Ryukuza Quest: Protector of Smiles and Youkai Hunter

Stage 124: Sometimes the choices are made for you....

The party that turned into a series of running battles and a short vacation (which also turned into a battle) have concluded with your return home. The penthouse that the landlady has created for you and your family is incredible; he has spared no effort in making your home into a place that is not only comfortable but safe. You'll have to do something nice for her, you suppose, as a thank you, though you're paying an exorbitant fee. On the other hand you should be starting to get some income from your efforts with Chisato's gang of Yagitsune too. Though you could also technically maintain that Clan Ryo owes you for services rendered.

Nah, that would never fly.

The place is done in warm colors, the wood flooring smooth and evenly polished, the walls a soft eggshell white with a single dark stripe of rich sepia along the top. The kitchen is huge, and has an induction stove-top, a well outfitted island with a hibachi grill built into it, and the rooms are separated, but a hallway connects all of them. Two of the three bathrooms (the count of which does not include the master bath, which Kiki-hime is desperate to try soon) are shared by two sets of rooms, while there are two guest rooms in addition to the four rooms that you have arranged for your family (again, aside from the master bedroom).

The furnishings are changed to suit the room, the main portion of which is a large set of couches and settees set in a large U-shaped grouping with a kotatsu in the midst, with two other easy chairs, overstuffed and wide enough for two, face the couch-set, making it seem very cozy. No television in there, which suits you fine since they always give you headaches anyways. There are more spaces for bookshelves and art though, which also suits you fine. A sauna is attached to the more publicly accessible bathroom, which will do all of you some good, you have very little doubt.

Other urls found in this thread:

suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/47472232/
suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/37879167/
pastebin.com/Z53TyK0N
pastebin.com/rZLwzvGx
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Of more concern, however, is your family. Jinyuu-onee-sama is looking slightly careworn, though she is clearly pleased that you have all returned home safely. The injuries you have all suffered worry her immensely, even Yui-niji-chan's, which is a step in the right direction as far as you are concerned. Shoko is very happy to see Yuuhi, and there is even more definition to her rock solid abs than there was before you left; she's clearly not been sitting idly by. But it is Er Yin-sensei that concerns you most of all; Kiku-chan's greeting notwithstanding, it is very obvious that the time to do something about her injuries is soon.

Though her arms and shoulder are well bandaged, and infection is not an issue, the damage is clearly causing her constant pain. There is no doubt that it is also reflected in her pearl; the sheer physical trauma that she has been left with is something a mortal would have been hospitalized for months, perhaps years for, and there is no amount of medicine or remedy that can fix the injury. There is no way to supernaturally repair the damage outside of a kappa's power or divine intervention, and sadly you suspect the latter is out of the question for a number of reasons, not the least of which is her heritage as Chinese.

Despite this, she is smiling and Kiku-chan is kneeling at her feet as she sits in one of the easy chairs. Shoko is on the floor near the table, pouring sake for herself and Yui-niji-chan, while Yui herself is kneeling at the table in front of Akari, who is sitting on a couch and massaging the tall oni-chick's shoulders. Yuuhi-chan is regaling everyone who will listen with the tales of your adventures, while Inau-kun and your sister are making tea. As for Kiki-hime, well....

[] You're going to take her to that bath, is what you're going to do.
[] You're going to join her on the couch, curl up beside her and just bask.
[] You're going to abscond with her to the porch outside, and....uh, talk, sure.
[] You're going to see what she intends to do and follow her lead, actually.
[] You're going to kiss your wife and step outside and think for a moment.

>As a reminder to the returnees and to guide new readers, Ryukuza is mildly psychic and some of her choices will reflect that. In addition, what she chooses is less important than how others will view her for making the choices she has taken. More than one choice may be made, but I do pay attention to ordering of choices and write ins are always given first priority. However more choices taken means longer writing times.

>Sometimes I will interrupt selections with other choices or situations that occur, though I will generally go back to those choices and include them later when appropriate. This usually happens when other characters interrupt Ryukusa's choices with questions, actions, or commentary that distract her. I take player conversations into account while writing, and will often double check to see what may have changed while I am writing.

>Welcome back.

Twitter: @XsQuestmistress

Previous Thread: suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/47472232/

Interlude: suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/37879167/

Threads in Chronological Order, including writeups by XS : pastebin.com/Z53TyK0N
or search for Title: Ryukuza on Suptg

Barrier Combat Guide: pastebin.com/rZLwzvGx

>Ryukusa's Treasures

Her name: Ryuu Yorihokura

Eight hundred and sixty-two cat youkai live in your aura

Matagama-no-Shitoki, a kami in it's own right that protects Ryukusa from inimical magic.

Ame-no-Omukade-no-Musume – Ryukusa's mukade possessed wakizashi; a kami. “Daughter of my Centipede of Rain.”

Gendai-no-Muteki-no-Buki - Invincible Weapon of the Present Age, a secret kami-blade given to Ryukusa by Wakaba that appears to be made of some alloy of titanium.

Seido no Shinpi-tekina Ken – a mysterious bronze sword given to Ryukusa by the mermaids of Japan.

Go Yūrei no Rensa, the Five-Ghost-Chain, used to summon or send messages to your (actual) older sister Ryuu Nabiki.

Ryukusa's Family.

>Talismans:
Akari – Centipede
Er Yin – Scorpion
Kiki – Toad
Kiku – Lizard
Yui – Snake

Ryu Ryukusa is tall at 5' 8", but this becomes 6' in her true form. She is fully grown. Lesbian top.
Kiku is 5' 1" for ever and ever. Lesbian submissive.
Akari is 5' 3", and has another few inches to grow. Sexuality is weird, switch, cosplayer.
Yui is 5' 8" and will only grow due to circumstances beyond her control. Dyke, switch.
Kiki is 5' 6", and is at full growth. Bisexual bottom.
Er Yin is the tallest at 5' 10" and is fully grown. Lesbian dominant.
Jinyuu is 5' 7" but persistently hovers an extra three inches above the ground or floor because of her nature as a seer. Straight.
Hinata-hakase is 6' 3". Sexuality is terrifying.
Hidesato is 5' 5". Straight.
Kushinada is 5' 8". Straighter.
Taisho Ryoga is 5' 9". Who knows.
Hyun Chisato is 5' 4”, and is fully grown. Lolicon with plausible deniability.
Rie is 8” tall or 5' 5”, and is fully cat. Her sexuality is cat.
Hagyu Genso is 12' 5” standing upright. He is by and large gay.
Mizumi Shoko is 7' 2”, is fully grown. Bisexual top.
Yuuhi is 4'11” and is fully grown. Yuuhi a cute.
Tokei Isusangi, Inau-kun is 5' 3” and still confused.
Reiha is 5' 5 1/2”, and is milfy.
Peta is 3' 2”. Peta is \>.

Finally, Ryukusa!
>[x] You're going to take her to that bath, is what you're going to do.

>[] You're going to join her on the couch, curl up beside her and just bask.
Just takr a break, even for five minutes.

It'r great to have you back XS

>[] You're going to abscond with her to the porch outside, and....uh, talk, sure.
How have you been, XS?

>[] You're going to take her to that bath, is what you're going to do.
Good to have you back XS.

>[] You're going to take her to that bath, is what you're going to do.
>[] You're going to see what she intends to do and follow her lead, actually.
If she has something in mind, go with that first. Barring other immediate desires, bath time!

Really, how could she say no to a nice bath?

XS! I'm so glad you're back! How are things for you? Sorry for not asking earlier.

For the story: I'm puzzled. I thought Ryukuza, or at least the people in the threads, had decided using the appartment building wasn't safe anymore, and that we were heading toward Shoko's underwater castle

Frankly I'm impressed you remember exactly what we were doing last thread user, it's been a month after all.

She probably wouldn't, but she could be following herself into something eagerly before we can offer property.

I think Kiki will follow us to the bath even if we don't offer her any property!
More seriously, that's true of course.

Pfft. "PROPERLY"
Damn typos.

that is partly the plan, but two things have created issues with that plan: one, not everyone is fit to travel in that manner (namely Er Yin, and there are multiple injured as well) just now. Seond, and more importantly, the Edict of the Jade Emperor requires that Ryukusa reamain on mainland Japan until she's completed it - Emma-O can't show up under the ocean, after all.

Is that sarcasm?

Makes sense.

Welcome back XS long time no see, Hope you have been somewhat well all thing considered.

That's fair.

No?
All I really remember is that we got the Edict and was heading home from our temporary vacation, not really any details beyond that.

We have to tell Shoko we want to marry Yuuhi/make Yuuhi our official Samurai

And, I am doing well, thank you all for the concern.

True, though I'm sure she's expecting Ryukusa would want to make her Samurai.

We should do a night out with Shoko and Chisato. Though Shoko deserves her own date night, too.

Hmmm, but they're all taken user. How fun would a night of constantly turning down cute girls hitting on them be?

There is plenty of things to do. We can do things like going leather-clad bikers in Tokyo's traffic.

And we have to progress our relationship with Shoko, too.

>tfw your girlfriend's fiancee tries to seduce you.

#spiritworldproblems

What, and those three as bikers would draw fewer cute girls? They wouldn't be able to move through the throng of swooning ladies.

[] You're going to abscond with her to the porch outside, and....uh, talk, sure.
[] You're going to kiss your wife and step outside and think for a moment.

[X] You're going to abscond with her to the porch outside, and....uh, talk, sure.
[X] You're going to kiss your wife and step outside and think for a moment.
[XX] You're going to take her to that bath, is what you're going to do.

Your wife – wife-to-be really, but you stopped concerning yourself with that particular nicety a while ago, except for the marriage arrangements you'll need to make so you can get your loved ones married, but that's not important right now – is standing behind the settee section of the sofa, watching your family as much as she possibly can. Despite having been with most of them this entire time, save when you would take one or another on a side trip for one or another reason, she seems to be much happier now that they are all together, and she is far more relaxed, more happy than she has been in the past few days.

You slip up behind her, and wrap your arms around her waist as she stands there, inhaling the fragrance of her skin and hair deeply. Cherries, blossoms and wood alike, the smell of your lover, her warmth her soft body; it is good to be home. To your surprise you find that you've missed this too. It's a strange realization that you could enjoy something as mundane as being home and surrounded with people you love and trust, your friends and family like this. It's not something you've ever really had except in very recent months....month? It's only been a month or so. And yet here you are, here they are, and it feels like home.

“I missed this,” Kiki-hime murmurs, echoing your thoughts and voicing what you suspected she felt. “It feels more like home than my home did.”

[] I was thinking exactly the same.
[] The old saying: home is where the heart is....
[] You know, we have a palace too....
[] It's the tea, really. Tea makes the place feel like home.
[] We both have never really had a home before this, I guess....

>[x] The old saying: home is where the heart is....
>[x] We both have never really had a home before this, I guess....
Time for cuddling

>[] I was thinking exactly the same.
>[] The old saying: home is where the heart is....

I forget, what was our timeline for healing Er Yin?

>[] We both have never really had a home before this, I guess....

Extremely debatable - the consensus is ASAP, but the issue with the Edict, whether or not to risk the kappa or find another way, and how tolerant everyone is going to be of you and Yuuhi leaving to deal with it has yet to be solidified.

That's what I figured. I imagine we should probably try and decide exactly what to do after wife-time then.

It's weird to think that this quest has only been going for about a month in-story. It's been around for so long after all!

Gotta make our palace maximum cozy

Can we argue that the edict is best served with our whole team on their best condition? Or is a bit too strict for us to meander even slightly?

>Noted for Ryukusa to bring up to her spiritual advisors.

We know there is some freedome on how to handle the issue of Enma's servants, at least

Man. We still haven't dealt with that young sorceress we have in our barrier.

Man, how long have we had her there now?

About two weeks in the human world, and 200 in hell.

We'll deal with her later, after we've dealt with the eight immortals.

Well to be fair, I dunno if we can count the hell weeks. But two weeks is like half the quest!

[] I was thinking exactly the same.
[] We both have never really had a home before this, I guess....
[] The old saying: home is where the heart is....
[] You know, we have a palace too....

Just a thought, if we can finagle out what that kappa is pissed about, maybe we can over revenge in some fashion. Or something. Figure that kind of angle is better than trying to appeal to his better nature.

*200 years

Well, she could help dealing with them. Having one more sorceror can't hurt

True, on the other hand, who knows if she's even especially strong and worthwhile having on our side for that confrontation. Still, if we get the time we should probably check in on her.

I don't think the Kappa wants revenge, at least for now, he's just pissed at the world.

And appealing to people' better nature is kind of what Ryukusa does. But in any case, the kappa will want a compensation.

Well, she's not particularly strong, but I think she's from China. In any case, any bit of help is good.

Besides, maybe Er Yin could use a nice pupil to talk about Chinese stuff with!

>he's just pissed at the world.
Well... then he might be looking forward to the number we're going to do to it. "Help me take care of those I care about, so I can get to ravaging the world you despise."

It might not be enough to promise it in the future, he might demand we do it on the spot. And I think Ryukusa might just go along with that.

You really don't remember Ryukusa, if you think that.

Well it's not like he isn't going to anyways, it'd be different he had control over anything but the timing.

I think Er Yin that described the kappa as jerks, but jerks who hope to be accepted.

Okay, back from lunch. Let's do this.

>[x] I was thinking exactly the same.
>[x] The old saying: home is where the heart is....
>[x] It's the tea, really. Tea makes the place feel like home.

Possibly a good idea, from what our onee-san said, because he doesn't have a better nature.

We are not ready to unleash the destruction, what we wanted to do isn't even half done. And beside, we can't destroy now, we have the Immortals to handle, as per our boss's and Er Yin's uncle's instructions

Depends what you mean by "better nature". He's not a being of pure evil, just a dangerous youkai

I'll admit, I was a bit unclear on all we wanted to do first. But I don't see how sudden destruction interferes with the immortals executions. Still, if there's a good reason that can be the basis of a good excuse not to do it as soon as he might like.

She said that the kappa was a force of pure malignancy, far worse than we thought it would be. At a certain point, better natures are eaten by their worse halves, or fused into a worse whole.

First, it'll interfer because it's a different goal. We can't focus on those two things at once. Second, Ryukusa is trying to do the right thing by unleashing controlled destruction. Third, he's a kappa, they're not known to want major destruction.

As far as we know, he just wants to have his curse solved, being able to paint again, not be the bait in a trap for us anymore and the sweet sacrifice we probably have to make for his help.

What, our sister said that? Because Er Yin said differently. And Kiku just warned us about deals with youkai

[XX] The old saying: home is where the heart is....
[X] I was thinking exactly the same.
[x] We both have never really had a home before this, I guess....
[x] You know, we have a palace too.
[x] It's the tea, really. Tea makes the place feel like home.

You smile and bury your face in her hair along her shoulder, enjoying her immediate acceptance, the lean of her head to the side opposite to give you access, her soft purr as you inhale her scent and breath warmth along her skin. “What do they say in the West....'home is where the heart is'. It's very true for us, I guess, you and I. Akari and Yui too, for that matter.” All four of you aliens to the world of family and close friends, reveling in this newfound camaraderie. Lifting your head as Kiki places her arms over your hands, you feel her smile even as you smile while Yui leans back slightly and looks upside-down at Akari, making the jade-horned dragonette blink at the unnatural angle she's being looked at from, while Yui asks some inane, ordinary, completely pointless question which seems to baffle Akari.

Others are amused by the sight as well, and you sigh happily, feeling the warm life radiating from your wife's center even as she giggles at their pleasure and happiness. “Wherever we are together is home. I think that it will always be that way for us. Well, as long as they have the proper tea.”

“Tea?” she asks softly, turning to look at you.

You smile and kiss her neck and she squirms just a little. “Home might be where the heart is, but it's tea that makes it a household and not just a place to be at home. Still, this is a home like nothing either of us has ever had, isn't it, hime-chan?” She nods slowly, looking at her older sister and the woman she calls master, then at Yui and Akari, the latter combing the bronzed hair of the latter with a small tortoise-shell comb. “We're not just family. We're tied together by more than karma; it's something more fundamental than that, I think.”

“Red string...?” she asks mischievously, making your cheeks heat up as she teases you for enjoying anime.

“....maybe,” you admit under your breath, Amaterasu's admonition making it unlikely that you'd be able to say more.

She giggles sweetly again, as your sister and Inau-kun serve tea to everyone at the table. You give Inau-kun the slightest shake of your head and she looks confused; you smile and sway slightly, and without any further prompting Kiki-hime sways with you, purring more loudly to you. Inau-kun smiles and ducks her head before her cheeks bloom crimson. “I was really thinking the exact same thing, you know. About missing this.” You smile as everyone relaxes, and talks softly, except Yuuhi-chan who is currently poking Shoko-chan's belly speculatively, and making the oni-child giggle in her all-too-girlish voice as Yuuhi critically says that if she gets any harder, she might be useful as an anvil.

Kiki-hime sighs happily again, and you slowly step away, catching her fingers in yours as you lead her silently from the room. “There's another thing that I'm sure you missed, papered little princess that you are,” you murmur. She smiles, which makes you feel a lot lighter. Kiki-hime was pampered to an extent, but that came with a high price, one that left more scars in her head than on her body. “I have been told,” you whisper as you draw her close and turn her about in a waltz turn, “that we have a very nice master bath.” Her eyes brighten considerably, and her smile is beautiful to behold.

“Oh, have you?” she asks as you half dance, half walk her to the master bedroom.

“Indeed, it is supposed to be better than the one in our palace beneath the sea. We have one of those, you know.” you murmur, brushing your lips across hers softly. She inhales sharply as you draw away, then giggles at your joke with bright eyes and a breathless voice; she returns the fleeting kiss as you draw her back into you. It doesn't surprise you that she slips into the ballroom dance easily enough, though her grace is that of much practice and the innate grace of all dragonettes, rather than your unnatural grace. You and she dance to the bedroom, and you open the door with your tail before you get there, and sweep her inside, and into your arms, once more pressed against her back.

But the sight of your bedroom is what stops you both, paralyzing you in the dance. Most likely for different reasons. You sincerely hope for different reasons.

Two walk in closets, a single massive dresser with a large mirror, and a wardrobe standing off to the side near a folding screen to dress behind. The bathroom is forgotten, because the bed is what holds all your attention. It is nothing less than 'orgy sized'. You might have seen such things in catalogs and movies, but this is the real thing, a bed so big there isn't any classification for it. Pillows, in various pastels and soft colors, silver and white silk and satin sheets, neatly accessed with shining bads of pastel. Draperies held back with thick white silk cord. The bed is even inset into the floor, a ledge that circles it providing places to set food, drinks, or sit.

Sounds like we got a necessary upgrade.
Also nice portraits!

The bed in every way but color matches that of the bed Horobi and his family were slaughtered in.

“Are you seeing this, Ryu-chan?” Kiki-hime whispers breathlessly, marveling at it.

[] Yes, yes I am, my love. (Play it off, it's not the same.)
[] I think it is a little too big, really. (Gentle joke to ease your tension.)
[] Kiku-chan should bless it before we go to sleep, I think. (Admit your superstition.)
[] Shudder and lead her into the bathroom. (Explain in more comforting surrounds.)
[] Um. I think we should consider spending the night with the niji-chan, hime-chan. (No hiding anything.)

Someone emailed me the batch of them while i was ill. Cheered me up nicely.

>[] I think it is a little too big, really. (Gentle joke to ease your tension.)

>[x] I think it is a little too big, really. (Gentle joke to ease your tension.)
>[x] Kiku-chan should bless it before we go to sleep, I think. (Admit your superstition.)

>[x] Kiku-chan should bless it before we go to sleep, I think. (Admit your superstition.)

>[] Um. I think we should consider spending the night with the niji-chan, hime-chan. (No hiding anything.)

That was nice of them! Just the main wives?

>[] Kiku-chan should bless it before we go to sleep, I think. (Admit your superstition.)

>[] Kiku-chan should bless it before we go to sleep, I think. (Admit your superstition.)
Is it REALLY superstition in a setting with magic and spirits and a bed that suddenly appears out of nowhere coincidentally similar to the one used by our past incarnation (oh yeah and with that too)?

I think it's still called superstition, even when 100% provably true. As long as the process of causality is not considered "natural" it fits. Of course when magic is real natural could be redefined, but the normal meaning of the word shouldn't reflect on things hidden from the world.

>[] Shudder and lead her into the bathroom. (Explain in more comforting surrounds.)
This update was really sweet. Would d'awww again.

>I love it, really, but I'm spooked (Explain your fear, but try to not ruin the moment for your wife).
>[] Shudder and lead her into the bathroom. (Explain in more comforting surrounds.)

Explaining is good.

On other subjects, did Landlady add the dungeon we promised Akari?

>Maaaaybe.

If not, we should be patient. It is not urgent after all.

...she didn't add any nightmarish landlord touches to it did she?

[] Um. I think we should consider spending the night with the niji-chan, hime-chan. (No hiding anything.)
>[] Lead her into the bathroom as we explain.

Only the truth for Kiki.

But what if it kills the mood, user?

Adding to [] Kiku-chan should bless it before we go to sleep, I think. (Admit your superstition.)

Mood can be revived.

I like the way you think!

The mood can be regained, then. We shouldn't lie or hide things from her.

>[X] Um. I think we should consider spending the night with the niji-chan, hime-chan. (No hiding anything.)

It's too bad, though, that bed sounded pretty perfect.

Maybe Kiki could change the shape?

We just need to exorcise or consecrate or whatever and the bed will be as good as new I'm sure!