STEAM ENDS SUPPORT FOR BITCOIN

polygon.com/2017/12/6/16742622/steam-ends-support-bitcoin-volatility

Lol get fucked bcore

>it has become untenable to support Bitcoin as a payment option
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA THE FIRST CRYPTOCURRENCY LITERALLY FUCKING WORTHLESS AS A CURRENCY HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

If that's not a bubble I don't know what the fuck is.
>muh store of value
more like muh store of tether pump scam hahahahahahaha get fucked bcore

Nice "source"

LET THE BODIES HIT THE FLOOR

LET THE BODIES HIT THE FLOOR

What do u think will replace BTC?

They are going to implement LTC, screencap this

it's retarded though
They could just add multi crypto support rather than meme bitcoin core

something that you can actually use as a currency

It's legit check reddit bitcoin it's on the front page

Meanwhile, Bitcoin passes 13k due to good news about Lightning Network, which will solve the very issues Steam was dealing with.

NOOO WTF BROS???? AAAAAAHHHHH... MOOOMMYYYY

>Supporting bitcoin and most cryptocurrency is, unfortunately, also supporting the drug and sex trade in places like Russia.

I feel like LTC is just waiting for the perfect opportunity to take over

Due to tether pump, bitfinex and hackers pumping the shit out of it
Ask the average normie if he knows what lightning network is

If anything I would only think that makes the currency stronger. There's actual billion dollar industries backing it.

Delusional Bcashie grasping at straws. BTC price just doesn't care ;^)

Nice, preordered new MTG set for 100k

It's obvious why this is happening. A tard buys a game with BTC then the next few days BTC explodes as it did. The said tard feels ripped off so he goes for a return of his money and since he's only played the minimum needed for a refund he has the right for it but said faggot wants not only the $60 he would've paid for a game but plus however much BTC has gone up. At this point steam is just losing money up the ass.

>bitcoin price doesn't care that companies are dropping it left and right because it costs $20 to move $25
why would you be GLAD that stupid money is buying? unless you sell the top you'll be stupid money soon enough

BTC and its forks have to die. give the place to fucking ripple or something. anything that can do transactions fast and cheap.

STORE OF VALUE

+60$ in fees

dollars

>he murmurs, holding his bcash bag, while BTC hits another ATH

>hello im illiterate
let me post the exact quote AGAIN for emotional investors like yourself
>BTC and its forks have to die.

>it is legit
>check rabies
Top Kek

Something that isn't a slow, expensive and volatile shitcoin with virtually no practical useage

>be me
>create shitty ass mod for HL2 in 1 hour
>post it on STEAM
>collect BTC sales for 3 month
>buy Valve for cash, fire fucking Gabe and finish HL3
>profit

DGB Marines will save gaming

Okay? A single site for man children invalidates a currency?

Meh. You could say the same about dollars or roubles.

Nice concern trolling, cashie

Half Life 3 Confirmed.

I think we're still a few years off of retailers doing anything like this. Decentralized exchanges need to become more robust.

Holy shit this is as important as when Kmart backed HD-DVD instead of Blu-ray
remember how much that ended up mattering

blu-ray isn't a slow piece of shit excuse for a currency

I'd rather use HD DVDs for watching movies than Blu-Ray as a store of value.

REQ, obviously PayPal 2.0.

Wouldn't litecoin have mostly the same issues if it was as popular as btc is now?

Looks like Iota to the rescue in the near future

so? I'm quite happy HODLing my digital gold, why would I spend it?

It has 4 times as many blocks per hour so it can handle 4 times the use.

Probably IOTA if it can prove that it works

*Wheeze*

ETH will be temporary, maybe LTC, the final replacement for BTC will be like the final replacement for AOL. No one will see it coming.

Most likely nothing. I bet Bitcoin was less than 0.01% of their revenue and not worth the hassle.

From Valves perspective replacing it with some more functional crypto currency would not do much good as we well know that only people using coins are druggies and criminals and 99%+ of "users" are just HODLing for future profits.

Trips of truth

Ok, why is REQ paypal 2;0 when literally every coin can transfer value so are like paypal in some way?

Haters gonna hate, but Ripple is so far the best candidate.

this is Jihan and Bitcoin Cash's fault

Why though?
I mean everyone who buys something with bitcoins is a literal retard. Valve made a crapload of money with bitcoins, didnt they?
Every bitcoin is pretty much sold super cheap to valve since price will rise higher in the future.

Anyway I once bought something with btc

>Somehow the system didnt accept the coins
>Somehow adress issues or whatever later on
>Finally worked
>Had to wait multiple hours till I got my shit

That was super fucking stupid. I still hate myself for selling btc that cheap. But fiat still does work instantly.

I think they're just evaluating their risk. They've HODL this long, bitcoin is going parabolic.

How? they want a usable currency with low fees. Bitcoin supporters don't care about fees as long as the price sky rockets.

Cool future currency moving 20% in a day that's like 5yrs of movement for a major fiat

They dont want to make money off of accepting bitcoin. They want to give their customers another way to pay them.

Accepting bitcoin payments would have opened up the need to offer support for a ton of dumb users getting confused and not understanding. I dont even want to imagine the number of tickets/emails they received where people asked them to lower the transaction fee they pay when sending bitcoin. People do not understand the tech.

YComb is extremely aggressive.

Why is BTC pumping regardless of everything?
Because it's the king

It's not that it matters that Steam cuts support, it shows the Bitcoins main use case : to be a currency, isn't feasible in it's current state.

D-DELETE THIS. ITS A STORE OF VALUE GOYIM YOURE NOT MEANT TO BUY THINGS WITH IT SO THIS DOESNT MATTER. Just keep holding your inflationary currency if you want to buy things goyim!

corecucks btfo

>Gabeless HL3
sorry we want the gabe seal of approval

LTC, it doesn't jump up and down $1,000 every hour

XRP will, it's steady low cost, and good transfer.

>valve
>support

never,going,to,happen