He still plays face to face at some sweaty neck beard's apartment when IRC and dicebots exist

>He still plays face to face at some sweaty neck beard's apartment when IRC and dicebots exist.
>He hasn't joined the online gaming master race yet, where he can sit in his own chair in comfort, write long posts full of roleplaying content and personality, with his bong and some beer near to hand

Do you ever feel sorry for these habitual luddites?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3410945/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

This is a pretty bad troll.

>text

trash thread, delete at once.

>bong
Thanks for proving that only degenerates play online yet again.

>Wanting to hear nasally nerd voice

Gay.

>Bong

>Not smoking some jolly pipe-weed

I bet you don't even have /d/ open in another tab you sicko

You are the cancer killing the hobby.

Nobody has ever even offered to smoke with you, have they?

Why would they? My friends are successful.

I met my girlfriend through tabletop, that's a pretty clear win

>not convening at your mate's crash pad to play RuneQuest over a bowl.

It's almost like you don't have any real friends.

I play a heck of a lot of my games online, but I still enjoy some IRL roleplaying. They create very different experiences, IMO. For me, online works better for serious roleplaying and storytelling, taking the time to put thought into descriptions and dialogue, together with having logs so you can keep up with things and so on.

IRL, meanwhile, works better as a chilled out social experience. If I'm gaming IRL I'm looking for a chance to roll some dice and have some fun with my friends, any depth of storytelling is a secondary priority.

Get a load of OP, not having any actual, IRL, friends to game with.

Haha oh man,that old canard. If nothing else, they think you are such a killjoy you'd snitch on them.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3410945/

>online gaming master race

>Links a TL;DR because he got butthurt on the internet
And I'm the killjoy, right?

>I know your friends better than you
Dumb ass. Kek.

>write long posts full of roleplaying content and personality
Unless it's one of those gay-ass forum RPs, you need to hurry the fuck up and keep the game moving.

You know there is a paragraph called results that explains the paper? I'm guessing you're not familiar with academia...

>Results: Smoking in young adulthood was associated with lower childhood family SES, although the association was explained by demographic and social role covariates. Alcohol use and marijuana use in young adulthood were associated with higher childhood family SES, even after controlling for covariates.

The only good, reasonable post in this thread.

Friends are a meme.

I think telling some kid that drug use increased with socioeconomic status was pretty reasonable...

It says it is associated with higher childhood family socio economic status. Association is not causation. It's basically saying that spoiled rich kids tend to smoke more weed.

Childhood family socioeconomic status.

Learn to read, retard.

Or instead of being a cancerous cityfag/collegecunt they live somewhere where it's hard to get a group together.

First paragraph sums up my thoughts exactly. Logs are a godsend, text builds immersion and in my 100% anecdotal experience leads to better and more detailed roleplaying. YMMV.

>Staring at your picture box in your same old sweaty chair is better than rustling up some good times with a trusty group of friends
Have fun heating up a frozen meal and sticking a spoon in a carton while we're going out as a group to belly up after a game as the fun gods intended.

Wew lad

People who play online have no friends.

This is all that needs to be said.

So people you know online can't be your friends?

>Things that I can't physically see (ignoring webcam) aren't real

Normie or Luddite?

>Not wanting to play a game within punching distance of someone else.

It's almost like you WANT to get harassed by That Guy-type people.

It's way easier to deal with That Guy's online. All you need to do is kick them/block them/close the window. IRL That Guy's are a far bigger issue.

I don't play with sweaty neckbeards

>Not doing both

It's not neccesary, but for a lot of games IRC is fine. If you are doing something crunchier that mandates having a map like let's say PF because you are the one posting an obnoxious anime picture, then having a real table or using something like Maptools or Roll20 would be neccesary. I have done many OSR dungeon crawls over IRC, and agree that actual roleplaying is better, but saying that all games need that is a little too far.

Also
>Dude
>Weed
>Lmao

>ITT: Fa/tg/uys pretending to be normies who have friends

I can't wait for summer to end.

Oh yeah, it's not like childhood socioeconomic status doesn't play a part a grown adult's life.

Anyway just smoke one, you sound stressed out

oh boy because i want every turn of combat to take an hour. yep.

>not having "friends" who treat each other like trash all the time and pretty much just hang out entirely out of boredom.
Fucking normiecasual.

I feel like online via text has more detailed roleplaying and offline has more injokes and simpler plotlines because nobody will remember an NPCs name unless it's written down.

Can't cyberfuck the milfy Cleric IRL so online is best.

>Write long posts
Yeah, because I have the patience to wait 20 minutes while some faceless grognard goes into extreme detail about how the boobs on his 999/10 elf girl jiggle as she attacks an orc.