$62mil stolen.. how exactly is this hacker going to cash out?

$62mil stolen.. how exactly is this hacker going to cash out?

Other urls found in this thread:

bitinfocharts.com/bitcoin/address/1EnJHhq8Jq8vDuZA5ahVh6H4t6jh1mB4rq
reddit.com/r/NiceHash/comments/7i0s6o/official_press_release_statement_by_nicehash/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

slow shift into monero or something

Not even a hacker can cash out

kek

By just cashng out at an exchange? Are you dumb? Its a bitcoin address so nobody knows him you inbelieveable retard

wut????

Why cash out? Bitcoin is the future. Only more money to be made and then he can just buy his mansion in BTC

This. Literally just a matter of slowly shapeshifting it and selling the monero since it's actually fungible.

not online

I hope they get it working again. I just got my payout a few days ago so I mostly dodged this bullet, but in the meantime I'm not mining.

Wouldn't you be able to follow the transaction and then wherever he trades for FIAT they could see where his bank account is. Idk, i could just be a retard.

>stolen
More like goxxed

Let's wait for more info about addresses coins went to and so on.
From there, you can start investigation.
>mfw they fell on that trap where priv key is transaction ID
good god, help those people then

This, I just want to see his face when he realizes that cashing out isn't possible.

i just installed this 2 days ago.. i dont have any bitcoins but couldn't get it working.. do i need to worry ?

You can assume they have your all info that you used there, including email and password. If you have the same password elsewhere, change it. Although I guess one wouldn't bother with user data when they have over 4700 BTC.

Lost $160 two days away from payment. RIP.

>too retarded to use mining software other than nicehash
Ebin. I bet you mine whatever is on top of WTM charts too.

so wtf u mining then

Any source on the amount stolen?

people speculate that this is the address
I see 4 tx 1000 btc each

Not telling. I can give you directions tho, on coins I mine network hashrates dropped by 40% and 70% respectively after nicehash stopped working.

there's about 0.026 of my BTC in there

Trade a couple coins and tumble duh?

okay but what about taxes?

IRS is going to see all this money coming out and he's going to have to report the trades he've made to get this $$. How can he report it if he just stole it ?

so basically it's the ones that are the most profitable

wow so hard to figure out

link to story?

You got to give it to him, it's nice to steal 62 million fucking dollars
Good heist

that's assuming the hacker is american

reddit.com/r/NiceHash/comments/7i0s6o/official_press_release_statement_by_nicehash/

Why don't you connect to pool and mine in paper wallet then instead of letting your harware run cold?

Thanks, Im reading up on all the threads I can find, these things are always kinda interesting especially to learn all the ways they could have avoided this.

Yes because everyone who owns and transfer bitcoin is within the USA and under the jurisdiction of the IRS.

nicehash is simple, I've mined a bunch of shit since summer, I like that there's no website account required = no extra account names and passwords to remember. Just in the last 6 months I mined eth, biblepay, mona, sigt, maga, and had to remember passwords for their wallets, the pool websites, and the exchanges to dump them on. I mean jesus christ, I'll trade all that for the downside of having .01btc turn into .0093btc by the time it gets to the exchange.

Insider job. Had .07 stolen

He's just waiting for BTC to become the future so that he never ever needs to convert to fiat.

>look up coinhive, new to mining
>no script blocks it

so how much do mining websites compromise your computer?

hackers don't need to cash out
you can use crypto to buy extremely valuable digital things like 0day exploits or personal data

ill buy your mum for ctrypto
oh wait she's not extremely valuable

Here the Idea for fun page:
blacklisting BTC addresses and refusing funds from them.
Kinda pain in the ass when he start to move them around

minergate is gay, but its super easy to run while you wait for nicehash to start backup, if you have hash might as well not waste it.

thanks user, i'll check it out

By not ripping off their miners?

btc -> monero -> monero -> btc

You see, you have to do it though exchange right?
as far as I know exchanges often asks for your identity.
it can refuse funds from your addresses
Not your key
not your wallet
I would fish for this guy to send me his funds to my exchange and steal it from him

TFW you had to opportunity to steal 3mil from a huge mining pool like Nicehash.

I didn't because it would be impossible to cash out. They paid me for reporting it though.

>having a wallet in the cloud
>not having it in encrypted usb drivers offline

Bitcoiners from 2017 are the absolute dumbest people on earth. They’re all going to lose their money.

Why does Vitalik have three adams apples?

I used a usb stick today (from my brother) to print something on the printer

I found a folder named "secret" and some unnamed file with timezone, date and some random numbers behind there. Filetype is also random strings.

Is that some bitcoin stuff?

I wonder if he eats properly. Every time I see his photos I think like he's starving
he need like +15kg for his body

eth will tripple in the next few days

He is three times more man than you

brainlet

Convert to zencash is the only way

That's the skeleton's spine. You are able to see it from the front due to the nature of his internal structure.

Convert it to zip or .7z and try to extract it.

Extra muscle to carry that bigass head

kek

what the fuck biz i had 200 dollars in this shit

doesnt work. Doesnt open.

Looking at the date its clearly around the time he started with crypto shit

Find a third party who will launder your bitcoin for you. You send your illgotten bitcoin to an address, they send the same amount to a different address from a different address than the one you sent it to. Your transaction chain when you cash out now points back to the launderer, who may have received THAT bitcoin from some other fraudulent transaction, but that you had nothing to do with, so anyone can really prove is that you received bitcoin from an address flagged in relation to some illicit activity, not that you were a part of it.

At that point your playing with money laundering laws though, which are woefully behind, but at some point will probably catch up so that accepting funds from a flagged address is a crime, which would be bizarre because you could then criminalize another person by sending illicit bitcoins to them, which I'm sure they would legislate an out for as far as something like "better send those to the FBI".

But I'm sure someone smarter than me figured out something better.

Paste it in the bitcoin directory.

Just lost about 150 bucks, oh well, hope nicefags operators never see that 60 mil again and have to live in a cardboard box in peru.

I always leave my shit on coinbase or bittrex because im a lazy fucktard

How do offline wallets work? Is it a file thing like the shit I found? Or some random key which you can copy paste. Maybe it is the filename.

And rename it wallet.dat

They’re going to get hacked.

Download the wallet and send it to your address.

Encrypt your wallet with 20ish characters and remember/print the password.

Before you encrypt the wallet use 7zip, compress the wallet and make encrypt it with a different password.

You’ll need like 100gigs of HD space to download the Blockchain before you can receive your coins and encrypt it.

If your wallet is in the cloud it will be stolen, it’s happened countless times already in early bitcoin.