Would you play pic related Veeky Forums? As a DM would you allow a character combo like this?

Would you play pic related Veeky Forums? As a DM would you allow a character combo like this?

If its two different people playing the characters sure.

Pretty much every group I've ever played in I was an elf-raping, leg-chopping off son of a bitch

i had a DM let me play an orc and another guy play a gnome caster who sat on my back.

>I'm the brains! And I'm the brawn!

Even if you could play a half-orc-half-elf, this is not what it means.

Yeah, I'd give it a shot, because I like a challenge.

As DM I'd let one player do it if I trusted them, otherwise I'd split the character between two players. Obvious choice if two buds/partners want to do so.

Personally, I want to play as these two sooo bad!

DM did it to my character's spouse, but I'm pretty sure would never allow a character like it.

No and no. See pic related, #4.

Characters dependent on one-another, in my opinion, get tedious quickly. TTRPGs are a group effort, and doing something like this is essentially two players putting in half the effort to make a "single" character. If split, the players wouldn't be having much fun, and I'd rather avoid that.

Duos like Rosencrantz & Guildenstern is no problem, but something like that is too much in my book.

If it's a single player portraying two characters at once I'd need to know the player pretty well. Trying to play two characters at once is a handful, and I'd need to trust the player to not drive themselves (and the rest of the table) crazy.

>48201195
i plan on doing this with my halfling archivist
got a friend playing a barbarian and im def gonna run barter town

You have a point, though I think it could work well for a one off game. It'd be amazing to see what a duo like this would be like if they survived to high level.

In a Dark Sun campaign, years and years ago, we started off in the slave pits, about to be sent into the arena (as one does). I was playing a Psionicist, who was fairly scrawny. Since we were unarmored, the Mul fighter got the idea of lashing me to his back, so that I would be less vulnerable, and could maybe snipe effectively.
This worked out better than it should have, in that we both survived.

But neither of them have the looks

So long as this applies
And their compatibility and hilarity in banter stays above a certain threshold i'll allow it.
If one dies that does not instantly mean the other does as well so plan accordingly.

Let's make modest amounts of money?

That's fucking retarded.

See this is why videogames are better, you can just ignore or kill those kind of "companions".

My current group has the paladin ride the wild-shaped druid into battle so it's fine by me.

only in Strike!rpg would this worked, and it would be kinda dumb one, if it was pic related

yes.

MAS Y MENOS SI FOREVOS

I'm the GM and one of my players took up the master blaster concept-- except rather than 2 players, he has his cohort from the Leadership feat carry him into the fray.
It's an interesting dynamic and I actively encourage players to do unconventional things like that if the end result is characters with more development into them than the typical murder hobo.

Our gm did allow this. I had a character who got a leg blown off and the other fucked up permanently. He was slow as shit but there was another character whowas stronk as fuck so we created a sadle for him. My character road on his should firing a revolving shotgun while his character swung a huge axe about.

Rode*

Not interested in playing, no. But I'll DM for it. (5e here)

Homegame: The elvish character counts as "small" for purposes of riding only, has a walking speed of 5 ft, and has the "prone" condition whenever not using a mount. The orcish character counts as an intelligent mount and adds the elvish character's current weight (pre-amputation weight *.6)

AL Play: Same, but the elvish player cannot actually play an amputee at the table unless they have a story award that specifically allows them to. They may, however, select one of the small PC races instead if the orcish player wishes to play a half-orc, or they may remain a medium sized creature if the half-orc is willing to role a Goliath instead, as Goliath count as large for "carrying capacity, and the weight you can push, drag, or lift" Regardless, the ridden character must carry the whole weight of the riding character.