Is a replica that surpasses the original item a replica at all?

Is a replica that surpasses the original item a replica at all?

Other urls found in this thread:

waitbutwhy.com/2014/12/what-makes-you-you.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yes.

Is a pristine replica Constitution of the United States worth more than the aged original?

No, it is a derivative work.

Trick question. Constitution of the United States is not worth a damn.

Its worth literally more than you and everything you own.

By tautology, yes.
It's also not a very good replica if it's better.

That doesn't contradict what I said.

Technically the correct term for an improved replica (at least in the automotive world) is a restomod

If she doesn't please old men for gems, does that mean she surpasses >Rin?

Only if she can accept that Sherro loves Rin & will never lover her.

Mongrel!

S-s-shut up! At least, she still has her anal virginity. ;_;

What did he mean by this?

Another fateshit thread? I thought /a/ was for this

>waaaahhhhh people like things I don't like
Fuck off.

Hey man you can eat all the shit you want, just do it in the shit restaurant.

An item being an improvement from the original doesn't mean that it's no longer a replica. If it was designed specifically to be the same as the original but just so happens to be a bit better then it's still a replica, just one with an unintended upgrade.
You have to admit that this has nothing to do with Veeky Forums.

>anime is shit
Ok kid.

Depends on the item, and the replica.

Yes. If something is made to be a copy of something, it is a replica, regardless of difference in quality, even if that difference is positive.

That's a bad thing. Rin lost her virginity to Sherro and she's happy about that.

Hillary pls go

Something something I don't wanna murderhobo anymore.

Was it made to resemble the original? Then yes.

Anime is fine, it's just the Fate/stay crap.

Isn't that what prototypes and production models are there for, in effect?

Shut the fuck up Nisioisin.

Yes. Originality is about position in timeline, not a quality question. I have more interesting question. Suppose the original item was a copy of it's replica, which was sent back in time. Which one is the original, and which is not?

Like all things in life, it's only worth what we believe it's worth.

Supreme Court pls go

Imagine you have an axe. The axe gets used a lot, and so occasionally needs maintenance: a new wooden handle, replacement leather for the grip, a new iron axehead, and so on. Eventually, the axe will have no original components left.

The question is, after all that maintenance, is it still the same axe?

Of course.
To be is to become.

Isn't it just saying that ULB is something that only exists because of his unique experiences and mindset. Only someone as twisted as Shirou can make a reality marble and it's built from all of his experiences and represents what how far he's willing to go for his dream.
That's what I thought at least.

Yes. Continuity is important for self-identity, not such measly things as "body" or "brain".

waitbutwhy.com/2014/12/what-makes-you-you.html

Imagine you have cells. These multiply and die and are constantly being replaced.

If all of your original cells are replaced by new ones, are you still you, or are you a clone of you that thinks you're you?

That is almost literally what you just asked.

In that it's value is measured by a different measure than quality, sure.

Yes. It's a a replica that's better made.
This is one of those things that when translated into English is completely nonsensical because we actually CAN describe certain things in ways the Japanese language literally had no syntax or words for.

I don't know. Let's ask the best replica what she thinks.
>"Of course, I do love you. Isn't that how you made me?"
Yeah, seems like it.

>implying NiSiOiSiN cares for such petty thoughts like replicas surpassing the original

This is a case where the legal identity of the object is considered immutable for convenience's sake.

As in, if that axe is stolen, they aren't going to look for the axe that looks like the one your ancestor first got his hands on, just like they aren't going to throw you in jail for identity theft on the grounds that you don't look like your baby pictures any longer.

Yes, as it was not the original, even if it improves upon said original. However, even if it is a replica, that does not detract form it's quality or power. In most cases at least.

That his life, mind, purpose and very soul was consumed by his power. After he made the deal to become a Counter Guardian, his entire existence was one slaughter to the next, and everything he did became the use of his Reality Marble, to the exclusion of all else. I think that's at least part of it. Also everything this guy said

That's literally 1/3 of Nisemonogatari...

Archer a shit
Gilgamesh a best

I suppose that someone who was gifted every Noble Phantasm in the world is better than someone who works hard to create them back to reality :D

Dumb pseudo-philosophical question of no relevance whatsoever.

Imagine the universe is made of subatomic particles.

Every Planck time, all of these particles dissapear and an identical set of particles appears somewhere else.

If all of the subatomic particles are gone, and new ones appear minute distances away, is it still the same universe?

>Zeno

Reality Marble is when you substitute reality for your own, because you are crazy enough to just disbelieve reality.

Shirou is crazy. His entire soul is UBW.

Steel is his body, fire is his blood.

That VN sucked so hard.
Remember the magical jizz powers of shiro....Yeah...

the replica chooses it's own destiny

Why do /v/ faggots always post the kiddy version of Solid Snake?

which version do you prefer?

So why is the 2/3rds god projecting

>This thread is still up