Would it be possible to create a "Wargame" for Soccer?

Would it be possible to create a "Wargame" for Soccer?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subbuteo
youtube.com/watch?v=C8z5E3qXrMQ
youtube.com/watch?v=sAi42ulb3ew
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calcio_Fiorentino
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Well, blood bowl, is based off American Football/Rugby. So..... sure?

>soccer
You mean football, right?

Definitely. The Football Manager series is basically turn-based strategy.

Check out Guild Ball. It's football (not the American kind) with brawling allowed.

Check out Guildball. It's like Bloodbowl but with soccer.

Guildball thread?

>soccer wargame

Once kids are old enough for conscription, they will have long since outgrown soccer so, maybe a Battle Royale kiddie war? Otherwise, no.

I've never understood how people can mock only certain sports as kids games.

Like, how the fuck does the logic work?

And there is your answer Op.

Also, guild ball thread.

Why nobody told me about this before? maybe Veeky Forums just loves GW sandy cock too much.

Sometimes. But ya guild ball is a really fun game. Ive play warmahordes since the beginning of mkII and guild ball has pretty much replaced it for me. The game just plays so well and it feels really balanced. So far I've never found a match up that just seems so one side that the games over before its started.

You've clearly never played Hunters vs Union, or Hunters vs Engineers.

Hunters player here, what are you on about? They're about on Engineers difficulty level

Well I don't own any of those so that might be it. Although i had a masons vs hunters game where it went on for four hours though. That game was annoying as hell.

What do you find unbalanced in those match ups?

>Masons vs Hunters
>mfw
Played a game of my Morts vs Masons that had Flint and Mist. Holy FUCK was it irritating. The guy I played against was really cool though, so that made it okay.

It's pretty small right now, even compared to stuff like Infinity or Malifaux.

This, it's very tiny. However, the community is very kind, and it's got around 9-12 players on my FLGS's night for it

Isn't it also primarily in the UK?

As a Burgerclap the only place I've heard it mentioned is here.

I think, I'm an American though, it's big in Rochester NY, but so is Warmachine.

Ya flint and mist can be one hell of a combo. Personally I don't like running mist though.

That game against the hunter player was tough though because he managed to keep the ball away while dodging around so I couldn't get in to attack him. And since I couldn't attack him I couldn't generate momentum to remove all the snares. Luckily I managed to keep him on his side of the board. I had one turn though where mallet was fully loaded and couldn't make it to anyone because of all the snares and woods in the way.

Its based out of there but its starting to make it into the Us. Miniature market and Discount games started selling the stuff a few months ago which has helped get it around. I live up in southern Maine and we're starting to grow a nice community for it.

>mfw I play Hunters
Fucking hate Mallet,and yeah, that's basically the goal. How did Jaecar treat you?

In that game I don't really remember. I don't remember the hunter player accomplishing much (it was his first or second game with them so he was still getting a feeling for the hunters). But in other games he's definitely one of the guys I try to either take out first or at least try to keep out of the fight. I always feel he's a bit to squishy. It seems like he should at least be arm 1.

Eeeh, I don't know. See, his whole idea, is a turn 1 activation, to stab the shit out of someone, and generate 3-4 momentum, and then cause bleed on someone. I usually do the 2 damage 1" push dodge, to pull him real close to Seenah. The 1 arm makes him feel, less like he's one to sulk under the cover of woods, jumping out to stab the shit out of some poor bastard.

I suppose. He's definitely a cool model though. Back to the shadows is really nice for being able to jump someone end on the 2 damage double dodge and then another 4" dodge behind rough terrain.

I will say though the one hunter model that makes me worry the most is egret. Flurry and poison on anything she damages is really scary for masons who like to brick up. And you don't even need to give her influence to do it. Just throw blessing of the sun father on her.

what factions do you guys play?

play Morticians.

Fucking terrible at it

Hunters, I'm mediocre.
Don't feel bad. You basically have to be fucking Dio to play them well.

Fucking hate Morts. They almost made me quit the game. Basically require you you to have a push dodge or reach model to stop their bullshittery.

Once the local mort player stopped playing our scene blew up. More fun demos, more fun match ups, less people quitting. He is by far the worst NPE still in the game.

I had to setup a mini "anti-obulous" cheat sheet for all our new players and I dont think the local Mort player liked that and quit lol.

I was about to suggest Guild Ball! Fucking love the game.

Play Brewers, Butchers and Hunters.

Decent with Brewers and Butchers. Absolutely shit with Hunters. Can't for the life of me figure them out and Obulous ruins my fucking day every time.

Rumour on the streets says Obulous is getting a rules tweak.

I think the designers are finally realizing what a negative experience it is to play against a semi-practiced Morticians player that can actually use Obulous.

I'm just glad this board's anonymous.i can never express my hatred for morts because I'm a pundit :P

Also why don't we have a regular Guild Ball thread? Is the TG population not big enough?

The release schedule not fast enough? I mean Warmachine and Hordes has one, there's got to be some cross pollination. I know after our last tournament for MKIII we got a few more people interested in GB. The salt was real.

There was a pretty popular one in England back in the day. I forget what it's called, but looked pretty fun.

Was called Subbuto or something like that. Was huge in the 1960's and 70's

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subbuteo

>play Morts
>mfw Obby just ruins everyones day
It's not my fault he's the best captain, I'd use Scalpel if she wasn't shit!

Fuck, forgot my image. But, look at this motherfucker. Look how goddamn classy that cape of feathers is. His pimp cane is huge, and he just looks like an imposing motherfucker.

>Morts
>Ruining Brewers under any circumstance
What the fuck are you doing with Hooper?

In America soccer is a common sport for kids to play and participate in competitive play, but very few Americans watch soccer, think about it, or enjoy it after they grow outta the youth leagues. So it gets labeled childish like other pastimes that folks grow out of like marbles and for normies comics, board games, and card games.

Have you tried Subbuteo?

>Play Brewers, Butchers and Hunters
My nigga. I play Brewers, butchers and Mason's. I'm thinking of getting hunters. They look like a lot of fun.

We really should just try to get a general going. The last time we had one it just didn't get enough attention. So far this thread has had about double the posts though.

Guild
>read thread
dammit.

Well people question. how difficult is to bring GB if I don't live either in the states or in bongland?

Depends on where you are. I know there's a decent crowd in Australia. Not sure about Europe or Asia though. Although British international shipping is pretty cheap at the moment. And the pound is going down after the whole Brexit thing, so it shouldn't be to bad to order direct.

No, because the point of soccer is to see who can be the biggest pussy.

I kinda have the intention to start with the gmae here in south america since the whole fooyball thing is really big around these places.
also I plan this game be the first miniature game I try.
what's the diference between the regular minis and resine minis? also very dumb question but how do I put my dolars from paypal in pounds?

He's usually getting puppet mastered or forced to activate first, but Brewers and Butchers have no problem with Morts.

The best way to deal with him is two get two chars on him. Base to base contact still counts as in after an Unpredictable Move, not intuitive but I will take it.

Hunters don't have that point and smash dmg output so Morts roll me. Jaecar is surprisingly easy to account for since he gets max Influence 4.

time ago in the 70´s-80´s I remember one tabletop game was the sensation in my country (Mexico, was a soccer nation in that years, more than actual years) the name of the game was ¨Chuta-Gol¨
the possible translation for that is ¨Hit-Gol¨
this was one of the little ones in the game, has a simple mechanic in it
Pic Related
I will summit another tabletop with another mechanic, just wait

The another One game was: ¨Pro Action Football¨
this one has a magnet system in it, no pics this time, but one link yes...
youtube.com/watch?v=C8z5E3qXrMQ

One Bonus:
youtube.com/watch?v=sAi42ulb3ew

That definitely reminds me of Subbuteo

My store actually has weekly events for the game, strangely enough. It depends on where you are of course. I want to get into the game due to the very low bar of entry with Morticians or maybe Brewers.

I am in the US just for clarification.

Fuuuuu keep responding to the wrong post

I've never used PayPal so I can't say, but I would think it would handle it automatically. Try googling it.

As for resin vs metal, metal is the default. It's a heavier and a bit more fragile. If you were to drop both the metal one would probably break at the joints (where you glue the parts together, not the individual pieces). Where as nothing would probably happen to the resin. However if you accidentally bump them or the table the metal won't shift as much as the resin. The resin models are also more expensive by a few dollars. There's also some debate about which one has better detail but it's kind of a minor thing. Both of them have really good detail as is. The last thing is the starter boxes are all metal so keep that in mind. The starters are really good because it gives you three players you want/need for the price of about two players.

Overall resin vs metal isn't a big difference. As long as you're careful and don't drop things the breaking won't matter. I've been playing games for six or so years and dropped maybe 3 models.

interesting. better I take my chance soon and bring few packs of these guys while the pound still running low. the only thing it drops from my hands are often dies so I'll guess the minis will be alright.

And like I said, as long as you're careful and not throwing them around they'll be fine.

What teams do you suggest to look for? also how each faction plays? I mean the general description of each faction gives me an idea but is very thin the differences between some factions.

What the FUuuuuuuuck

never heard of blood bowl?

So all the teams can more or less be placed on a spectrum of whether they focus on kicking the ball or killing the enemy team. Either one can win you the game it's just about how you want to do it.

Fisherman are the premier kicking faction.They rely on dodging around and moving the enemy around so they can set up a goal.The have a few models who can scrap but that's not their focus. Shark is their first captain and he's really a super solo. He doesn't support the team a lot but he himself is a great striker. He can easily turn one a goal. corsair is more of a supporting captain from what I can tell. I've never actually seen him played but he does give out close control on his legendary.

Engineers are probably the next most kick focused faction. They don't have the speed or reach of the fish but they have the most range plays of any faction (although hunters might contest this point). Along with plenty of dodges. They also have clockwork robots that are pretty cool. Their two captains are ballista who excels at range damage as well as allowing characters to generate momentum at range. Something that's hugely important to the faction. He's also really good at moving models back at range. Pin vice focuses less on range and more on scoring and robots. Here legendary lets her team daisy chain the ball around the field.

The last mostly kick focused faction is the alchemist. The focus on conditions like burning, poison and bleed. some models get bonuses for attacking models with certain conditions on them. Their captains are Midas who can steal enemy character plays. He's also really hard to pin down in a fight between clone and his defensive stats. Smoke on the hand is about controlling clouds, moving them around, and being even harder to pin down than Midas.

Sorry this taking so long. I'm trying to eat at the same time as type. I'll post these three and try and post the others later or if someone else what's to finish.

Do you have a preferred play style?

that's American football, not soccer

I like to mess with my rival with many status effects so Alchem sounds like my thing but I was told that they are kinda hard to start with because all the tracking required for all the skills.

other thing is that I like to play with buffs/debuffs so I can asure myself a good position while I leave my rival weakened.

Hunters might also be worth looking into. A lot of their models apply conditions on hit or with things like traps. They also have a lot of abilities which let them jump in and dodge away.

Conversly rounders (a kid friendly version of baseball) is popular in schools but never gets played by adults in the UK

its even more expensive than gw. its stupid expensive

>comics

to be fair american comics are strangled by the idiocy of marvel and dc

Like are you joking?

I feel tempted. also I kinda wanted to start with paiting minis as a side-hobby.

oh look a hunters guild starter Box, 6 minis for just 84,95 $ !

That's not a starter. that's the whole season 2 (at least before new upcommings) because they were just included this season.
most starters only contain 3 figs and cost a lot less than that.

And it cost you how much to field a full 2000 pt 40k army?

After you buy that hunters box you can play a full game. Hell you can play in a tournament. The starters for 40k don't even come with an hq.

hey i dont call this a starter, they do, i dont care what they call it, but imo 85 bucks for six minis is to much.

>but very few Americans watch soccer

Didn't the world cup net as many viewers as the Superbowl?

it would be very expensive, but the mini/Dollar ratio would be way better.
also i highly doubt that buing one box alone would make you able to play at an competative tournament

I don't know you m8 but I'm watching the store right now and converting to my local currency it pretty affordable in comparison (at least for me)

Painting is probably my favorite aspect. It really makes you're army feel like it's you're army.

For what are plot cards and the campain deck?

Actually it is a pretty solid team. Some people like senha, who's one of the two that came out after the faction was released, but the box is solid.

The problem is that your comparing these to troopers. These are more like character solos or hq's. They have far more put into their sculpt than a generic grunt.

also I think he is watching the resine minis that are a little more expensive than the regular minis.

speaking of painting you said that the minis are of metal isn't? shouldn't i try to use other kind of paint for colour them? or I'm getting mixed/confused with something else?

I think I should pay a visit to WIP thread and learn how to paint first.

acrylics are the main paint people use. Games workshop has some good paint, p3 and vellajo also have some good lines. P3 is my favorite because you generally don't have to water it down. But ya the wip thread has a lot of good advice.

well I'm off to work. Hopefully his thread doesn't 404 before I'm out.

Thanks for everything user.

Actually you would be able to play in a tournament, whereas any of the 40K starter sets would only let you play at the absolute smallest sizes. A more fair comparison of course would be to compare the figures to individuals dudes in blisters, which GW now charges $30 a piece for.

You doubt it but it's true. For the first month our local Fishermen player placed second overall with nothing but the starter box content (as that was all that was available for the first Month)

It's a fully realized team. They make their money on their other blisters and union that are completely optional and dependent on playstyles.

also dreadball, although that's more along the lines of basketball/ut2k4's bombing run

there's also subbuteo, which is more skill-based than anything, i guess.

anytime mang

How about a game based on Rocket League?

How is Dreadball compared to Blood Bowl/Guild Ball? I mean differences in gameplay and such.

Bloodbowl, but with more randomization in the form of refs.

This exists outside Spain?

Aqui se le llama "Taca-Taca" each football club here have one in their HQ.

US indifference to 'futbol' seems to be the result of our reluctance to consider any game played by little girls a "sport." Also, there seems no enthuiasm in The States for any contest that so frequently ends in a 0-0 score. American Soccer Moms DO cheer enthusiastically. But not because some people are playing soccer - it's because those players are their daughters.

>soccer
>a sport that is played by little girls
u wat
You've seen street futbol matches in Brazil? Shit's brutal, yo.
And while soccer is definitely safer than American football, it's still no fucking joke when an athlete breaks your fucking leg.

bump

I went ahead and made a guild ball general for anyone who's interested.

we call it foosball

Not to say GW is better for whatever arbitrary reason, but they've been putting out "Start Collecting" boxes that pretty much replace old Battalion boxes. These new ones all do come with an HQ of some sort.

Gw has been starting to turn itself around. How much do they cost and how many points are they?

Base it on Calcio Storico.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calcio_Fiorentino

Biliardino? Sure, there's also a 1-vs-1, mano-a-mano, smaller version with just 2 sticks per side.

Daily reminder that the Madrid (international) standard with fused feet and 5 midfielders is RETARDED and GAY.