching Suicide Squad trailers and thought it would be a pretty awesome idea, though obviously I'm going with TFV since it feels like a better fit for monsters in general.

The main thing that I want to do is to really make it feel like the players are creating their OWN versions of monsters, or even making monsters that aren't represented. I'm thinking that I'm going to stat up a few "sample" monsters, and give my players a taste of what kind of characters they can play instead of thinking in terms of Requiem and Forsaken and all of that.

I'm fond of the Chronicles of Darkness mechanics, and honestly I'm so comfortable with them that I could homebrew just about any system that's gritty lowish power. To elaborate on what says, I think that CofD combat is at a place where characters tend to take damage quick enough that they strongly consider giving up if they get hit, but won't likely die immediately (barring disproportionate supernatural combatants against mortals and the like).
I will say that lowering Defense by using the lower of Athletics or Brawl instead of just Athletics can really help with the glancing attacks and misses. But again, I'm really comfortable with homebrewing the system, and I've been messing with it for years now.

By the way, have you read the part in the Requiem Storyteller section on using Conditions/Tilts for Health?

So much has changed in the transition from 1e to 2e, you can throw out all the mechanics and go from the core flavor: tracking down information valuable to mages and erasing it from the Fallen World.

You won't have much luck trying to nail down what does and does not qualify on the abstract scale. Stick to the story in which it is relevant. What does the character want to erase from the world badly enough to join a left-handed legacy? Did they succeed or are they still working on it? What other knowledge have they marked for oblivion along the way.

If you're trying to nail down what you need to exploit the legacy as a playable character, you can fuck right off.

Anyone got the pic without the text?

2016, if you like slot machines. Apparently we're going to get hinting at an actual video game later this year, probably at the Grand Masquerade.

I'm running a mixed game where there is a vampire among other characters. Is there any way to involve them into scenes that take place in daylight hours?

Re-asking, since I'm never 100% sure how to handle anything I do:

Like I mentioned I want to run a Suicide Squad inspired crossover game. The players will all be supernaturals who are bribed, threatened, extorted, or otherwise forced to work for Taskforce VALKYRIE as a deniable asset group specifically focused around investigating and putting a stop to supernatural threats that might prove too difficult or dangerous for mortal teams.

The twist is that all of the characters will be made using rules from Hunter: The Vigil and the Chronicles of Darkness corebook. They'll have a Potency stat and an Energy meter, both customized for what they are (Power and Charge for a robot, for instance) and a suite of Dread Powers that I'll help work with them to determine. I'm not really sure on how to standardize it, though. A lot of Dread Powers in Mortal Remains (and Hunter core) are wonky, and use dot ratings. For some it makes sense, for others it doesn't. Dread Powers in the Corebook don't use dots.

I'm trying to come up with a decent rule of thumb for how to create these "Templates" beyond just eyeballing it, though I think at the end of the day that's what I'll need to do regardless.

Also, if anyone has any ideas for what I can actually DO with them, that'd be great...
I may run something similar to Assault on Arkham.

Things to do with them?

You could have a vicious supernaturally empowered serial killer building a cult. Even as they seek the killer himself they have to deal with his fanatical culitst, willing to die for their master's vision, and the police hunting him that won't understand what the task force is for.

The first act could be responding to the call and attacking a kidnapping/kill site where they take down what seems to be the killer and meet a police detective that isn't happy about them stepping in. If they can communicate with the detective peacefully they can find out that the person they took down doesn't match critical details about the true killer.

Act two reveals the killer himself rather then the shadow and has them try to finish the job by tracking him before he finish the elaborate ritual he performs for a kill. The police can be a useful resource to tap, or they can use other powers and resources they have.

Finding him there reveals a trap, and cultist devotees of the killer within their own organization that betray them. They have to survive the attack..

Act three, of course, reveals the killer's master plan and what they think they get from the elaborate rituals and human deaths. This might be a pure denouement if they killed him in act two. it also reveals part of how deeply the killer's cult went, but leaves unsettling hints that there may be other cultist waiting to take up his work.

I was actually thinking of something to do with a cult. Possibly even ingratiating themselves into the cult and trying to take it down or stop whatever dark ritual they're planning.

I'm still unsure how much leeway the Suicide Squad will have to deal with problems. I should probably read a few issues of the actual comic, though I'm not actually looking to replicate it. I'm wondering if I should go for more Monster of the Week problems. Have them get shipped off to parts unknown and holed up in a dingey motel and made to go "find out what's killing college students" or something like that.

In the comic, they are mostly used as a hammer. Someone else dose the investigation parts and decides where to deploy them, then they get sent in, sometimes by straight up kicking them out of a helicopter, to win or die.

I'd use a monster squad more for investigation as well as combat.

Remember different monsters will have different powers. Lycanthropes can track by scent and are sensitive to clues a human would miss. Vampires have uncanny powers to manipulate mortals. See what the players take and try to think of chapters and stories where their powers might be useful.

The leverage that keeps the monsters part of the squad also is something that could be rich for story hooks. A captive child or lover, used as a hostage to their good behavior. Information they vitally need, a chance to get revenge on another monster that utterly ruined them and left them for dead, or even a monster (perhaps an 'orphan' lost to their own kind) that works with the project voluntarily.

Try to get the idea in that the project will use anything they can to control them. From seduction to kidnapping to lies to brutal violence.

youtube.com/watch?v=l4dzJo_947Y
Does your Acanthus have a "Wibbly Lever"?

Gangrel confirmed for Worst Clan

>If you try to play a hack and slash WoD game it will be absolutely terrible.

That's what our Storyteller is doing now. We literally did a dungeon crawl after our first three sessions. The chronicle is probably 70% combat so far, which is hilarious for all the poor bastards who invested in chatty social intrigue shit.
Mastery of the Mortal Shell and Path of Blood Shit is my apprentice's saving grace for being relevant, so my character has kept up, but those other cats have trouble sometimes.

4th Generation Setites could do it for a day back in the oWoD, but it cost a permanent Willpower point.

Shit was still hilarious, though. Just imagine some Setite Supermethusaleh coming to your Haven and raping you to death while you slept.

You can always bring the battle to them. Vampires can with difficulty be active for a short time in the day, enough to launch a desperate defense of their haven.

If you don't want to do that, you can always give the vampire's player something to do when you get though the daytime scenes, and avoid having daytime scenes take too long.

Or you can ask them to run an NPC. Give them a note with the information the NPC has and any hidden traits that might come up, then let them play that character. It's an improvisational challenge for the player, but lets them get in a scene and lets you avoid talking to yourself if you have two NPC's talking.

Tell me, has anyone shared the new V20 book? The "V20 Ready Made Characters"?

>drivethrurpg.com/product/185028

Would love to get my hands on this, but I'm a bit strapped for cash at the moment!

I never saw the point of the ready made characters desu. Isn't the fun part of roleplaying games to make your own character?

Give the vampire a dedicated ghoul that serves during the day. Maybe a father-son team of ghouls with military, police, or other chronicle-relevant experience, with father guarding the haven, and son doing tasks outside during the day.

It's good for NPCs that you need to yank out on short notice. Or you can adapt the characters into NPCs tailored to fit a chronicle with a little more notice.

I don't know. I like premade NPC's because they can give me inspiration and characters that don't all have my creative fingerprints on them.

Character archetypes you find appealing can end up repeating themselves in your game. A little outside input can help with that and makes the characters more distinct.

>I never saw the point of the ready made characters desu. Isn't the fun part of roleplaying games to make your own character?

It is, but...

>It's good for NPCs that you need to yank out on short notice.
>Character archetypes you find appealing can end up repeating themselves in your game. A little outside input can help with that and makes the characters more distinct.

Basically this.

As a Storyteller, these RMCs are nice to have in a pinch; if for example a player character just died and just isn't able to come up with any good ideas for a character of their own. Or, if I need to whip up an interesting character more or less on the fly, to serve as antagonist or ally or anything inbetween.

Better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it. Or however that phrase goes.

HOL UP

Is the guy from the last thread who was running a game in Hong Kong lurking around?

Where can i play a campaign of VtM with text chat only? I have social anxiety so i dont have a cam and mic. Do i need to prepare a character sheet first?

Anyone has V20 Ready made Characters?

>Character archetypes you find appealing can end up repeating themselves in your game.

This, really. You don't want people to catch on to your personal cliches.

WE

You might be able to find something on roll20.

>Beckett's Jyhad Diary opens for the possibility of 16th Generation vampires coming into existence during the 2010s in the V20 timeline, including a brief write-up of a 16th-Gen 5-point flaw for new players whose vampires are less than a year old.

Discuss away! Or don't, do whatever you want.

Fuck, would they be limited to two dots of disciplines? That's pretty crazyish. Would Sunlight only deal Bashing damage or some shit?

docs.google.com/document/d/1_TDJ5dAXW3iGx9XLn7lvmLUnixDw6MYN4EBJho5m2d0/pub

>The 15th has long been the highest Generation of vampires, but the 16th is rising. Here is the Flaw to add the 16th Generation to your campaign.

>16th Generation (5 pt. Flaw)

>You were created no more than a year ago. Your vitae is so weak only four of your 10 blood points can be used for Disciplines, healing, or raising Attributes. For these functions, you must expend two blood points to obtain the effect a normal vampire would achieve with one. You may use the remaining six blood points for other purposes, and rising still costs a single blood point per night. You cannot create a blood bond or Cainite childe, nor can you create or sustain ghouls.

>You are Clanless and do not suffer from a Clan weakness. You select three starting Disciplines freely, but cannot raise any Discipline above two dots. You are likely an outcast of Cainite society and cannot start play with the Domain or Status background.

>Barely a vampire, sunlight only causes lethal damage to you and you can attempt to soak it with Stamina. Remaining awake during the day still presents the same difficulties as it does to other Cainites. You gain the effects (though not the actual Merits) of Blush of Health and Eat Food. You can conceive a Dhampir child.

>Urban Shadows

Has anyone played this? Is it fun? I did a brief once over through freely available materials, and a couple red flags flew up to me:

>intimacy moves
>a section on race/gender/queerness.

Can someone with experience shed some light on these red flags?

Can you list your triggers so we can help you better?

acknowledging tumblr really triggers me. I'd prefer they remain unacknowledged. I don't mind people playing queer characters, but I think it needs the same amount of acknowledgement that playing a white, straight, male character needs: none.

You can play your character.

Oh, and the intimacy moves is just a thing I don't trust my group to play.

>you're telling me we can get power ups from sex?
>hey bob, lets have our characters fug :DDD

That guy is Chris Allen, one of the freelance writers for Werewolf the Forsaken, fyi

He's a britbong and it's mid-afternoon over there, right now, though, so give him a few hours and he might show up

Intimacy Moves are explained to not just be Sex Moves; they built a lot of the game off of Monsterhearts, and that was one of the things it did with their systems

Also, they aren't powerups. Not to both parties, at least; generally, it's some manner of character development given crunch support. EG, the Aware gains Corruption, the Fae can demand a Promise from them, the Hunter learns a truth about them and has to either tell them a truth or gain Corruption, the Spectre gets a magic bean they can spend to show up when the other person is in trouble.

Either way, if they decide that they want to gain the Intimacy Move benefits on each other, there's no reason they shouldn't be allowed to. Just don't let it devolve into ERP, which is probably won't anyways, and you're fine.

The game's all right. It leans more heavily on the "supernatural creatures are a metaphor for parts of the city" more than WoD/CofD does, so it feels a little more noir in its storytelling. Intimacy moves are like Special moves in other PbtA games where it's less a power-up and more "here's how relationships make shit more complicated". Like many games in that system, it functions best as an HBO drama simulator where characters are not necessarily together at all times, or even at all. The fact that you consider a discussion on marginalized people in a game about being in a modern day city a "red flag" is really weird, but the game itself isn't going to restrict save for what play book you choose.

If you're more interested in the action-y, urban fantasy aspects of WoD/CofD, you're better off sticking with the original systems.

Holy shit, being 16th gen's gotta suck, no pun intended. 17th gen's probably going to be a person with a mild sun allergy that eats more raw meat than you think someone should.

You're playing oWoD, from the sound of it.

It was shared a while back. Everyone lost their damned minds that the fat drag queen has Appearance 5, because anyone who isn't a supermodel of course shouldn't have App 5.
Digging deeper and not a single person's sheet is statted mechanically properly. For instance, the former pharmacist black stereotype Malk drug dealer has this. Science. As a specialty in Science.

Yeah we already did this schtick. We get it, you think Will Smith sounds like the blackest blacky who ever blacked. Go back and watch ID4. He says Earth. He enunciates the th.

SO YOU SAYIN

ARE THE THIRD GEN VAMPS.
[lyric I cannot make rhyme.]
"That's what this kindred of this world are afraid of."
"Brujah"
"Ennoia"
"and Malkav"
"And Saulot!"

The Antediluvians were the third generation of Vampires, right?

If you know anything about SU, you'll know why my Antediluvian choices are funny.

I'm pretty sure they know they're playing WoD, Aspel. We can at least try to stick to one terminology for the two settings for the newbies.

You're the first one who brought up Tumblr in this conversation, so clearly acknowledging it isn't your trigger. Playing a queer character also requires a bit more attention than playing a cis, white, straight character because being queer is not the "norm" and is often seen as lesser. I get that you might feel uncomfortable with games acknowledging queerness and the fact that not everyone is "normal", but if you're going to see that as a red flag, that's on you and no one else.

>The fact that you consider a discussion on marginalized people in a game about being in a modern day city a "red flag" is really weird
Yeah, but look where we are...
What do you mean the monsters are metaphors for "parts of the city"? Do you mean, like, the vampire is supposed to represent uptown affluenza, while the werewolf is the poor hobos?

What I mean is that the original question and the statement about "this doesn't work well" was clearly about CofD. It's less "for the newbies" and more older people who still get it confused.

>Holy shit, being 16th gen's gotta suck, no pun intended. 17th gen's probably going to be a person with a mild sun allergy that eats more raw meat than you think someone should.

Yeah, 16th Gen vampires won't have it easy...

If a 17th Gen vampire ever came into existence, he'd likely be able to soak sunlight as bashing damage (mild sun allergy, like you said) and he'd only be able to use two blood points for healing/disciplines... and he couldn't rise beyond one dot in any discipline. Would still suck ass though, since even dhampirs would get a better deal than such a thin-blooded vampire. Arguably, dhampirs are already more powerful than all thin-bloods since they can just hit vampire havens during the day with no ill effects.

So anything after 17th gen is practically human, right?

By that I mean, no dots in Disciplines and only a single blood point...which would, quite frankly, suck balls.

But hey, you don't suffer from any clan weaknesses. And I'm sure there must be SOME passive benefits for taking a Discipline but having no dots in it, right?

Also what's the next step down on the damage track after Bashing?

Malkav best antediluvian-waifu

I thought 15th Gen vampires couldn't sire anyone?

Evidently that assumption was incorrect.

>So anything after 17th gen is practically human, right?
>By that I mean, no dots in Disciplines and only a single blood point...which would, quite frankly, suck balls.
>But hey, you don't suffer from any clan weaknesses. And I'm sure there must be SOME passive benefits for taking a Discipline but having no dots in it, right?

Weeeell, depends on which timeline/reality you're going by. If you follow the WoD Revised timeline, then there are *no* other generations after the 15th. That's the final step in which you can still be called a "vampire".

In V20... they don't know how deep the rabbit hole goes. And what's more worrying, it's mentioned in the Diary there are quite a few ancient (vague) prophecies, Elders and bucketloads of Malks who are only just now mentioning the fact that Vampire generations are possibly *cyclical*.

Meaning, yes, each subesquent generation is weaker than the last... until it resets. It's possible there it's not just *a* Gehenna... there are possibly *multiple* Gehennas. Some which have already happened in the past, one which is rapidly approaching, and many more that might come in the future.

Imagine if, for example, that the 18th or 20th or whatever generation isn't a *weaker* vampire... but instead one as powerful as the 2nd or 3rd generation, or possibly even as potentially powerful as Caine himself. That makes Elders shit their collective pants, because they know at least *something* about Caine... what are they gonna do if a thinblood, a member of a group they've needlessly tormented for *so* many years... suddenly becomes more powerful than them all?

Of course it's just a theory, and V20 is storyline-agnostic anyway so it can be taken in multiple directions, but it's an interesting path to take a chronicle in. And it's possibly the way the upcoming post-Gehenna 4th Edition VtM game will be going.

Nothing
After that you'd probably either take no damage or take reduced damage.

So that's a plus.

So in Revised, after 15th "generation", you stop being Kindred and start being...lunch.

I assume it's infrequent but possible by now

>So in Revised, after 15th "generation", you stop being Kindred and start being...lunch.

To be honest, that already starts with the 14th generation. You're either gonna be pushed around and get fucked over by literally *any* older vampire in return for him not tearing out your guts and using them as a jumping rope, or he's gonna kill you... Either because you broke a law you didn't know about, you are a harbinger of the apocalypse, they just didn't like your face, or they want to get rid of you because one less vampire means more feeding ground to go around.

Assuming you're talking about my Werewolf game, yes, I am here.

Queerness is not normal, but it's up to the group to decide how they want to handle it. It is inappropriate for RPGs to push any sort of agenda. All that's required on the subject is a simple "play what you want, work it out with your group", not an entire wall of text. If a bunch of trannies and fags want to get together and run a realistic game where trannies and fags are oppressed in the 1950s, or a bunch of straight men all want to roleplay trannies and fags using magical gay rainbow power to solve relationships everywhere, or any possible combination of elements that touches on queerness, I don't care one way or the other.

Admittedly, I can't read the passage, because the preview image is so small. So maybe it's a wall of text saying what I just said. But that would be counter to my experience with other RPGs that have wasted page space on the subject.

>It is inappropriate for RPGs to push any sort of agenda
user, that is blatantly false. In fact, almost every RPG--or anything--already does push an agenda. It's just that you don't care (or notice!) because it's likely one that you agree with.

Fantastic. I was wondering if you could share any notes you've made on Hong Kong? Not necessarily werewolf stuff, but anything you have really. Thank you.

What agenda does GURPs push?
How about ORE?

>What agenda does GURPs push?
How great technology is, mostly.

>How about ORE?
ORE isn't a system, it's a core mechanic. Reign and Wild Talents push agendas (beliefs in heroism as a thing and superheroes being a very bad thing, respectively).

You're mistaking themes for agendas user. Don't be silly.

There's no meaningful distinction. If I write a game where heroism gets you gutted like a dog, that's putting that idea into the world, and reinforcing it the more people interact with my game. aka: an agenda.

Apart from the stuff in the thread over on the Forsaken forum, it's mostly just half-sentence comments noted down as ideas come or as I trawl through source material. For example, a portion of my notes are just the following sort of stuff:

Yaoi Guai - Taoist demon shapeshifters, seeking immortality. Want to eat high Integrity humans? Werewolf bale hound types are amongst them?
Water Ghosts - the Drowned
The Nine Dragons - powerful flows of Essence, relating to feng shui
Hungry ghosts
Jiang Shi - vampire-like, ghostly powers
Chenghuanshen - city god
Taotie - gluttonous ogre mask
Zhen - poisonfeather birds - someone summoning and using them as a source of drugs and venoms?
Luduan - truth-seer spirit, summoned and bound by Uratha for that purpose.
Rooftop slums.
Chungking mansions - 'african quarter'
People fall through the cracks -what else is down there?
The Cull - Wu Wei for uratha is to be monstrous predators. Humans push against the harmony of the world.
Reclaiming land from the sea - sea-based conflict?
Remnants/echoes of the Japanese occupation
Smog and air pollution
Song Emperor's Pavilion on Kowloon peninsula when fleeing from Kublai Khan
Five Great Clans: Tang, Wen, Hou, Peng, Liao
Five Packs established 1899? Or changed somehow in 1899? Additional pacts made at that time?
Tanka boat people

So, because Akira is listed as an inspiration for Deviant I decided to look at wikipedia for a synopsis. I can't follow what's going on there at all. What the fuck happens in this movie?

Ever seen Chronicle?

Basically that but anime

Thanks again, man.

Pretty much this. No such thing as an apolitical theme. Even something as mostly neutral as GURPS has Pacifism as a Disadvantage, itself a minor political statement.

I wish people would be more honest and say, "I do not want to play games that do not mesh with my personal political and worldview and aesthetic" as opposed to "These games have an agenda".

Okay, trying to watch this. There are midget zombies, and one of them is Brando.

>There are midget zombies, and one of them is Brando.

I don't think we're talking about the same film...

Of course there is a meaningful distinction: an agenda is undertaken to change the real world. A theme is something people simply want to play. It's not like people who write settings where being a hero is hard don't want there to be heroes. Or games where the players are playing "evil villains" means the designers want more evil in the world. You would have to post regularly on tumblr to believe that.

Where as an agenda is just things added that aren't part of the themes of the game, simply to push real world social and political ideals that the writer subscribes to.

Speaking as a gay man myself, fags need to keep it to themselves sometimes. The Social Justice movement is getting taken to ridiculous places.

I believe that people of all different identities should not be shunned, but that doesn't mean that all media now needs to cowtow and include exceptions and needless mentions of our sexuality. We're a vast minority of people in the world, and yet every thing now has to feature the same magical gay character that can solve everything with their hyper competent advice. The over correction of the SJ agenda is just as annoying as negative gay stereotypes.

But that's getting rather far afield. The main problem here is that a promising game might have decided to devote a page or two of limited space to make sure otherkin and trannies didn't feel left out when they didn't get mentioned. Even though the majority didn't get a mention here either.

That's what I'm worried about, and why I asked. If it's just a misguidededly long statement of "play what you want, work it out with your group", I can deal. Can anyone shed some light on it?

Weird short guys with blue shriveled skin, and the one in the floating chair kind of sounded kinda like Don Corleone.

......no

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronicle_(film)

Nah, I've seen that, I decided to watch Akira.