Ryukuza Quest: Protector of Smiles and Youkai Hunter

Stage 125: The things that must be done....

You are finally home.

It's taken a while but you feel confident that your home, the penthouse of an apartment building overseen by something older and freakier than any youkai of the Age of Legends would be, is fairly safe and secure. Between your sister, an eminent fortuneteller and seer, your personal seer Er Yin-sensei, and the ancient being that owns the apartment complex, the place has been warded and purified to the point of sterility, if it weren't for the plants, artwork, and other feng shui your sister added to prevent just that. It is a safe haven and a place of warmth, love, and beautiful pastels.

That last was non-negotiable.

You and your wife took a nice long time in the baths getting clean and reacquainted with each other after not having any such opportunities for far too long. You've made the first and most critical arrangements to enforce the will of the Jade Emperor (may he live Ten Thousand times Ten Thousand Years) on the Buddhist demons and devils that your sister inadvertently sicced on you in the interests of preventing her own vision of the doom you will be bringing to Japan. Never mind that you were meant to bring this doom by order of Amaterasu-Omikami's own wishes; your sister wasn't entirely privy to that situation until after the fact, and by then it was too late for a lot of things. Nevertheless her heart is still in the right place and you are very happy that she is with you here, along with newer members of your family such as the slightly dazed enlightened immortal Yuuhi-chan, the keeper of Horobi's underwater palace Shoko, and the handsome and shy tomboy that is the daughter of the kamuy of the hunt and childbirth.

Other urls found in this thread:

suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/48225529/
suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/37879167/
pastebin.com/Z53TyK0N
pastebin.com/rZLwzvGx
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The other members of you close knit and rather strange little clan are equally happy to be home, reunited and safe alike with their own loved ones. While the Edict delivered in the name of the Jade Emperor must take precedence over all, at the moment you've done all you can, even to the point of sending a missive to the Mill Pond Demon, a kappa who could potentially help you to heal Er Yin's spiritual and physical damage. The edict might not forbid you from doing anything else, but at the moment your content to nibble on a mocchi ball and snuggle with Kiki-hime on the couch.

But time will pass, and you do have things on your mind, critical things. Still Kiki-hime is dozing off every few minutes, and the talk has become subdued and earnest. It might be time to take some time to yourself, or to discuss matters of subtle import, rather than exciting and troublesome things.

[] Try and nail down more information on the Mill Pond Demon.
[] Take Kiki-hime to bed and try and sleep for a while.
[] Send Yui-chan and Akari-chan to bed – they've been overworked and injured, respectively.
[] Put Kiki-hime to bed and send Akari and Yui to bed, and talk with the elders of your clan for a bit.
[] Suggest everyone join you and Kiki-hime in the master bedroom and just let everyone relax and bask in each other's presence.

Twitter: @XsQuestmistress

Previous Thread: suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/48225529/

Interlude: suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/37879167/

Threads in Chronological Order, including writeups by XS : pastebin.com/Z53TyK0N
or search for Title: Ryukuza on Suptg

Barrier Combat Guide: pastebin.com/rZLwzvGx

>Ryukusa's Treasures

Her name: Ryuu Yorihokura

Eight hundred and sixty-two cat youkai live in your aura

Matagama-no-Shitoki, a kami in it's own right that protects Ryukusa from inimical magic.

Ame-no-Omukade-no-Musume – Ryukusa's mukade possessed wakizashi; a kami. “Daughter of my Centipede of Rain.”

Gendai-no-Muteki-no-Buki - Invincible Weapon of the Present Age, a secret kami-blade given to Ryukusa by Wakaba that appears to be made of some alloy of titanium.

Seido no Shinpi-tekina Ken – a mysterious bronze sword given to Ryukusa by the mermaids of Japan.

Go Yūrei no Rensa, the Five-Ghost-Chain, used to summon or send messages to your (actual) older sister Ryuu Nabiki.

Her Penthouse in the Secret Apartments of Tsathoggua in Shikoku prefecture, Tokyo.

Ryukusa's Family.

>Talismans:
Akari – Centipede
Er Yin – Scorpion
Kiki – Toad
Kiku – Lizard
Yui – Snake

Ryu Ryukusa is tall at 5' 8", but this becomes 6' in her true form. She is fully grown. Lesbian top.
Kiku is 5' 1" for ever and ever. Lesbian submissive.
Akari is 5' 3", and has another few inches to grow. Sexuality is weird, switch, cosplayer.
Yui is 5' 8" and will only grow due to circumstances beyond her control. Dyke, switch.
Kiki is 5' 6", and is at full growth. Bisexual bottom.
Er Yin is the tallest at 5' 10" and is fully grown. Lesbian dominant.
Jinyuu is 5' 7" but persistently hovers an extra three inches above the ground or floor because of her nature as a seer. Straight.
Hinata-hakase is 6' 3". Sexuality is terrifying.
Hidesato is 5' 5". Straight.
Kushinada is 5' 8". Straighter.
Taisho Ryoga is 5' 9". Who knows.
Hyun Chisato is 5' 4”, and is fully grown. Lolicon with plausible deniability.
Rie is 8” tall or 5' 5”, and is fully cat. Her sexuality is cat.
Hagyu Genso is 12' 5” standing upright. He is by and large gay.
Mizumi Shoko is 7' 2”, is fully grown. Bisexual top.
Yuuhi is 4'11” and is fully grown. Yuuhi a cute.
Tokei Isusangi, Inau-kun is 5' 3” and still confused.
Reiha is 5' 5 1/2”, and is milfy.
Peta is 3' 2”. Peta is \>.

Hi XS! How are you?

>Tell us there is going to have a disaster

why must you torture me like that?

That pic is wrong, wrong I say! There is no mention of Akari.

>Suggest everyone join you and Kiki-hime in the master bedroom, once you're sure it's correctly blessed.
>Put Kiki, Akari and Yui to bed, they have to recover their strength.

>Ask about the Mill Pond Demon now, but try to keep it a nice sleepover regardless. You'll tell the sleepy ones what you've learned in the morning.

We need to learn about the Kappa, but no need to make it gloomy or tiring.

Shit, delayed start and I'm still late.
>[x] Try and nail down more information on the Mill Pond Demon.
>[x] Suggest everyone join you and Kiki-hime in the master bedroom and just let everyone relax and bask in each other's presence.

Sure, I'll support.
Ryukusa time!

Slow day, huh. Friday lull taken to the next level.

[X] Put Kiki-hime to bed and send Akari and Yui to bed, and talk with the elders of your clan for a bit.
[X] Suggest everyone join you and Kiki-hime in the master bedroom and just let everyone relax and bask in each other's presence.
[X] Try and nail down more information on the Mill Pond Demon.

Some of the side effects of the changes you have been going through aren't all that pleasant to be honest. Not sleeping is something you were capable of before you became – started becoming – what you are now, but that was a matter of necessity or choice. Now you just don't need to if you're spiritually balanced. Same with eating; it's nice, pleasant even, but you don't really need all that much food. Even the pleasant afterglow of you lovemaking only soothed your mind and body; sleep is far away from you at the moment.

Shoko-san, Jinyuu-onee-sama, and Er Yin-sensei don't seem very tired either, and Kiku-chan, settled next to Er Yin's seat, doesn't look sleepy at all. In fact, she seems suspiciously NOT sleepy, and neither of them seems particularly interested in retiring despite how much time they have been apart.

“Why don't we take this to the master bedroom, and all relax there,” you suggest softly, gathering a rather undue amount of attention from most of your family, though Kiki-hime only looks up at you with a mildly quizzical look that has nothing to do with jealousy over spending your first night with the whole clan in your bed. Akari is nonplussed, of course, while Yui almost looks panicked before Akari takes hold of her hand and helps her to stand as she gets off the couch. A single glance and Yui is calming, understanding that her mostly self imposed status as 'servant' is equal to that of her lover, and if she's allowed then Yui herself is allowed. Kiku-chan stands gracefully as well, as does her Master, and you note that Er Yin collects one of the bottle of sake that have been opened as well as a small stack of dishes to drink it with.

Yuuhi-chan's ears prick up, and she beams brilliantly. “Slumber party?!”

“Less fuckin' party and more 'fuckin' slumbering, Yuuhi,” Shoko says calmly as she gets up and bows to you and Kiki-hime as you stand, clearly intending to go to her own bedroom. Inau-kun, you note, seems to have presumed – correctly – that she is invited. Your elder sister also has assumed so. You do happen to note Inau-kun's rather wistful glance at Shoko's readiness to leave. Interesting.

So it's just Shoko. Which makes a certain amount of sense – she tasked herself to service with you, but she hasn't really made herself part of your family – your clan – in fact. And you do need to discuss Yuuhi-chan's position as well. Still....

[] Ask her politely where she thinks she is going; she IS a member of Clan Ryuu.
[] Be firm but gentle – she is NOT excused.
[] Remind her kindly that she is included in “everyone”.
[] Tell her that your bedroom is patently in the OTHER direction.
[] Allow her to take her leave; it is her choice.

>[x] Be firm but gentle – she is NOT excused.

>[] Tell her that your bedroom is patently in the OTHER direction.
Silly!

>[] Be firm but gentle – she is NOT excused.

>Tell her she can leave in a while if she wishes to, but you have a few issues you need to discuss with her present first.

>"Beside, my bed will be even prettier with you on it~." Tease the brown oni

But user, what if Shoko is immune to teasing?

There is only one way to find out.

We also need to do some fashion design with her.

That's true, though this isn't the best time for that sadly. Gotta put it on our ever-growing list of things to do.

Fuck my class I'm late for a thread.

Tease the brown Oni

>[] Ask her politely where she thinks she is going; she IS a member of Clan Ryuu.
>[] Remind her kindly that she is included in “everyone”.

Collect that muscle Oni, collect her

>not posting from class
Come now!

>Shoko is challenging Ryukusa to push her toward making the water oni-child hers.

Joke aside, it could happen.

The classroom has no signal!

Reminds me of when I played quests on /d/ during class.

Wow. Have you considered transferring?

Class ends in two weeks user!

What is this? two Ryukuza quests in a week is it 2015 again?

It's the time of glorious Dragonettes user.

Cause Akari is the most normal out of everyone.

>[X] Ask her politely where she thinks she is going; she IS a member of Clan Ryuu.
>[X] Be firm but gentle – she is NOT excused.
Harem too big.

We just need to keep updating the bed, is all.

Harem is not too big. Still has a few more people that needs in.

Also, we need to find a way to spend time with Mermaid Hime and our kids. Can't be a bad lover or parent

Hope she does not react badly to seeing the master bedroom since that is where shoko saw her last masters dead body.

We just gotta be ready with some love!

Reminder that Ryukusa needs to be spanked by Er Yin

I'm sure it'll top Er Yin's agenda once she gets back to good health.

The disaster is the bed is going to collapse.

Too cute

Wonder if we can contact Mermaid-Hime and give her cute jewelry like this

>the floor collapses instead

In a gibbering maddness unintelligible to all, the landlord speaks

"Goddamit Ryukusa"

Remember if we guess correctly XS might give us a bonus.

[X] Tell her that your bedroom is patently in the OTHER direction.
[X] Be firm but gentle – she is NOT excused.
[+] Teasing is an important part of an oni's balanced diet; she can leave later if she wants.

You stand up, picking up your wife in an aptly named princess carry, much to her delight and soft giggles, which makes her jiggle in all sorts of attractive ways. “Shoko-san, that's not where the master bedroom is. I know you've been here long enough to know that.” Inau-kun glances at you gratefully, but you can't wink at her effectively without Shoko catching you.

“But you said I wasn't one of your servants....” she starts, confused. She's technically correct, you did in fact tell her that. But she seems to have neglected the other things you did tel her.

“I said I wasn't Horobi and that I don't hold any particular power over you. I also told Inau-kun that you are part of my household and mine to protect and succor. So you are going to come to bed with the rest of my household and family and relax, have a few drinks, and listen into any discussion we have while the other fall asleep.” She's been home this entire time and probably under a great deal of stress having little to do in a home that she doesn't really feel at home in.

Her eyes are downcast, but the come up blazing when Yuuhi pokes her with the butt of her nodachi. “Told you.” Shoko glares at Yuuhi, but it's only a mild glare.

“Besides, my bed is always better for having yet one more beautiful young woman in it.”

Inau-kun turns her head and lowers her chin, nose held tight, while Shoko splutters meaningfully while you turn and walk towards the bedroom before she can actually say anything. Kiki-hime is giggling again and you nuzzle her horns lovingly as she hugs you. She whispers confidentially, “I think Inau-kun likes our housekeeper....”

“You might be right.”

The others are already making their way into the bedroom, and Yui is carrying a large jar of your plum wine. Kiki smiles at Shoko-san, and Shoko looks abashed at having thought she wasn't invited. You're all too familiar with that special smile, and you've already had to take steps to avoid the paralytic power of it on a couple of occasions.

The bed is already becoming well occupied, though you note that Akari and Yui have already claimed a section near where you and Kiki-hime would be sleeping; you make sure to place Kiki-hime there. Pillows are rearranged, blankets and sheets moved about, glasses filled and you make sure that everyone is given a glass, though Yuuhi sniffs at the potent liquor suspiciously. Sitting cross legged, Kiki-hime leaning against you, your family and friends together once again, you lift your dish of alcohol and the others look to you.

“To Clan Ryuu and our allies; we have come so far, and carried heavy burdens. Our burdens may become greater, but our family and loved ones are more than worth any measure of weight we will carry.” The traditional salute is not loud or boisterous, it is soft but well meant. In the soft light of your bedroom, in a bed so similar to that of your mikoto's reign, you are toasted, with the scent of sandalwood incense, plum wine, hot sake, and cherry blossoms, you are toasted. “Kompai....” You drink as do the others, and the actual settling in begins.

Small talk is small and soft, with much soft laughter and gentle teasing and gentle wit, but eventually it becomes more quiet as Kiki, Akari, Yui, and Yuuhi settle into a soft sprawl of sleep. Inau-kun, yourself, Shoko, your sister, Er Yin and Kiku-chan are awake still. Kiku is in Er Yin's lap, cradling a cup of tea, while her Master strokes her coiling tail absently; Shoko is at the end of the bed, leaning on the edge of the floor rather than the ledge (being taller than everyone else as she is), while your sister is sitting next to you and you are cross legged in the middle of the bed. Inau-kun is sitting on the ledge between Er Yin and Shoko. There's still room for three or four more people.

“So....I have issues with going to the kappa. I'll tell you what I recall of the problems, and please tell me if I get anything incorrect.” Sadly, with your perfect recall, you don't get anything incorrect and when you tell the tales out loud, it only cements the issue when you summarize it. “The seems more and more like a trap laid out by the priestess of Kinashut Kamuy, using the disasters that befell an innocent miller. There isn't any one who can help us better, and the price is something that is going to specific to him and him alone, based on what he is now rather than who he was or what his past is. And what he is now is a very potent, possibly very twisted kappa who is more youkai than anything else.”

The others pretty much nod and make sounds of agreement.

[] Well, shit, you're not helping any further!
[] Let me look up my backlog of questions....
[] Right, so what do you have that can help me beyond this point?
[] What about Hinata-hakase? This isn't that much different....
[] Does anyone have ANY other option that might be useful?

>[x] Let me look up my backlog of questions....
>[x] Right, so what do you have that can help me beyond this point?
Operation tease was successful!

>[] Let me look up my backlog of questions....

We wrote this down right> Perfect recall is nice but as dramatic as opening up a huge sheet

>[] Does anyone have ANY other option that might be useful?
family pls save us

>[x] Let me look up my backlog of questions....
>[x] Right, so what do you have that can help me beyond this point?

>[] Right, so what do you have that can help me beyond this point?
>[] What about Hinata-hakase? This isn't that much different....

I forget, what's Hinata's deal again?

>[] Would it be possible to prove to the Kappa that it was Kinashut Kamuy, and if so, helping us would getting back at the being who imprisoned it in the pond all of this time?
[] Let me look up my backlog of questions....
[] What about Hinata-hakase? This isn't that much different....
[] Does anyone have ANY other option that might be useful?

>She wants a dragon pearl, and Ryukusa already owes her for sending her cousin and the others to take care of. She is supposed to ask for the Tide Lowering Pearl from her father for Hinata already, but that was payment for services rendered.

>[] Let me look up my backlog of questions....
>[] Right, so what do you have that can help me beyond this point?

>I'm willing to listen to any idea or exemple of how people dealt with powerful Kappa before.

>What can you tell me of people using a kappa's healing powers? How come kappa have healing powers in the first place? It doesn't really fit their typical behavior.

It has been bugging me a bit.

Those are good questions user. I'll add to my vote.

Do NOT contact Hinata-hakase. We're never giving her any pearl. Unless maybe as a punishment for a dragon-child who has been pure, unforgiveable evil.

I still don't get how it's Ryukusa who has to pay for her cousin. HE got himself in this mess, it's not because she suggested "if you go there, you might not die" that she's the one who has to pay the tab.

There's always negotiation. Obviously we wouldn't give up any pearls. She's probably easier to negotiate with safely than the kappa...probably.

>It's Japanese obligation; she informed him that Hinata-hakase could help, she allowed him to live, his life is her responsibility, ergo Hinata-hakase is owed that favor. Likewise, if Hinata-hakase harms him, she would owe Ryukusa instead, for making the offer of sanctuary a lie.

No.

Do not negociate with someone you know the cost is too high. And with her, the cost is always too high when such matters are at hand.

She's very, very last resort

Uh. Seriously?

Being Ryukusa is difficult.

>being Japanese is difficult
FTFY. This really happens all the time.

The real price of mercy, you could say.

But aren't we bound by obligation to pay her back eventually anyway?

Yes. Don't increase the tab, it's already too big.

Sorry if I'm rash as fuck, but I can't stress this enough: increasing the amount we owe to Hinata is bad as fuck.

I just remembered something: we should try to see if this Clan Ryo old sorcerer is still around. We wanted to consult him about the kappa, but then Wakaba happened.

Good idea, user.

We're already bound to pay her one Large Favour, incurring another would be too much.

Oh, that's a good point. Shouldn't hurt to try right?

Should follow any lead we've got. Depends on if we can actually get a hold of him though.

we should go help that yokai at our palace our new sister told us how to fix.

Let's be careful we don't diverge too far from our orders though.

I think that might be stretching our current obligation to the Jade Emperor.

Like we're already pushing it with the Kappa.

Yeah i know. Just do not want people to forget about the sad paper monster that lost its last master and is slowly fading from the memory of the present to be lost to the tales of history as yet another forgotten fairy tale.

user pls don't tempt us to tempt fate and do that first

Is it something only we can do, or can we tell someone else how to do it? Like the onus only applies to us with stopping Enma, right?

Yeah i am sure we can just leave our cute paper wall for a couple of more years. I am sure she will not be sad or anything and still be there when we get back.

I didn't forget about her. It was among the first things I wanted to vote for, last time, but we didn't go at the palace.

We have to do it, I'm pretty sure, since she waited for the next incarnation of Horobi's mikoto.

We can talk it over with our advisors. If necessary, we can figure out whether we have time to complete the Jade Emperor's request then go down there to heal the screen, or whether we need to send someone down there to do it for us.

I imagine it's not terribly dire, just a question of a bit more defense for our palace and an extra type of ally, in exchange for having to go there or send one of our family there.

We literaly can't go to the palace right now.

Sure you master sending some one else must mean she cares right? right? I mean you might have love to see her but i am sure she is busy saving the world and stuff.

We can include her in our prayers.

Also, we still have to commission this Noh theatric play for the two oni who dishonored themselves patheticaly. Maybe we could include the cute paper door spirit in it, like a framing device?

Paper door spirit addressing the audience, saying it's going to tell the tale, then opening up to reveal the set.

it could give her energy

I like this idea

I want this so bad haha.

Cute

[XXX] Let me look up my backlog of questions....
[XX] Right, so what do you have that can help me beyond this point?
[X] Does anyone have ANY other option that might be useful?
[X] What about Hinata-hakase? This isn't that much different....
[+] What if we prove it's Kinashut's fault?
[+] Why do kappa have healing powers they can grant to others anyways?

“Okay, let me look at my notes.” you summon notebook out of ~Nowhere~ and peruse it, much to the shock and surprise of everyone awake, with the sole except of the person who can't actually see it and doesn't think there's anything written on the pages anyways because she's blind and has more sense than most. You throw it back into nowhere just as quickly and cross your arms. “So, beyond him being a painter and needing paints that would survive underwater which is a stupid idea anyways because he can just paint on land anyways,” which is absolutely true and blows some of the information you got from the remainder of Wakaba's people out of the water (ha ha) and annoys you that you didn't realize it was stupid earlier, “what can we really offer this kappa anyways?”

Though most of them are still dumbfounded that you actually checked notes, Er Yin-sensei speaks up. “Very little, to be honest, Ryukusa-sama. It simply comes down to the problem of not having much in the way of current and reliable information about the Mill Pond Demon as he is now. Everything I showed you was in the past.”

Kiku-chan speaks up. “It is a youkai, and there is no such thing as a predictable youkai, baka dragon. We are lucky we have this information to work with at all. Most youkai are even more inscrutable.”

You frown and tilt your head, looking at nothing in particular. “how is it that kappa are healers, or grant healing powers to others? I've been told about the man who gave the kappa-boy's limb back and was taught medicine, but that parable doesn't really fit with anything else, like sucking people's guts out of their-”

Inau-kun interrupts, her face redder than Akari's eyes. “It comes back to their phenomenal healing ability, Ryukusa-san.” You look up at her quizzically. “Like an immortal, a kappa can regenerate from almost any wound as long as they are touching the water of their birth. Their arms are also strangely detachable and if you can return a stolen arm, they will reward you with their friendship. Kappa are also wrestlers, partly because they have to work so hard to prevent their water from being spilled. So they have become experts at bone setting and joint afflictions, the two most common complaints.”

“A legend, partly based in fact,” Er Yin agrees.

“If you can force it to spill its water, and then refill the bowl, then it will serve you for the rest of your life. That that is something like asking you not to chase skirts,” your elder sister comments mildly, a smile upon her lips as she sips sake from behind her fan. That prompts soft amused laughter and eases the tension a bit.

“I don't chase skirts, I chase what's under them,” you claim loftily, much to your sister's and Inau-kun's embarrassment. “As a long shot, is there any way to prove that his death was the fault of supernatural forces conspiring against him?” You mention no names, but sadly the point backfires.

“You said it yourself – Kinashut's hand is invisible, if it was there at all. It is a youkai, and the kamuy are far older and more subtle in their effects on the world in comparison to a kami,” Inau-kun points out.

“And before you ask, no, Hinata-hakase isn't an option. You said that you owe her already; my Master's injury is terrible, and would require her to use her full power.” You note that Kiku-chan is more open about her master in the present company. Interesting, and rather cute.

“I was going to ask, but that seems a moot point. Is there ANY other option we can explore?” You aren't entirely desperate yet, but you are getting there. A soft moan from behind you prompts you to gently pet Akari's head with your tail, caressing her horn lightly. It seems to relax her enough that she drifts back to sleep.

Inau-kun and Er-Yin speak as one. “Yes.”

All eyes are on them, though Kiku-chan merely looks at Inau-kun, which makes the hunter blush. “I told you before – demigods are creatures of three elemental strengths and two weaknesses. You haven't take full strength yet, but if you took the power of Wood for yourself, you could be able to heal Er Yin.”

[] I've been resisting the choice for a while now for a reason.
[] And what if it turns out I need the power of Fire to combat magic?
[] I've been thinking hard and I still haven't made that decision.
[] What about the Ryo Clan sorcerer?
[] You realize that what you're suggesting might not work?

>[x] I've been resisting the choice for a while now for a reason.
>[x] What about the Ryo Clan sorcerer?

>“I don't chase skirts, I chase what's under them,”
I dunno, Ryukusa seems to appreciate many styles and fashions so I'd not be surprised if she's literally chased skirts before as well.

>[] I've been resisting the choice for a while now for a reason.
>[] What about the Ryo Clan sorcerer?

>[X] What about the Ryo Clan sorcerer?
>[X] Why did i not take wood again? seems useful

>[] I've been thinking hard and I still haven't made that decision.
>[] And what if it turns out I need the power of Fire to combat magic?
I'm not absolutely opposed to it, but better to get more info. I wouldn't mind embracing wood before trying the kappa, but wanna ask about the sorcerer first of all.

>[] I've been resisting the choice for a while now for a reason.

>Please forgive me for this, Er Yin-sempai-chan and Kiku-cutie-chan. It is not a question of selfishness. I simply do not feel myself to be Wood more than the other remaining elements. At worst, if I choose an element that does not fit me, I could be unable to heal Er Yin.

I still think Ryukusa is more Fire.

>I have a Clan Ryo spymistress I need to pay a visit. I could probably have her tell more the Mill Pond Demon, as compensation for not completing her task.

We are sparing her, sure, but her tab is not erased yet.

I can't see Ryukusa as anything like Wood. One can't choose this based on the power it grants

>[X] I've been thinking hard and I still haven't made that decision.
>[X] You realize that what you're suggesting might not work?
>[X] What about the Ryo Clan sorcerer?

odd i see her way more as wood then as fire.

Couldn't you also base it not on who Ryukusa is now, but who she must -become- to accomplish what she must, the way she wants?

At the same time, her state of mind is a large part of her elemental affinities as well - actually embracing the element might go a long way towards realigning herself with it if they are in fact poorly compatible.