All-Barbarian Party

If one has a party focused almost entirely on melee-focused characters, is there any real potential for good questing?

Other urls found in this thread:

suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/20013482/
fateofthenorns.com/WP/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why would it not be?

>implying barbarians can't be rogues

Throw in a caster, too

You will all be hilariously good at straight fights until level 10, then you get fucked by magic.

Well what are they doing? If it's a wuxia sort of game where they're fighting other melee things and have ways to deal with a dude with a bow, that's more conducive to that kind of party than a game where everything else is a mid-high level caster.

What are you trying to run and in which system, first off?

>implying barbarians can't be casters

Name a single magical problem that can't be solved by a throwing weapon

>implying Dungeons and Dragons

Barbarians can throw sharp sticks

Do whatever the fuck you want user, tell the GM to try not to give you encounters where you get fucked, then scale up the difficulty slowly and see how it goes

Healing might be an issue

Depends on the system.
Fluff wise it would depend on having a common goal, but would probably be prone to in-fighting within the party.

Build barbarian shadow monk, become muscle wizard

I played through Icewind Dale once with a party of 3 barbs, two berserkers and one ranged character/caster. Shit got pretty messy towards the end but I had fun

Depends if the barbarians are a bunch of well-rounded characters or a bunch of highly specialized archetypes.

>all barbarians
>be the tiny waif healslut of the group
>get railed by multiple barbarians all night ever night
fuel for my fet my dude

>is there any real potential for good questing?
I don't see how it at would at all imply there wouldn't be good questing.
Care to elaborate?

Take me now, bb

>You are attacked by a living nightmare from your inner psyche.

>is there any real potential for good questing?
Of course. I mean what? Of course.

The king's elite monster slayers, knights of the round table, Mortal Kombat/Street Fighter style plots, feudal Japan, soldiers in a soldier campaign, the generals of a barbarian army, new locations to fight in, cinematic fights adding to the narrative, chopping down trees in forests; bamboo in bamboo forests to show your finesse; splintering entire oak trees in dark forests to show your power, running along great walls to knock a ladder over in time, holding important gates in big cinematic scenes, questing to find a lost or legendary sword, questing for the lost or legendary sheath to a cursed sword, and the ever god damn popular sacred quest to kill some evil dude with your sacred quest sword of +3 sacred questing

Why not nature worshiping barbarian druid

i remember a story of a full barbarian party, it was one of the greatest i've ever read, someone should post it

>I am implying D&D

I was thinking the same thing, would post if i was at home

Yeah, big boy give it to grandma

Sure, get a war of the clans campaign going. Different barbarian clans go to war, slug it out over food and women.

As long as they focus on different weapons itemization should be a bit smoother.

>Axe Barbarian
>Sword Barbarian
>Mace Barbarian
>Spear Barbarian

>Implying a real barbarian wouldn't simply beat his own psyche into submission of his will
Are you even trying brother?

What fucking setting are you talking about, user? What system? As someone who plays PnP, you know it depends on those, right? And that it depends even more on the group?

I'm into the being the girl side guys :(

Then I simply kill the living nightmare with a throwing axe from my inner psyche.

hello /metal/ general

>barbarian
>having an inner psyche

Oh I guess you're just an undead barbarian.

I swear to krom I will ruin this fucking fantasy for you

what if I like older men?

Yes.

>suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/20013482/

Stupid barbarians, what about a cloud of magic poison that kills you if you touch it.

Beat it with a stick

Take that!

I want this fetish and the wannabe trannies who can't afford to transition propagating it to leave.

>Not being the buff combat medic who gives sexual healing to fit Barbarian bimbos

>cloud of magic poison that kills you if you touch it

Ya fuckin blow it away. Or are your lungs not strong enough for that?

>It's time to get HEALED
>No, Gorg! No!

Even if my lungs come short, my mighty nether winds will take care of it just fine.

The tale of Gorg the healer, who roamed the land raping people back to health

You come to a cliff. The opposite side is too far to reach, and to travel by foot around this chasm would give your enemies ample time to raid your homestead in your absence.

fun fact: one of the defining features of the original barbarian class was not rage, but its leaping and climbing skills

>shota
im out
I am transitioning

Just catapult yourself over with your weapon.

Good luck, deviant.

If you have enough spears you could tie them together and throw the ladder across, spanning the gap.

Checkmate, magefag.

soon all will kneel before me desu senpai

Well stop it. Not every system is D&D.

Nigga all you need is a girdle of magic resistance and you'll be set.

Honestly, it would make for a better experience. Without the wizard or the Bard to poof or talk away problems you have Players who are forced to think critically about how their characters can make it through this situation. Throw an Arcane Lock against them and see what they come up with.

Newfag here, whats an arcane lock?

Few non-D&D-or-heavily-D&D-inspired systems have "Barbarian" as a class option

Magical Scottish lake

go around it

OP, look into Fate of the Norns.

fateofthenorns.com/WP/

The basic gist is pretty much as you post. And when you die doing crazy glorious viking barbarian things, you gain benefits based on how crazy and awesome it was. Dying heroically is a sort of win condition.

>Full Barbarian party decides to breakdown wall next to door

club the DM for giving an impossible encounter

blow it away with our powerful barbarian lungs

All barbarian is really a no-brainer so long as you plan for ahed of your weaknesses. And it's not ranged enemies you should worry about (though always ensure you have a way to deal with flyers), it's .

Dude, I totally know what you guys are talking about, but I unfortunately do not have it saved.

>Rage
>Jump 150 feet across the chasm
If that's not available because the GM is a fag, then
>Rage
>Throw grapple hook across
If its too far for that have another barbarian throw me, then I throw the hook.

>Rapes deflowered girls back into being virgins

Kill the army,buttfucker.

>can't be solved by a throwing weapon

>Break the spellcasters hands and forearms.
>Rip with your bare hands his/her vocal cords.
This fucks up somatic and verbal components.

i might have it saved, i just need to go through my horrific and unlabeled Veeky Forums folder

luckily i labeled it if this is what you are looking for

Yes. Even in DnD.
Play 4e, have one of them play a Warlord, now everyone has HUGE GUTS RIP AND TEAR in melee AND you have someone who can heal.

>Potential for good questing
Nigroid, you Kellogs?

>tie yourself to weapon
>throw weapon across chasm
See the problem is that you're not thinking like a barbarian. Give us a harder challenge.

Greatest adventure group I was ever in had no spellcasters at all.

Play anima scrub.

Protecting the princess in the tower. The hording gold. The dragon on the shelf in the fantasy book part. The hints were there.
Quality

>not spotting the trans-vampire and trans-werewolf in the 4th frame
>not spotting the mountains in the 5th frame (ideal for a dragon's lair)

>Being impressed by the ability to read

For superpowered killing machines that can walk off a .50 cal to the chest, barbarians can be surprisingly human at times.

This Barbarian thread reminded me I just read a book series called Critical Failures

4 buddies get pulled into a D@D style world, except they were drunk and the fucked up their stats bad

wizard has like a 10 int and 18 char

barbarian half orc has a char score of 1,
which translates as explosive diarrhea during diplomacy checks, and other disgusting things

>What is multiclassing.
>What is the magic initiate feat.
>What is the ritual caster feat.
>What are Dex based barbarians.

NPC's is better

>This is how Jesus was made.

but he had a spell caster

or rather Shaman, he didn't travel with them though

Barbarian is also an archetype you can recreate by most non-class based systems

Runequest at example is all about people we would call barbarians despite having no fucking classes

Barbarians were invented and continue to exist as an archetype only to fulfill latent male homosexual beefcake fetishes. Anybody who would ever choose to play or portray a barbarian is a simpering faggot. True story.

this is why I play a Wizard, and these are robes not a dress!

Passive spellcaster cohorts doesn't count as PCs and are useful if you want to have an only martials party.

>trans-werewolf
Pretty sure it's a minotaur thing going on there.

they cant unless multi classing. but i assume you meant stealthbarian

you mean a castbarian?

you mean monkbarian?!?!

you mean drubarian!?!?!?!11

YOU MEAN HEALBARIAN!

come on guys its not that hard.

forgot to post pic

Would you happen to know where I could read these books without having to pay for them user?

But by level 10 Barbarians have a +2 to saves vs Magic, with better bonuses against death, petrification, or polymorph magic

>the party recieves a letter from a king
>sadly none of them know how to read
>they decide to travel the world looking for a place similar to the emblem inprinted in the letter
they took the letter upside down

Yeah, in Runequest Barbarian is a type of culture/origin for your character. As is civilised and nomadic. Makes much more sense than Barbarian as a class. The class in 3.5 should rather be called berserker imo.

as of now, undecided. entire group wants to play barbarians, after some discussion they said they want an experience like the adventures of OP pic, with maybe some Forgotten Realms and asters of the Universe mixed in