Warhammer Fantasy General: "Is GW racist?" Edition

Warhammer Fantasy General: "Is GW racist?" Edition

Talk about all Warhammer Fantasy products and lore. Please be courteous and try to limit your End Times fluff discussion as both ET and Age of Sigmar are considered generally non-canon for the purpose of this thread.

Link to last thread: >1d4chan
1d4chan.org/wiki/The_End_Times (Compilation of all the End Times changes)
1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Warhammer_Fantasy (All pages marked WF on the Veeky Forums wiki)

>Newbie Introduction to Warhammer Fantasy
mediafire.com/download/i330182xo9b1hsi/Rulebook (Hardback).pdf (Download, start reading at page 174 for the story and all the races)

>Warhammer Wikis
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page (Warhammer Fantasy wiki)
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki (Warhammer Fantasy wiki)
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki (Warhammer Online wiki with lots of background articles too. Also AoR is not ded: Veeky Forums for details.)

>Resources(Armybooks, Supplements, Fluff, Crunch)
pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S (embed)
www.pastebin.com/0e6RuQux (embed)
>Endhammer
1d4chan.org/wiki/Endhammer

>9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

>Total War: Warhammer
store.steampowered.com/app/364360/

>End Times: Vermintide
store.steampowered.com/app/235540/

>Mordheim: City of the Damned
store.steampowered.com/app/276810/

>Bloodbowl 2
store.steampowered.com/app/236690/

>Man O' War
store.steampowered.com/app/344240/

>Third party Miniature manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk (embed)

>List of Warhammer recommended proxies
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/

>Rescued WHFRP 2e Fan Material (Please download and post any material you find not in this collection)
mega.nz/#F!apdlzArL!-j3HfTPkpJFu_tk9H0HQ_A

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/ZLp6I
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ossuary
mediafire.com/folder/2qbp22o8ch8qc/Warhammer_Fantasy_Battles
1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_Fantasy:_Character_Traits
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>"Is GW racist?" Edition

This nigga's only discernible features are literally his giant lips.

>pot belly
>giant lips
>peanut head

This is like kkk pamphlet tier.

Dear God.

How does Lustria survive without it's watermelon imports?

Hey folks, I got a shit ton of orcs and goblins from my brother and the Black Orcs are missing like 12 heads. Anyone know where I can get bits or should I see this as a glorious boon from Gork or Mork and make some conversions?

Anyone have the mega link for the warhammer fantasy novels?

Should be the first link in the first pastebin; like 160 novels.

Shit, thanks man. I missed that link

just search for "black orc heads" on google or ebay.

As was mentioned previously, bartertown.

What conversion ideas do you have?

Isn't that just a bottle of pepperspray at that point?

Reposting to the new thread, because shit timing

In 2004's chronicles, along a collection of other articles from WD and wip armylists, there were rules to play the steam tanks demolition derby and a similar game where saurus fought each other in an arena while riding various dinosaurs; I fondly remember the insinuation that skinks ran bets around the games when the slann didn't look.

In the armybook's background Itzl has arenas as its temples and by canonically having played blood bowl before it becoming common in its own alternate universe I believe lizardmen do, or at least did, play blood bowl as another form of ritualistic competition (like when they go LARPing with softer weapons) in the main universe too.

The idea is to take a a few beads/drops (teaspoon if you're bold) and stir it into a big pot of chili while cooking.

It doesn't particularly taste like anything other than being hot so it's a good way to enhance the heat of a relatively mild sauce that you love.

But also you're supposed to wear gloves and goggles.

dont have any ideas yet, gotta think about it

Does you army have a theme?

not yet, I just got the orcs

I think the description of pygmies changed at some point, from black to bronze-skinned, from large lips to almost piranha-like jaws

You know, there was often talk about how to 'fix' Bretonnia and make them more interesting while sticking to their core themes.

Did anyone ever suggest maybe adding some merfolk/sea elves/something-like-that to the setting and maybe giving Bretonnia a Ys analogue?

Its tintin tier.

That's why Pygmies were in literally only one edition, no models sold, nobody used them.

It was just sort of like when if you're at a wonderful family outing and your grandpa calls mexicans beaners in passing, you forget about it and move on. Who cares. Whatever.

are there any elf waifus and human husbandos in the lore? Or vice versa?

A couple of Warhammer novels from the late 80's/early 90's have brief mentioning of them.
But it's not something that pops up in modern lore.

>GW makes elves more anime
>doesn't give waifus
why you dirty britbongs?

greetings from /twg/

Oglah Khan is a title and not a single hobgoblin, right? I think I heard about 'him' from too many centuries.

why is that angel wearing a skull?

Do you have many memes there?

Because skulls are timeless fashion items, why don't you wear skulls of ypur loved ones?

Because this is Warhammer, where even the "good guys" are covered in human skull iconography.

On a more serious note it's probably a servant of Morr - the Old World god of death, who's cult carries out funerary practices, keeps dead things dead, and beats up Necromancers whenever they get the chance.

only the dankest

Bones were popular motif in medieval times.

What are some good sources of info on the magi colleges? Daily student life, titles and ranks, etc.

We already have sea elves in the form of lothern and various colonies (from latest background there are even elves riding flying fish, but you know, mat ward, 8th ed and all that)

I don't see how introducing another faction could help the brets, unless you're implying the merfolks to be part of the brets army, something I'd see as extremely unfitting.

About merfolks, on top of the legends about the fishmen of chupayotl and possible creatures living in the undersea, we have human mutants: The captain of the swordfish, one of the ships of dreadfleet, was sorta like a mermaid.

Kek

I was thinking they should be given stronger French themes, since it's mostly Brittania-themed. Maybe add something that's not so stereotypically medieval fantasy - they're honestly a fairly generic faction in the setting. Maybe include some not!Scots or something.

They're Arthurian based. A lot of the Arthurian 'canon' was established by French writers, and Lancelot himself was explicitly French, so it does fit.

One thing, I suppose, would be more weird and fun powers for knights. I mean, the Arthurian knights had all sorts of weird and zany powers, so yeah.

I still think they could've included some of those legends of France, with Charlemagne and Roland and all the rest. They had a lot of magical stuff (most ripped straight from Greek myth), and the only wizard-knight I've ever heard of. And besides, Arthurian canon being written by the French doesn't really make it French.

I still think not!Scots would be good, or maybe some Welsh or Saxon aliases. Some surprisingly well-trained shield-wall style infantry to make it so that not only knights could hold their own on the battlefield.

its happening bois

Holy fuck, that eye unsettles the shit out of me.

Why? Bretonnia is perfectly interesting as it is.

>stronger French themes

Bretonnia is almost oppressively French. The only British thing about them is the whole Grail and Lady deal, everything else is French.

How would you insert said infantry in the society of bretonnia? And why should we insert those there rather than as infantry of Albionic origins?

imgur.com/a/ZLp6I
all beastmen pics
praise pontus.
you are not alone.

I think it's because it's on a head with big floppy ears and a cow nose - combine that with the teeth and huge horns, and it's suddenly a terrifying monstrosity giving off mixed signals.

One of the ancient Bretonni tribes? If the Empire can have wildly different tribes brought together into the Empire, so could Bretonnia.

In another thread, I suggested they play with the themes of inequality and eugenics more. The social structure of Bretonnia is a product of a eugenics program covertly imposed on them by the elves. This could have some unintended consequences.

One that I suggested was an increased prevalence of "hunchbacks", who are sent away at birth to become monks and relic protectors. The peasants believe they're changelings left by the fay folk, which is not too far from the truth given that they're a consequence of elven genetic tampering.

Unlike people with naturally occurring kyphosis, Bretonnian hunchbacks are much stronger than the average person. This combined with the social stigma surrounding their deformity makes them perfect candidates for the defense of isolated monasteries.

Unfortunately I have never been able to find any of these minis.

That old army list book had some great ideas and artwork.

But I'm an oldfag so I do love me some 3rd Ed.

I don't remember elves tampering with genetics, but I like the idea of half-blessed ugly fucks that guard isolated passes, monasteries and occasionally talk with magical creatures.
Like super pilgrims inspired by ephialtes and quasimodo

Going to a tournament, I can take a free monster up to 250pts from either the Monstrous Arcarnum or a Forces of Destruction army book.

Any suggestions for which monster is worth taking? Considering the merwyrm since it at least has regen to defend against cannonballs.

In G&F Teclis has a thing for human twins.

A Slayer in the series is notorious for banging 2 elves, but he claims that only one was an elf, and a half elf at that.

the twins were elves though.

Tome of Sorcery is a start.

Nah, humans. Teclis is a gimp and other elves don't want him.

It doesn't help that his brother is Chad, Aenarion reborn.

So another horde faction?
I do like the the new towns.
I am very curious about the other factions mechanics. Will the skaven have some sort of Medieval 2 pope thing?

I think that would be a good mechanic. There are the Greater Clans, a few lesser clans and you start as Clan Mors. If you make war on the other clans, especially the Greater Clans, too much without warring on the 'lesser' races the Grey Seers get pissed and call open season on your ass until you donate enough warpstone, take slaves, make war on the surface, etc.

I think skaven should switch the focus on siegea rather than open field battles.

Like, they always use the underway to move so they do not show up on the map, but can pop out anytime everywhere, but only near enemy settlements

From those screen shots it looks like they're going to be a horde with the Orc fightyness mechanic? Could be wrong but they do seem to have both of those elements in the UI.

Skaven are going to be a interesting one, I think they'll make us play as the pope in this case. easier to explain how come you get access to all the units etc.

Is......does that horse have rocket boots?

pretty sure they were elves and the boudicca was the one who wanted his dick.
only the best

Also that they upskirted one in the trailer and he was bare as a ken doll. Because his whole body is a one-eyed monster!

The fact that it doesn't glow blue and is instead big and teary makes it seem kinda freaky.

So they have Chaos Giants and Cygors, but no Ghorgon?

Boudicca wanted his dicca too until he went kill crazy. Apparently Felix caught that rebound.

Alright so here is my adventure plan

Once the Graf and his men return from killing beasties and whatever else, he announces that the forces of chaos have retreated to the middle mountains and are regrouping, possibly for a second assault against a softer target than middenheim while they wait for more reinforcements form the north. Since the party accomplished some pretty good things in ahses of middenehim and touched the white flame of Ulric without being burned, the Graf asks the party to the accompany the war host as they regroup with the remaining forces form the other provinces. He does so because he needs a mostly trustworthy and capable full party along for the ride, as he suspects some sedition among the command staff.

The goal here is to run a mostly military oriented campaign, work with and alongside the Empire's armies, help rally the shattered defenders of Nordland and Hochland, and get a little intruge/chaos cult biz/possibly some adventuring on the side. I figure that Chaos took a pretty heavy blow in the siege, but the Empire is now fighting mostly without the aid of the dwarves/elves/brets and other allies as they mostly took their toys and went home after the big one was fought.

Any tips for adventure hooks or other things to keep it interesting?

It's implied to be a title by that fact alone. In all likelihood, Oglah Khan is in as much danger of being backstabbed as any other high-ranking Hobgoblin and in all cases the one that did it becomes the new Oglah Khan.

Could someone help me identify this bit? Found it in an old box full of WHFB stuff.

looks like part of a forest dragon head

I do like the idea of elven illuminati manipulating Bretonnian breeding. On one hand, it gets you noble ubermensch, on the other, it gets you those guys.

Probably this or a wyvern head.

A Chad who literally cucked the Phoenix King himself

Nah man, that's just Slavs doing Slav things.

It was everyone.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ossuary

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ossuary
See, the difference between the other Ossuaries is that the bones are interred either in boxes or bales.

The Slav Ossuary on the other hand looks like something out of Warhammer 40k.

You half expect a space marine chaplain to pop out from behind the column looking at the thing.

>or a wyvern head.
yep, it's a wyvern's head, an old one

Yes! Thank you!

Now that I've got it narrowed down, I can confirm that it's from the 4th edition Azhag the Slaughterer, way back in 1995.

My wood elf has the same wings.. lol, this was built atleast 10-15 years ago

pretty much all flying monsters were using the same plastic wings, I think at the time it would have been difficult to produce such large metal pieces, especially considering they would be extrtemely difficult to glue and result in an umbalanced model

someone in the total war general told me you guys had a download link of some sorts for most of the warhammer novels, anyone got it? thanks

Have you checked the pastebin in the OP?

mediafire.com/folder/2qbp22o8ch8qc/Warhammer_Fantasy_Battles

Alright Veeky Forums - tell me about your dream WFRP adventures that you never went on. Scenarios and campaigns that you've either planned to run one day or died on arrival.

I've always wanted to get through the Doomstones campaign as a player, but I literally know no other gamers in Melbourne who own the 1ed WFRP system.

Play with who, if anyone, is a traitor. Also consider that Hochland may be wary of Middenland "rescue," since the terms probably include annexation.

Ideas for a military themed WFRP campaign -

1. Explore the possibility of a Civil War. You don't have to carry through with it, but in such a tumultuous time it's not an impossible threat on the horizon. Play on players paranoia. Make them question why soldiers are being recruited and stationed at certain locations.

2. A death/war cult springs up in the ranks. It's seen as harmless at first - and a common enough site - but before long it's become apparent that, despite always being in the thick of the fights, the cultists never get killed or injured. Coincidence or something more?

3. The supply lines are being raided constantly. It's up to the party to put and end to it. Oh no! The raiders are infact starving villagers trying to survive. What do.

4. After being routed after a particularly violent confrontation, the army accidentally violates a border treaty. It's up to the players to argue their case and prevent rising hostilities.

5. Scouting missions.

Campaign set in Ancient Nehekhara. Instead of your racial options being "Dorf, Human, Elf, Halfling", you get "Human, Pseudo-Undead Human (Liche Priests), Divine Conduit Humans / Furfags (Ushabti), and Lizardmen (probably Skink-only but maybe Saurus too)". Adventurers are things like bringing Tomb Robbers to justice, exploring the routes to Cathay / Arabay, dealing with Ogres and mutants and whatnot in the Mountains, getting wrapped up in (Nehekharan / Lizardmen) prophecies, Priesthood politics, etcetera.

All eventually culminating in a Nagash apocalypse and rising again as Tomb-Princes in the new world, determined to bring back the glory that was.

So I'm doing some RPing, and I was looking around on a few websites for information on Karak Norn but I only found very bare bones information about the dwarf fortress-city. I was going to make an entire thread but would have been pointless for it.

Any other dwarf enthusiasts out there who know anything about the Karak other than the shit I found in the Lexicanum and the Wiki.

The beauty of it would have been that - even in the case of a TPK - the group could always "get back together" ALA reanimation via Nagash's Great Ritual. They all died centuries before his birth? Lolfuckit they were given funerary rites anyways. Were in Nehekhara doing Nehekhara things when Nagash casted it? They're some of the people caught in the open who're reanimated. Etcetera, etcetera.

And while alive? Very non-standard Fantasy stuff. "We're going on an egyptian airship adventure. Yeah, bring the Saurus along, they'll get along great with the Liche Priest being carried underneath that's interred in a mecha-scorpion."

Not necessarily the low fantasy people think of when it comes to WHFB, but if you're going to play in the Time of Legends you might as well go all-out.

I think the big problem is that they have almost nothing to them. Their peasants are kept in a communist/feudal commune, and their knights wouldn't deign to adventure with anyone else, or probably leave Bretonnia unless as part of a larger force. The Empire, on the other hand, has a burgeoning middle class, plenty of peasants who will go travel or go crazy and join flagellant groups or some sort of priesthood or mercenary band, and nobles who aren't afraid to get into the thick of it and become witch hunters or knights or wizards.

What would you suggest to make them more interesting?

Eugenics? Constant peasant revolts/burgeoning class war? An active and very present divine prescence fighting on the side of the oppressors?

Well you said it. Magical knights ruling over serfs on one side holy roman empire with magic on the other.

Peasants trying to organise an underground railroad to sneak serfs out of Bretonnia and into the Empire.

Which edition of Warhammer Fantasy had the best artwork?

1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_Fantasy:_Character_Traits

I made this homebrew for further character customization. How does it look? Does anyone think it has value?

I do

You do what?

I got a copy of the core book, thought no one else played it.

That's already hinted at in a few parts of the fluff - my big problem is that there's no reason for a Bretonnian knight to travel, or any real freedom for a Bretonnian peasant to. So they just stay really insular and no one bothers to fluff them out because it's obviously just stereotypical, and they'll never become servants of Chaos or necromancers or go try to have colonies in Lustria, so there's little real depth to their place in the Warhammer world.

That just seems silly to me - it's not like the peasants are that oppressed, just given no real freedom. And the Empire isn't going to treat them much better.