What system would be best for running a game in the Knights of Sidonia setting?

What system would be best for running a game in the Knights of Sidonia setting?
Bonus question: What about Blame?

Don't bother saying Gurps.

FATE, it's easy to use in any setting and works best with generally competent characters.

Do you have any suggestions that AREN'T one-size-fits-all systems

Bump

Transhuman Space?

Never heard of that one. Pros/cons?

Jovian Chronicles
Maybe Traveller,

Both Suggestions are more for KoS

It's literally a GURPS setting. Your irrational hatred of generic systems keeps you from finding what you want.

GURPS is shit.
I've tried it before and it was subpar in every experience.
Versatility is fine, but not if the end result is decidedly lesser than something more specific.

You gurpsfags always shove it into people's faces even when specifically instructed not to. How much are they paying you to shill?

Someone here on Veeky Forums brewed up a Blame! game actually.

Never tried it out myself but there it is.

Oh fuck!

>no gurps
It's like you don't even want Hermapramorph.

Anyways, I'm sad to inform you that I know of no really strong mecha-specific RPGs, and I have tried most of them. Silhouette core 3rd is a non-gurps option in the same realm, though it is a generic system. I've been looking at GURPS Modular Mecha, and that holds promise as well-especially in your case, as most of the protagonists should be using the same mecha statblocks.

Generally if you want to run a mecha-specific game: get ready for some blood sweat and sadness.

>What system would be best for running a game in the Knights of Sidonia setting?

Maybe Mekton Zeta or Bubblegum Crisis?

>Bonus question: What about Blame?
Already done, seconding this

Was just fucking with you, the full book is "Gurps: Transhuman space", but it's got a lot of what you want in there even if you don't use the system.

Other than that, you might want to look into Eclipse Phase

What's it based on?

GURPS.

>what's the best system for running this
>but not the best system for running this!

So really you were asking for the second best.

2D10+stats vs Target number.

Fairly basic system. Dont know what you'd call it based on.

>Gurps being best at anything

Not sure it'd actually work for it, but I'm tempted to use Eclipse Phase to run Blame! It's not really a good fit, setting-wise, but it's got all the sort of nutty transhuman elements that would see a lot of good use.

I won't suggest Gurps, because its GURPS MOTHERFUCKER!

If you're going to shitpost at least do it right.

Do you have a plan for your blame game at all? the hardest part seems like it'd be making an overarching plot and having people pursue it without things ending up stale and samey after a while.

It's a vague idea, so no, never got to the actually planning the game stage, to be honest. I mostly mentioned it as a system I'd thought of, to answer OP's question.

We'd tell you, but your irrational hatred tells me you probably can't handle numbers higher than 10 well

Ok

I'm looking at running it in the AdEva rules, not sure how I feel about it yet.

Eclipse Phase

Just use fucking GURPS. There's like 80 different games built around it just for you including one literally labeled Blame! handmade for it. You aren't going to find shit all thats anywhere near better for what you're trying to run without strong arming in a few hundred things and attempting to translate their rolls and somehow attempting to maintain balance. It's just not going to happen.

This dude is probably on to something with Jovian Chronicles.

Its a space-mechs game so its already focused on the same genre.

I just have to know:

Is that pic actually in the official game book, or is that a joke edit?

Gurps has everything you could ever want or need, user.

My gurps books have never given me a hug

David Pulver puts catgirls in everything.

You mistreat them and leave them all alone. When was the last time YOU hugged THEM?

>GURPS is needy

No kidding huh?

The reason people suggest GURPS, is because if you want something that doesn't have its own system, it's probably one of your best bets (the others being other universal systems like fate, hero, or savage worlds).

GURPS 3e has a Mecha book, for example.

But you might have some luck with BESM. I haven't played it, but it's supposedly flexible, and i hear it has rules for Mecha.

Mutants and Masterminds 3e might also work.

GURPS 4 has Mecha rules in the space ships supplement, or the pyramid article for modular Mecha. You can also build them as large supers characters with int 0. Less in-depth options than 3e Mecha though.

GURPS 4e spaceships can probably simulate the high speed nature of Sidonia mecha fights the best as well.

Bump

You could try out FUZION, they've got some mech stuff. Although they're a "generic" system, they are more often used for futuristic stuff, as far as my experience goes.

GURPS