That player that insists on crawling across his sword instead of jumping over the gulf

>That player that insists on crawling across his sword instead of jumping over the gulf

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wKFZOIv5sS0
youtube.com/watch?v=I9lmvX00TLY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

lmao

Is he also on fire?

You DON'T crawl over swords while on fire all the time?

I love medieval art, it can get to fucking weird.

>"Um. Crap. Crap. Don't moveyour head, I can, um...I can fix it!"

Some of the best stuff is the uncanny valley pre-Renaissance stuff. It's not as "haha wtf" as old illuminated manuscript stuff, but it's got a certain ironic appeal to it. Like the tiny-adult babies and facial expressions that seem to communicate the wrong thing...

The best part is how, generally speaking, it's otherwise pretty high-quality work.

Why didn't he leave it in its sheathe? The it wouldn't cut him.

That baby is far too into that neckline. Like, I'm pretty sure we're witnessing a fetish being born.

This just in: Jesus had Oedipus complex for Mary.

Sheaths are for women.

Scabbards are for arming swords, not greatswords.

Shouldn't he just drop into the moat? To put out the flames?

Why did monks have such a fetish for drawing knights fighting snails?

more snails

Hares, another natural
enemy of the garden variety knight

The truest horror is when snails and bunnies fight together

Saved some of these gems from Veeky Forums

I read somewhere that they were supposed to represent the French

Another one

Interesting, although that does not explain the bunnies.

And finally, an all-time classic
With that, I must leave you

I don't just want more of this, I actually need more of it.

You're in luck
I actually remembered I have another folder
So I guess I'm not leaving just yet.

This pic pretty much ends all "but that's a wyvern not a dragon" discussions.

>But it's what my character would do!

>I read somewhere that they were supposed to represent the French
That's weird. Don't the French eat snails? Isn't that like using rabbits to represent wolves? Or is that what happened to all the giant snails?

I assume you all know this one by now, but here you go anyway

I've got a few personal favorites.

Kinda reminds me of those Pepe and Wojak images, where Pepe is a smug shit and Wojak is just... Wojak.

>Implying Frenchmen have the courage of wolf

Probably because there's a pepe/wojak edit

There was once a story about a bull that killed people with the force of his shitting. Don't remember what it was called tho, but this is based on that

I'm not shitting you

This is what not being allowed to have a good wank in a monastery for 20 years will do to you.

More bullshit

>No, paw. Ol' Red is my dragon. I'll put him down.

Snails and bunnies are back for revenge
And this time, man's best friend is man's worst nightmare

What? You gonna cut me with that thing?

I'm out, hopefully OP has more. doing god's work.

Bunnies don't know what "no" means

I'm not OP
I'm just giving a
>single line of meme-arrows
thread a purpose.

YAMETE

You might be creepy, but you'll never be "12th century dragon cuck fetish" creepy

Satyrs versus Snails, coming to theatres near you.

Snails vs. Knights was probably just an early meme.

Shit just got real

Makes sense, monks were just early NEETS living on welfare who couldn't get any and were always mad at those chad knights.

They evolve

Thus ended the Fourth Rabbit-Humanic Wars

>snail uprising when

Remember, peeing is the best defence against bearded snails

Art seems inexplicable.

>have decent, naturalistic paintings in Roman times
>fug it up for the next 1,000 years

I guess the explanation is art is often not about looking representational, but just being "art", but you would think something that looks objectively more attractive would be more popular.

Old depiction of a bunny sheepherder guiding his flock.

>"Do you mind?"
>ohokay.jpg

And as this lion plays a sad tune of a violin, I must depart.
Hope you enjoyed the dump.

Good thread, thanks man.

>What the fuck? I don't remember packing a bunch of dogs.

>you would think something that looks objectively more attractive would be more popular
you'd think, but then you remember postmodernism is a thing

Just watch Cadfael, it's all there
>That episode where Brother Jerome wants roasties to get out
>That episode where they bully a girl until she kills herself
>That episode where a tumbler visits the monastery

>but then you remember postmodernism is a thing

>you remember postmodernism is a thing
I've been trying to repress this feel

Yeah, but in modern times post-modernist (and other "arty" art) art is only popular among a certain pretentious crowd, where the masses consume art that DOES look good. We probably live in the best era of art yet, it's just that popular art isn't even considered art, it's just an aspect of visual entertainment.

Thinking about it now, though, in much of history art was paid for and (mostly) consumed by a small number of elites, so if those elites decided they wanted to look at ugly stuff I guess there was nothing to stop that from happening.

Monumental art (i.e, statuary) which is intended for mass consumption seems mostly attractive, so I guess it checks out. To be fair, Fayum paintings are an exception. What's interesting to me is that in the era when you had such gorgeously representational statuary (the classical era), most paintings were still so unrepresentational and shitty. Did all the good "artists" just go statuary instead?

>Dark Souls Priscilla lore

>I guess the explanation is art is often not about looking representational
The art isn't in a vacuum; there were other sociocultural factors influencing the quality of the art. The fall of Rome left Europe in tatters. They're called the Dark Ages for a reason. The drawings are bad because the socioeconomically regressive era that followed the fall of Rome didn't manage produce any generations of artists that could fucking draw.

>Did all the good "artists" just go statuary instead?
Possibly, though it could also just be a lack of readily available materials. Or even a lack of ways to preserve art beyond sticking it in a monastery.

I'm not well educated on the period.

That's actually a parody of the rest

Notice the rabbit's confusion and the human head

90% of manuscript illustrations could be redrawn in the late 80s gw style and fit perfectly into the margins of realm of chaos.

Postmodernism isn't bad; it's just different. It all depends on your perspective.

> - It is hard to fuck a sword
> + It is not impossible to fuck a sword

Another one on the topic of art

Nice sword.

DRAGONED.COM[/spoiler}

are those just buttholes

Welp.
I think so.
Every time I learn more about the world, I'm convinced further that there's some sort of joke I'm not in on.

>that pic
anime is older than we thought

Yep
Just buttholes.
At high res

The only thing he really did was getting the lighting right. Other than that he just had to spend money on a great camera.

The definition of art in modern days is two things:
>originality, no matter the cost
>shock value, despite everyone being desensitized already
That's how you get buttholes. That's how you get vid related youtube.com/watch?v=wKFZOIv5sS0
That's how you get your "art" thrown into the garbage by accident.

There's also a vid somewhere on youtube of a girl in art school doing her final preformance: she eats mexican food, gently straps herself of her clothes and then takes a shit.
That's it. She does that, bows in front of her peers, and gets a serious applause. Can't seem to find it tho

Hitler's shit looks very amateurish

Regardless of the subject, the anus paintings are more impressive technically I'd say

>paintings
ha ha ha

>bland fucking motel-tier art we've all seen a thousand times
>some madman artist actually got some gallery to agree to put fill their walls with actual assholes

The second is way better. At least going to an art gallery to see a collection of high resolution assholes sounds like a surreal and fun experience. I could invite some friends, it would be a memorable experience.
Viewing the first is just a complete waste of my time.

those are photographs

The thing is, technical photorealism isn't what people win prizes for. There's far more worthy photorealistic art (and general realism).
He won because they were assholes, not for the technical skill involved.

The story implied the gulf was a little bigger than that.

>implying it's a mistake to call that kind of installation trash

Oh, I didn't realize the barn scene in Another Lady Innocent was based on history

If you knew you had a shot at 30 million by taking pictures of some literal assholes you'd do it too

>Hitler's shit looks very amateurish
They are, but they're still a ton better than most of the shit being produced today.

>anus paintings
Those are photographs, user.
If those were paintings, that shit would be great

Wrong video my man
youtube.com/watch?v=I9lmvX00TLY

I'm not hating the player, I'm hating the game

If I wanted a surreal and fun experience I can go to something that is not an art gallery. I can go watch high res pictures of assholes from the comfort of my home.
I go to an art gallery for art, not buttholes.

Reflect on yourself and realise you're arguing the merit of art is defined by how much of a naughty giggle you can have with your mates