THE FATE OF US ALL

THE FATE OF US ALL

LIES DEEP IN THE DARK

Is it ever specified that Melkor is giant? I hate how the proportions are always so fucking stupid everytime someone draws this scene.

It's pretty clearly implied that he's a big guy

Dark Souls.jpg

TIME STANDS STILL ON THE IRON HILL!

The Dark Souls protagonits didn't looked like pansies.

Yes

It's literally said that he's "tall as a hill" and that his hammer makes craters whenever it strikes the ground

Sorry, not a hill, a tower. It's his weight that is described as a hill. I think there also are some comments about his height earlier but I'm not looking for that

>And he issued forth clad in black armour; and he stood before the King like a tower, iron-crowned, and his vast shield, sable on-blazoned, cast a shadow over him like a stormcloud. But Fingolfin gleamed beneath it as a star; for his mail was overlaid with silver, and his blue shield was set with crystals; and he drew his sword Ringil, that glittered like ice
A better thing to be anal about is that fucking EVERYONE draws Fingolfin as blonde, for instance

AND TIME STANDS STILL

AT THE IRON HILL

>That was the last time in those wars that he passed the doors of his stronghold, and it is said that he took not the challenge willingly; for though his might was greatest of all things in this world, alone of the Valar he knew fear. But he could not now deny the challenge before the face of his captains; for the rocks rang with the shrill music of Fingolfin's horn, and his voice came keen and clear down into the depths of Angband; and Fingolfin named Morgoth craven, and lord of slaves.

Well Tolkien's version of elves are based on the Norse version, which are primarily blonde supermen.

The bigger problem with Lord of the Rings and the Silmarillion is people portraying the Elvish men as effeminate, when Tolkien elves are muscular.

Probably my favorite part of this whole story.

For some reason people usually get it right with Feanor but not with Fingolfin

>alone of the Valar he knew fear
The others didn't know fear? Weird, I feel like I should've noticed that before. Is that supposed to parallel man's fear of death somehow?

I think it's just the weakness Morgoth's corruption carried with it. Even as the second most powerful being in the universe he's still a coward, whereas the Valar are still attuned to the Music and the image of Eru, so they have no reason for fear

Sauron is also afraid of Aragorn when he shows up with a couple of men outside Barad-dur

>"Hey asshole, c'mout and fight, YA PUSSY!"

I always imagine that Morgoth's cries from being hit were a litany of curses and peter griffin-esq moaning
>Shit cock sucking shit! Ahhhh hngh FUCK
>My fucking ankle you piece of shit! HNNNG ah HNNNNG
>OW fuck, wait for my to get up you little prick GAH fuck HMMMM you bitch why would hit me there you cunting fucking elf bitch piece of shit HNNN hnnnng
>HNNNNNG AHHHHH SHIIIIIIIT
And all of Mordor looks on, cringing in embarrassment for their dark lord.

I believe the entire reason Morgoth went out at all was he didn't want to look like a wimp in front of the help.

Like I'm imagining Sauron and Gothmog giggling behind his back until he finally throws his hands up with frustration. 'You want me to stomp a fucking Elf? I'll stomp a fucking Elf!'

Than he comes back with a limp and claw marks on his face and everyone keeps laughing.

>blonde Fingolfin
I want this meme to end