ITT: People you would not want to play a tabletop game with

ITT: People you would not want to play a tabletop game with

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GzlriQv16gg
youtube.com/watch?v=Pv0aljC1MjI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Meta as fuck thread you got here.

Would be cool to have him at the table, but would probably make the most Mary Sue-ass character

Well, I would play with her...

As a player, he would just argue about alignments the entire session and that his character's obviously evil acts aren't actually evil and it's the alignment system that's broken and inaccurate. He would also berate the players of actual good-aligned characters for their selfless acts and how they take away the accomplishment of overcoming hardship from the people they're helping.

As a player in a system without alignments, his character would perform all sorts of shady acts and justify it as ruthless pragmatism, or say that his character is a superior ubermensch and deserves more than the rest of the feeble masses or some shit.

As a DM he would present plots with ham-fisted clumsy symbolism and force us into scenarios of questionable ethics and morality, and try to "teach us a lesson" about how heroism is dumb and goodness doesn't exist, and probably call us moralfags when we get mad at him for his crappy no-win plot where the villain turned out to be good all along.

Nothing but whores and moral ambiguity and unnecessary violence, while "reinterpreting" beloved NPCs and completely missing the point of what made them good. Also a heavy dose of strawmanning and forcing real-world politics into an inappropriate setting.

Am I supposed to know who any of these people are, or is this thread just one giant in-joke?

I don't know who all of them are, but I know who most of them are. Stop living under a rock, user.

Sorry, the Zack Snyder and Frank Miller posts are mine. I meant to identify Frank Miller there in mine but forgot, but Snyder's name is in the filename.

At least I'm better than the rest of these people and actually give reasons.

I hate hipsters

Is Frank Miller the guy who looks like a skinny Rocky Dennis?

Yeah, the one who looks like a cancer patient.

Black "people"

Here you go:

- Marisha Ray
- Ryan Gosling
- David Bowie
- A. Faggot
- Reggie Watts
- Zack Snyder
- Frank Miller
- Ian Bates

>Ian Bates
No it's Red Shirt Guy

Who's name is Ian Bates.

> - David Bowie
Shit. I didn't recognize him without all the glitter.

I would DnD with this man.

He doesn't get a name

I demand this man with him!

this piece of shit is perma banned from my table for life

smug fucker can go to hell

Nobody loves his self-insert more than him.

Myself.

The man who single-handedly destroyed tabletop gaming.

>Not recognizing the godlike cheekbones and the one eye with a permanently dilated pupal.

Bowie's face is distinctive as fuck, if you can't recognize it you should talk to a doctor.

But user, he's already long dead. H... have you seen him recently? If so, it's probably a lich. Watch out for that.

This dipshit is never allowed to play D&D at my table.

Worst roleplayer ever.
She just kept shouting incoherently and knocking the dice all over floor.
Fucking bitch.

Dude Hellen Keller is easily one of the most intelligent people to ever live

I'd play a game with her, but she wouldn't want to play one with me, on account of the fact that I would never stop hitting on her - not even she started hitting me with that staff.

>mfw he used to play

I can imagine him being a right cunt to play with.

My old group. It was half that guys and I was foreverDM

If she was so smart then why couldn't she see, hear, or speak? Sounds pretty fucking retarded to me.
Checkmate, dumbass.

Also ITT: Punchable faces

shut up, boy

Fuck, he'd probably just complain that his intern gave him the wrong synopsis on the rules

She learned how to speak despite being blind and deaf

youtube.com/watch?v=GzlriQv16gg

>implying playing with him wouldn't be an explosive experience

Steven Hawking can't speak either, and nobody would question his intellect.

Basically those people mimaxed Intelligence so hard they even gave up some basic abilities for it.

>Basically those people mimaxed Intelligence so hard they even gave up some basic abilities for it.
Naw that's some autists, hawking just had a disease, probably isn't/wasn't autistic

Also became one of the Soviets' useful idiots.

>A. Faggot
Dammit user i was drinking

Why does this woman handle a monk's spade like a lap dance pole.
Does she even know what is a monk's spade to begin with.

you don't know who david bowie is? fuckin Veeky Forums man

>falling for one of the most obvious baits I've ever seen on Veeky Forums

>Had
You do realize he isn't dead right?

Thought he finally went full lich. My mistake.

I choked on my water

What's the cybernetic version of a lich?

Jesus, that's Frank Miller? What the fuck happened to him? Last I saw him he looked about half as old ...

I imagine you hate a lot of words you don't know the meaning of, dumbass. Idiots are always defensively proud of their ignorance.

Can we derail this thread, and just talk about Marisha, why viewers seem to dislike her?
What's the fa/tg/uys' take on this?

>druid princess, big time mary sue
>sleeping with DM, special treatment
>terrible RP and never shuts up.
>her personality is indistinguishable from her character
>critical role has its moments, but every time she talks I lose interest
>seems like a decent person, just can't stand her on the table

>>terrible RP and never shuts up.
>>her personality is indistinguishable from her character
>>critical role has its moments, but every time she talks I lose interest
>>seems like a decent person, just can't stand her on the table

These are the ones I have trouble with. She is OK, until she decides to RP. And then it is just painful as fuck to listen to. Real cringe territory for me.

Everyone else is fine for the most part. But when she decides to speak in character it is just drowning in 'look at me, I am special emotional Mary Sue'.

yeah I have no problem with her as a person whatsoever.
she's obviously passionate about the hobby and does charity work.
her RP is just overpoweringly annoying.

My issue with her is that while other players manage to have moments of dialogue and interaction, those come off as drama.

When she roleplays, it comes off as her trying to "fake" drama, like someone who doesn't really understand what gravitas is.

youtube.com/watch?v=Pv0aljC1MjI

She seems to play emotionally inappropriate responses and an aversion to intimacy as her go to. Also drunk.

She's lost a lot of weight since that.

Is this some type of streamed boardgame attention whore begging for donations thing? Because fuck off if it is.

sums up the typical manhating routine.

So you don't think her character is a problem? A whiney insecure whimp princess? I am okay with her quest to become the leader of her split living people but does she have to be such a downer? Seriously, it's like the character doesn't know what fun is...

>gravitas
All valid points. But I see Liam pulling VERY similar shit, often misreading situations, and making them out as more dramatic/tragic than they are. Why does no one have a problem with him? Hell, even being an impartial devil's advocate I prefer his RP as well.
My belief is that this is because Marisha manages to be an SJW ingame, and super fucking selfrighteous a lot of the time, all while either misreading the situation, making her come off as trigger happy to jump to conclusions, or simply imposes a sense of 'justice' that is completely unviable in the world in which their characters preside.

One of the whores turned out to be a succubus. He barely made it out alive.

hey hey hey, we're only talking about one character
>liam does RETARDED shit and commanders the party with bad decisions. so helm be praised i agree with you.

Apparently this is something I haven't heard of, and my Google-fu is failing me. What is this referring to?

user was clearly joking, I have no idea how multiple people fell for something that wasn't even bait.

God is slowly killing him for how he wrote Superman in DKR.

>So you don't think her character is a problem? A whiney insecure whimp princess?

This is one of those times I'm not drawing a hard line between character and player in regards to how they RP. The biggest problem I see is that the player can't seem to figure out what RP is without DRAMA!!!1! I swear she may hyperventilate one of these days while on the show.

Look, you aren't going to be able to argue me in to thinking Liam's character is well done. If I had to guess I would say that Liam was going through some bad times during character creation and this character is his expression of his inner twelve year old edgelord - your basic 'always sitting in a corner' combined with a 'I wanna be in love' character.

The guy i enjoyed the most was the guy that played the dragonborn. He was fun at least, and tended to be in character far more than the others (and his character tended to be something other than himself). But he was a tool one time too many, with some off table drama toolishness, and he is gone.

>Spends five minutes talking about how much of a good feminist he is for making his fighter a woman
>Laughs at his own 'witty' dialogue
>Pitches a passive-aggressive fit if the plot doesn't go *exactly* the direction he wants

>>Pitches a passive-aggressive fit if the plot doesn't go *exactly* the direction he wants
So he is a good feminist then?

He's a modern feminist anyway

You're a feminist.

>Her rp is cringy as fuck
>Has to insert her character's loldumb moments into another character's spotlight

It's probably not up yet but if you watch the most recent episode of critical role you'll see just how bad she really is in the first 40 minutes

Stan Lee needs to drain vitality.

Not want to play/ not allow
>womyn
>brown people
>the cool kid stereotype a.k.a. Chad Thundercock
>mentally ill (ponyfags, furfags, moefags etc.)

That was so awful to watch

>Liking orion
He was the one person worse than Marisha

>Can we derail this thread, and just talk about Marisha, why viewers seem to dislike her?
The viewers do not like her because her character is literally unbearable and the only one to even come close to calling her on it is based Percy.

Which is why i'm anticipating the 'Taliesin wants to make time for other projects so he's leaving' episode.

Orion was great.
Though your story isn't really syncing up with the first hand information he gave as to why he left the show. Do you have any evidence to back up your claim that it was due to 'offtable drama toolishness'?
Others are also welcome to interject any sort of evidence if they have it on hand.

Wheaton has a tendency to get the rules wrong when he's doing a show about a game, and when called on it will make a massive, rambling wall of text blog post throwing his producer or interns under the bus for not giving him the right cliff notes because he's a busy guy and doesn't have time to learn games and it's not his fault.

Rather than just admit he made a mistake, like all people occasionally do.

Yeah.

>/pol9k/

How does this even happen? /r9k/ is a "degenerate" hellhole, shouldn't government-funded NEETs and Internet pretend Nazis hate each other?

Anyway, I would not want to play with this guy, because he's autistic.

You don't know who David Bowie is?

Let me guess, you do know who Luis Scott-Vargas is, right?

Jesus fucking christ. How does somebody not know who Bowie is, was, will be. Fffffuuuuck.

It's true. As far as I can tell, /pol/ does dislike /r9k/, on the whole - but it hates the root cause of /r9k/'s degeneracy more than the degenerates themselves.

And /r9k/ loves /pol/ because /r9k/ are some of the most disenfranchised people in the entire world, and /pol/ is full of people who aren't telling them they should be ashamed of themselves because of the way they were born.

So there's a bit of cross-contamination there.

I think that'd be an uploaded consciousness, no?
Or would a brain-in-a-jar cyborg be considered sufficient for cyber-lichdom?

>SJW admitting to making mistakes

To play devils advocate, he will flagellate himself until he bleeds if a progressive woman calls him out on social media, and blanket censor any of his wrong-think :^)

Hello, Reddit.

Shut up, Wesley!

>Hello, Reddit.
Can't speak for that one guy, but I don't use reddit.

Can't make head nor tails of how their posts are shown.

Do their posts appear in reverse order, most recent at the top? Who can read like that? Ugh.

Felecia Day. Fuck her and everyone who tries to pander to that queen of the nerds shit. Especially you, Wil. Fucking faggot.

>You're feeling it now aren't you...what the rest of us live with everyday...the weight of your own mortality.