You have to run a campaign based on the last anime you watched or the last manga/LN you read...

You have to run a campaign based on the last anime you watched or the last manga/LN you read, whichever's the most recent. How does it turn out?

For me it's Re:Zero, so it's pretty easy to adapt in terms of setting. The revival ability would be pretty difficult to work in though. perhaps I could make loads of dungeons full of death traps, rooms with incredibly overpowered monsters etc. and make sure that the entire party revives at the start of the dungeon if one of them dies. That way they can either think up a plan to defeat the overpowered monsters/death traps or aim to avoid those rooms altogether and try a different path.

This should go without saying but courteous use of spoilertags is appreciated.

>Overlord

High level 3.5 campaign where the PC's stomp on everything I can throw at them?

>Dungeon Meshi
Welp, that will be easy.

That would honestly be pretty boring, Re:Zero only works because Subascrub is a powerless douchebag, respawn checkpoints as a power for an RPG party would make the only challenge how many goes they're willing to give it before they get bored.

Berserk... low fantasy, humans only, martials only... My group would either 100% hate it or love it.

> The Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer

Turns out horrible. The premise could worn well as a game concept, but even if the Players are good enough role players to do it justice, there is no way that I personally could ever come close to matching it in quality. Especially since I have no idea how I'd deviate from it, so as not to make it a total rehash, while keeping the overall premise.

I mean, I suppose it could work well, as it's own self contained thing, but I don't think I could ever be satisfied with it. Because I'd constantly be comparing it to the source material, that I hold in the highest esteem.

Eh, you wouldn't really need to have the revival stuff for a Re:Zero campaign. That's the driving plot device in the anime, but it's really a unique thing for the main character, not something defining for the setting more broadly.

You could just as easily use the setting as everyone else experiences it, with the succession crisis and witch cult and whatnot but no revival.

Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku. Re-skin Shinobigami, run a battle royale scenario. Easy as pie.

>Regalia
heavily reskinned adeva I guess

Start at level 20. The party wizard botches a plane shift and they end up at an E6 world. But they keep their level and everything they have. Have fun!

Amanchu. A slice of life about a girl whose hobby is scuba diving and another girl who'll prolly get into scuba diving too because she's gay for scuba girl.

Tbh I have absolutely no idea on how to proceed about this. Maybe the PCs live on the coast town and all dungeons are underwater and guarded by powerful spells that will only allow passage after they complete a slice of life objective. Such as, "confess your love", "become student council president", "successfully waifu the teacher". No combat whatsoever, a comfy campaign.

>Heroic Legend of Arslan

Fuck yeah, just what I wanted. I've been thinking about doing something like that, actually. That animu is a pretty good inspirational material for that type of low fantasy heroic campaign.

I... I would actually run that. I would run the shit out of that.

Not only would I let them have anything goes, aside from book of nine, I would tell them to build a stronghold. Make a rough map of it and everything. Give them a huge budget to play with.

The reason for no book of nine is because the locals might have a few abilities from that. The "martial arts" seen in the anime

Why even have dungeons and shit as some token nod towards bog-standard adventure stuff if you're going to take out combat and all?

Oh hell the fuck yes.

Probably use the Gumshoe system splitting things up into distinct cases with shades of the inevitable terrible conspirasy being cast over many of them. Probably steal some notes from Adeptus Evangelion and swap out a different twist than the actual show's.

>Fairy Tale

Should be easy to run in PF, the party is a freshly minted bottom tier guild who need to start building reputation and recruiting NPC guild members so they can someday become a top ranked guild. They'll need to work hard and be careful not to piss off the magic councile.

I would probably run a game centered around the ADPolice, and not Knight Saber-esque hardsuits. At that point though, it would probably just be like running a Cyberpunk 2020 game where everyone plays members of MAX-TAC.

boku dake ga inai machi.

I guess it will be a decent detective adventure. I'll use WOD: Innocents for it most likely.

Tokyo ghoul

Really fucking easy as long as everyone is on the same side

Baccano

I really want to run a supernatural prohibition-era America game now.

>JJBA
Everyone is a 7ft tall Human with ranks in perform

Have you tried not playing D&D?

>KonoSuba
>only watched it because Veeky Forums reccomended it
Looks like I'm taking my murderhobos and just making them hobos

No user, please, tell me more about this strange concept.
How does one not play D&D?

Load the round into one chamber and fill the rest with empty casings. Spin the chamber and hope for the best.

>perform
>not putting all points into bluff to become the ruse captain

>I Am a Hero
Ohhh boy. Should be fun.

Players would go maximum murderhobo, it'd be glorious.

I think it's better if he plays Polish Roulette.

>Konosuba
Well, just run D&D (probably 5E) from 1st level, but have a table of random mental deficiencies/fetishes for the players to roll on.

I'm actually enjoying this series, Darkness best girl

> Hunter X Hunter
GURPS it is then.
> Make archetype Advantages for each of the 6 Nen User Types
> Make generic skills for each basic applications and principle practices of Nen
> Nen powers have to be extrapolated upon in detail, but you can't use more sentences than your [an individual's personal techniques] skill (I forget the word)
> Making a nen power is basically like making an advantage, and you can use a number of points equal to the collective skill total of your basic principals (Hatsu, Zetsu, Ren, and Ten).

are you me.

>Darkness
>not 'Splosion girl
shit taste

>Darkness
>Best girl
Darkness would be worst girl if it weren't for that fact that Aqua exists to be the worst girl across the entire medium.

>Kizumonogatari
Pretty easy desu.

Currently watching Kara no Kyoukai, stopped on Paradox Spiral. So... some kind of refluffed and expanded WoD?

>Shimoneta
So I run a game where the players join an obscenity terrorist cell and have to avoid using outright sexual phrasing while still accomplishing acts of naughtiness?

Nope, they'd all be caught within the first five minutes of game starting. I wouldn't let it end there, of course, but my players are bad at self-control when it comes to sex jokes.

>time traveling rapist moth girl with phenomenal psychic powers
Call of Cthulhu.

>Dare you enter my magical realm?

>Overlord
Fuck yes, I actually want to play a campaign inspired by this. Problem is im unsure whether I could run it properly, but by god I would love to play one like it.

or
>Re:Monster
...yeah id prefer running Overlord over that. While obtaining monster abilities is interesting, It would be a huge hassle to have a list of things, and all possible evolutions.... but could be fun in theory.

>Kabaneri of the iron fortress
L5R, unrestricted gun use, liberal application of shadowlands taint.

>boku no hero academia
Does that mean I have to deal with Mutands&Masterminds again? I already tried to run a campaign and realized I didn't want to write half a rulebook myself. Oh well, time to make shit up as I go along.

Moribito.

So a vanilla DnD campaign, more or less.

AAAAAAAAAAA

I love the idea of restricting Book of Nines to the locals, it does fit what happens in novel, and the players building their own great tomb is genius. I.. would love to play something like that too.

I got the idea of lv20 x E6 because, if you take a close look at it, the 'system' of Overlord is literally 3.5e multiplied by 5, so that level 20 becomes level 100 and 6, 30. I've yet to see a non-Nazarick character that is higher than level 21, and even if we don't know Evileye and party's level, they already struggled an awful lot against level 51 Entoma - and that was a 5 v 1.

Good question, user, I admit that was a tad bit retarded on my part. I think I did that mainly because my players are fueled by treasure, but it'd be a much better idea to just start the campaign while already giving each of them a SoL objective to try and complete. Bonus fun if they are conflicting objectives.

>JJBA

I'm already running a campaign for that. Last session the party faced off against two stand users with explosion based powers. They rolled so horribly it was almost a TPK

While I think lethality should be an issue in a JJBA game, most stand powers should be more subtle.

>Kumo Desu Ga, Nani Ka?
Well, I guess it might work if you take some of the unaccounted-for classmates and run adventure shenanigans for a while.
Until either Shiraori comes to plant spiders in your brain and/or Sensei seals your skills away because elves.

Shokugeki No Soma

IRON CHEF THE CAMPAIGN. Is there a system for it?

>DanMachi

Oh fuck yes. Classless system, slow as shit levelling progression, vanilla setting gives players leeway to create their character, plus all the gods who haven't been introduced gives the gm and the players some room to flesh out the setting.

downsides? slow as SHIT levelling progression (a year to hit level 2? okay), plus the actual adventuring process is by definition very railroad-y.

I really want to do this.

Most of the stand users I've thrown at the party had more sensible powers, I just thought it would be fun to have something simple for a change.

>simple
>jojo

Doesn't matter if they hate it, as long as you have fun.

>Kiznaiver

Everyone gets to have fun doing over the top anime soap opera thing I guess.

Shadowrun, Pink Mohawk variety.
Probably tone the lewds down a bit.

Most Stands in Part 3 are fairly simple. It's only later that things started to get weird.

The last thing someone would expect in a jojo game would be something that made sense

For me it would be One Piece and I am already doing it. Just use GURPS and use GURPS Martial Arts + GURPS Powers + GURPS Lowtech and I basically had everything I needed in terms of ships and weapons and figting styles and had the perfect toolkit to build the Devil Fruits and Magic through willpower (magical martial arts like slicing fire, launched blades, mirage tempo as well as the three colors of haki).

It's really really fun to just be a pirate and drink and loot and fight and fuck over the world government.

I'd really like to

Running it.
My group might like this

Which Berserk? Golden age or
>*CLANG*
?

Oh, fuck yes.

>ERASED
Well, a neat time-traveling story would be cool, but much like the show, I'd probably fuck it up too.

>I've only seen one anime

What is this, /a/? Maybe he had Cowboy Bebop on his backlog for a long time and only recently came around to watching it? Or maybe he loves it so much he's rewatching it? No need to automatically be hostile.

>No need to automatically be hostile

>spice & wolf

I actually really like the idea of a campaign revolving around economics.

>put your party into a new town
>they hear rumors about strange buyouts or shit
>they have to uncover a secret plot of one of the trading guilds

Far from it. Still catching up on the classics, though.

Yep, it was on my backlog. Trigun's next.

Gundam Seed

first quest kill Lacus Clyne I swear if I hear one more of her songs I will kill my self

>Macross Delta
I don't even know where I would start.

What's a good system for an urban fantasy, slice of life game?

Overall the series is cute enough, but there's not much to do with it from a player/game perspective.

>Arslan Senki
Easy

>LN
LNs are too retarded to be read. Mahjong manga wouldn't be particularly interesting to base a game on, so fuck that.

You know /a/ only pretended to hate Bebop to keep newfags out, and that only in recent years has the userbase become so fucking retarded that they actually dislike it, right? So which are you? If it's the first you're on the wrong board mate, if it's the second you're just a dumb memester or a creature of actually bad taste.

Cowboy Bebop is completely average. It's only fellated so much because it's the first anime of many people.

What I watched:
Tanaka-kun is always listless

How it's run:
It isn't. We all just get together and nap.

I'd recommend Demongate High, but that's pretty niche. The rules focus a lot on combat superpowers and demons, but the premise alone gives some good opportunity for roleplay.

Quality game setup, 10/10 would play

>D.Gray Man
Pretty good, the entire series lends itself to adventuring.

Looks like we're going Goblin Slaying, boys.

Oh boy...

Shit. I don't remember. Berserk I think?
No adaptation required at all, just grab Riddle of Dickstab or ACKS and have at it.

>Shingeki no Bahamut
I make sure that the first few sessions are incredible and then drop the ball and revel in mediocrity for a while.

Anime: Arslan Senki
-Group of adventures hired by the Crown Prince to retake the kingdom. Adventures ensue in low fantasy
Manga: Relife
-Hard to do, maybe drama or slice of life? Each of the players would be subjects of the project but wouldn't know that the rest of the players were
LN: Mahouka
-Players are students of a magical high school. Politics, drama, and action hijinks ensue. The magic system would make for some intresting play.

I don't think you've seen average. Bebop isn't the absolute glorious masterpiece a lot of people make it out to be, but it's a genuinely good show.

>My Hero Academia

Mutants and Masterminds focusing on super hero school, I guess.

Boku no Hero just begs to be a supers campaign. Needs more enemy factions though imo

>Last Mango I read
I just finally started reading Berserk. So that would be a great campaign I think.

>Last Animu
The last one I finished was JJBA, and then I started JJBA:SC. Those would make for a fun game I think.
Other than that I'm also (re)watching Bakemonogatari, not sure how that would be as a game.
And another Animu I watch is Moribito. That would definitely be nice to play too, I think. Hm, thought I'd have some Moribito webms, couldn't find them though.

Can I get some source on this?

>RWBY

We magical burst now

>RWBY
That's like saying Avatar was the last anime you watched.

It's called Goblin Slayer.

Well I haven't watched actual anime in over a year, so it's anime style western stuff or nothing. 'Sides, RWBY is trying hard as possible to be an anime.

Princess Resurrection anime.

We are all the immortal soldiers of one of the royal siblings, stopping assassins and trying to off the other siblings ourselves.

>all Twilight caste Exalted campaign

>A Certain Scientific Railgun

>Players are all members of some group that is part of the Dark Side of Academy city
>Either espers or similarly gifted individuals (a mixture of skill and esoteric equipment like Frenda)
>Are given less than ethical orders by the leadership of academy city (kidnappings, assassination, terrorism, counterterrorism)
>Have to decide for themselves when they've crossed the line and decide to go rogue if ever
>All of them are middle school or high school age

I would totally love to do this if I could think of a system that isn't GURPS to run this in.

I agree. People need to get more comfortable with rpgs that have no combat, no questing, no dungeons, etc.
If you can't enjoy RP that's based in roleplay heavy grounds like politics, dealing with social situations, etc. you might as well just play vidya rpgs.
Good RP is like playing pretend + video games + improv theater.

This is going to be yack deculture.

>JoJo Battle Tendency
Monks vs quasi-vampires in the 20s, sounds fun.
Alternatively
>One Piece
pirate campaign without "casters", sounds fun

>If you can't enjoy RP that's based in roleplay heavy grounds like politics, dealing with social situations, etc. you might as well just play vidya rpgs.
I'm a lawyer, I have to deal with being delicate and proper on my fucking job with dumb as hell clients who probably are better off in prison. I play RPGs as escapism, I probably could do a political intrigue campaign but honestly I just want to run around and murder things, its why my characters tend to be dumb muscle or an ubermensch asshole.

There's a Raildex homebrew

>Tokyo Ghoul
Time to switch it up and play some monsters for a while!